Wonder Woman Against Green Lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
http://img54.exs.cx/img54/2999/wongre.gif

Arsenal
Anyone?

AJ4LIFE
ww, shes like a woman supes

Arsenal
bump

Fanboy
To bad she can not do this.

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glc29tn5if.jpg

http://img219.imageshack.us/my.php?image=glc36tk9vh.jpg

killphil
That's a tough one. I'm assuming from the pic this is Kyle, right? GL has more raw energy powers but is still susceptible to regular human frailties, while WW is gonna take an awful lot to knock her out. If GL keeps his distance he owns it, but it won't take more than one punch from WW to knock GL out and she's gonna keep coming. I'd say WW takes it 6/10.

Blair Wind
no expression

Kyle kills her. He can take any punch she has (Im assuming this is without ALL her weapons....just the bracelet and lasso) and can do about 1 million different things to win

killphil
I don't think he can take any punch from WW. With his power shields and such, yes, but Kyle himself has no enhanced durability. Unless this is Ion were talking about.

rotiart
Green Lantern would lose, Ion would win...

However as the fight is Green Lantern vs Wonder woman... and not Ion... I say the edge goes to WW.

killphil
But if this were Hal, though, I'd give him the edge-6 or 7/10.

Validus
laughing out loud

WW is no match for Green Lantern.

killphil
I don't think she's all that outclassed here. She is one of the most powerful heros in the DCU. It would be a heck of a fight, though.

batdude123
Wow, Kyle rapes her (figuratively speaking).

Validus
Originally posted by killphil
I don't think she's all that outclassed here. She is one of the most powerful heros in the DCU. It would be a heck of a fight, though.
I'm not disagreeing. WW is underrated by most on this site but she's screwed here.

For anyone thinking a non shielded Lantern can't take a hit...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v58/Desaad/Hal%20Jordan/Action633-04.jpg

Think again.

killphil
Trust me. I know how powerful GL's are. Being new here, I find it surprising that WW is under-rated. Why is this?

Validus
Trust me. I know how powerful GL's are. Being new here, I find it surprising that WW is under-rated. Why is this?
Because she's a woman.

killphil
Figures roll eyes (sarcastic) That pic you posted, I've never actually read the issue, but from the page it does look like he might have a shield around him. Though it could be from Alan's ring too. Not really sure from the pic, though.

Blair Wind
Doesnt matter, Kyle can have personal shields around him at all times....how do you think they survive in space? The ring kicks her butt. Trust me. If ultraman and Power Ring couldnt get out of one of his shields (and ultraman was pounding away for hours) then neither can she. He could amp his physical abilities. He can take this close combat, or long range. Either way he wins erm

Validus
Figures roll eyes (sarcastic) That pic you posted, I've never actually read the issue, but from the page it does look like he might have a shield around him. Though it could be from Alan's ring too. Not really sure from the pic, though.
That was just the standard personal shield GL's have on at all times and Hal was barely phased there. He recovered on the next page. Much as I love WW, she isn't putting anyone through a planet with sheer strength like Malvolio did there.

Like BW said, Kyle can do everything she can and a million other things.

nvrbeenwthagirl
5/10 either way. She is very skilled and knows what is he gonna be able to do to her. He's got more versatility.

Validus
How the hell is WW splitting 5/10 with GL?

You guys realize this is Rayner and not no name GL from Sector 1254?

Accel
Originally posted by Validus
She ain't.

nvrbeenwthagirl

You guys realize this is Rayner and not no name GL from Sector 1254?

Every green lantern has some trouble with people who have vast super human speed and Alpha level strength. Adding into the fact the she can probably withstand many of his attacks and block the more devasting ones gives her a split. The spectre said she was one of the mighties beings in the universe. That is saying something. Her skills added, give her a half win against this gl. lessor skilled gl's would lose. and kyle knows how powerful diana is. He was even awed by her. His will wouldn't even let him curb stomp her.

batdude123
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Every green lantern has some trouble with people who have vast super human speed and Alpha level strength. Adding into the fact the she can probably withstand many of his attacks and block the more devasting ones gives her a split. The spectre said she was one of the mighties beings in the universe. That is saying something. Her skills added, give her a half win against this gl. lessor skilled gl's would lose. and kyle knows how powerful diana is. He was even awed by her. His will wouldn't even let him curb stomp her.

Considering IF Superman's lucky, he'd take 3-4 outa 10 against Kyle, Diana is NOT splitting. MAYBE 1/10.

Validus
Every green lantern has some trouble with people who have vast super human speed and Alpha level strength.
No. Superman is usually the only one to give them a decent fight and thats merely because he's Superman and even he's been one shotted by GL before. It was only last month that Hal punched off half of Cyborg Superman's face. Fact is Kyle can dominate her at her own game.

