Wisdom teeth *shudder*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I got my wisdom teeth out last Tues...that was a whole load of fun.
I still ache from it. Tell me your stories...perhaps it'll cheer me.

yerssot
you got pain from it? hehe evil face

Julie
still, yes.....last Sun night I had intense pain in the back of my mouth...so Mon I go to the dentist,,,,get an appointment with the oral surgeon for the next day. Drive to school for my Mon night class...drive home....have mommy take me to the oral surgeon....

Then, I sat home tues and wed and ate lots of yougart and ice cream and jello

PVS
the reason you are in pain: god is punishing you for voting for bush stick out tongue laughing out loud

wink

Evy_O
haha! I had them out last year, both of them big grin I didn't hurt much, I was more bothered by the fact that I was talking funny for the first two days embarrasment

PVS
just kidding with you by the way

Jedi Priestess
Sorry to hear that Jules. Had all four of mine out in the hospital on my 21st birthday.

I hate a pizza that night! eek!

Sorry you had such a rotten experience. sad

Nazgulinthedark
i had 2 of my bottom teeth pulled out when i was in 3rd grade and i couldnt talk properly for 4 hours

yerssot
lets pull out wisdom teeth on others now eek!

mc pee pants
i got one pulled out and my jaw was swollen for abou 12-14 days.

BadKitty
I got dry socket...how does that sound? just as nasty as having it..there are no words to describe the pain I was in..nadda!.

not only that but one tooth had to be broken to get it out.the sound going through my head was nightmarish at best.

yep..I was awake sad

Myth
Well... my brother had his wisdom teeth pulled 3 years ago. When about a week and a half later, he seemed to be recovering fine when it suddenly killed him. sad

Good luck.

Myth
That means they weren't impounded. Impounded is worse, and that is why they put you to sleep. It is before they are exposed and they have to open up your gums and dig your tooth out when it is near your jaw bone. When they do that, you also swell up more.

I had 4 impounded. I had them removed and for a couple of days, I couldn't open my mouth enough to brush. On top of that, all I could eat was mushy foods so I ate KFC potatoes/gravy every meal. My brother and I went to opening night of AP: Goldmember. I felt bad for the people in front of me. I laughed so hard projecting my stankful breath upon them. smile

MildPossession
Two have grown on my bottom teeth at the back, wasn't much pain and they have just grown through the gum and now settled at the back.

Jedi Priestess
What is impounded? I thought it was impacted?

PVS
laughing out loud

impounded is when your illegally park your wisdom teeth and they get town away...which really sucks. one time i parked my wisdom teeth in front of a fire hydrant just to run into the store real quick...came back out...and they were gone...cop was standing there and handed me a summons...what a day

Jackie Malfoy
I had my wisdom teeth out and it was horrible I could not do anything that day I had a icepack on my mouth the whole day,The only thing about it was that I did not have to go to school that day.
and who can complain about watching tv and drinking liquards all day.Not me.
I am so glad that it is over now through!Thank heaven!JM Good luck.

PVS
you should lay off the liquards

Jackie Malfoy
What ever PVS!JM I don't know if my story would cheer you up but if it did not you can always pm me just to chat so you can forget about your pain.
Hope you feel better!JM Nice way to spam PVS!

Tkdgurl
I got mine out in May '03
All of them plus one. It was soooooooo painful. sad
But i'm so glad i had it done. Because my mouth was to small for the to come through and it would've hurt lika byatch if i had let them go sad

PVS
i got one coming soon.
my left top wisdom tooth had to be yaked because i had
a cavity as big as the grand canyon, and rather than get a root canal,
which held a slim chance of saving the tooth, i told them to just yank it.
i was awake through it, and it didnt hurt...but the sound has haunted me for
some time.

interesting note: your teeth are kept in place partly from the force of the opposing tooth pushing it in its socket. so, with that tooth missing the bottom tooth has been rising out for the past 2 years. i have to go soon to have it yanked, since it is obstructive.... and i am not looking forward to it sad

KingAdRock
Sorry, to hear about that Julie. I know how you feel. I was in pain for a while about a week and a day. Bearly could eat anything, only like applesauce stuff like that. I only had 3 of them, and they were all impacted...it sucked...but it's over with which is a good thing.

