whats better ultimate spiderman or regular spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spider-venom
??

ScarletSpider
It depends upon which you like better. Ultimate Spider-Man is a young high school student Peter Parker in today's world. Somewhat of a nerdy mallrat still proving his mettle in the super heroing career.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man is out of regular Spidey continuity, so Millar is having anything and everything happen. The story overtones are darker, we're faced with a mid 20's married Peter and Mary Jane. So far Aunt May has been kdinapped and is sitll missing, and there's a new Venom out for his head.

Spectacular Spider-Man, mostly a Spider-Man vs. whomever title, secondary to Amazing. In this title he recently gained an enhanced spider-sense and organic webbing.

Amazing Spider-Man. A more mature mood about it than in Spectacular, but still the same Peter and occupying the same time frame more or less. Currently dealing with the whole Sins Past deal, which I find to be interesting.

eleveninches
Best spiderman is : DEAD Spiderman

Paola
moving...

radioboy121
When I first saw the costumed Spiderman with Mary Jane in the Ultimate series while browsing the comic stands, I thought it was a halloween costumed kid with his babysitter.

I prefer the regular Spiderman based on character design and context.

BlackC@t
Spectacular Spider-Man and Regular Spider-Man. I love the organics!

BlackC@t
Ultimate Spider-Man is too short and skinny.

spidespawn
todd mcfarlane spiderman is the best

mordamor22
i like ultimate spidey

hotsauce6548
I love the ultimate spider-man comics. they're my favorite out

JAE
i love the original. i grew up reading it, for me the original is still the best. ultimate spidey is not bad, just the regular is better. reading yes

Marvel-kid
Ultimate Spidey Rocks it won comic of the year in my eyes!!

mordamor22
^ i agree

#1Rupert_Lover
I'd have to go with the original. I do love the ultimate Spider-Man comics, though. but i just don't think it beats the classics.

dami wilson
Ultimate spiderman sucks like a chicken on burger king burgers and KFC! Fried and sticking in an oven. It sucks and still wanna dwell on Peter Parker as that skinny kid who will never grow up! It shows the other heros like Wolverine as big and bad! Dare devil and everybody as they are now! All adults and only him as this stupid skinny kid that'll never grow up!
#GRIOW OUT OF IT! Peter Parker has moved on and left! Who needs to be reminded how skinny and freaky he was? I got back issues for that!
The guys got married and separated! His aunt has even found out who he is and all that stuff! It should be banned!!!! Public enemy number one!

They should arrest this guy (artist ) for it!

Linkalicious
The original Spiderman is better. Though I actually like the alien symbiote on Spidey, and the new Spiderman outfit that the Scarlet Spider wore after that hooded sweatshirt type thing.

doctorstrongbad
I like them all but I think you have to give Amazing Spiderman respect since it is the original.

dami wilson
YEAH, that one's good! That stuff about Peter still as a lunny tune teenager where all the other heros are older and still have their image intact sucks like a watermelon gone rotten!

It nakes spiderman look very very weak and that's why all these gunes support wolverine think he would whoop spiderman's but like cream! Reading some stupid thread like this mag sucks and misleads people!
They should send the artist who came up with the idea to that Cuban prison!

doctorstrongbad
What cuban prison?

LLG
I liked the regular/original Spider-Man

Linkalicious
I must admit....I love the roles of the other characters in the Ultimate Spiderman series. MJ and Gwen Stacy are cool.

wuTa
ultimate isnt THAT bad.....although nothing beats ASM or marvel knights....i prefer marvel knights myself and the only reason why is i like the artwork better on knights....writing wise there the same

badsymbiote
I like USM, too--I like alot of the stuff outside Marvel continuity. I was quite fond of MKS, too until the "Venomous" arc, that is.
But I don't think that the writing is quite as good in MKS. The story's subject matter is ok, the stories are well-layed out, but the dialogue just doesn't seem quite right. It just doesn't seem as natural to me, but I am trying to give it another chance.

