Smoking should it be againt the law?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jackie Malfoy
I am not in anyway trying to put down smokers.But I think it should be againt the law.It is not only kill your lungs but can kill you too.
My dad and mom and boyfriend smokes and I been trying to get them to stop.There is nothering worst then smelling that stuff.
So what do you guys think of smoking?JM smokin' mad

Corran
Are you going to criminalise drinking too?

lil bitchiness
Sure.

If weed, which is less damaging is illegal, make smoking too. If they make heroin and cocaine illegal (which if distributed to people in its purest form is less damaging then alcohol or cigarettes) is illegal, why not make smoking?

But in my opinion - all drugs should be legal.

It is important to remember that just by making something illegal it is not going to stop people from doing it - or taking it in this case.
All its gonna do is create another underground market, money laundering and the likes.

Jackie Malfoy
No I am only talking about smoking not drinking.I think there maybe aready a thread about drinking.But for now it is just plain smoking.If you smoke then yu smoke.
There is no right or wrong answear to this.Say if you think it should be agiant the law or if you don't.That is all I want to know.JM

naybean
smoking will never be totally banned - too much money made from taxes on tobacco by the government. It would be ridiculous to even try anyways - too many people smoke to try and ban it. Also if u dont like people smoking around you then ask them to put it out, its their body so should be their choice.

Jackie Malfoy
Try telling my boyfriend that.He says that I should smoke because he smokes.I told him I would never smoke.And to tell me that I should is wrong.
Well he is mad at me for that now.I am going to go call him after school and try to work it out.Yea smoking should not be ban but some places should not allow smoking never the less.JM
Don't you think so?I like your avator!

naybean
ye viggo's fit but back to the topic: ye there should be a few smoke free pubs and clubs just for all those people that have bad asthma and stuff and moan about it all the time but i think most bars and pubs and stuff should allow it - its part of the experience.

pr1983
u guys have probabaly heard of irelands workplace ban on smoking, and i'm happy its the way it is. a total ban is a bit much, but there should be restrictions imo.

Jackie Malfoy
No I can't say I heard of that workshop.What is doing to ban smoking?and is there any that you know of that are in the states?Sounds interesting.
Inleast your country is doing there part to stop smoking!Now if only we would do the same thing.JM

pr1983
just to elaborate ireland has banned smoking in any place where people are employed, meaning shops, bars and everything else.

i thought new york had a ban in bars? i'm sure i heard it somewhere. i also heard california was doing something similar, but im not sure what the situation is there.

naybean
ye but i like smokey bars and pubs and clubs! Its fine if some places want to ban it but i think that should be up to the establishment not the government. there should be some smoke free pubs but not all of them.

pr1983
true, but then no bar would choose to be smoke free...

finti
didnt we just have this discussion?

pr1983
possibly...

finti
smoking should it be baned ..and guess who started that one as well

yerssot
smoking against the law? wow... some one needs to study economics first ... or is the situation at JM's country so different?

pr1983
sweet jesus...

Jackie Malfoy
I live in NJ and it is baned anywhere here.As for NY I think they did ban it there in some resturants and bars.Not sure through.Also I did look up smoking to see if it was asked aready.
Nothering came up or I would not had started it.Anyway I know alot of smokers and did alot of research on this.So please don't question me.Anywho baning smoking in public places should be inforced but in homes it is ok.
Anyone argee with this.JM

naybean
Ye - JM instead of starting a new thread on exactly the same topic it would've been better to revive the old one.... just for next time....

Jackie Malfoy
Finti you are right.So why when I search for it,This did not come up?Weild.Oh well I guess a mod can close this.Thanks for your answears anyway.JM

Jedi Priestess
Could you be any dumber?

Jackie Malfoy
Jedi could you be any nicer or yu being nice right now?If so then I would hate to see yu mean!Adding you to my list.JM

Clovie
in some places it is against already.

and i don't know if it is good thing erm

Jedi Priestess
You're list? Sweetheart Im surpised you can even find your list. laughing out loud

Clovie
what list? huh

and imo JP is nice now smile

yerssot
good for you and show it then.. up till now you haven't showed any "knowledge" on this subject you received through your research

lil bitchiness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.