Clovie
blink it hurts.

Myth
You know what I meant. wink

Silver Tongue
I'm probably going to have to get mine out soon. I have two in and they're killing me.

T.M
i had 2 teeth out a few months ago didn't hurt to much i was to concerned about my top getting blood on it, bad dress sense by me i wore white didn't get no blood on it though so I'm happy

jgon371
hey guys i am having my wisdom teeth removed on tuesday...the horrible thing is that i havent seen my girl in two months, and i am going to see her on the saturday after the surgery (4 days after)...do u think i will not have chimpmunk cheeks, or bad breath?

thanks in advance

PVS
i wouldnt worry. swelling usually goes away in a day or two.

jgon371
and what about the bad breath, am i going to be able to kiss her, without her complaining about it?

jgon371
another question besides the bad breath, i am 20, and i only have problems with one wisdom teeth, and it just started 5 days ago, i can see it comming out on the back of my mouth, what are my chances of painless surgery, because i read before, that it depends on ur age, and the time they started growing...

thanks in advance

jgon371
please, some one answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Myth
It still depends though. I was swollen for about 5-6 days and have known others like that as well.

jgon - what do you look like? Typically white blonde people swell up easier and longer.

jgon371
well i am mexican, weight about 170 and 5'9". i am not dark skinned, i am light, almost white.

jgon371
hey guys...please respond...i really want to know if i will be ready for my gf...

jaime

powerfulone1987
Well, I had to get my wisdom teeth removed because they were growing at the wrong angle and pushing up against my other teeth. I took penicilin for while too, before they got taking out, to help fight infection if it occured, just to be safe, but i never got an infection. The bad thing about it was, my wisdom teeth hadn't broke the surface yet. There were a bunch of things that could go wrong and i was worried about that, i could lose feeling in my lip for ever if they messed up a nerve and it something could of gone wrong with my sinuses or nose or something, since they had to dig deep under my gums to take out my teeth. Of course i was put to sleep for this procedure. Luckily nothing bad happened, it was successful. On the ride home, I got agitated very easily by little things and i even puked. I also had chipmunk cheeks,lol. Luckily this was doing the summer and i didn't have to face everybody at school with my new look. I didn't think that the stitches would ever come out of my gums.

Shaolin Monk
I'm guessing no. But it's different for everyone...

My g/f came over 2 hours after mine were pulled (june of 2003)

She didn't mind the horrible breath, or my lack of speech...but then again, we weren't apart for 2 months like you and ur g/f

I was swollen until the 5th day

I had bad breath until the 7th day

She is still with me though :P

The percocet was extremely fun

MornGlory
I got my wisdom teeth taken out - and it I had to have only 3 of them out--

they had to cut through the skin - one of them was really infected- anyways it all took about 5-10 mins - the dentist put about 6 shots in my mouth

i threw up later that night after I tried to eat some soup. puke

jgon371
thank for the info. i am really worry about it...and they are going to pull out only 1 wisdom teeth (bottom), i guess i am disspointed to see my g/f under those conditions (bad breath, pain, and chimpmunk cheeks, etc)

jaime h.

jgon371
only two more days to see the dentist...
i am really freaking out about it...

jgon371
do you think baby food will help to get through the first days?

jgon371
i have a question:
do wisdom teeth can make other teeth with filling hurt...because i have a filling in the same side as my wisdom teeth, and i has started hurting...
thanks

Smodden
I get my Wisdom teeth out today.

As in a few short hours....fearno expression

yerssot
I can feel your pain

powerfulone1987
I would answer your question, but your english is sooooooooo chopped up, I could put it in my salad and eat it.

Julie
I'm not an expert on teeth, but grrrr...I have to go back tot he dentist tomorrow for front teeth fillings...If it doesn't hurt before I go to the dentist, it sure as heck will once I get there:-)

My attempt at answering that ques:
I wouldn't be surprised if your teeth hurt on the same side as the ones that were pulled. Basically the whole procedure throws one around mentally and physically for a week or two. I'm still having a bit of pain occasionally weeks later. It's a pain to have to rinse out alot but this too shall pass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.