Linkalicious--You know you just wanted Gwen and MJ to get down, didn't ya? wink

doctorstrongbad
Yeah I'm still waiting for Peter to be a pimp and get with both of them. Like he does on the Wizrd cover with MJ and Black cat. wink

MJT127
i prefer ultimate spider-man

doctorstrongbad
They are both good.

#1Rupert_Lover
I agree.

doctorstrongbad
They are both good. I enjoy them both.

dami wilson
DATS NOT TRUE! They should arrest who ever does ultimate spiderman as if he will never grow old! We're fed up of it1

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by dami wilson
DATS NOT TRUE! They should arrest who ever does ultimate spiderman as if he will never grow old! We're fed up of it1

Um who is fed up by it? It is a different take on Spiderman to try and reach the children of today. I think its a good idea. DC has never tried to make superman or batman reinvent themselves. I think its one of the reasons why Marvel is a great company.

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah! Those are one of the many reasons why I think Marvel's better than DC. the other reasons are that Marvel superheroes are in a modern world (Unlike DC, where they put them in places like Metropolis and Gotham city). I personally find putting characters in the real world helps people relate to them, that and the daily problems that the superheroes in marvel have.

dami wilson
Marvel is a great company and I'm greatful for them and Stan Lee for creating poeple and personalities who have helped guide me and my thinking for helping my fellow human beings. At one time I wanted to be a policeman and even applied at one time for a special here in the UK. That's why it would be great to see more ethnic superheros from all around the would! Mexican, Polish, Irish and even a Jewsih one. Indian super dude would be cool and have a magic carpet! A huge Python and
some magical powers that can kick butt!

peterKSL
Nothing beats spider-instinct and agility combined, offcourse, one must have a little strength... That's the reason why I like spider-man...

I like the original spider-man...

dami wilson
IF they make spidey younger, shouldn't the other heros be younger too?
and if they are that old hen? Shouldn't they be a lot older now when he's a man and look much older?Wolverine is how old? 60 years old? COME ON NOW!
And it dont show? why, his healing power gets him to look younger?

doctorstrongbad
Yes i think Wolverine is actually closer to 75 and his mutant power helps with stay young.

#1Rupert_Lover
I think the ultimate comics are to start over for the newer readers, so they can understand the superheroes better and put them in a more recent kind of enviroment. I still like the Amazing Spider-Man comics better, though.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by #1Rupert_Lover
I think the ultimate comics are to start over for the newer readers, so they can understand the superheroes better and put them in a more recent kind of enviroment. I still like the Amazing Spider-Man comics better, though.

That is true. DC is copying marvel, again, by making a "Ultimate" version of Batman and Superman called All-star. Wow, do they ever have original ideas. See Aquaman the Namor rip off. hehe

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, really. The Superheroes who were around the longest were the only original ideas in DC, and they're not even that great anymore. Everything else they have are just ripoffs on Marvel characters. They once had a superhero team called the Doom Patrol, and it was pretty much a complete ripoff of the X-Men and some of the members in the group had the same powers as some of the fantastic four members. Luckily,it didn't last long. but still, it's insane! It's a good thing they didn't try to make a ripoff of Spider-Man. I'd be a little angry if they did.

doctorstrongbad
There is no way they could rip off spiderman, everybody in the world would riot. smile

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, really. and I'd join in on the riot.

Linkalicious
Originally posted by badsymbiote

Linkalicious--You know you just wanted Gwen and MJ to get down, didn't ya? wink

embarrasment

I wouldn't be a man if I didn't. no

doctorstrongbad
I think that we all can agree that they should get down and if the Black cat happens to stop by... Thats cool too. hehe

sky shadow
COOL
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_27379_Zf.gif

sky shadow
thats hothttp://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/user_sigs/customsig_11156_eM.gif

MJT127
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
Yes i think Wolverine is actually closer to 75 and his mutant power helps with stay young.

