Who has the better sense of smell?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arsenal
Who has the better sense of smell -- Wolverine, Daredevil, or Kraven The Hunter?

Havoc470
i really dont know.....both dd and wolverine have a heightened sense of smell i dont know if they're equal to eachother and i dont really know much about kraven

Tron
No Sabertooth or Black Panther?

norrin radd

ScarletSpider
Black Panther's herbs give him enhanced senses, I would say probably on par with Wolverine and Sabretooth. But overall, DD takes it, for Marvel at least.

Havoc470
how does dd take it? i've never seen him do something that wolvie hasnt done

Linkalicious
gotta say, based on their powers....you would think DD takes it.

But I never see him use his sense of smell. Well, atleast not nearly as much as his sense of sound.

who?-kid
I think Wolverine has the better sense of smell. In the Infinity War, he was the only one who smelled that Iron Man and Reed Richards were impostors.

DD was there, when Wolverine walked in, accusing IM and Reed of being fake, and he admitted he didn't smell a thing. And I don't remember if DD has ever hunted a person down in a large city, only by his scent ? Wolverine can do that.

Linkalicious
ooops...i didn't finish my post. embarrasment

I meant to say that I personally believe Wolvie has the best sense of smell, but that ideally, since DD's other sense that he uses more frequently are so strong, you would think his sense of smell would be similar as well.

But then again, he's only human, and human's (even overtly powered ones) still have weak senses of smell.

Darth Jello
wolverine referred to DD as "the only guy who has a better nose than I do"

manjaro
DD takes this by far dudes........far. as far as charcters with heightend senses he's on top of the pile. One time DD was looking for a kidnapped girl and he stood at one end of the GW bridge, at the base and scrolled his head from left to right. and was able to track her deep in manhattan based on the sound of her whimpering in a corner and her scent that he picked up when he went to her bedroom to study the crime scene. taking into consideraation that the GW bridge is about 4.5 miles long and the part in manhattan he found her was another few miles away i'd say that puts him above wolvie.

wolvie may be able to quickly tell the difference between ppl but ive never seen him do anything like that. im thinking that maybe its bcuz he's developed the talent moreso that DD but then again diff' writers do diff' things

Havoc470
the sound of her whimpering has nothing to do with the sense of smell, as for DD going into her room, wolvie has tracked people down with less

norrin radd
very true

manjaro
no but he went to her room to examine the place. he was able to tell how many ppl were there, what actions they took, what colgne they were wearing, where the dirt off thier boots came from and so on. the lil girl's smell is what did it cuz its not like he knew what she sounded like b4 hand, so the sound of whimpering coupled with the direction from which the scent he picked up in her room was coming (which was at least 7 or 8 miles away) thats what i was trying to illustrate.

what has wolverine tracked ppl with less with? yes he's an expert tracker but he follows a trail until he finds somebody. DD had no clue where to even start and he just stuck his nose in the air and picked her out from miles away. that counts as a damn good sense of smell to me

radioboy121
I remember that scene. It is unclear if Wolverine acknowledged the imposters immediately or not as he was in some form of ventilation shaft (or other) before the heroes all assembled there. It's probably likely he did, but I just want to mention that.

Daredevil probably identified the imposters in the latter part of that scene other than the use of his sense of smell.

Havoc470
wolverine's tracked people with just their scent of pheremones when he's encountered them...hes even shown to have a strong memory of scent where he can simply remember their scent and work from there

as for daredevil finding the girl he just tracks the noise which has nothing to do with smell and then picked up her scent to make sure its her, a dog could do that.....wolverine wouldnt have to do something as dramatic as stand on the bridge when he could just go in her room and track her from there

Darth Jello
again, wolvie conceded that DD has a better nose than him. both because of enhanced senses and training by the chaste.

Wynndar
DD has a better sense than wolvie in my opinion...but Wolvie did figure out the Reed Richards thing in Infinity War...Daredevil was the one to sense the Gamma bomb in the podium...Black panther and DD are the best when it comes to tracking and senses...based on what Ive seen them do.

Havoc470
which comic was this in? i only remember wolvie saying that in ultimate xmen

did he smell the gamma bomb or sense it?

when it comes down to sound i think dd is superior (i dont know much about black panther so i cant really talk of him) but from what i've read of these two characters, wolvie has the better sense of smell

Darth Jello
i think it was back in the post born again daredevil's when DD helped wolvie track Bushwacker. If not, then it's from the marvel comics presents where they were after typhoid with steel raven and vengeance.

wolverine8888
in smell wolverien takes it sabertooth has admitted wolverien better then him at hunting and dare devil might have better hearing but he in no way has better smelling wolverine nose can track people miles away so it goes to wolverine

crazyspinz
isnt wild child's sence of smell better than both wolvie and sabertooths

Darth Jello
the strongest evidence for my argument (other than wolverine's own admission) is the fact that without his training and concentration, DD's sense of smell is actually powerful enough to cripple him. he was in constant pain until a combination of sister maggie and stick allowed him to function after his accident

Havoc470
yup, wildchild has the strongest senses of all the weapon x guys, its been stated in alot of comics he's appeared in, except people never give the guy a chance, the last i saw him was his really small roll in the weaponX comics, he gets beaten by sabretooth and tries to re-kindle an old love but fails since he looks like nosforatu, poor wildchild i like his character alot but no one bothers paying any mind to him

hmm, comic book wise its impossible to tell who has a stronger sense of smell, one has always acknowledged the other with a better sense of smell, DD said it to wolvie in secret war and i remember another time in a pretty old comic, i could be wrong about the old comic though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.