Potions class

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FoamyFan
alright...first i would like to explain what this is.....
This thread is for a little thing i like to call Potions Class..I will be giving you all homework....and there are things you will have to answer here...like if i ask you to tell me what i would get if i added mandrake roots to fluxweed....you would answer with the answer you think is correct...if you have any questions ask me here..and i would also like for you to call me professor F...alright...lets begin

Can any of you tell me what the ingredients are for the
Draught Of The Living Death potion?

el-pirate
lol laughing i don't know that, but i do have a question!
what i would get if i added mandrake roots to fluxweed?? angel

FoamyFan
couldn't tell you that.....it might be a question later on

Peeves-04
hey professor this class sucks

FoamyFan
if you don't like it...don't come in it

Telperaca
zzz
zzz
zzz
zzz

:: jerks awake ::

THE ANSWER IS 43

FoamyFan
*takes out wand* ACCIO! *a book flys across the room and hits telperaca in the head*

CoolWizard
LOL

RoguePw25
Everyone's reminded of "No Member Bashing"

Thanks

CoolWizard
Professor F, when will we learn how to mix potions that will bewilder the senses?

FoamyFan
quite soon...have you a favorite potion you would like to do an essay on?

CoolWizard
Hmm I am not sure, my mind just went blank, and I can't remember any by name. *note to self: study boy study*

FoamyFan
alright....i will be giving out essays now
plz note that the last question is still open

ok...each of you will be given a different essay

Cool wizard? i want you to do a essay on voldemort,it doesn't have to be his life story...just a few good details...and so on

Telperaca? i want you to do a essay on lily potter

el-pirate? i want you to do an essay on albus dumbledore

Peeves? i want you to do a essay on the bloody baron

CoolWizard
Yes, Professor. I shall begin working on it at once.

FoamyFan
thank you coolwizard...you will prolly be one of my students that is always on time...good luck

Telperaca
Ouch!

I was awake!!

FoamyFan
lol! pay attention

el-pirate
*tubles over with chair (was leaning back to chat with peeves) by the mention of an essay*

type

el-pirate

FoamyFan
have you completed your essay?

CoolWizard
My Essay

Lord Voldermort: An Analysis by CoolWizard

The Dark Lord, whose name itself invokes fear in the wizard community, was born Tom Riddle, and attended Hogwarts School of Wtchcraft and Wizadry a full fifty years or so before Harry Potter did.
Even as a student nearing graduation at the fmed school, Tom was already obsessed with the pureblood mentality promoted by Slytherian House.
Only he took it even further, and, as the true Heir to Slytherian himself, began a systematic elmination of those wizards and witches who stood in his way from the extermination of halfbloods and muggles, believing himself to be superior to them, despite his own apparent muggle upbringing.
His reign of terror commenced and he found followers, disciples who shared his views, which he named Death Eaters. These included Lucious Malfoy and Severus Snape.
Other servants were Peter Pettigrew, also known as Wormtail, who was intstrumental in leading the Dark Lord, to the Potters, who posed the greatest threat to his dark plans.
James and Lillian Potter were the last to be murdered by Voldermort, and he also tried to destroy their infant son, Harry, but failed.
This failure would cost him greatly and his destiny would forever be combined with that of Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived......

CoolWizard

Peeves-04
"peeves makes el-pirates wand rise over to him and makes it point at FoamyFan and shouts Expelliarmus!

Peeves-04
The Bloody Baron is a grim, silent, terrifying fellow who is covered with bloodstains. He is never heard to speak, although Harry does impersonate him once, using a hoarse whisper (SS16). No one is quite sure about the source of the bloodstains , and no one dares ask. Peeves, who respects the Baron for some unknown reason, calls him "Your Bloodiness" and "Mr. Baron."

Peeves-04
Peeves is a poltergeist and is considered to be one of the Hogwarts ghosts. The other ghosts, however, do not consider him to be a proper ghost (SS7). Peeves is a little man wearing loud, outlandish clothes including a bell-covered hat and an orange bow tie. He is solid-looking, not pearly white and transparent like other ghosts. He has wicked, dark eyes (SS7) Peeves swoops around the corridors and in the classrooms of the castle causing mischief and trouble wherever he can.
Peeves can become invisible (SS7) and will throw things at people (walking sticks (SS7); water balloons (GF12)). He makes rude noises and tumbles over in the air and peers through his spread legs. His voice is an evil cackle (SS7). Peeves particularly enjoys pestering Filch. The Bloody Baron is the only one who can control Peeves, although he does show some grudging respect for Dumbledore (PA

Peeves-04
theres one of me big grin

CoolWizard
Well done, Peeves! Most impressive, mate.

el-pirate
Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore is widely considered to be the greatest wizard of the current age. Dumbledore is currently the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. He is famous for defeating the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for discovering the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and for his work on alchemy with his friend Nicolas Flamel.