I think wolverine is actually closer to 100.

#1Rupert_Lover
Whoa! Wolverine's like one of the Dunedan (Which is what Aragorn is) in Lord of the Rings, who are given a longer life than normal people! staying that healthy for a long time would be amazing!

doctorstrongbad
Whoa! Wolverine's like one of the Dunedan (Which is what Aragorn is) in Lord of the Rings, who are given a longer life than normal people! staying that healthy for a long time would be amazing!

Well its his mutant ability, it is useful but not really that good in combat. thats why gave him and sabertooth the claws. hehe

dami wilson
they should just start a new life on spidey! get a good job or strike a millionaire lottery!

doctorstrongbad
they should just start a new life on spidey! get a good job or strike a millionaire lottery! \

Well he is working with the new avengers now.

dami wilson
THATS COOL. Dr ock is a moron! Spread the word around.

Ock
THATS COOL. Dr ock is a moron! Spread the word around.

Aha!

Gotcha.

Reporting this to a moderator.

dami wilson
Well you started it mi boyo! Wanna go to court over it? iF YOU CAN CALL ME THAT, WHY CANT WE CALL YOU?

Please report it so we can sit you down and give you something to calm you down. You're obviously hyperactive and going pyscho or something to attack me like that! Man, smoke some weed and fly! Fly fly away to quantamobay in Cuba (did I spell that wrong? Sue me!) smokin' smokin' smokin' sick smokin' smokin' stick out tongue Happy Dance

Ock
You deserved it.

You're a spammer.And several others have complained about you too.

You're done 'mi boyo'

dami wilson
the one where all those guys from afghanistan are put in. High maximum prison where even a rat can get out! I mean, the writer is discrediting spidey like ....... Forever the teenager with brawny this and that!

doctorstrongbad
Okay so back to the thread, which spiderman do you think is better? I'll go with classic regular spiderman.

dami wilson
the one where spidey is older and married and looks more musclar. He has developed into a man with muscles and isn't skinny like a tooth pick!

doctorstrongbad
the one where spidey is older and married and looks more musclar. He has developed into a man with muscles and isn't skinny like a tooth pick!

Thats Amazing spiderman, okay cool. So we have 2 votes for classic spidey. Anybody want to vote for the younger spiderman?

dami wilson
I dont think everybody does. Maybe kids but the movie showed him getting muscles after getting biten so if the comics are now copying stuff from the films (like everybody finding out who he is) they should change the fact that he was skinny n puny like Hulk calls him.

PPWannabe
actually GUYS! most of the spidey film is lifted from the Ultimate Series. Even down to Spiderman's origins! Ultimate spiderman is my favourite just because the writing is so strong. I always seem to be making the same point but YOU NEED TO FEEL FOR THE CHARACTERS! Its not enough to have some big explosion every issue - Its cool. but it's not enough. Peter being in high school helps us to relate to him more and i lets him have some hope in his life when things go wrong. MKS is so dark at times its hard to read. Peter Parker is my fav marvel character of all time and i know his story is tragic but I dont wanna feel like his life is crap all the time. At least putting him in high school means that things mite pick up for him in future. Being a crappy high school teacher is a shame for someone who majored in Bio-Chemistry (or whatever he got)
Big up Brian Micheal Bendis for writing ultimate spidey
He's a diamond geezer in my eyes.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by PPWannabe
actually GUYS! most of the spidey film is lifted from the Ultimate Series. Even down to Spiderman's origins! Ultimate spiderman is my favourite just because the writing is so strong. I always seem to be making the same point but YOU NEED TO FEEL FOR THE CHARACTERS! Its not enough to have some big explosion every issue - Its cool. but it's not enough. Peter being in high school helps us to relate to him more and i lets him have some hope in his life when things go wrong. MKS is so dark at times its hard to read. Peter Parker is my fav marvel character of all time and i know his story is tragic but I dont wanna feel like his life is crap all the time. At least putting him in high school means that things mite pick up for him in future. Being a crappy high school teacher is a shame for someone who majored in Bio-Chemistry (or whatever he got)
Big up Brian Micheal Bendis for writing ultimate spidey
He's a diamond geezer in my eyes.

