Cannibal Holocaust 2 disc Especial Edition DVD?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Johnlindsey289
Or should i wait until Grindhouse's R1 Special Edition DVD comes in next year?

I need to know about the movie since i've never seen it but heard about it, how immor and sadistic is the movie? is it more revolting than Cannibal Ferox?

WindDancer
Personally I'm going to wait for the Deluxe edition coming next year:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=2728

Llalmlelho
thiers a 2 disc uncut edition on ebay,also vipco have released a 25th aniversery edition

Scarpa
Boy that movie was hard core

WindDancer
Latest update is that the website has been updated (Stupid pun...sue me)

http://www.cannibalholocaust.net/

Stay tuned for further details. They've finally found a distributor.

BackFire
Grindhouse has been set to release this film "soon" for almost 4 years, I'm done with it, there's no excuse for a film like this to come to DVD.

WindDancer
Backfire, I agree is been too long. But I'm optimistic. I really want this DVD in my collection. I hope is a limited edition released. My worries is that someone will red alert PETA and they could boycott the sales of DVD. Maybe that is why Grindhouse is taking precautions with this film dvd released.

BackFire
There are other movies that have animal cruelty that are out, such as Cannibal Ferox, in fact, grindhouse also released that DVD as well.

Not the mention the animal deaths in Holocaust have a lot more validity, both artistically and logically, then in Ferox in PETA didn't do shit when Ferox came out.

Plus, I really don't think PETA boycotting Holocaust would affect sales, most people who like this movie don't give a shit about PETA, and I'm sure almost all PETA members would hate this movie regaurdless.

In short, **** PETA.

Oh yeah, we're talking about the DVD stick out tongue

WindDancer
Indeed, and I happen to own a copy of Cannibal Ferox from Grindhouse. And quite frankly I think they did an excellent job with the transfer. Same with Fulci's The Beyond. I've only seen CH once on VHS. And it was a crappy and very high edited version. I really can't wait to see the full version of the film. So I get kind of hype when ever there is news from Grindhouse releasing.

BackFire
No doubt Grindhouse puts out quality DVD's, it's just mind boggling how it's taken them so ridiculously long to put out what's, more or less, considered the greatest and quinessential Cannibal film of all time.

I'll probably buy it, depending on the extras the DVD has, but for now I'm happy with my bootleg DVD that I got at the Comic Con last year.

Speaking of that, I dunno if you saw, but they were selling it again at this years comic con at a few vendors. Pretty good quality bootleg DVD.

Dr. Strangelove
I've heard a lot of good things about Cannibal Holocaust. Sounds like one of those movies you need to experience at least once.

Hope it gets released.

WindDancer
Just as I fear...controversy has already sprung about the DVD cover.

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4536

sucks

BackFire
Yeah, lame.

I think it must be simply the infamous name that's doing it. There's been some far worse dvd covers in the past (Cannibal Ferox, anyone?).

Oh well, I'm sure they'll figure something out, just go to the printers that printed the Ferox cover and art.

WindDancer
Check this out! CH will be hitting the big screen in selected theaters before the DVD release:

http://www.fangoria.com/news_article.php?id=4567

This is awesome! And from the looks of the snapshot (which I think is from the upcoming dvd) the quality looks nice and clean. Oh man! I'm getting so *beep* Excited! big grin

WindDancer
A quick update!

You can now pre-order this DVD at amazon.com. big grin

Pre-Order Cannibal Holocaust at Amazon.com

Eraserhead
Yea, it's going to be released October 25th for sure. Dvdaficionado already has the cover up on their site. there's only 10,000 available, so get them while you can.

BackFire
Just a reminder, this is being released TODAY! About damn time.

Nevermind
Originally posted by BackFire
Just a reminder, this is being released TODAY! About damn time.

F*ck that sh*t! I'll have to get a bootlegged version of this! Then when I go to the States next year, if I like it, I'm so buying it. F*ck customs!

Why is this country so lame!

Or Maybe I could order it over?

WindDancer
I woke up this morning with the only thing in mind. And that is to get this DVD. I call the store and my copy has arrived. I'm on my way to pick it up and leaving work early.

I'm gonna stop by Little Ceasers and buy me one of those 5 dollar pizzas. And I'm going to stuffed my face while watching this movie. I can't hardly contain myself. Finally! My own copy of CH! big grin

BackFire
Originally posted by WindDancer
I woke up this morning with the only thing in mind. And that is to get this DVD. I call the store and my copy has arrived. I'm on my way to pick it up and leaving work early.

I'm gonna stop by Little Ceasers and buy me one of those 5 dollar pizzas. And I'm going to stuffed my face while watching this movie. I can't hardly contain myself. Finally! My own copy of CH! big grin

Sounds awesome dude. Enjoy!

WindDancer
Thanks BF! smile

What about yourself? Are you still thinking of getting this edition or pass?

BackFire
I'll probably just ask for it for Xmas...though now that it's actually out I'm very tempted to just go and buy it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.