The Generals Guards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stunrun
Ok so i thought i might make a thread for disscusion about General Grievous's Body Guards since we have threads of Anakin V Obi-Wan, Anakin V Dooku and Yoda V Palpswink

U get to see alot of these Guards in action in both Republic Commando Walkthrough video's and the ROTS game trailer. I think there gonna be a wonderful addition to all the droids we've previously seen, discuss!wink

Mist
just a quick little question: in your sig, is anakin fighting mace? i cant see properly cause its too dark....if it is mace, is anakin wielding his saber?

is there a pic of the bodyguards anywhere?

SomeGuy57
How is GL able to fit all of these fights and battles into two and a half hours?

Stunrun
Yes this is shown in the game trailer, anakin is fighting Mace, but a few people have said that the saber Anakin is holding looks purple (maybe its just the colouring of the pic)

Go to www.lucasarts.com to view walkthrough video's of Republic Commando. You get a really interesting first person perspective of what these Guards can dowink

Mist
or maybe he stole it off mace and is going to shove it down his throat....*rubs hands together in sadistic pleasure*

Mist
when does republic commando come out? it looks sweet.

Mist
so what weapons do the guards use? dont they block sabers?

Mist
are these the guards?

GCG
yeah those are the guards

Stunrun
Republic Commando comes out this February, and yes apparently its still a rumour whether these weapons deflect lightsabers, as was said on the walkthrough

Stunrun
That Wookie you see is General Tarful, but he gets his own back, and throws them down a corridor...i think confused laughing

Darth Subjekt
naw, actually it has been confirmed that they WILL block lightsabers. i have the link somewhere here, if you dont believe me, or if you just want to check it out, ill find it and give it to you.

Darth Subjekt
matter of fact, its on AOL, all kinds of makings of Ep3...its in there, theres like 6 different videos, and its in there.

Stunrun
Well i always had a feeling it was confirmed lol, but the guys on this walkthrough video said it was a rumour. shows how much they know laughing

Darth Subjekt
yea well what can you do? tools are people too....in a way... no

Stunrun
i think these Vid's must of been released before it was confirmed

darktim1
I heard george lucas say that general grievious body guards stand about 7 ft tall on the movie so I think they are going to be bigt and have only weapon that can stop a lightsaber from cutting through their weapon.

Darth Subjekt
probably...who knows with LFL and LA

Stunrun
I also stumbled across Grievous's ship in the walkthrough. So his flagship is "Invincible Hand" but he has a much smaller craft too

Darth_Decimator
for info on grievous' bodyguards staff weapons check out making ep III webdoc #5 this weapon is your life at about 3:30 into it u see george and the art department talkin about the lightsaber resistant staffs

Ushgarak
Yes, this will be an interesting point to see the nature of their sabre-blocking weapons. They definitely do do this; this solves a mystery we had a while ago when we saw Obi-Wan in rehearshal squaring off duel-wise against multiple cgi opponents. At the time the mystery was whop all these sabre opponents could be- for a while now, we have known that these are the staff-wielding droids.

Gangularis
kinda strange that they didn't make a droid army of these guys. also weird that grievious needs any sort of guards to begin with. they better suck in comparison to grievious.

chilled monkey
This sounds really cool. Perhaps Grievous's bodyguards are cyborgs like he is?

I agree about why would Grievous need bodyguards? And how do their weapons block lightsabres? Perhaps they generate an energy field similar to that of a lightsabre?

Ushgarak
May as well say it is strange not to make an army of Greivous'. Presumably they are difficult to make, unlike the easily mass producible battle droids. No need to read something odd into it like that. Like saying it is odd the Germans only built a few Tiger tanks but lots of lesser ones- not actually odd at all.

As to how they block sabres- yes interesting point,. The computer game shots seem to indicate some sort of electric energy involved.... but we'll see.

Red Superfly
Well, I'm pretty sure this scene is gonna be Obi-Wan vs Grievous henchmen that we are on about. This pic is OOOOLD, but it serves its purpose, this is gonna rock.

