Metallica

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
Who's a fan of these?

Anyone ever seen them live?

Fav song? Album? Lyric?

Discuss.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
I like their older, stuff, but after the M:I2 soundtrack song, i think they haven't done anything beyond what other contemporary metal bands have done. Then there was St. Anger which was a total piece of crap.

My parents saw them live in the 80s...

Favorite song/album: Master of Puppets

loserib
i love their old shit but i refuse to see them live for two reasons
1.100 dollers to se one band is a bit much
2.i would hate to hear james sing my favorite song the way he sings now
album master of puppets
song master of puppets

Alpha Centauri
I saw them live in December. Same old Metallica, in an excellent way.

I think St.Anger has a few great songs but then again I wasn't expecting another Master Of Puppets.

I think Load is a great, underrated album. Reload is a bit sucky but has some great songs.

My favourite Metallica album is likely Master Of Puppets or S&M.

Song: Master Of Puppets. Aint My ***** is a fav at the moment.

Lyric: I will have to think. James is quite a good lyricist.

-AC

finti
I liked them I thought the black album was amazing although I remember well when Kill Them All Came Out, they were kind of refreshing like an US alternative to the UK, Aussie, German bands that "ruled" the heavy scene at that time, except they were faster.So we gave ejm a thumb up for exciting newcomer, Ride the Lightning underlined that feeling. I bought a copy of Master OF Puppets while I still lived in Arkansas and that album blew me away. Fun to play that music load in the car ,windows rolled down turning a lot of heads in CW county.
big grin evil face My fav song is Welcome Home (Sanitarium) and yeah Hetfield have some good lyrics.
Kind of lost them after the Black album though, they gotten to big and too commercialized for me

ElectricBugaloo
St Anger was about par for the course at the time it came out--which wasn't that good when you look at what par was. That Metallica could go so far downhill is almost like watching the Rolling Stones' demise; they had classic albums, but just hung in too long past their prime.

They tried to do the stripped down White Stripes sound (which I heard is what they were going for), but they didn't have the blues background that the WS were coming from (albeit the WS have done it badly). Metallica's type of music doesn't go well with the lo-fi apporach.

Alpha Centauri
Agreed. I heard they were just trying to recreate the Ride The Lightning sound. I mean, I think Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning are great but I don't think it was really till Master Of Puppets that they started hitting their full potential. I think as time went on and James ditched his alcoholism, he kinda lost a bit of his spirit. I'm glad he's clean and all but it seems that he wrote his best stuff when he had problems, coz he had stuff to write about if you know what I mean.

Like M.O.P being about addiction to some extent. Then Frantic (which I do like alot) being about how the way you live can be the way you end up dying. So I think that the one thing that made them awesome and gave them inspiration is gone so they will never be AS good. Then again, that same inspiration would have split the band up if they carried on the way James was going. So I'm not sure that I would have liked that really. Who knows, maybe their next album will be better. I'm willing to put St.Anger down to rusty-ness if their next album is excellent.

-AC

room #99
i loved thier first 5 albums. but in 1995 they put out load which was okay but it sounded more rock then metal and after that reload which i was listenable too but when st anger came out i was shocked the album was so hyped that i bought a copy and i regret it.

i prefer megadeth on metallica..megadeths new album "the system has faild" is comming out soon..i downloaded it its AMAZING like all all of thier albums!

ElectricBugaloo
I don't have much faith in the next album being 'excellent'. And it must truly be excellent for Metallica to come back to their elite status. Like you said, they are by no means the same people that made their first albums.

What do they have to be angry about now? What are they rebelling against? Instead they are only going through the motions and making songs that 'sound hard' instead of FEELING hard. It's one of the problems with a metal band having widespread success for an extended period of time; you lose touch with your base (kind of like hip hop artists who rap about life on the streets; after five years of "Big Pimpin'" they are no longer the same person living on the streets.

lil bitchiness
I've seen them live last year at a festival. It was an experience, they are quite good live.

I like earlier stuff by Metallica, St. Anger wasnt Metallica's best...no

loserib
hells yeah megadeth over metallica any day

room #99
hell yeah!!!

Punkyhermy
i have heard two of their old songs...
and i love them...
: sad but true and the unforgiven.
these two are awsom!

bardock
hate them wit passion

Alpha Centauri
"What do they have to be angry about now? What are they rebelling against? Instead they are only going through the motions and making songs that 'sound hard' instead of FEELING hard. It's one of the problems with a metal band having widespread success for an extended period of time; you lose touch with your base (kind of like hip hop artists who rap about life on the streets; after five years of "Big Pimpin'" they are no longer the same person living on the streets."

