Where is Grievous?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Grievous_90210
ok the trailer for rots was great but im a little upset they didnt show any sign of grievous i mean the new baddie should always get to be in the teaser trailer....

Nick1989
Lucus has`int got anyone to do hes voice as yet.

ctsketch
Anakin is the new baddie as far as I am concerned

Nick1989
Hes one of the new badies.

Jodo kast
Maybe they haven't filmed him yet.

Nick1989
Yeah your right. Its in Post-Production.

NoMeN
i think he is pretty late in the production line of ILM. and btw, we saw his ship wink

Count_Pipe
But I Like can only see his face in the Teaser .. Nothing More

Grievous_90210
i mean he doesnt have to talk i just want to see him in action and some finished shots and i think all of us would be happy

Jodo kast
Yeah.

Grievous_90210
im praying for a finished shot of him for the new bth or a finished mustfar sot

Count_Pipe
Only That is Good

Captain REX
Mustafar seems pretty finished to me!

SnakeEyes
what is that supposed to mean Count Pipe?

Captain REX
(He's from Chile, English ain't his first language...)

I think he meant...well...that it would be good for a new shot of him to come with BTH?

SomeGuy57
I had a dream lastnight that i saw the movie and that Grevious didnt come into the movie untill near the end and he had a very weird voice. Sort of goes along with what your saying.

Morridini
I think it could be good if they didn't show Grevious in any trailer/preview at all. Let us wait for the movie until we see him.

thejeditraitor
they cancelled grievous at the last minute and are using a turtle man instead. an insider told me.

ha! ha!
turtle! turtle!

Mist
its better that we dont see grievous until the movie. more surprises. keeps us guessing. is grievous CG?

Darth_Duffy
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Darth_Duffy
i think grevious will be 100% CG

Mist
i hope he uses all four lightsabers on obiwan. that would be the highlight of the movie for me. (well, except for the duel, battle of kashyyyk, jedi temple purge, sidious vs yoda, mace vs anakin, opening space battle, battle of utapau and every other single saber fight on screen) :P

thejeditraitor
grievous is completely cgi.

Stunrun
Sure wouldnt make sense if he wasntwink

Darth_Decimator
i totally agree with morridini and mist about not seeing grievous until the film is out that would make such a huge impact seeing him for the first time up on the big screen , i wish palpatine hadnt been in the trailer like he was too you know for the same reason , but ..... whadda ya gunna do ?

Darth_Decimator
also did anyone else hear the rumors about john rhys davies (spelling??) doing grievous' voice , i reckon hed do it well , a sort of mix between vaders mechanical sounding voice and treebeards (lord of the rings) deep booming voice , which jrd did 2 btw , that would sound pretty killer imo

Morridini
So Gimli might be Grievous? Interesting.

Darth_Decimator
i dunno he gave an interview a while back and he dropped the word grievous suspiciously when asked about his next movie ... apparantley

Darth_Decimator
i just had a look and found this at AICN c/ theforce.net

Gimli to take over for Beethoven on STAR WARS EPISODE 3: REVENGE OF THE SITH?
Hey folks, Harry here -- we've been hearing the news of Gary Oldman exiting stage left on George Lucas due to his grievances regarding George's SAG violations, and due to those grevious issues, he felt unable to continue with Grevious.... But one grumpy dwarf later and all is well? We'll see...
Hey, long time reader, first time (et cetera).

Sorry to bug you with something you've probably already gotten 60 emails about, but since you haven't published it yet, I thought I should let you know.

Many residents of Brisbane, Australia (myself included) recently got the chance to meet, Sean Astin, John Rhys-Davies (Sliders, Lord of the Rings) and Penny Johnson Jerald (24, Star Trek: DS9), amongst others, at the Brisbane Supanova sci-fi convention.

I (like most people) went to meet Samwise Gangee, but the most interesting thing happened during Rhys-Davies' session. Someone asked if he would be doing any more voice work after playing Treebeard in LotR, or something along those lines. He said:

"I'm doing some next month, in fact. Let's say the working conditions are ...Grevious."

