Star Wars Ewoks DVD

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mist
Anyone seen or heard of this? If so, what the hell is it? (comes out Nov 23)

Mr Zero
Oh crap - I thought we would never have to see this again. Looks like george has decided to wring the last few bucks out of the franchise after all...

Give him a year and he'll release the Star Wars Holiday special on DVD also.

Those are 2 made for TV "movies" set on Endor.

Mist
(EDIT)

Mist
so theyre crap?

Mr Zero
You cant even begin to imagine how shitty they are.

Still - several streets ahead of EPI & II tho!!!

Mist
are they movie length or like a short episode?

Mr Zero
full movies. They even got cinema release here in the Uk back in the day.... and Im starting to get the SHAME for being the only person in here commenting in them....

Mist
theyve never been released before over here. this is the first ive heard of them. doesnt look very promising from the cover.

Darth_Decimator
i always enjoyed these 2 movies as a youngun we did see them at the cinema here in australia , i havent seen them in about 17 years or so and i dont remember them being that bad but i must admit that most movies that i enjoyed as a small child when viewed again now it is quite distressing to see what i once thought were great movies ars actually some of the worst crap that i have ever seen , still ill probably buy them out of nostalgia and the fact that its star wars related

Cinemaddiction
My Bea Arthur DVD collection won't be complete until that day.

I had "The Ewok Adventure" on VHS, taped from ABC, when I was a kid. A loooooot of people have been wanting these little nuggets for years. I mean, for $9.99, why not? I'm passing on the animated Droids/Ewoks, though.

yerssot
old movies... end 80's I believe... slightly better than the holiday special

Morridini
Of course it's better then the Holiday Special, can anything be worse then the Holiday special? Seriously?

yerssot
hmmm... Gigli?

Mr Zero
So far i have mentioned this release to two people, and both of them are excited at the prospect of seeing these forgotten classics again.

Needless to say i had to kill them both. Mercy.

Morridini
And what/who is Gigli?

yerssot
movie with Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck, think it scored all the Razzies

Cinemaddiction
Best price on the Ewok DVD as well as the Droids/Ewoks Animated Series DVDs is $8.99 at Circuit City, for you bargain hunters.

Mr Zero
the words "bargain" and "Ewok DVD" do not belong together under any circumstances.

Cinemaddiction
..or you can just steal it?

Reborn Again
Let's hope GL has burnt the last copy of the SW X-mas special, too. I don't want to be tortured again!

Jodo kast
I have him on tape.

Cinemaddiction
The transfer on the Ewok Double Feature is great! I'm really surprised that it could be cleaned up so well. Of course there are the typical white flecks if you look closely for them, but considering these were television movies, they are golden.

Too bad the audio is still 2 channel stereo. "Battle for Endor" could have really benefitted from a remastered soundtrack, given it was the most action oriented.

Dude Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.