One or Two Probe Droids?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedijunky1138
In the opening scenes of ESB we see a probe droid enter the atmosphere of Hoth. It ultimately crashes down and the droid emerges. A few moments later when Luke is seen on his Taun Taun he spots another (Meteorite/Probe Droid) crash in the distance. My question is is this the same Droid that we see first or is it a second one? or does Luke just see a Meteorite?

Your thoughts?

Jerico
I think there was only one probe droid, its possible that they were showing the shots out of sequence and Luke actually saw the probe droid hit, but more likely it was simply a meteorite (as it was said to be very common)

Stealth Agent
i think there was only one they just showed it from two differenet perceptions.

Red Superfly
I'm sure it's the same one, just that we see it twice for the sake of making sure that Luke saw it.

Parjay
It was the same one. I think they were making it out that if Luke hadn't been attacked by a wampa, he would have discovered the probe droid and the rebels would have had time to escape before the Imperials showed up.

eleveninches
If they were trying to search all inhabited systems in the galaxy, then why would they have wasted 2 droids on 1 plannet????

Jedi Priestess
Indeed yes

Jerico
Also i would imagine the probe droid to have done some sort of scan then come down near any civilisation it discovered, as simply dropping a robot at random in the middle of a planet would have been rather pointless.

(just thought id share)

PVS
yes, they were showing the shots out of sequence.
its not the first time either.

notice when the ATAT blows up the main generator on hoth,
the scene cuts to han and leia walking through the tunnel, and then
what seems to be another explosion which rocks the place.
it was in fact the same explosion from two different perspectives.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.