Adding into the fact the she can probably withstand many of his attacks and block the more devasting ones gives her a split.
Shenanigans. How is she going to block being teleported into a black hole, a simple maneuver for Kyle to perform? Let's hope for Diana's sake she can keep those bracelets crossed for all eternity. sad

The spectre said she was one of the mighties beings in the universe. That is saying something.
And Kyle has PROVED he's one of the mightiest heroes in the universe. That's really saying something.

Her skills added, give her a half win against this gl.
Her skills are useless. Kyle dictates what kind of fight this will be because of his abilities. He never has to physically touch her if he doesn't want to.

nvrbeenwthagirl
So then Kyle can beat Thor as easily? Cuz THor's hammer can absorb the blast just like Diana's impervious force shields. It's a pretty even battle. Of course wonder woman is the most hated female hero on these here boards, so i'm sure no one would give her that benefit of the doubt.

Blair Wind
Val gives her PLENTY of respect....Id take his word any day on what she can and cant do erm

In my opinion no Superman lite character should take him no expression

And thor is a HELL of alot more versitile with his hammer erm

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Val gives her PLENTY of respect....Id take his word any day on what she can and cant do erm

In my opinion no Superman lite character should take him no expression

And thor is a HELL of alot more versitile with his hammer erm

She's not superman light. NOt when she is just as strong and nearly as fast and a better fighter. With a completely different kind of background and origin. Superman lite is an awefully ugly and totally mismatched term here. Besides, her connection to the God's give her the same versatility that thor has. It doesn't matter. I can see kyle winning. And I can see her winning.

pr1983
So then Kyle can beat Thor as easily? Cuz THor's hammer can absorb the blast just like Diana's impervious force shields. It's a pretty even battle. Of course wonder woman is the most hated female hero on these here boards, so i'm sure no one would give her that benefit of the doubt.

Are you kidding? Impervious force shields?

and thanks to a guy called draco anyone on this board with a bit of sense who would underrate diana doesnt anymore...

Validus
First off, WW is one of my favorite characters. Top 10. Let's not play the hate card here.

Second, Kyle doesn't need to blast her for the win. The only thing Diana can do is play defense and outside any trickery with the Lasso, she can't beat him.

batdude123
She's not superman light. NOt when she is just as strong and nearly as fast and a better fighter. With a completely different kind of background and origin. Superman lite is an awefully ugly and totally mismatched term here. Besides, her connection to the God's give her the same versatility that thor has. It doesn't matter. I can see kyle winning. And I can see her winning.

That is just so wrong. sad

Accel
WW's far from the most hated female superhero, especially on these boards. It's just that she's out of her league here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
First off, WW is one of my favorite characters. Top 10. Let's not play the hate card here.

Second, Kyle doesn't need to blast her for the win. The only thing Diana can do is play defense and outside any trickery with the Lasso, she can't beat him.

Has any Gl ever been knocked out while in thier shields? have they been pummeled by high tier beings? If so, then Diana can pull some wins. she is not just a super powered brawler. She is one of the most trained and skilled super powered warrior.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Accel
WW's far from the most hated female superhero, especially on these boards. It's just that she's out of her league here.

Like I said, it depends on the knowlege of each of the combatants. Diana is like a girl batman/superman in one. She is not going to just battle kyle on some rush in type stuff. her tacticle mind and training will have her figuring away to pull some wins. She is magically protected from matter manipulation and being turned into energy or something like that, so she is safe on that front. I see her using her head in this battle and getting some wins.

Blair Wind

A) Superman lite can go all the way to being just .00001 in terms of strength and power under him. Dont think Im saying shes not powerful
B) Gods are not in this fight. You always say that about her, but it says WonderWoman, not WW and gods giving her a boost in powers
C) Better fighter doesnt help when your thrown into a black hole......it really doesnt help much.
D) Kyle wins. no expression

Validus
Has any Gl ever been knocked out while in thier shields? have they been pummeled by high tier beings? If so, then Diana can pull some wins. she is not just a super powered brawler. She is one of the most trained and skilled super powered warrior.
You know we use top showings on this forum? If the only way Diana can get a win is by relying on showings of PIS/CIS, that shows how outmatched she is.

Lantern's top showings have hime getting punched through a planet with no shields and not being damaged at all. Can WW hit that hard? No? Ok. Let's not even bring Kyle's top shields into this. On the other hand, Kyle can hit a hell of a lot harder than she can.

pr1983
Diana is like a girl batman/superman in one.

in the words of kitty pryde... "yeahbutwhat?"

batdude123
You know we use top showings on this forum? If the only way Diana can get a win is by relying on showings of PIS/CIS, that shows how outmatched she is.

