May 25th!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolboarder98
Holy sh*t! New Line Cineams is actually releasing RotK on May 25th! That's about 3 months earlier then FotR or TTT was released.

shadow link
does that push everything else forward coz im wating to get the box set coz thatll be packed with sutff and all that collexctors edition stuff plus ill save money

conway
thats what im getting,i aint gonna get the normal edition released on the 25th it seems..ill save my money and go for the box set smile

Kitoky
News heard. smile

pip-foot
wow KIT! i love your new Siggy!

Phoenix
eek!

*goes insane*

Now I don't have to wait so long!!!

Exa
Im so happy bout that... but Il still wait for the ee I think

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t30419.html

Discos
lol yep, been told, this is shadowy's shoe's your stepping on no

anyways, best to Merge this to the "actual" thread kit-aroo

BingaBonga
The extended version comes out sometime near the holidays sad That's what I'll have to wait for, I'll probably just rent Rotk a thousand times

shadowy_blue

shadowy_blue
The EE it was said will be released on Holiday 2004, so November indeed. sad

Just a few comments I found from 'theoneparty' hosted by TORN (oh to have been there!).

These are from Peter Jackson to the fans -

"I'm sure most of you have heard me blabbing off in the past few weeks but we've just finished the extended cut of the DVD. I finished the edit before I came over here - these poor bastards at Weta have got another 350 effects shots to do! They're well on the way. Elijah's seen the extended cut. New Line have announced some box set that's supposed to be coming out which I didn't know anything about. When I've done 'King Kong' I'd like to do a proper box set and we've got a whole bunch of material - not of the movie but we've got a whole lot of bloopers out there! When King Kong's out the way I'd like to do a really high definition version with the best possbile picture quality.

There's a complicated story... you'll have to listen to this. It's just something that we are going to put on the DVD in November for the extended Return of the King. There's this really funny thing that involved these two guys Elijah and Dom. We were in Berlin doing our junket before the premiere of the film. All of us were over there doing press every day where they sit you down in front of cameras and you do all this press, except Elijah couldn't be in Berlin - he was in New York. I think he was doing the 'Saturday Night Live' thing but what Elijah agreed to do very kindly was to get up at 4 o'clock in the morning in New York and sit in front of a camera so that the journalists in Berlin could interview him live since he couldn't be there. So Elijah's in a situation where he's in a room at 4 o'clock in the morning and he has no pictures to look at - there's just a camera pointing at him and he has an earphone on. He's live and he can hear the interviewer in Berlin asking questions. They feed several German interviewers and Elijah sits there blankly looking at the camera and answering the questions that are coming through his earpiece. After that had happened three or four times Dominic, who was in Berlin, thought this was an opportunity for a great practical joke! So Dominic comes into the room in Berlin, puts on a German accent and he pretends to be a German interviewer. Elijah has got no idea whatsoever because Dom put on a great accent 'Ah, hello zere Mr Wood I am pleased to meet you'. And then Dom proceeds to ask Elijah the most outrageously rude questions and Elijah's got no idea. He's sat there being filmed and there's this absolute moron asking questions on the other side and he was videoed too. We've got this thing and it's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life: seeing Elijah trying to hold it together when he's being bombarded with these horrible questions. It was so funny that we're going to stick it on the DVD."

laughing Can't wait to see that..laughing

Phoenix
I hope they do an ee box set!

Leggy_n_Merry
OMG seriously??? eek! eek! eek!!!!!!!!! That means I will be able to watch it when Troy comes out eek! omg what is sooo not long at all!! I can't wait!!!!! I shall be getting both of course - the EE and the normal one yes YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Discos
ah excellent, cheers for that info shadowy,

unfortunatly I cant comment on the dvd as I rely on my "dvd review" magazine for details/reviews and the latest issue came out 4 days ago and hasnt got any info on LOTR, next issue is on april 1st..

Discos - ..see ya then dudes

OrliNElijahsGrl
OMG i heard about that joke on some other site! I CANT WAIT TO SEE THAT! omg! that is gonna be halarious!!!!!

I sooooo cant wait for the ROTK dvd to come out to buy, and then the extended and then the huge trilogy box set!

Does anyone know if there will be bloopers on the ROTK dvd or the rotk extended???

I heard that they were gonna put bloopers on either the ROTK dvd or the ROTK extended

LOTRLUVR
I'm getting both...Extended Version and non extended and I wait long enough,lol.WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!*happy dance*

ilvorlandobloom
i am SO excited!!! but i'm gonna have to rent it since i'm only allowed to get one, & i'm getting the extended! i'm gonna rent it so many times! and go to friends houses that have it... big grin

shadow link
i reckon the design for the screen thingy looks mad from those pictures, very well set out

yes yes

Leggy_n_Merry
Yeah I think in the thread for what the front ocver looked like people were saying that! Yay I hope there is I LOVE blooper reels - esp after seeing the on on the POTC DVD laughing

muse5
Holler, five days after my birthday... hell yes!! Rock on!! i'm sooo skipping school, my ap exams will be over, lotr party at my house

naamarie
the movie is already out in hong kong.... i went there for my vacation and i bought it... the extended version isnt out yet though...

OrliNElijahsGrl
OMG! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!! *jumps up and down* definetly on the release of the ROTK dvd, i am having a huge lotr party! And then when the extended is released, ANOTHER LOTR PARTY! Then when the lotr trilogy box is released ANOTHER LOTR PARTY!

woooooo

ilvorlandobloom
yay, i wanna do that! have a lotr party! that would be fun!

