Batman: World Domination

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tron
Batman gets hit with a streak of darkness (moreso than usual), and thinks to himself that he's tired of the way the world is. Then he decides, that, with all the knowledge he has, heroes, villains, governments, etc., he gonna take over the world and "make it a better place", a la Doom. Now he knows he's gonna meet resistance, from friends and enemies alike, and he takes a few months preparing for his takeover, from teaming with old foes, like Ra's Al Ghul and Lex Luthor, to using his resources to make vast weaponry and any other things. And, he also knows he has time to take out most of the JLA members that would be considered threats, and make it look like any of the team's villains had done it while looking just as shocked as the rest. And, if he chooses, he can even make an alternate identity to deal with most heroes and most of the villains he teams up with so that no one he wants to know would know. Now, how far does he get before he's stopped, if he's stopped? And who's capable of stopping a determined and prepared Batman from taking over the world as he plans?

Havoc470
this is a real comic?

Tron
Nope (I don't think so anyways), just an idea.

pr1983
what about how he would kill the jla?

kryptonite in coffee n such.

Tron
Well, we all know he's nearly capable of it, with all his knowledge of his teammates, other teams, and their weaknesses, whether they're immediately exploitable or not. And, he can easily do most of it without anyone suspecting a thing for a long time.

pr1983
yeah, your right, be somethin to think about though, we can only guess the methods he'd use to kill the other members.

Havoc470
well i heard in identity crisis theres a new enemy killing people off and i think he/she knows all of their secret identities

he could kill all the superheroes and make it look like their archenemies killed them, but it's only so long before someone finds out.....i mean he's not the only superhero/detective in DC right?

norrin radd

crazy
Identity Crisis has a plot like that and that series owns

Paola
moving to Batman forum...

MERCILOUS
Read "Tower of Babel" a JLA story where Ras A Ghul hacks the Batcomputer and uses Bat's methods to disable the JLA.

norrin radd

lifeisaglich
With what Tron has presented, I say batman succeeds in taking over the world but the true test is going to see how long it is going to be before he is toppled

Joker1237
If Batman wants to he could take over the world, He have problems with the middle east though.

Tron
Someone brought up on another thread, and I sort of agree, he'd have the most problems from the Bat Fam. They're the ones that know him best, and they ones he's emotionally attached to.

Havoc470
yeah definitely, the bat family would have something to say against that, especially with oracle so involved in batmans life

Tron
Yeah, in my opinion though, he could still keep it from them for quite a while. Can't say just how long, but he's good enough to do it.

Tron
Bump.

Okay, anyone have their own ideas on how Batman would accomplish this feat?

Tron
Bump again...

Now there may be more to think about, considering recent DC events.wink

Batman Wins
Batman can not be stopped, because he is Batman. He goes to the Jla enemys and then give them a plan to go to the watch tower. Batman says all the villians gather and I will let them in the tower with a key...so Batman distracts the Jla in the tower and secretly lets the badguys in. Once they are in, he throws a big piece of Kryptonite on the floor and runs. (before hand Batman told Gl to give him a tour for data around the planets. so when he came back his ring was drained) ok so the badguys get in and beat the crap out of the Jlu killing them but Batman went of the Javilin and flies away, he also presses the Batbomb detinator, blowing the tower out of orbit, and straight into the sun. Bang they all die and the Bat lives, on, once again.

Batman Wins
OK Batmans Key, to victory, is deception. Gets everyone to trust him, and let each other take them out.

xmarksthespot
He may be able to take out the JLA with his knowledge and resources, but the entire world is a stretch. His financial resources may number in the billions, that money's only going to go so far though. His personal fortune is essentially gone if he tries to raise a fully operational personal army, which he wouldn't be able to do anyway because one of the world's intelligence agencies or the IRS is bound to notice unusual purchases, funneling of funds etc.

Batman Wins
Like I said deception. get the others to trust him and let the Villians and good guys kill each other. More detail how, on the previous page. I posted a long thing, about it.

xmarksthespot
Get who to trust him? I said he could take down the JLA but I can't see him taking over the world. There are around 193 or so countries in the world, worldwide defence spending is a trillion or more, and probably moreso in the MU or DCU. His actions couldn't remain covert for long.