Now I'm not sure if that's an exact quote, but he certainly did drop that last word. He seemed to give a little wiggle of the eyebrows too, though it might just be my imagination. Not sure if many others picked up on it, but I heard people talking about it at university this morning. Word travels fast, I guess. And if it means what I think it means.... wow.

Gary Oldman, eat your heart out ^_^

Hope this helps,

-Alastair "HappyBob" Craig

Darth_Decimator
and this 2 from theforce.net

EP3: More on Grievous' Voice
Wed, Sep 22, 04 10:31:38 AM EST

Cynical_Dog writes in to TFN with more on the Gary Oldeman/John Rhys-Davies switch over General Grievous. The story first broke yesterday.
I can confirm that John Rhys-Davies dropped the word "Grievous" at the Brisbane sci-fi con last Sunday. Believe me, it wasn't just a throwaway comment. He put a lot of emphasis on the word, complete with a fantastic dramatic pause. "The conditions are, shall we say ...Grievous". Pure genius.
At a very rough guess, I'd say about 20-30 people would have heard the comment. How many picked up on the subtext is anyone's guess, but by the end of the day it seemed like the news had travelled all around the showgrounds. I'm surprised it took more than 3 hours to find its way online.

Anyway, I really, really hope this is true and he wasn't just messing with the fans' minds. I was kind of hoping Mark Hammil would get the gig, but the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of Gimli playing the melodramatic villain role. It's not like this would be his first appearance in a George Lucas film...

chilled monkey
I wonder if Grievous will do any of the moves he used in the cartoon? They were really cool; doing a handstand and holding his sabres with his feet, backflips, crushing his foes skulls with his feet, spinning his torso and hands like buzzsaws etc.

Telemicus
I hope Grievous is 100% invisible.
What a joke he/it is.
This films going to be jam packed full of the characters we know and love kicking **** out of each other.
WHY WHY WHY did GL need to invent another baddy? And such a pony one at that

:.Space Opera.:
ive heard rumors that christopher walkins will be doing the voice overs......." i have i fever, and the only perscription that can relieve me.....is killing you obi wan!

Red Superfly
I'd wet my pants if Mark Hamill got to do the voice. Have you heard his Joker? PURE EVIL.

he does....impressions.

Red Superfly
What? No not impressions silly person.

He actually did the voice of the Joker in the Batman Animated Series, and has been critically acclaimed as being one of the most accurate chracterisations in a voice over ever heard.

Also, on the subject of Greivous not being in the trailer - I didn't even notice he wasn't there. Do we really need him? I mean, the movie is on fire with the whole Anakin story alone.

They could have done with Grievous in Eps 1 or 2, or all three movies, but not now, there are just TOO MANY things going on.

i really dont think that hes going to be that big of a character or to the plot.

Jedi Priestess
I think it would have been most fantastic if Hamill had been given the job. Kind of a cool tie in. Oh well so it goes. I personally dont see the need for yet another bad guy myself.

he'll be significantly small soo we'll se.

Ushgarak
People go on WAYYY too much saying "Why did GL create Grievous?"

GL created ONE thing- a droid commander, to give the defeat of the Confederacy an exciting finale. He just wanted a head droid. All he gave to the Design department was "Make me a droid commander, please."

Eventually they created General Grievous- but it is marketing and the EU that has turned him into this uber-villain on a par with the Darths and so forth.

In fact, he is only an incidental villain, like Gunray. He just so happens to be rather hard, and to have been blown out of proportion by hype. Kinda like Fett, really; Grievous fills in the 'action bad guy' role that Jango did before.

cool thats what i was going for ush.

Stunrun
I personally cant wait to see him in actionwink i first heard of him when i was on the OS message boards, i hated the ideal then, but the strange thing is, even though we have yet to see him in action (except CWC) this character has grown on mewink

Red Superfly
OK fair enough.

Well in that case I kinda got the feel just right then. I never bought into the hype, I just saw him as an "incidental" as you say.