OrliNElijahsGrl
On december 17th, when ROTK was released to theatres, me and my friends had a incredible LOTR party before we went to see ROTK, it was just a incredible ROTK day and night for us Ringers (i LOVE that name) we called the party the "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King Release party" it was awesome, we all dressed up, and played the soundtracks, we did role playing, we got VERY hyped up for the movie, EXTREMELY hyped up, we got on tables and was singing the green dragon song and dancing around (was tough for me considering i was dressed as arwen and had a long dress on) and chanting and just...Oh my gosh it was just amazing! It was a blast! My friend dressed up as gollum, and had the most stunning costume! She even got a plastic fish to carry around! HAHAHA

OrliNElijahsGrl
*sighs* memories! I cant wait to have another LOTR party

pip-foot
sounds fun *wishes she had some LOTR fan friends ot party with* none of my friends, well except 2 lke LOTR, and none of them are as obbssed as i am sad

the onlky LOTR parties i have are on here smile

OrliNElijahsGrl
awwww!! ILL LOTR PARTY WITH YOU! hehehe! i have a couple of friends who are as obsessed as i am, they are nuts for it! People i work with at work dont even wanna hear me talk about it, which once i get started on talking about it, i cant stop and they are all like: shut up! But there is some there who like it as much as i do

Oooo online lotr parties are fun too! I love online LOTR parties!

pip-foot
yes, they are better stick out tongue i wish people around here understood me! oh well, at least i have you guys. I think on May 25th we should have a ROTK party! actually lets not wait that long, lets also have one on tuesday for my B-day :P

OrliNElijahsGrl
Ooooh YES! A ROTK PARTY!!! SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN! IM IN! Ill be dressed as arwen! HAHAHA! Ill bring hobbit cakes, homemade lembas bread, and tons of stuff! HAHAHAA!

you know at one of the onering.net lotr parties, someone made homemade lembas bread? ISNT THAT FANTASTIC?

Me and my friends are having a ROTK party whenever rotk is out to buy!

pip-foot
*wishes some more for LOTR friends8

I will dress up as a hobbit smile or maybe a ranger smile lol, cuz my friend has a ranger cape smile

Thorondor
i will come as an eagle....will be hard but will look good stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
OoOoOooooo! hehehee! im definetly having a online LOTR party at my message board as well!

pip-foot
what is your message board?

OrliNElijahsGrl
http://www.hostboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/forum/f/7543

pip-foot
cool, i may join later.

You need an avy, i just realized you dont have on! who od you want, i'll find/make you one stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
awesome, that would be fanastic if you joined, im in need of more people to join and post, its a orlando bloom/lord of the rings board

a avy? oh you mean a pic under my name?

pip-foot
yeah, you want one?

OrliNElijahsGrl
sure! I want a...hmm...a umm...hmmm...legolas one! hehe

pip-foot
ok. *leaves to find legi avy*

OrliNElijahsGrl
HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

pip-foot
ok, here they are, just pick one of them

pip-foot
another

pip-foot
another one stick out tongue

pip-foot
and another one

pip-foot
almost done

pip-foot
ok. this is the last one, if you dont like anyof them, i can get more stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
OOO OOO! OOO! LEGGY! LEGGY!! WOOO! i like the last one! I want the last one! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

pip-foot
lol. you know how to insert is?

OrliNElijahsGrl
i think so..hang on lemme try

pip-foot
k its under quick links, edit avi

OrliNElijahsGrl
yay!!! IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOO! i wonder if that animation legolas one i have works! imma gonna try!

pip-foot
ok. YAY! you have an Ani! now you are offically not a newbie stick out tongue

OrliNElijahsGrl
wooo which one you like better my legolas one or the "i have pointy ears" one?

pip-foot
I like the legolas one, just cuz it has a face stick out tongue (and i found it stick out tongue lol)

OrliNElijahsGrl
yes you found it! BLESSED! ooo but what about the cute animated legolas shooting arrow one? isnt that cute?

OrliNElijahsGrl
okay i changed back to that legolas one, THAT PIC IS SOOO CUTE!!

pip-foot
where, i dont see it?

pipschick
I have joined the hostboard smile i think its great rolling on floor laughing

OrliNElijahsGrl
YAY!!! THANKS!!! thank you so much, im in need of alot of people joining and posting! And thanks so much for the awesome comments about the board! WOO!!!

i need to put my address to my board, with my siggy

OrliNElijahsGrl
pip-foot i changed it back to that legolas pic

muse5
dude, if you live anywhere near me we can have an even bigger lotr party!!!!

OrliNElijahsGrl
woooooooooo where do you live?!

LOTR PARTY HARDY!!`

muse5
in CT, u?

OrliNElijahsGrl
WV

Leggy_n_Merry
Hey people I don't know if the subject's changed or anything lol but I just found out today I've got science modular exams on the 25th May sad!!! But that's kinda a good thing coz then I'll do my exams then I'll come home and make my mum take me to buy it!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY eek! Happy Dance

edwinian
I just ran across this..but wanted to share that they have updated the cover art to now include Best Picture and Oscar awards on it!

http://www.dvdanswers.com/images/screenshots/returnkingr1revisedartpic1.jpg=

muse5
ooh fun, does anyone know if they will have a preview for the ee, i'll be so happy if they do... my really hard exams end 2 weeks before... my mom will probably let me skip school that day, as i said before, PARTY!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.