I agree. Then again, I don't think they should be written off because of St.Anger. I think their next album will be their last if it's not that good. I mean they had Kill Em All and Ride The Lightning which were very good but by no means amazing or astounding. Then Master of Puppets which is hailed by many as the greatest Metal/Thrash Metal album of all time. Then And Justice For All, which has some great songs but again, by no means amazing. The Black Album was very very very good. Then Load was a great, refreshing change which would have been better as a double album with Reload but never mind. Reload was listenable and then S&M which was amazing. Of course St.Anger was pretty poor other than the few good songs, I think it was like And Justice For All in comparison.

My point being, given their track record, it's not an UNBELIEVABLE stretch to say their next album could be amazing. It's just a bit more unlikely with the lack of certain motivations that drove them back in the day.

-AC

Tptmanno1
I wouldn't put it past them To come up with another great record.
Just because the're clean doesnt mean they've lost the edge. They could find other stuff to write about

Spitback
god there is so many topics about them

dean7879
metallica rule!!

Alpha Centauri
I just don't think people should be telling Metallica to give it up when Kiss are still out there.

Hands up, who would rather have Metallica playing shows and who would rather have Kiss?

-AC

SlipknoT
They WERE good

finti
true, but still they get pathetic like other great bands that are stilll around. I have no problem that they make music(good ol bands) but in the case of Deep Purple they should do so with a different band name.
Maybe it is time for Metallica to call it a day, they can still pursue their musical careerer though, maybe in adifferent musical experience with other musicians.
is both an option

TheMuffinMan
Metallica is awesome, my favorate song is St. Anger and i wanna see them live someday

Alpha Centauri
"true, but still they get pathetic like other great bands that are stilll around. I have no problem that they make music(good ol bands) but in the case of Deep Purple they should do so with a different band name.
Maybe it is time for Metallica to call it a day, they can still pursue their musical careerer though, maybe in adifferent musical experience with other musicians."

In comparison with what's out there and their past reputation, I wouldn't call St.Anger pathetic. Another album worse or as good will be time to call it a day though I think. Unless they can actually continue making very good music. Consistantly.

-AC

amity75
I'd give them one more chance at another album. If it sucks then they should become like The Who and just tour playing their back catalogue and not risk recording or releasing any fresh material.

finti
St Anger is to me a swan song

PRO-PAIN
I love everything Metallica did from And Justice For All down....When they came out with the black album is when I lost interest in them..

Besides Lars is one of the biggest whiny mouth idiots in the music industry..

Aini
I've seen em twice live...although I never was a big fan of them. they have a few songs I like..nothing more.

finti
yeah indeed whiny Dane

SlipknoT
thats ok we all have our problems stick out tongue

dean7879
metallica will never be at there best but if they still enjoy reating music then i have no problem with that

Alpha Centauri
I mean you can always tell when a band is nearing its last legs because the band members claim they are the most comfortable they've ever been. The new album will make or break their future.

-AC

dean7879
whats your favourite album alpha?

jetspike
metallica sucks nuts.**** them

ElectricBugaloo
that's not saying much, Kiss wasn't that great of a band, they were the ultimate example of style over skill (at least until the 80s bands took over). And the fact that they stole their whole routine from Alice Cooper...

el_barto
Wow, you are one of those few members that when I see them post I think, "Wow, what a dumbass!"

ElectricBugaloo
one of the few? where the hell are you posting? I see them everywhere.

el_barto
Eh, I like to stay away from them.

Mortanius
I love Metallica until the Black album, then it all goes downhill from there. I just can't believe a band with such balls would sell out like they did.

SlipknoT
ditto, after the black album they just crashed and burned

Alpha Centauri
"I love Metallica until the Black album, then it all goes downhill from there. I just can't believe a band with such balls would sell out like they did."

I don't call Load and S&M downhill.

They didn't sell out if you are referring to the legendary Napster debate. You should learn what happened before believing all you hear.

-AC

finti
sure as hell whined a lot though

Alpha Centauri
Hahaha.

The fact is, they said they were all for the technology of Napster. They liked it. The problem they had was that they were not asked if their stuff could be put on there.