Stunrun
First saw that on "Back in Black" but it still rocks till this dayrock

p.s - if anyone can edit that video with lightsabers and guards, then that would seriously rockrock

Darth Subjekt
Greivious is part man, part machine. (sound fimiliar?) he was actually constucted at the same facility that we will see Vader being re-born at. Afetr GG is injured in the beginning, he goes to this lab to get fixed. So in a sense there can only be one GG.

As far as him having guards, he is in a sense, a commodity. He can kill Jedi seemingly easy, so why not protect him anyways. Everything/one has a weakness, and the guards are there to ensure that noone exposes that weakness.

Sith Master X
Yet, this is another fight to look forward to in the movie. Man, ROTS is going to be so action packed. I'm really looking forward to this one in general because for the first time, we'll see a lightsaber fight where the opponents weapon of defense is not a saber.

Darth Subjekt
yea i know, its gonna be crazy. They said on some show or webdoc or something, that it will be 60 - 70% fighting. Do you have an idea of how cool that will be? i also think that GL will pull it off so it doesnt look like the action sequences is whats carrying the movie. But i think anyone thats even herd of star wars knows this is the one that everyone has wanted to see from the first time they've see Vader. This is whats its all about!

Stunrun
Ok lets look at all the highlightsbig grin

*Huge Space Battle over Coruscant
*Anakin V Dooku
*Anakin V Windu
*Anakin's slaughter at the Jedi Temple
*Anakin V Obi-Wan - Longest duel in movie history-supposedly(12 min)
*Obi-Wan V Grievous
* Obi-Wan V Guards
*Anakin V Cin Dralic(sp?) - i dunno if this is a rumour or not (watch ROTS game trailer, it looks like himwink
*Yoda V Palps -plus we see Yoda eliminating Royal Guards
*Big Wookie Battle!!!

sorry i just wanna compile everything, and just take it all in one big breathrock

Darth Subjekt
cant wait, may is too far away

GCG
and
*Windu V Red Guards with force pikes

Mist
and the battle on utapau.
and wasnt there supposedly 3 worlds, 1 where jedi win, 2 where jedi lose?

:.Space Opera.:
-TRUE

Darth Subjekt
we shall see....let us hope this will fulfill all of our Star Wars needs and expectations.

otherwise im droppin bombs on LFL...j/k

Mist
i reckon this movie will blow our minds and exceed everything weve been expecting

i think so to. i just dont want to get my hopes up

tlbauerle
http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/generalgrievous/img/movie_bg.jpg

Check that out!!
How is that for a first good look.

ctsketch
holy shit, thats not fan art

Darth Subjekt
was it supposed to be?

tlbauerle
No...no its not.

tlbauerle
the mighty General and his Guards on the bridge of his ship over Coruscant.

SomeGuy57
tlbauerle, you are so full of crap. that came from starwars.com, i just saw that picture. That picture goes along with the summary about General Grevious.

ctsketch
how is he fukll of crap? did he ever claim it wasn't from star wars.com?

tlbauerle
And I'm full of crap how???

Take this rifle

Sith Master X
I don't know how GL is going to fit all of this stuff into a 2 and a half hour movie.

Darth Subjekt
cause he said it was fan art.....thats how. what, are you all up in his thong?

GCG
uuuhhhh........whatwherehowwho

tlbauerle
Dude...when did I say it was fan art. FU.

The conversation went...

Holy Poo...that's not fan art

Then me...

No...no its not.

MEANING OF COURSE ITS NOT FRICKIN' FAN ART.

travisbb69
Good on ya tlbaerie

laughing

Darth Subjekt
well i cant find where i saw that, but from what i saw i thought you said "its fan art". If i was wrong then, sorry.

travis....when i want your opinion...ill give it to you.

j/k...dont cry.....again....j/k

tpaquin
You forgot yoda versus Dracula and Anakin versus Mechagodzilla.

and YODA FARTING.

tlbauerle
Yeah, if you think Josh Griffin is king of the internet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.