Shut up newbie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Drumdude1167
why must you be so mean towards newbies

Deathblow
http://maynardjameskeenan.com/maynard.gif

naybean
not all newbies - just the ones who open their mouths and start posting before theyve checked out how things work around here - they should look around before they start posting and making threads and stuff.

Telperaca
You want to know why? I'll tell you why:
- they have VERY bad spelling and grammer (applies to other non-nembies)
- they have nothing worthwhile to say in some - no - most (99.9%) of their posts mad
- some of the newbies who come, usually the first timers are usually pathetic, trying hard to be someone they are not, just basically trying to get others to llike them.

Another important fact, not everyone is a newbie. It's how you act that makes you a realy n00b.

Clovie
am i mean? cry
sowwie

Samurai Guy
Their ignorance.

My answer a little more elaborate.

They do not bother to look at the rules, and check to see how things work. They wait for other people to tell them what not to do. If they did look into things, there would be little to no problems.

lil bitchiness
Maynard James Keenan.
http://ffmedia.ign.com/general/multimedia/maynard1.jpg

Telperaca
Oh, and if you want some advice, just be yourself, and don't try to act "cool" just so everyone will like you. Be yourself, and they friends you make will be your so called "true friends."
Also, don't post anything if you have nothing decent, interesting, or worthwhile to say.

:messedtops ranting::

Jackie Malfoy
Considering that I am not a newible anymore since I been here for almost two mouths I must say this is not a warm welcome for newibles to see.
If you want your site to look more welcoming I suggust you stop puting down people.Just a suggustion even through this thread will be hopfully be locked anyway.JM

naybean
Maybe if we're lucky all the newbies will read this and decide to read the rules and look around before they start posting....

Canadian Moose
We were ALL Newbies once, am I right? So what? Maybe they don't read all the rules. I sure as hell didn't. I learned by trial and error. Some take longer to learn, and we can certainly kick their asses if they keep making the same mistakes, but please. I agree with Jackie Malfoy, this isn't really a great thing for new people to see. If I had seen it, I'd likely be gone before even posting. Stop cheering!
Anyhow...let's give people a chance before pouncing on them right away.

Samurai Guy
But it is so fun, Moosey! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Canadian Moose
Physically yeah...I love to hear the cruch of bones and the air whooshing out of them just as much as you do. big grin

Noob A
Noob's UNITE!!!

Storm
This is not new. The hostility towards new members is going on since a few months already imo. They are being made fun of because of their different spelling/writing style. There' s even trolling involved imo.

Silver Stardust
I don't hate newbies or anything, that's ridiculous. Like was already pointed out, every single member on KMC was once a newbie. What bothers me is when people don't read any of the rules.

Oh, and by the way...Maynard James Keenan love

Anna85
the newbies are soooo cute!!!!! they need friends. and remember, you were a newbie 2 once... yes

dave123
I've never been mean to newbies happy I'm helpful

Vampy
Newbies are usually mean to me cry now that sucks.

Silver Stardust
I don't think I've ever been mean to anyone on here, honestly...confused we should help out the newbies, not pick on them yes

Anna85
lol! me too happy

Mr Zero
Every single Internet related group, forum or chatroom is the same: "newbies" take the heat. It's like hazing - a rite of passage.

People like to feel that they are part of a gang thats better than others, and picking on "noobs" is an easy way of doing it. All protestations that they dont check the rules and post dumb repetitious crap is nonsense: Half the people who have been here years still do that... and worse.

I judge people entirely on what they say and how they say it - which is why I hate all of you, noobs or not.

dave123
we love you too zero hug

Dreampanther
I'm pretty new and I don't think anybody was mean to me, except for the fact that I got thrown out of the Underwater Bar because I didn't have money to buy beer.

BackFire
Most people aren't mean to newbies because they're new, they're mean because many of them come to the site and don't bother reading any of the rules and immediately do something stupid.

people are mean to stupid people, there are pletny of new members who never get shit on because they are intelegent and don't make morons of themselves teh first day.

That being said, anyone who makes fun of someone simple because they're new is an insecure dipshit who should not be taken seriously.

eezy45
Baby, it's grammAr... your spelling roll eyes (sarcastic)

mailedbypostman
I'm not mean to noobies, I'm mean to people who come on the forum as newbies and are ignorant and posts threads like
This post is gay. This thread is gay. This forum is gay. This website is gay.
Or newbies who post things like
every post. It's those people who tick me off. My definiton of newbie is some1 who is new and retarded.

eezy45
Maynard James Keenan, of course.

Ulrich Rulez
OMG!!! YOUR A "NEWB" AND YOU BEING MEAN TO OTHER NEWBS!!!!!! Man!!! What a sore looser!!! mad

Ulrich Rulez
Well...everyone wants to be to cool for themselves... happy

mailedbypostman
OMGWTFLOL! IMSOSRYIWASAFKLETSGOSHAVEABBQ!!!! Lol, Telpraca's not that much a noob. Not really.

Storm
Don' t start picking on each other.

eezy45
True, most of all she has a brilliant image and is well-known smile

Storm
We' re all still newbies. Even I am.

Ulrich Rulez
Yes, yes

dave123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/images/report.gif don't make me do it now nono

Scarpa
Im not mean to newbies

Ulrich Rulez
I'm sorry? confused

mailedbypostman
Huh?

Ulrich Rulez
O.K...Kinda lost it there... blink

Ulrich Rulez
Please quote when you say something! happy

mailedbypostman
Did you manage to read it?