"We were never against the technology, we think it's great with all the wonderful things that can happen on the net. But at the end of the day I don't like getting ripped off. No one does, it wasn't about money coz we put more money into the case than we got out of it. We're the creators of this music and we were cut out of the loop. There were songs on the net that we didn't want on there yet. If they had asked us, then when we were ready we would have gave permission. I'm sick of everyone claiming we're pro-record company. We are the ones who gave birth to being anti-record company when bands were sucking of execs to get jobs."

Lars Ulrich, Metallica.

-AC

Mortanius
I'm not referring to Napster, but musically. Ride The Lightening, Master of Puppets, and Justice For All are brutal albums. Not only are they heavy, but very technical. But the masses are too simple to appreciate it and they made the choice to be more "assessable".

Alpha Centauri
"But the masses are too simple to appreciate it and they made the choice to be more "assessable".

Master Of Puppets is world renowned as possibly the greatest Thrash Metal album of all time. It wasn't an inaccesible album at all. The point is, they didn't sell out. They didn't do things they didnt want to in exchange for bigger cheques, they did it coz they wanted to. They are the ones out there making the amazing music so lay off.

-AC

SlipknoT
they stopped making amazing music in 92

Mortanius
They didn't do things they didnt want to in exchange for bigger cheques, they did it coz they wanted to. -AC

Perhaps that's why I can't stand them anymore. The don't make fantastic thrash albums- they make mediocre hard rock albums. Because they choose to.

room #99
metallica dont owe anyone anything..they did 5 of the best thrash metal albums..so they can do whatever the hell they want to do. change thier music style/change thier image..do it coz they want to or do it for bigger cheques. they are metallica a name that improoved metal to its finest

bardock
metallica is metal at its worst

SlipknoT
Cliff Burton must have been rolling in his grave when St. Anger came out

Alpha Centauri
"they stopped making amazing music in 92"

In your opinion.

"Cliff Burton must have been rolling in his grave when St. Anger came out"

They said this about S&M, when Cliff Burton was a well known fan of Classical music anyway. Never assume.

"metallica is metal at its worst"

Literally silliest claim ever. They gave the world Master Of Puppets. That alone puts them over about 90% of the Metal bands ever. Because it's regarded as one of the best Metal albums ever my millions including myself. So how they are Metal at it's worst I'll never understand. Then again, you claimed they sold out with the Napster thing so you clearly don't know them as you think you do.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
can you say spin?

Alpha Centauri
Spin.

Can you say another answer to any question regarding integrity than Spin?

With regards the Napster debate that was their position. I would make people right in dissing them if it was all about the money but the fact is it wasn't so I'm not going to. They defended themselves as any band has the right to do. I should imagine loads and loads of bands get material on the net without their permission but Metallica didn't like that and there's nothing wrong with it. If they hated it so much they'd be out now fighting Kazaa, WinMx etc. They aren't are they? No, coz they are asked for permission now and they give that permission. They day someone rips me off over something I work hard on and let it happen will be the day Hell freezes over. They had reasons, good reasons for doing what they did. I respect your musical opinion but if all you're gonna say is Spin then pointless to debate isn't it. If of course that is how you judge integrity.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
no, not spin magazine, i mean media spin.

§nakehead
Some of the Metallica fans here I have debaded with before many of them are extemely PC minded. I find that very amusing because bands like metallica are about and un PC as they get.

But anyways my favourite songs are

1# St. Anger
2# Master of Puppets

SlipknoT
thats sad

eezy45
Best band on earth

Seen em live 06-10-2004

Fav Song is Master of Puppets, so is the album. Mama Said lyrics.

stick out tongue

eezy45
Oh well, Metallica has turned worse. At least in writing, I have to say. The new songs arent very good. Most of all I miss the solos Kirk used to play so perfect... and most of all I miss the one soft song that was on each album. or at least semi-soft stick out tongue.

Amazing soft songs: One, Fade to Black, Mama Said, Nothing Else Matters of course... yeah...

In playing, they still rock the hell outta ya. I can judge, I very recently was at a concert, lol

eezy45
It is poor to hear that from a Slipknot fan, you know?

eezy45
Yes, same old Metallica. Load rocks, Reload is a bit lower, sure.
there is surely a slow demise, but still the new songs arent bad - just worse than the old ones.

eezy45
No, they still are good. But sadly they lost their best songwriter, Cliff Burton.

Come on, you have Slipknot in your sig, as aforesaid, dont even try to dis todays Metallica.

amity75
Metallica are Gods and should be treated as such. OK, some might say "Oh they've sold out blah blah blah" but history will show Metallica as the greatest metal band of all time.

