It's about time Batman becomes serious again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knight Chat X
Not comparing to original batman series, but the newer Batman movies, one of the things I liked the most about the first few movie releases was that they were more serious and had more emotion involved with M. Keeton as Batman, when the Batman sequels that followed became more plastic and fake looking more torwards a comic or toon style and I think it lost out on the impact that was gained from it actually becoming more of a movie.

So far this movie looks promising, it looks to bring back some of the earlier seriousness of the job of a hero and tell's about the early parts of the story and adding some very elegant scenary and music which add's to the emotion.

I like to see a tougher meaner Batman with heart and with technology he makes at his fingertips.

-Good Job!

CoolWizard
You don't want to make him too serious, though. That was the mistake they made with Keaton's portrayal.
There should be a balance of both humor and seriousness to make the character work.
I hope they will do that in the new movie.

ash007
well Batman is about Darkness not about humor

Punkyhermy
Yeah I like my batman dark and angsty and tragic.The Frank Miller Batman. The one where deep down he is just a lil boy who wants his parents back.

pr1983
It's about time Batman becomes serious again.

true. batman and robin was so camp it made the 60s show look dark. they should take some hints from the cartoon, now that was batman.

CoolWizard
I am not saying he can't be a little dark, that goes with the territory and the whole concept. But too much darkness (like Batman Returns) is overkill and alienates fans, especially children who won't want to see something too adult. And Batman is about the children as much as the adults.
A little humor is not necessarily a bad thing, if it is not overdone. And I don't mean the camp humor used in the 1960s Batman.

pr1983
of course, u gotta have a little humour, just as long as it doesnt detract from the rest of it.

CoolWizard
I never suggested it should detract from the rest of it. I clearly stated it should have a proper balance and not be all dark and grim like some of the intepretations that have gone before.

pr1983
i didnt say you did. but batman at its core is dark. i'm not arguing with you, im agreeing with you, but only to a point. theres a time and a place for humour, but they shouldnt overdo it, thats all.

CoolWizard
Who's arguing? I am debating which is what one does in threads like this one. As long as you get my point, then we are fine.
There is such a thing as being too dark as well. Maybe you fancy those kind of Batman films, but I don't and a lot of others don't either.
If you take this personally, it is not my fault nor intention.

pr1983
my mistake, i apologise.

did u read hush? ive been reading batman comics for years and i have to say that is probably the ideal batman for me. i know its not the most humorous, but i loved it.

to be honest i dont mind humour, just as long as we dont get another batman and robin.

Joker1237
I want Batman to have no humor, Unless if the Joker is going to give the humor out, and even than it better be a conceret pie in the face ha ha.

Red Superfly
OF course, the brilliance of The Joker is that he's the exact opposite of Batman.

Batman CAN be funny, but it's usually sarcastic or patronising, and he NEVER uses punchlines. Batmans humour should only come from his dry wit. His humour should reflect his intelligence and his human side.

That's why Batman and The Joker are the perfect comic book heroes and villains in my book. On a personal level, they are complete opposites, but on an emotional/passionate level they are quite similar.

Personally, the Batman Animated Series got it spot on. Bruce Wayne was funny, Batman was dark and serious. Alfred provided brilliant comic relief too, but it suited his character perfectly (sarcastic, dry, subtle humour).

STOP WITH THE CORNINESS!

Punkyhermy
Batman is so damn hilarious!Only unintentionally and he of course doesn't know it.

pr1983
exactly what i wanted to say...

Bat Dude
Dude, if you wanna see Batman laughing you gotta read Batman: Mad Love

Harley starts talking about her possible future with Joker.(Kids, growing old together, etc.) Then Batman says, "You and Joker? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Then Harley says, "I've never seen you laugh before and it's kinda scary." "Then Harley calls Joker and tells him that she has Batman in a trap. He says, "YOU HAVE WHO, WHERE!!??!!" He then drives at full speed. Thinking about his reputation being destroyed by Harley, thinking about what the villians would say like, "That's Joker, right? The man who's girlfriend killed Batman"(Penguin) "That's whats-his-name, you know, Mr. Harley Quinn!"(Riddler) Then when Joker gets there Harley's all happy and he smacks her, yells at her saying, "Batman's mine! I'm the only one who kills him!" Then Harley says, "But it's still you're joke, see. All I did was tie him upside down so it looks like the puranna are smiling." Then Joker says that it's not a joke anymore cuz she had to explain the joke. Joker by now is in a fit of rage. Then Harley says, "Calm down, puddin'." Then Joker pushes her out a window and says, "Don't call me puddin'!" as he walks away. He then takes down Batman and says he's sorry about Harley and that they should both just forget about the whole thing. Then Joker starts walking away whisling a tune. That's all I'm gonna say just in case some people haven't read it yet.

pr1983
omfg laughing

Red Superfly
Joker f**ckin rules.

And while reading that, I couldn't help but picture Mark Hamills Joker doing the voice work. As I was reading it, I kept thinking in the style of Mark Hamills Joker from the Animated Series. It made it even funnier.

pr1983
me too, just so brazen to walk away like that, only joker could do something like that...

Punkyhermy
Mad Love was an awesome episode!

pr1983
was it a comic or cartoon episode?

Bat Dude
both

pr1983
cool

Bat Dude
yupp. The cover is the best part in my opinion, but the last part(what i posted was also great)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.