Dumbledore is Chief Warlock of the Wizengamot and Chairman of the International Confederation of Wizards

Dumbledore was offered the post of Minister of Magic c.1990 but turned it down, so Fudge took that position. For the first few years after this, Fudge sent daily owls to Dumbledore asking his advice.

Dumbledore is the one wizard whom Voldemort fears. His presence at Hogwarts made the school a safe haven during the 1970s; Voldemort never tried to take the school. Dumbledore worked tirelessly to defeat Voldemort during those terrible years, forming a group called The Order of the Phoenix who battled the Death Eaters. Now that Voldemort has risen again, Dumbledore has recalled the Order to fight the Dark Lord.

By el big grin

FoamyFan
Well done both of you!

as i am giving points for essays...

coolwizard:10 points
peeves:10 points

well done both of you

el-pirate
hey!!! (in a am-here-as-well way) miffed

FoamyFan
oh sorry...did not see yours

10 points to you

el-pirate
yay!! big grin
(can you actually give real house points blink ??)

FoamyFan
i am working with that..but i am pretty sure i can

el-pirate
really?? you asked rogue? big grin then i really have ten housepoints!!

CoolWizard
Thank you, Professor, for your kind comments.

FoamyFan
alright...this isn't a essay..only i want each of you to answer the questions i have for you

coolwizard:i want you to at least tell me two of the ingredients that go into the polyjuice potion

El-Pirate:give me a small description about thw wartcap powder

peeves:tell me what a wolfsbane potion is used for

GOOD LUCK

FoamyFan
no problem cool...

CoolWizard
lacewing flies, knotgrass?

FoamyFan
CORRECT! very well done!

coolwizard:15 points

CoolWizard
*rubs hands together* Excellent!

el-pirate
wartcap powder: Substance which causes the skin of a person who touches it to form a thick hard crust

big grin

Peeves-04
Wolfsbane Potion:

Effects: While this potion can't cure lycanthropy, it does prevent the extremely dangerous dementia which accompanies the transformation from human into werewolf.

tigress
cool idea hun but does Rogue or tassie know your awarding points hun theyll need to know to update the house points hun

CoolWizard
She is taking care of it already. You do not need to worry..... Now if you don't mind, please shut the door on your way out. We are trying to study in here.

luvdanradcliff
do we actually get homework proffessor

CoolWizard
I hope so!

el-pirate
ok, next question! smart
*looks around*
not a lot off people in this class.....erm

Peeves-04
peeves leans ova and gives el-pirate a kiss

FoamyFan
yes i know El....but soon..hopefully we'll have more.

ok...next question

coolwizard:give me good essay on the book 'HogWarts A History'

El-Pirate:give me a short essay on the dark arts

Peeves:give me a full essay on Voldemort and The Death Eaters

luvdanradcliff:give me some details on the elixir of life potion

good luck to all of you,remember...don't try to be exsactly correct...just try your best.

Peeves-04
The Death Eaters are those wizards who followed Voldemort. There seems to be a fairly small number of them, although the ones that apparate to Voldemort's side when the Dark Mark on their arms summons them may be the inner circle of his strongest supporters only. Some of the Death Eaters have children at Hogwarts.

Peeves-04
The dark wizard known as "Lord Voldemort" was born in 1927 in Little Hangleton. His mother, a witch, and, according to Voldemort, a descendent of Salazar Slytherin, had fallen in love with Tom Riddle, a Muggle. Tom Riddle lived in a fine-looking manor that stood on a hill overlooking the village of Little Hangleton. The manor house was one of the largest and grandest buildings for miles around. When Voldemort's mother told her husband that she was a witch, he abandoned her, returning to his parents' home. As Lord Voldemort told the story, his father "didn't like magic". Voldemort's mother died just after giving birth to him, living just long enough to name him Tom Riddle, after his father and Marvolo, after his grandfather. He was raised in a Muggle orphanage.

FoamyFan
very very good peeves! thumb up

16 points to Peeves

A4E
How can I join?

FoamyFan
looks like you just did

alright..your first essay A4E:give me a few details on the boggarts

A4E
OK will do so, how much do i have??

FoamyFan
what do you mean?....to write on the essay??? just like maybe...3 sentences

A4E
Boggart
A shape shifter that prefers to live in the dark.
Taking form of the most feared thing by the person
it encounters.
Nobody knows what a natural Boggart looks like.
A boggart appears to feed of the scareness of
the one who encounters one.
Many muggles kids have encountered boggarts a
the monster under the bed.

Is that good?