You make a good argument for Ultimate Spiderman. I do like some of the changes that they made but others seemed kinda odd, like Kraven just being a normal guy. I hope they bring him back with some kinda power or improved abilities.

PPWannabe
Kraven does get weird powers in 'Ultimate Six' which is The ultimates/spiderman cross over. He splices his genes with some animals. It also the last time we've seen norman osborn (we learnt he could control his mutation to become the green goblin when he wanted!) That series was sweet - Fight on the white house lawn in the end - Supoirb!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by PPWannabe
Kraven does get weird powers in 'Ultimate Six' which is The ultimates/spiderman cross over. He splices his genes with some animals. It also the last time we've seen norman osborn (we learnt he could control his mutation to become the green goblin when he wanted!) That series was sweet - Fight on the white house lawn in the end - Supoirb!

They finally grave Kraven some powers awesome. That sounds like a good comic I will have to check it out. I always wanted Kraven to be able to summon and control animals. I thought that would be cool for the world's greatest hunter. smile

dami wilson
KRAVEN WOULD BE A COOL VILLAIN FOR SPIDEY. I think for the next film that is as it'd shock viewers seeing a man that could summon jungle cats to help him out in the middle of New York City!

Alion roaming about Central Park? Imagine the scene! A huge gorilla in Madison Square Garden during a boxing match or WWF wrestlemania show? Funny huh?

doctorstrongbad
I have always liked Kraven and thought many like to under rate him. Who would they gorilla fight? hehe Good work Dami. smile

#1Rupert_Lover
Yeah, Kraven is awesome. And I do think they under rate him.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah, Kraven is awesome. And I do think they under rate him.

Thanks for agreeing with me. smile

I would love to see Kraven traveling with some wolfs or something cool like that. Using his animal powers to commit crimes. smile

spidey-carnage
I need pics of carnage.

doctorstrongbad
Carnage pics are on another thread. This is about old school vs. new school spidey. Catch ya later.

splotter1
hi ive been collecting spidey since no 3 in the sixties but i have just red the ultimate books and i think there great

Spideys Sister
I collect the Ultimate Spidey. It was a little sad to see him get shot in vol.5 but so cute when MJ had to come to his rescue

doctorstrongbad
Yeah that was kinda sad but it turned out okay. Who is the next bad guy coming to Ultimate Spider man?

Spideys Sister
As much as I luv spidey I'm not so sure But they havent done anything on sandman yet right? they talk about him in vol.3 But then nothing

fatcat22
do you mean regular spiderman as in astonishing spiderman? If so, regular kicks more butt anyday!

Spideys Sister
Never mind what I said before they have sandman in a big roll in vol.9
I just got it and I had to read it twice to under stand what they were talking about

Doc Ock
At the moment USM is better than regular.

Spideys Sister
It really is

Mainstream
agreed..but USpidey is like a remix of classic spidey...how hard could it be to write old stories with an up to date twist?

Spideys Sister
Have you read them? They mixed almost everything up. They made him imediatly tell MJ who he was

Mainstream
I read U spidey all the time....but basically the characters are the same ?Flash...Bully
Harry Osborne....kid who wants his dad to respect him
Kingpin...fat guy marvels answer to Lex Luthor
Doc Ock...scientist criminal master mind with six robo arms.
Uncle Ben..dead..great power yada yada yada
Dr. Conners...one armed good guy...two armed Lizard man monster
Aunt May....Peter's "mommy"
and FYI Mayjane knew Peter was Spidey way back when in the regular marvel universe.