SlipknoT
The greatest up until 92.

tabby999
i dont think that just because of Load, Reload and St Anger they "sold out" (good i hate the way that terms getting thrown about). some of my favourite songsa came off of those albums, and St Anger is cool in general.

Victor Von Doom
I don't quite understand why they would be regarded as selling out, when they are less commercially successful now.

Surely to sell out would have been to refuse to naturally change their direction, and instead continue along the same path for fear of upsetting the fans.

eezy45
of course, long live metallica.

eezy45
what actually do you want mate?

your idols that are in your sig have said that their idols are Metallica erm

notice something

class 1 metallica

class 2 slipknot - metallica fans

class 3 slipknot fans no expression

lol

loserib
i think metallica sold out but it has nothing to do with the new record they sold out when they were paid by the record company to cut their hair
i also think their last record was just them seeing how far they could push the fans i meen they shit out a record mand it still sold

ElectricBugaloo
no, that would be Black Sabbath.

Soldier Blue
Well it seems to be the eternal debate. Did Metallica sell out? Was old Metallica far better than New Metallica?

What people forget is thet Metallica were ans still are a fukkin awesome Heavy Metal band, who as a live act are unparralled. People say that Black Sabbath introduced us to heavy metal. Well Metallica definitley pioneered it and brought it to the masses. These guys constantly change and surprise us.

Whoever wrote that bit about Metallica cutting their hair cause their record company paid them to....wha a load of garbage. These guys have always done things their own. Can you honestly see them cutting their hair cause some bigwig at their label asked them too!!! he would have got the big, fat finger and told to stop being a prick!!

Metallica paved the way over the years for other Heavy Metal bands to really have some success and a strong fanbase. Do you think Pantera would have had a No 1 album (Far Beyond Driven) if it wasn't for Metallica?! Would bands like Slipknot, Machine Head, Tool and Korn also enjoyed the same level of success if it wasn't for Metallica....All of whom by the way site Metallica as a major influence and as their inspiration.!!

Metallica are as potent now as they were when they released Kill' Em All, and I have no doubt they will continue to do so for a good few more years yet!!!

ElectricBugaloo
if you think that MEtallica is still as good as they were in the 80s, you truly need to reevaluate your postion. If you think that St Anger was even a good album...

tabby999
for all those people who whinged and bitched about load and reload, St Anger was definatly a step in the right direction. it was showing they can still kick arse and rock out, a "look, the next album could be the one you guys have been wanting since the black album" cd if you will. i like St Anger, and i dont care who knows it

Victor Von Doom
Tool don't cite Metallica as a major influence.

loserib
well thats funny cuese when they did cut there hair they even said how much they got paid for doing it in interviews i remember watching the interview when it first happend

amity75
It's impossible to hear the name "Metallica" these days without "selling out" being mentioned in the same breath. Would someone care to enlighten me and tell me exactly when Metallica sold out?

SlipknoT
Fist off they are not my idols, steve irwin is my idol. I have them in my sig and name because I think the kick tremendouse ass. And Metallica kicked tremendouse ass from 83-92, after the Black album they stopped making goood music.

Fearnix
thats not true.

finti
to some it is

eezy45
to me it ain't.

lol

Victor Von Doom
Which means it's not true.

ElectricBugaloo
When they started putting their songs on movie soundtracks.

Victor Von Doom
Having music as the soundtrack to a movie isn't selling out per se.

eezy45
Sure, "I disappear" is one of my fav songs, so come on...

that was on M:I-2 btw.

Alpha Centauri
"i think metallica sold out but it has nothing to do with the new record they sold out when they were paid by the record company to cut their hair
i also think their last record was just them seeing how far they could push the fans i meen they shit out a record mand it still sold"

If you stopped listening to Metallica because of their hair then quite frankly I'm glad you don't like them anymore. They didn't get paid to cut their hair, it was their own choice. You honestly think if you walked up to James Hetfield and said "Cut your hair now" he'd do it? Hmm.

Are Metallica as good as they were in the days of old? No. Are they shit? No. Have they sold out? No.

The have straightened themselves out and have also changed a member. This changes alot. They're still the same musicians that gave us those great albums and great songs. I don't think St.Anger (which in my opinion had some great songs) is reason enough to write them off.

They haven't done anything they didn't want to do and that means they haven't sold out so I suggest we end that debate there.

As for the "They stopped making good music after 92" comment. I think that is very very far from the truth. Slipknot have only just put out their best work and it's thanks to Rick Rubin mainly. Metallica have kept the same producer from the Black Album onward and put out great and not so great material.

