old skool toy lightsabers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gangularis
anybody but me, remember these babies?

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-toys/misc/theforcesaber.html

http://www.toysrgus.com/images-store/rotj-saber-display.jpg

mephistodesigns
yeah, the new ones kick their arses! but they were fun back in the day...

Jerico
Gasp, yellow, Georgey would have something to say about that

waynerobsonuk
damn I remember having great fun as a kid with a mate with those. So much so I bought one of the new one's a while back, on the excuse it was a gift for my other halfs birthday. Luckily she's very understanding :P

Wayne

PVS
see, this is what i mean.

little kids today are f**king spoiled.
they have cool toys, cool cartoons, video games, everything is kickass.
and we had shit like this. a crap sabre with a gigantic handle that my 8 year old hands could barely grasp, figures which SUCKED...yeah you heard me they SUCKED. everything was made so cheap and cheezy.

sure, we had star wars, and a BETTER star wars than whats been added and 'improved'...but the merchandise sucked.

mephistodesigns
definetly!

Gangularis
actually i liked those old sabers better than the new ones. those ones made a sound through the holes in the tops when you whipped them around.. *no batteries required*

i got a green one for i think either my 5th or 6th year suprise birthday party at mcdonalds, and i thought it was the greatest thing ever... total love at first sight. Green will always be my favorite saber color.

Gangularis
also, i don't know if it's just sentiment or what, but i like the old action figures and playsets so much more.

Gangularis
don't you remember the yellow saber in return of the jedi?? yeah.. it was in there.

wink

waynerobsonuk
trouble with those sabres were they broke far to easily laughing out loud I do remember a few of my mates about 10 years ago at a all night party accidently trashing someones light fittings and breaking the son of the person whose house it was nose with one of those old ones....
laughing laughing laughing laughing

Wayne..

waynerobsonuk
addition: I have to confess the light fitting was me embarrasment the rest was my mate rob....... He's now an accountant laughing out loud wonder if his work mates know *evil thought*

Wayne...

mephistodesigns
the new action figures actually look like who they're supposed to be, have far more detailed weapons, and far more articulation. There's really no comparisson at all.

Gangularis
the new ones weren't there while i was groing up. the rancor and the ewok village and millenium falcon and the chewie utility belt that held action figures can't be compared to.

you can't argue logically about this one. it's about heart.

roundisfunny
(head explodes)

mephistodesigns
The vehicles now a days are the same molds from back in the day. Only now, they have better electronics and paint jobs. But they're the same other than that. And you're right, I can't argue logically with someone who actually likes sub-par toys. stick out tongue

waynerobsonuk
wshen you come right down to it, it's about childhood memories etc and logical doesn't come into that. It's about heart and soul. I still remember teh 1st time I held a star wars figure {C3PO if anyone is interested). Logically I should be thinking how badly they were made, how stiff they were etc.... But I'm not I remember how over the moon I was to have one.

Wayne..

mephistodesigns
that's what Gangularis already said, its not about logic. I was making a joke. I did have fun with my old figures, only now, when I display the figures on book shelves and on my desk, I prefer more detailed renditions that remind me of the films, not the early 80's. wink

waynerobsonuk
sha e is that I never kept my figures, or the original coimics or my models, all thrown out by my mother long ago once I turned into an adult . Damn I wish I still had the comics or the graphic annuals I had or eps 4-6 they were amazing considering how early on they were.

Wayne...

waynerobsonuk
BTW this was about 17 years ago!

wayne...

28Dave37
Um Jerico GL wouldnt gasp at yellow, it is a saber color. Plo Koon, Yun, Yaddle, Micah Jiiett, Pic, Gorc, Darsha Assant, Callista Ming, Rodann, Quil Dren Fal, and when Luke took up running the jedi order one of the training sabers "Dual 5" is a double bladed yellow lightsaber.

TheAnimal
the old school sabers. man i remeber having 2 of these. my brother and i would fight all the time with these.

Rage420
Brings back old memories, wish I had those FX sabers that are out today back then!

Rage420
One thing that was really stupid on their part back then was that they made a yellow lightsaber instead of a blue. That was really retarded, it wouldn't have been that dumb if they would have went ahead and made a blue one first and then made a yellow but they didn't.

stunna1773
my dad and my uncles had them when they were kids i had the episode 1 sabres

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.