Who played the Best Batman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mmmmoley
Who played the best Batman out of the 4 films...

Batman ---> Michael Keaton
Batman Returns ---> Michael Keaton
Batman Forever ---> Val Kilmer
Batman + Robin ---> George Clooney

I think Michael Keaton was the best, but that's probably coz I didn't really like 'Batman + Robin' and Keaton played Batman more than anyone else, plus 'Batman Returns' is my favourite Batman film out of the 4!

CoolWizard
Hmm as I dislike Keaton and the earlier films, I went for Kilmer in Batman Forever. It was a great film, he was a good Batman and Bruce Wayne, and it had Robin in it.

Mr Zero
Its all been asked before and the answer is

Kevin Conroy
Adam West
Clark Bartram

All the rest are equally shitty.

CoolWizard
Clark Bartram?

Mr Zero
Batman: Dead End

CoolWizard
Ah I see. I also did not know we were including the great Kevin Conroy in this list, or I would have listed him as a personal favorite, as well. Mask of the Phantasm and Batman:The Animated Series are among my all-time favorite series and movies. (I am collecting the old tapes etc)

Mr Parker
Believe me this has been discussed many times before.of the 4 batman movies Kilmer was easily the best because not only did he at least resemble to role of Bruce wayne which keaton and Clooney did not,his acting was impressive as well,so het got my vote.but Kevin Conroy is by the best ever when you include him in there.

CoolWizard
Kevin Conroy is the best of all, I dare say. I do wonder, though, what he actually looks like, and how our views might change if he played the role of Batman in a live action production, like his counterparts?

Val Kilmer is the best of the live action Batmans, no doubt of that.

Joker1237
not again, I was sure Keaton won the last poll, And he win this one too lol.

CoolWizard
Hmm at the moment, it seems Kilmer is on top.

Joker1237
it will take time, I supose, but Keaton won the LAST poll of this thing.

Mr Parker
of course he did but thats only because people like keaton better as an actor than Kilmer,they cant get get past that bias to see he was such a horrible choice for the role because of how pysically wrong he was for the part though and how all he did was copy the performance of Chris reeve from superman.Kilmers portrayle was much closer to how bruce wayne is that Keatons is but like I said,because people cant get past the bias of not liking Kilmer as a person,they always vote keaton since he is a more likeable person in real life.

CoolWizard
Whether or not Keaton won in the last poll is irrelevant to this poll. It could go either way, you know.
I am sorry to differ so much, but the fact remains the first two Batman movies with Michael Keaton were too dark yet they were promoted in such a way that kids flocked to the theaters to see them.
Batman Returns was THE single worst film to come out that year IMHO. It was waay too dark and the use of the grotesque Penguin was overkill, and scared the heck out of me.
Batman Forever at least brought some much needed humor back into the character.
Its a shame the series went down the drain afterwards, but the fact remains Val Kilmer is not such a bad Batman/Bruce Wayne, while Keaton is not a great Batman either.

Samurai Guy
Unfortunately, I feel Kilmer did the best. If he was a little more 'dark and mysterious,' and did not have his lisp, he would make a perfect Batman.

CoolWizard
Unfortunately? I think it is great that someone besides me and Mr Parker think he did the best job. He remains my favorite-barring seeing Christian Bal next year, of course-live action Batman of all time. Seeing the movie in theaters helped cement him in my mind.

Sileas
ok, i've been keeping an eye on this board and the batman topics just for fun in the last couple of days, and when i saw this poll and the direction it is going, i promptly registered on the spot so i could come in and whup you people and drag all of you, kicking and screaming, back into reality. Val Kilmer? the best batman? you've gotta be kidding me. he is universally hated, along with George Clooney (though i agree with another thread in here, it wasn't his fault that movie tanked). all of you need a large bolus of antipsychotic medication.

that said, i will quietly register my opinion for my FAVORITE (note not the best) batman----VK.

CConn882
Michael Keaton by far. wink

Punkyhermy
Why is it that everytime such a discussion comes up, Mr. Conroy is almost always ignored?! mad
The majority of Batfans consider him the definitive Batman.He is the first person to get Batman right.He is the only one among them who loves the job and loves Batman, genuinely!Let's admit it, the pay of an animated voice actor is minimal, the recognistion if any, even less.When all is said it done, it comes down to this: Kevin Conroy is the ultimate Batman.

I refuse to give that title, or something even to close to it to stupid, balhead, eyebrows plucked, puckerlipped,Keaton! sick

MornGlory
Michael Keaton rules!

Joker1237
Well Conroy in Real life looks nothing like Batman, or Bruce Wayne.

KEaton had the look, I dont see how Conroy would pull off a live action Batman,

In some ways I have a hard time with Hamill pulling off a live action Joker, But I can see a Yonger Hamill(Luke Skywalker) doing a great job.

Stealth Agent
what is batman dead end ive never heard of it?

Oh mr. Zero I see you put my comment in your sig evil face laughing

Gregory
Dead End is a fan movie where Batman fights a Predator. It's quite well done.

Joker1237
yep Keaton is in the lead with six votes to Val's 4

Havoc470
micheal keaton played a good batman/bruce wayne, val kilmer played a great bruce wayne and an alright batman....and from what i've seen i think christian bale looks like he'd do a good job with both

i dont think keaton should've been put up there twice

in dead end, Joker is played by Boner from growing pains laughing

SpyCspider
i think Bartram in Dead End looks too bulky to play Bats ....old too....he had the skin of like a 40 year old.

And the marital arts skills of my grandmother...

Keaton looked stunning as Bats. Formidable, angry, voice that can cut glass. As Wayne, not so much.
Kilmer was a good Wayne & Bats (I think he tried to emulate Keaton in the suit--angry face, raspy voice, etc)

SpyCspider
hahah i meant to say "martial" arts skills

Mr Parker
Rules as in about the worst casting choice ever for The role of batman because of the well made points Punky Hermy made.

vaya_the_elf
Do you like any movies that were comics?

Mr Parker
Yeah I think its great to see someone else on here who isnt afraid to go against the crowd and say that Kilmer was the best batman.Dont say unfortunately,thats great to see that you have enough courage to say that Kilmer was the best Batman.

Mr Parker
Sure I do.Just unlike most people,I am able to see that the popular ones are the really awful ones.Its usually the movies that arent big money makers that are the good comicbook films.I have always said Val Kilmer was a much better Bruce wayne/batman than keaton ever was.I liked Batman Forever much better than the first two and its the only one I think is halfway decent of the 4.If not for Chris O'donnel,whos acting was horrible in that film and was way too old for the role of Robin,I would have loved BATMAN FOREVER.Comicbook films that I think are great films are SUPERMAN 1 & 2,CONAN THE BARBARIAN,DICK TRACY,and DAREDEVIL.Those are good comicbook films that hollywood did majorly screw up on.

Sileas
i think the reason they went a bit older on robin age-wise was because they kinda wanted to stay away from any idea that...er.....someone had a thing for kids, if ya know what i mean. messed i thot he was pretty good. i didn't think it *had*to conform with the original idea in the comics where robin was a pre-teen or teenager. they departed from the comics in a number of ways in each of the movies.

----shhh, i'm considering re-watching b3 tonight as my friday night ritual! one eye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.