No doubt he'll become a massive icon though.

prolly like fett did.

thejeditraitor
grievous is important to the film.
he's the foreshadowing of vader.

Stunrun
Also Dooku handles the politics for the separatists, so he needed a General to command his armies = Grievous. I dont think he will be another Maul character. Ok the mystery and background part, yeh, but he plays a much more important role then Maul did IMHOwink

darktim1
Yeah he uses four lightsabers or three he ought to be awesome when he is revealed in the next trailer.

Darth Subjekt
i dont want him to be in the next trailer. i kinda want it a surprise. But yea, the only reason he is so big right now is cause of the cartoon and the fact that he weilds up to 4 lightsabers without being a jedi or sith, although i heard it was Dooku who trained him minutely in the jedi arts.

ESP07
Can someone give a description of his personal ship? I have not seen it yet.

thejeditraitor
the bottom right corner

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/thejeditraitor/revenge%20of%20the%20sith/conceptart2.jpg

amity75
Isn't that Grievous on Mustafar riding a droid/animal in the trailer, near the start?

GCG
Could This be possible the General on Mustafaar ?

Mist
yeah i wish he wasnt in the trailer either. imagine the surprise of seeing his face onscreen for the first time. but now that surprise has been taken. oh well....

but its kinda a good thing they showed him...build up the hype and all....omg, imagine the line ups for the release.....

Mist
um....doesnt greivous die before mustafar...like, a LOOOOONG time before mustafar?

i think that if they showed like a VERY brief shot of him that would be nice. just a very small shot.

GCG
the conference room could be the first scene when we see grievous ; being despatched by the seps. to coruscant.

but of course i am speculating

SomeGuy57
Hey GCG, are you really 74 years old?

grev goes to coruscant.?

Mist
yeah, why is grievious with palpatine and dooku in the conference room? shouldnt he be out controlling droids or something?

ESP07
Thanks.

GCG
above ; in space ; far away from coruscant.............WELL U KNOW DESPATCHED ON HIS MISSSION THAT IS>

but anyway i am thinking its a creature from Geonosis ; maybe Poggle The Lezzer

Darth Subjekt
i just thought of something. now i agee that gimli would be a good voice for him, but what about Jeremy Irons? the guy from Die Hard with a Vengence and the voice of Scar in, dare i say....Lion King. He has a good "evil" voice although its kinda soft spoken rather than loud and in your face. thoughts???

dude like ive said before its christopher walkins!

GCG
i wouldnt be surprised if Greivous turns out to be some race like Sebulba's

Sith Master X
I'm thinking his race will turn out to be more like a Geonosian.

Darth Subjekt
if its chris walken, then he already lost alot of fans and respect. He doesnt have a "voice" type voice. at least not to me.

Darth Subjekt
maybe he was once one of the reveared "dark jedi". and thats how he can use 4 lightsabers. But thats just a thought, i havent heard anything like that, just guessing.

Mist
all leads point to gimli!

Darth Subjekt
i know, i was just saying he would be cool too. thats all

GCG
they both have yellow eyes

Mist
so....what, can he fly?

GCG
blink ^ EH ?

Darth Subjekt
what?

lucasfilm
yeah what?

"if its chris walken, then he already lost alot of fans and respect. He doesnt have a "voice" type voice. at least not to me."

i was bering sarcastic before blink

Darth Subjekt
yea i know....but i was just saying anyway.

GCG
now that i have read this under a different perspective i think u mean that if Greivous is Geonesian, and Geonesians can fly , u asked if the General can fly ;

i think its a bit hard that if he was Geonesian with wings to take flight with all that metal on him

CBright7831
The first shot of Grievous is on his databank.

GCG
a larger version shamelessly stolen from Indy 3

http://img79.exs.cx/img79/8476/general1.jpg

Mist
yeah thats what i meant. does he even have wings?

GCG
i havent got a clue

tlbauerle
Larger maybe...but not a higher resolution.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.