Spideys Sister
Doc has 4 metal arms and everyone eles: LOL laughing out loud
I haven't read ALL of the old spidey just a handfull

Mainstream
damn.....He got six arms total my bad...for are robotic. but all the other stuff I said was right.

doctorstrongbad
I like thae artwork on Ultimate spiderman but I'm not the biggest fan of the new orgin stories.

fatcat22
I'm sick of the origin stories as they do them now in astonishing spiderman at the back. But Ultimate spidey is younger in todays life style. The cat is just a modern version of Peter Parker back in his old days.

I think the cat is made for younger folks . I wish something would happen to him.

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by fatcat22
I'mI think the cat is made for younger folks . I wish something would happen to him.

What do you want to happen to him? He goes thru the same things as the original spider-man they just change some of the details.

Spideys Sister
Is there going to be an ultimate man-spider itd be funny!

doctorstrongbad
I would like to see an Ultimate Peter Porker the Spider-ham. hehe

Spideys Sister
Who wouldn't. It be the woodstock of comics! LOL laughing Ultimate Spidey won comic book of the year by Nickelodeon

Mainstream
tongue12 is that a bad thing.

Stevie
I'm starting to like the Ultimate comics alot but I still like the originals.

spencerspider
I like ultimate but original is better

spider310
Amazing

#1Rupert_Lover
I would like to see an Ultimate Peter Porker the Spider-ham. hehe

I looked in a magazine once, and there was actually what they called a Spider-Ham. it's this toy shaped like a pig with a Spider-Man costume on. it made me laugh.

DBZ MAN
at the moment i prefere ultimate spiderman. amazing spiderman has been really dull latley. i guess the atrwork is partly to blame. but in USM, the villans are reapearing and looking different and the i luv bagleys art work. also the ps2 game of ultimate spiderman is at the top of my list.

Mainstream
ultimate is better by far.

#1Rupert_Lover
I personally think nothing beats the classics. That's why I prefer the Amazing Spider-Man.

Red Superfly
Ultimate is pretty crap. I don't like the changes, mainly due to the fact some of them were changed just for the sake of changing it.

DarkCrawler
Classic.

But Ultimate is good.

Spideys Sister
I would like to see an Ultimate Peter Porker the Spider-ham. hehe A friend of mine had a shirt that had Peter Barker, Spider-Dog...LOL laughing out loud

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
A friend of mine had a shirt that had Peter Barker, Spider-Dog...LOL laughing out loud

Really? Thats awesome. I like spider-man a lot, but I think its funny when they spoof him.

Spideys Sister
Really? Thats awesome. I like spider-man a lot, but I think its funny when they spoof him. Yeah...the picture was Crappy though.

doctorstrongbad
Oh that sucks... you think they could make a decent pic.

#1Rupert_Lover
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
A friend of mine had a shirt that had Peter Barker, Spider-Dog...LOL laughing out loud

I actually saw a guy at disneyworld wearing a shirt like that. it made me laugh.

Mr Parker
Amazing spiderman is easily the best.The early on storys from the 60's,70's and 80's ruled..spectacular spiderman would be second.Ultimate sucks big time.

Sparkz
I would have to say that Amazing is the best. Don't get me wrong ultimate is good, but they are evolving Peter Parker too fast, like Gwen dieing, and having him going into stupid depressions all the time, with Amazing they did this gradualy while also improving his fighting skills and improving on his personality going from seriouse responsible guy, to fun loving super hero, Ultimate went backwards, started off with fun loving guy, to depressed and mopey guy. The worst thing I found out of ultimate was, that in the Kingpin arc, Peter was learning how his powers worked, getting better at using them, using a scientific brain to fix problems, and being tactical in fights, like pissing off Kingpin, or covering electro in water. Then after that his fighting improvments just stopped dead and everything went on to his socail life, sure I like seeing Petes socail life evolving, but 1)not so fast that every1 dies around him and he gets so depressed its annoying, and 2) he dosen't get better as spider-man. As I said in Amazing they graduly did all this over years of writing, Bendis tried cramming it all into a couple o years. That and look what he did to carnage.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.