FoamyFan
that is very good....

alright your points now are:

CoolWizard:17
El-Pirate:15
Peeves:17
A4E:10

CoolWizard
Hogwarts, A History chronicles the early years of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizadry, and explains the roles the four founders of the school had in teaching their students.
Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rawena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin built the castle that would house the school far from the eyes of the persecuting muggles, who at the time, were very paranoid of those with magical abilities.
Hogwarts, A Hisytory also details the fallout Salazar Slytherin had with the other three founders, (notably Godric Gryffindor) over who to admit to the school for instruction in the magical arts.
He wanted a more selective process in determining who would be admitted, and Godric Gryffindor opposed him.
According to Hogwarts, A History, this led to Salazar leaving the school, after building a secret chamber that one of his descendants would find, and use the dark powers within, to systematically elminate those who were not, as he called it, purebloods.
Hogwarts, A History is a must read for any and all serious students of Hogwarts history.

FoamyFan
Way To Go Cool!!!!!!!!

el-pirate:15
peeves:17
A4E:10

A4E
Anything else I can do profesor? i am urged to get more points smart

people u can hate me now, am really messy I like punk, but i always have 2 b the first of the class no expression

CoolWizard
Thank you, Professor F big grin

FoamyFan
For that,you must study hard

alright everyone...we are going to be MAKING potions now

so make sure you know what you are putting in there...

*gives everyone:cauldren,long sticks (to stir with),towels (things could get messy),and as a treat for each student..notebooks to take notes in..and fresh ink*

*now sets on each table ingredients:Fluxweed
Horn of a Bicorn
Knoxgrass
Lacewing flies
Leeches
Skin of a Boomslang
Caterpillar
Daisy Roots
Leech Juice
Rat Spleen
Shrivelfig
Asphodel
Wormwood
Scarab Beetles
Ginger Roots
Armadillo Bile
Aconite
Belladonna
Bicorn Horns
Black Beatle Eyes
Blood
Boomslang
Gillyweed
Hair
Horned Slugs
Lionfish
Monkshood
Nettles
Porcupine Quills
Snarled Claw
Strings of Fangs
Spiders
Unicorn Horns*

*smiles at everyone*

ok... mix ingredients i have given you and make the potion i asign you.

CoolWizard: polyjuice potion
El-Pirate: PepperCup Potion
Peeves:exploding fluid
iluvdanradcliff:wolfsbane potion
A4E:elixir of life

A4E
But, wait, in the Books they never metion how to prepare potions, so shall we juist invent it??

FoamyFan
if you look up some of them....then it sould be no prob

CoolWizard
*Happily begins working on the polyjuice potion*

A4E
but all I know so far is that it's Derrived from the philosophal stone...
so could it b sumthin' like this:

Ingridients:

-Philosopher Stone Powder 10 grams
-root of aphsodel 30 grams
-1/2 liters of water
-essence of hellebore 1/2 liters

Directions

1. Boil the water
2. Add the root of Aphsodel, carefuly and slowly
Stir for about 5 min.
3. Add the half of the essence of hellebore
do not stir, let it to mix alone for 3 mins and then stir it ureself
4. Add all at once the powder of Philosophal stone
and quickly v
5. Add the other half of hellebore essence

would sumthin like that workl??

Peeves-04
ingredients: include Erumpent fluid

FoamyFan
yes..that works well

A4E
Ingridients:

-Philosopher Stone Powder 10 grams
-root of aphsodel 30 grams
-1/2 liters of water
-essence of hellebore 1/2 liters

Directions

1. Boil the water
2. Add the root of Aphsodel, carefuly and slowly
Stir for about 5 min.
3. Add the half of the essence of hellebore
do not stir, let it to mix alone for 3 mins and then stir it ureself
4. Add all at once the powder of Philosophal stone
and quickly v
5. Add the other half of hellebore essence

OK then...am done

FoamyFan
good very good..now..lets wait for the rest of the class to finish they're projects then i will give out points and we will continue

el-pirate
*skips this class, way to busy studying. i'll be back tomorrow prof F wink
kisses peeves

CoolWizard
I am finished, Professor!

FoamyFan
ok...good! very good..i must say..i am very proud of you all

CoolWizard
Thank you, Professor, it is all due to you being such a great instructor.

FoamyFan
aww...shush...i am not! *blushes* maybe cool...you could asist me to the moonlight dance?

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Professor F!! *in evil mood* Bwah Bwah Bwah evillaugh Is there anything I can do?? shifty

CoolWizard
I would be honored, Professor.

~Freak-N-Crazy~
shock Student Teacher relationships!!!! Hmmm! shifty

CoolWizard
Not at all! I am merely assisting as any decent pupil would.