Lantern's top showings have hime getting punched through a planet with no shields and not being damaged at all. Can WW hit that hard? No? Ok. Let's not even bring Kyle's top shields into this. On the other hand, Kyle can hit a hell of a lot harder than she can.

Could he possibly... WILL himself to have better skills than her? whistle

Tron

Tell me you're not comparing Wonder Woman's bracelets to one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel U.

Anyway, I have to co-sign with Validus. No doubt, Wonder Woman is one of DC's best. But, realistically, she shouldn't be a match for any Green Lantern, let alone Kyle, who's one of the best.

Originally posted by batdude123

With a ring that can do just about anything, and his vast imagination, he doesn't have to.

Avalonofthewind
No. Superman is usually the only one to give them a decent fight and thats merely because he's Superman and even he's been one shotted by GL before. It was only last month that Hal punched off half of Cyborg Superman's face. Fact is Kyle can dominate her at her own game.

Shenanigans. How is she going to block being teleported into a black hole, a simple maneuver for Kyle to perform? Let's hope for Diana's sake she can keep those bracelets crossed for all eternity. sad

And Kyle has PROVED he's one of the mightiest heroes in the universe. That's really saying something.

Her skills are useless. Kyle dictates what kind of fight this will be because of his abilities. He never has to physically touch her if he doesn't want to.

Hal had a good month... both Cyborg GL and Ion's clone in the same month and he lived.

Either one would have owned Diana.

Validus
Originally posted by pr1983
in the words of kitty pryde... "yeahbutwhat?"
laughing out loud

When we're talking about a guy who's created Speed Force avatars and a guy who re-wrote his genetic code to have telekinesis, I'm not about to put much past him.

nvrbeenwthagirl

And exactly how hard can Diana hit? Do we know? You sure you know how hard she can hit? What kind of force does it take to break superman's ribs? What kind of strength does it take to fight a doomsday clone stronger than the original. What kind of punches do superman and captain marvel have? cuz superman has stated they they punch the same. I'm thinking she does have the power to punch someone thru a planet. But like I said, She can get some wins.

batdude123
When we're talking about a guy who's created Speed Force avatars and a guy who re-wrote his genetic code to have telekinesis, I'm not about to put much past him.

thumb up

Validus
And exactly how hard can Diana hit? Do we know? You sure you know how hard she can hit? What kind of force does it take to break superman's ribs? What kind of strength does it take to fight a doomsday clone stronger than the original. What kind of punches do superman and captain marvel have? cuz superman has stated they they punch the same. I'm thinking she does have the power to punch someone thru a planet. But like I said, She can get some wins.
I'm going to take a guess and say can't hit harder than Ultraman, Amazo, Parallax and other top level beings Kyle has utterly embarrassed.

And for the record, the last time I saw somone put through a planet like that was when Validus made Mon-El his whore.

Accel
It'll take more than the ability to punch someone through a planet to give her a chance here.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Tron
Tell me you're not comparing Wonder Woman's bracelets to one of the most powerful weapons in the Marvel U.

Anyway, I have to co-sign with Validus. No doubt, Wonder Woman is one of DC's best. But, realistically, she shouldn't be a match for any Green Lantern, let alone Kyle, who's one of the best.

With a ring that can do just about anything, and his vast imagination, he doesn't have to.

THe shielding properties of WW"s bracelets are as good or better than thor's hammer. The shields of aegis withstood an attack from the entire pantheon of the greek God's. But for you to take what I said about the shielding properties of the aegis and then constu that into me making a comparison to the hammer of thor doesn't make sense to me. I dont see where I did that. maybe you can show me where I compared them in the way that your saying.

batdude123
I'm going to take a guess and say can't hit harder than Ultraman, Amazo, Parallax and other top level beings Kyle has utterly embarrassed.

Yeah but even YOU'VE admitted the fight with Parallax was major PIS. erm

Validus
Yeah but even YOU'VE admitted the fight with Parallax was major PIS. erm
Fine, erase Parallax from the list. Changes nothing. stick out tongue

nvrbeenwthagirl

And for the record, the last time I saw somone put through a planet like that was when Validus made Mon-El his whore.