-AC

Darth Sauron
Best metallica moment

Performing at the freddie mercury tribute concert, singing stone cold crazy.

Which they released a week later.

Song stealers furious

tabby999
dont any of you people who think that load and reload think that St. Anger is a step back to their old music? cont you see them heading back to the older style? when i saw them they put "Dirty Window" and "St Anger" in their set and they blended into the set with all their old stuff, it was great.

and by saying "they have music on suoundtracks = sell out" then that means System of a Down, Rammstein, Korn, Slipknot, Rage Aginst the Machine etc etc have all also sold out. wink

Tptmanno1
Movies shoudl be required to have kickass bands be on the soundtrack!

did anyone see the 2003 MTV VMA's (Yea yea, I know MTV=crap whatever)
Metallica was at teh very end.
They kicked ass. It was great, they covered a bunch of songs, Even Teen spirit. It was great!

amity75
Well, it was for charity!

eezy45
true roll eyes (sarcastic) but well not their best moment roll eyes (sarcastic)

Soldier Blue
Hell yeah!!

Nice to hear some sensible, intelligent comments.

'Loserib' you said you saw them on tv, talking about how much they got paid for getting their haircuts??!! Do you not think it may have been tongue in cheek!!?? laughing

§nakehead
There best song is "Enter Sandman"

Deathblow
No, thats their worst song. By a distance.

Df02
its not their worst...think that falls to Hero of the day

Deathblow
oh god yeah...well if we count their most recent work then everything off St Anger could qualify.

joi
i agree with deathblow enter sandman isnt one of the best songs they have i think they have 20 better then that.... hey u guys how much do u think a signed black cd would b worth??

Deathblow
signed by all four band members?

slasherpunk18
FAV SONG: The Unforgiven

FAV ALBUM: The Black Album(of course!)

joi
yeh signed by all 4 before paul left the group my cousins husband gave it to me ages ago when they were touring in australia. its good but one song skips a bit. but its still good. i dont like them as much now as i used to but st anger is still good kinda. i like the band b4 paul left they fully rocked...i mean still do but i like the old stuff better....

MornGlory
I saw Metallica live in Wichita, KS - on Sept 2 2004 or maybe it was the Sept 1punk

my fav song that they sang at the gig was ONE!punk

Lars looks like Richard H..?? -- who was that guy from Survivor-- Richard Hatchet?? is that-- anyways he looked like some old man but he still was sooo awesome

I have a friend who drives a taxi for Wichita- and he gave Lars and 2 of the roadies or whoever a ride from downtown Starbucks to somewhere..I think it was to their hotel - at the Radisson

punk it was pretty cool

Korri
omfg They are my favouritist band in the whole world droolio Anyone who doesnt like at least one of their songs should be shot!!!!! mad

Favourite song at the moment - ***Turn the Page***

p.s Lars rocks.

Fearnix
Metallica rock
whhhoooo
YEAH
Metallica

I love RTL

Korri
ok lets make babies droolio

Deathblow
One is is like my third or fourth favorite song ever, I feckin love it.

I have their first 5 albums, but since the black album they've kinda started to suck hard sad

Alpha Centauri
I think Load was good and S&M ruled.

"Favourite song at the moment - ***Turn the Page***"

It's a cover.

-AC

Korri
and...?

Bierbommetje
To clear up that your favorite song at the moment isnt performed by Bob Seger wink

Fearnix
I would gladly make baby's with any one who like's Metallica

Df02
well theyre good, but for the record.....lars doesnt rock, at all stick out tongue
hes possibly the most annoying man in music

*Danii*
But hes a friggin great drummer tho!
I have to say I didn't like Load very much but Master of Puppets ROCKS!!!!!!! rock rock rock

Fearnix
well i have only just found my love for lars because i didnt think he was good enuff but i think he is great

*Danii*
I'm a drummer, so I have TOTAL respect for him, he totally rocks. (as a drummer)
Anybody who disagrees should listen to battery!

I'm not saying hes the greatest drummer of all time though, imo thats Keith Moon.

Fearnix
*Danii* you tell um yes

*Danii*
Totally wink

Fearnix
YAY for you eek!

*Danii*
big grin Anythin for lars. . .

Fearnix
Anythin you say wink

*Danii*
wink

So whats your fave Metallica track?