Ulrich Rulez
Barely...i read "OMG WT* LOL BBQ..." but I couldn't distinguish it...

eezy45

mailedbypostman
No, it's SHAVE.

eezy45
edited, you wild thing stick out tongue

Ulrich Rulez
Oh! Thanks big grin

eezy45
No Problem wink

Ulrich Rulez
I wish I had $2.00 droolio

eezy45
That wasn't meant for you anyway Ulrich Rulez wink

Ulrich Rulez
I thought so...

eezy45
Good. But you can interprete it this way if you want to droolio

Btw... Ulrich.... what Ulrich?

mailedbypostman
What is it?

Ulrich Rulez
Well...I'm going...G00|) BY3 E\/ERYB0|)Y

eezy45
Bye Bye Ulrich Rulez (if you meant the Metallica drummer with your name I like you hehe)

Ulrich Rulez
Ulrich from this show called "Code: Lyoko"...I love it!! stick out tongue...nothing serious...

mailedbypostman
4l)\ J00 C3l)\74!l\l ?

Noob A
|_!3|< |-|0|_Y (R/-\p \/\/|-|@ !$ +h3 /\/\3/_\|\|!|\|6 0|= |\|008???

lil bitchiness
That is possibly the most annoying post i have seen at this board.

Noob A
Yes, we do care.

JK.

Noob A
:P

newbs are gay

Imaginary
I don't like newbies who rYt lyKe d1$

ChickinMeat
well i dont think i would count myself as a newbie anymore, as i have 300 posts or something, but i have to say this is definatly one of the more friendly forums ive ever been on, ive found everyone to be helpful and friendly, just an all round good atmosphere.

no need to treat newbies differently, treat others how you want to be treated

Drumdude1167
Im glad no all of you are so hostile towards n00bs. I have been on other forums and they just harrass everyone new to that forum(i wont tell you what forum) they were not very helpfull. This site on the other hand has been very helpfull towards me and other newbies, how long until im not a n00b

Londonboy7
Ya but we wrn'nt all n00bs There is a big diffrence

Jackie Malfoy
I like that treat others just like you want to be treated!Also I can't say I am a newible anymore either.I miss counted how much posts I have but I know I must have alot!
But people are people.If you don't like someone because they are a newible that is judging them.And believe me in this world that is one thing we can live without!JM

Silver Tongue
Because i'm a byatch stick out tongue

Noob A
wtf is JM?

Ulrich Rulez
I have 326 post...

Drumdude1167
i have....354 posts, i dont think im a n00b anymore

Jackie Malfoy
It is shorten for my member name which is Jackie Malfoy!Instead of always ending it wiht my whole name which takes a while to write I just add jm!
There your question has been answeared even through all you had to do was look at my username and figure out your self!JM(Jackie Malfoy)

Ulrich Rulez
W.T.P.?

MerMorgan02
Im confused. y r u guys anti-newbie? u were all newbies once, 2. (not u, Ulrich Rulez, I'm talking 2 every1 else on this thread) or, r u talking about people being hateful towards newbies, which I can totallyunderstand.

shellie
*stands* hello *looks at name tag nervously* im Shellie and im a newbie

*sits back down*

Aqua
yes

hh?
i AM mean against noobs...

why?

cuz they think they own this place once they join

no expression

lil bitchiness
I am not mean at all...ever.

Frosty Beverage
cry

*turns and leaves*

Ulrich Rulez
Man...

shellie
love a true sweetie

Mr Wiggles
im not mean to newbies, because i always was one, even when i was mod of another forum, i was always nice

D-Double
When's graduation day for a noob?

Or is it "You are ready when you are ready"..... like a black belt?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

shellie
dunno really....but ive been here 6 months come the 18th of this month and i still believe im a newbie and this (excuse the langauge) shit like......"ive been here 2 months and im not a newbie but i treat newbies good...."

hello...thats still new.....erm

Ulrich Rulez
Yes it is...

_Matrix_Neo_1_
When I joined people had a go at me, still do because I'm still newish, they were way mean, snobs!

mc pee pants
i'm a little sarcastic... but it would be really nice if the new members took a few minutes to read the rules and the search engine and stop making new threads when there are already others. and sometimes they get all defensive 'cause they're new. do your homework. and try the search function... it's free.

_Matrix_Neo_1_
But sometimes we don't know there is a board already existing, like when I made an Only Fools & Horses (and other comedy, BRITISH ONLY!) board but there was already a OFAH board made...

Korri
No actually we had a go at you because you you didnt read the rules and you didnt listen to our advice when you broke them. Think about how we feel when we have to re-read threads that you have bumped for no aparent reason.

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Well...

Korri
well maybe you should listen to the adive of members who know what they are talking about.

shaber
hi korri

Korri
hi shaber eek!

shaber
eek!

Ulrich Rulez
eek!!!!! crybaby

Frosty Beverage
ok.

Imaginary
<---- Is confused

Korri
eek! me too!

Kosta
Its like an initiation, everyone gets it, I got it, i didnt complain im still here, everyone hates but i am laughing out loud jk bout the hate part.

I dunno, people often complain because they dont get treated well when theire "new" somewhere, the truth is, no one hates them or dislikes them, being rude and mean is just the way MOST, and i do mean MOST, people get to know you, your boundaries, how far they can push you, your soft spots. Everyone makes fun of the new guys at school. You think the formu is any different? ITS WORSE, because some member that might be a complete reject that no one likes in RL and has no authority in ANYTNING, might have a sudden power trip when their post count hits 10,000 and girls are drooling over his/hers pre animated sense of humor and fake pic, and all of a sudden they decide they own the place. Let them make fun, MOST of us dont mean anything by it. I know I USUALLY dont wink

Kosta
When it comes down to it though, alot of poeple just do it to be cool. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.