Amazo doen't combine strengths. He uses strength from one person at a time. He can't combine superman's speed with flashes speed. His powers in the books don't combine like they did in jlu. And parallax didn't have super strength. But no matter how you guys argu, you can't ever convince me that he would have a walk in the park with WOnder Woman. I say 50/50.

batdude123
Fine, erase Parallax from the list. Changes nothing. stick out tongue

laughing out loud thumb up

Validus
Amazo doen't combine strengths. He uses strength from one person at a time. He can't combine superman's speed with flashes speed. His powers in the books don't combine like they did in jlu.
He doesn't have to combine strength to be stronger than WW. All it takes is one League member, that being Superman.

And parallax didn't have super strength.
The guy who punched Superman square in the jaw and layed him out flat didn't have super strength?

batdude123
The guy who punched Superman square in the jaw and layed him out flat didn't have super strength?

Ahem, the fight with Parallax.... PIS. no expression Remember? whistle laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
I"m going to let you guys argu with urselves. See how fun it is to agu the same point against each other :P. IMO WW is skilled enough, and has enough power, to get wins against gl. at thier best showings, they would be stalemated. HIm with his universe containing shields, and her with her universe making power granting godwave punches. at thier regular showings, she wins. at his full potential, he wins. he makes an army of daxamites to attack her. He better hope that she doesn't use those nifty sandles and dimension hops past all his contructs and shields right next to him and lobs his had off with the sword of hephestius. It is with in the wrealm for both to get wins. That is all I"m saying and I'm done. The Lucifer,LT thread seems to be of some interest to me.

Validus
I like how it went from WW Vs GL to WW with the Godwave, Gauntlets, Sandals, and Sword Vs GL. laughing out loud

nvrbeenwthagirl
I like how it went from WW Vs GL to WW with the Godwave, Gauntlets, Sandals, and Sword Vs GL. laughing out loud

Well someone mentioned his best showings to hers. Any way this is all speculation. Let's see how wonder woman does in her own book, and in the new jla now that thier universe has been restructed.

nvrbeenwthagirl

Better yet, take his weapon from him, and take hers from her. WHo wins ?:P

pr1983

the ring is standard equipment, without it he isnt even a gl...

Validus
Green Lantern without his weapon doesn't have a reason to exist. Wonder Woman is still Wonder Woman without multiple external power ups she rarely makes use of.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Green Lantern without his weapon doesn't have a reason to exist. Wonder Woman is still Wonder Woman without multiple external power ups she rarely makes use of.

They are still hers to use. Or are we forgetting her divinical connection that is hers to use any time she wants. the only reason she doesn't, is cuz she is such a damn fool to want to fight fairly and win. Batman even made note of this and used it against her. Well Rahs all Gul did but same thing. She has over the years literally shown to be able to pull all kinds of powers from her connection to the gods. Super healing factor, able to draw on the earth for ALL of it's strength, and other stuff. i'm goign to get food now. You all win. Gl curb stomps ww. Tho I dont 'know why The jla would have members who could curb stomp each other.

Tron
THe shielding properties of WW"s bracelets are as good or better than thor's hammer. The shields of aegis withstood an attack from the entire pantheon of the greek God's. But for you to take what I said about the shielding properties of the aegis and then constu that into me making a comparison to the hammer of thor doesn't make sense to me. I dont see where I did that. maybe you can show me where I compared them in the way that your saying.

Thor's hammer is more than just an object used for blocking powerful attacks and blasts. It can also absorb blast and change into something else if Thor chooses. That's why it doesn't make sense to compare the to, and whhy it makes little sense to even mention Thor.

MattDay
parallax fought the god aweful mullet superman, he jobbed to a lot of guys before he got his old haircut back and started whooping ass again

Blair Wind
he should go and job again.....he wins to damn much erm

batdude123

Mullet Superman was an embarrasment.

Accel
You mean others should stop jobbing when they're around him.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Accel
You mean others should stop jobbing when they're around him.

yes

batdude123
What do you expect from Rao incarnated? shifty

Blair Wind
Why are you stealing my lines confused

But seriously speaking.....I wouldnt be surprised if they come out and say that one day erm

batdude123
Why are you stealing my lines confused

But seriously speaking.....I wouldnt be surprised if they come out and say that one day erm

Well, we DO know that he is a DIRECT descendant of Rao. erm

Grimm22
If Kyle is wearing that ugly ass rookie costume then he gets his ass handed to him stick out tongue laughing

If he is wearing the updated one he wins shifty

Tassadar
Any GL should take a minimum of 7/10 against Wonder Woman.

OneDumbG0
Bump.

shifty

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Bump.

shifty I love Wonder Woman day too.

Val-E-Doosh
Wonder Woman via speedblitz

fangirl101
LMAO. TEE HEE. Hooooooo Ha ha ha ha ha. ZOMG. ZOMG. OMG. Tee Hee. hooooooo that's rich.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.