Fearnix
Fixxxer,The Unforgiven or The Unforgiven II

*Danii*
Mines the above mentioned rock BATTERY rock

Fearnix
BATTERY has one of my favorite intros ever big grin

*Danii*
Totally!!!!!!!!!
I know I've said this before, BUT THE DRUMS ON THIS TRACK KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wacko rock wacko

Fearnix
yes they do!!
rock

*Danii*
Its weird, cos I only got into metallica fairly recently (well a few months ago) when a friend lent me his CD and now I TOTALLY LOVE THEM!!!!!!

rock messed rock rock shifty rock

(Sorry about shocking over-use of smilies!) embarrasment

Alpha Centauri
"Master Of Puppets" is their best album by far. Not a weak track on that album and not to mention some of the best guitar ever.

The intro to the title track is quite simply one of the top candidates for best riff ever. James Hetfield is the best RHYTHM guitarist ever.

-AC

*Danii*
I sooooo agree, Master of Puppets was the second Metallica albun I got and it BLEW MY MIND!

Korri

'nuff said wink

Filth
Hmmm there old stuff was good (enter sandman, for whom the bell tolls and all that) but the new stuff in not as good (except st anger thats cool)

Fearnix
I Love Ride the Lightning rock
I think it is by far there best album

Korri
Thays all Roberts fault. he is no Jason Newstead fan no expression

Alpha Centauri
Despite the fact that technically Robert Trujillo is a better bassist.

Neither of them are Cliff Burton, but what can ya do? Nothing.

-AC

Korri
lol but Jason is 2 kewl 4 skewl

Deathblow
That album sucked harder than I thought possible. Seriously.

Ride The Lightning is my favorite, And Justice For All second.

mmmmoley
I wouldn't call myself a Metallica Fan, coz I don't know that much about em, but I do like their music! My older sister listens to it all the time, so I'vegrown up with it! My fave albums are The Black Album (Metallica), Load + Reload! I don't really listen to any of their new stuff now, and I'm not up to date with the new band member either! Sorry big grin

wicker_man
There a pretty decent band (but my loyalty lies to Maiden - the whole Metallica Vs Maiden scenario), although i'd place The One and Enter Sandman as two of my favourite songs to have graced this fair earth.

Korri
St. Anger.....not as good sad but there was alot of trouble during the making of that album. all the crap between James & Lars and then James going into rehab... sad

mmmmoley
what happened with lars + james?

Fearnix
Robert is ****ing amazing if anything it sounds better

amity75
"Whiplash" is my favourite song and should be the new Scottish National Anthem.

Deathblow
yep, i'd say One is the best heavy metal song ever made, along with Black Rose Immortal and Stinkfist.

Alpha Centauri
"Hooker With A Penis" is quite possibly Tool's best straight-ahead Metal track.

I think that's Tool at their simplest. Other than "Ticks and Leeches".

-AC

tabby999
lars is THE biggest idiot in music, the mans a freaking dim-wit. he cant simply answer a question, he goes into a massive speil of shit.
"so lars, how was your day?"
"well it all started when i was three you see...."

and hes not much of a technical drummer either.

but metallica rock, i just dont like lars

Korri
oh no i love wee lars laughing He is so sweet!

like yeah droolio

Alpha Centauri
Lars is quite an in-your-face person. Annoying voice but I don't know the man so I can't judge him.

For all his apparant faults, the guy is honest.

-AC

Scarpa
METALLICA ROCKS!!!!band

Korri
he is just like me!!!! laughing out loud

SlipKnot Junkie
Metallica do Rock, and Rock hard they do My frav songs consist of "One" "fixxxer" "The unforgiven II"and "MASTER OF PUPPETS"

Lars is kinda annoying but metallica wouldn't be anything without him and their newer albums weren't that bad- i mean come on, Sweet amber, St anger, Shoot me again, and Frantic tic tic tic toc :P

ragesRemorse
ST. Anger is one of the shitties albums i have ever heard. Everything about this album is the somplete opposite of what Metallica used to be. I always liked and loved me some Metallica, but St. Anger just proves that metallica has nothing more to offer to anyone. There is not one good thing about that album

SlipKnot Junkie
U are just generally negative, it wasn't as bad as u though u are just a dinosaur, and considering the album was made straight after all their problems..... it really wasn't that bad

MornGlory
Give me fuel Give me fire Give me that which I desire

I didnt know what to say in this thread - I just think they are awesome rock

Darth Revan187
"Whiplash" from Live Shit: Binge+Purge ownz.

MornGlory
Lars rules! He gives the band some character... or some sort of shit

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>