~Freak-N-Crazy~
laughing I was joking

CoolWizard
Oh I know that! Now, let us get back to our studying before Professor F comes in and catches us talking eh?

~Freak-N-Crazy~
*nods*
Yup reading

CoolWizard
*resumes studying*

~Freak-N-Crazy~
reading reading reading

*is reading comic books*

Peeves-04
*takes out wand and points to comic Wingardium Leviosa*

FoamyFan
too late guys..i already caught you! now..i didn't say you couldn't talk.....you can talk when you don't have essays or if you have finished them...as for today? I am dreadfully sick...but i swear tomorrow i will be on smile and as a treat? you'll all get 10 points from me for today!

coolwizard:28
el-pirate:20
peeves:28
iluvdanradcliff:20
A4E:25
~freak-N-crazy~:10

CoolWizard
Thank you, Professor F! And on behalf of my classmates, we hope you get better soon! big grin

JessieSparrow
*cough cough* maybe since Im stupid and cant write essays I could help out in other ways like assistant teacher and gets points for Hufflepuff *cough cough* I need a cough drop

el-pirate
*cough*teacherspet*cough*
(after apparating back into clasroom)
angel
ok, what's the assignment again?? confused

el-pirate

CoolWizard
Is there a reason you quoted yourself? wink

FoamyFan
the reason he is getting points is because he actually studys and deosn't mock the class every chance he gets....

el-pirate: -5 points
jessie? hmm..i don't believe you've done an essay...for punsishment...next essay you do...you willnot get any points

now..if i were you i would act better before you lose more points wink

CoolWizard
*resumes work*

Peeves-04
im a great student

lilsis
hello! can i be enrolled? i want learn more about the potions!

FoamyFan
sure!

here is an essay for you

coolwizard:levitation
el-pirate:sleeping potions
peeves:history of hogwarts founders
jessie:couldrens (not that you'll get any points for it...but you still have to do it)
~freak-N-crazy~:broomsticks
lilsis:srinking potion

ALL NEW STUDENTS NOTE THAT YOU CAN LOOK THIS STUFF UP!

FoamyFan
if we did have a relationship..i can assure you it would not affect anyones grades!

FoamyFan
and for your information...we just so happen to be boyfriend and girlfriend

Peeves-04
"Hogwarts was founded over a thousand years ago - the precise date is uncertain - by the four greatest witches and wizards of the age. The four school houses are named after them: Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw and Salazar Slytherin. They built the castle together, far from prying Muggle eyes, for it was an age when magic was feared by common people, and witches and wizards suffered much persecution.

For a few years, the founders worked in harmony together, seeking out youngsters who showed signs of magic and bringing them to the castle to be educated. But then disagreements sprang up between them. A rift began to grow between Slytherin and the others. Slytherin wished to be more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all-magic families. He disliked taking students of Muggle parentage, believing them to be untrustworthy. After a while there was a serious argument on the subject between Slytherin and Gryffindor, and Slytherin left the school."

Telperaca
How interesting.

big grin

FoamyFan
yes...i agree..WELL DONE!

el-pirate
angel

Sleeping Draft/Draught/Potion

Effect: causes the drinker to fall into a deep sleep

Hermione filled two chocolate cakes with Sleeping Draught, and Harry and Ron used them to knock out Crabbe and Goyle
a Sleeping Potion is a purple potion which Harry drank after his ordeal with Voldemort in the Third Task. He didn't drink it all, so he was still awake when Dumbledore was arguing with Fudge
The dragons for the First Task were given Sleeping Drafts to knock them out for transport to Hogwarts

ingredients: asphodel in an infusion of wormwood

FoamyFan
very good (even for one who seems to be so nosey :madsmile

el-pirate
nosey... me? angel

FoamyFan
yes..you assumed me and coolwizard have feeling for each other..we do...but that is none of your concern

lilsis
YAY!! im a new student!---so we cant get real house points for doing the assignments? (or is that just directed to jessie?)---anyway here's my essay (sry its so short, im not even sure if its exactly correct or not seeing as how i look anything up cuz i dont actually own any HP books i just borrow them from library):

a srinking potion shrinks its consumer down to size.

erm *not even sure thats correct*

CoolWizard
I will work on my assignment tonight, Professor F!!

el-pirate
erm.. i didn't say anything about the student teacher relation thing.... i just said *cough*teacherspet*cough* angel wink

CoolWizard
It's cool as far as I am concerned, I can't help it if I am an excellent pupil.
BTW nice siggie.

el-pirate
lol, you do get good points that way big grin
tanx!

CoolWizard
Well I try.....lol

Phoenix
we had classes about six months ago. They didn't work out and this is first and foremost a discussion area, not an rp. closing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.