Among the many things Doom has that Batman does not is diplomatic immunity.

Tron
Don't forget, there's always the League of Shadows. Ra's Al Ghul's been wanting him to marry Talia and take over his empire for ages. Well, this would be one of those times that Batman would take that offer. Do that, let Ra's in on what he's planning, and he's a few steps closer. And don't forget Brother Eye.

Batman Wins
Well the only help he needs, is Ras and Supermans help. He basically has Louis in a secret location, and force Superman to kill everyone. When it's all said and done, he just gives Superman a big kriptonite, present wrapped in led.

yahman
Does anybody know about the MASSIVE batman event that will have happened by the end of the Infinite Crisis. If you want to know, send me a personal message and i will tell you (you guys probably all know any way). I can't keep it in any longer mann its driving me insane. smile

olympian
The word of all that being " Insane " stick out tongue

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
The word of all that being " Insane " stick out tongue

How did you find out ? Is it common knowledge. laughing laughing

Tron
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Well the only help he needs, is Ras and Supermans help. He basically has Louis in a secret location, and force Superman to kill everyone. When it's all said and done, he just gives Superman a big kriptonite, present wrapped in led.

I doubt that'll work, that only gives Superman a reason to take him down and time. It wouldn't be very easy to hide Lois from him like that, even for Batman (in my opinion). His best bet is to take him out quick when he feels the time is right.

xmarksthespot
Why wouldn't Superman just kill Batman, and then search the world for Lois? It wouldn't take him that long to scour the entire globe.

Batman Wins
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Why wouldn't Superman just kill Batman, and then search the world for Lois? It wouldn't take him that long to scour the entire globe.

Thats a good question.

Heres your answer...it's Superman.

How many times loius, has gotten captured, and he didn't just do that. He is to much pf a wuss, to act that way, and Batman knows this.

dawsey28
Perhaps these pics will help:
http://img68.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img68&image=tower1.jpg
http://img65.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img65&image=tower2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/revelator15/batspray.txt
http://www.geocities.com/revelator15/batstringsupes.txt

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/3593/batlaser.jpg

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/8454/batgl1.jpg
http://img89.exs.cx/img89/1184/batgl2.jpg

Not saying if it is possible or not, but just providing pics.

olympian
"How did you find out ? Is it common knowledge"

Lets say i got some connections.

spiderboy5
batman could take over the world but i no batman enough that he would not do it, he did develop certain friendship with certain members of the league and not to mention the bat family...........

yahman
Originally posted by olympian
"How did you find out ? Is it common knowledge"

Lets say i got some connections.

I think you and i know. wink

Oh well now i've got it off my chest i don't feel so bad. smile

We salute you bruce usaflag

smile wink

Tron
Originally posted by spiderboy5
batman could take over the world but i no batman enough that he would not do it, he did develop certain friendship with certain members of the league and not to mention the bat family...........

Of course he wouldn't do it, we all know that. But, that's not what's in question here, as is stated in the beginning of this thread.

PimpXMaster
Originally posted by Tron
Of course he wouldn't do it, we all know that. But, that's not what's in question here, as is stated in the beginning of this thread.
What do you think, he would do to take over the world. Tron Homey. If you even think he can.

Tron
Originally posted by PimpXMaster
What do you think, he would do to take over the world. Tron Homey. If you even think he can.

Honestly, in the end, I don't think he can. But planned just right, he can get very damn close in my opinion, and take down plenty of heroes (and villains) in the process.

Tron
Bumpwhistle

Psycho Ninja
Would he regret it though ??

darthgoober
BUMP

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tron
Bump.

Okay, anyone have their own ideas on how Batman would accomplish this feat?

*deep breath*

He would probably use something along the lines of a giant invisible satellite with high level AI that could command an army of battle ready cyborgs that are specifically designed to take out all known superhumans via weaknesses Batman has observed over the years.

*exhale*

stick out tongue

Lucid Lui
You forget to mention the batkick.

Shame, shame, shame.

Super Guy
Hm...
Batman would probably arrange a secret meeting with some of the most powerful villains around: darkseid, Luthor and Ra's would be obvious choices. He maybe hires a representative or commnunicates via CCTV so as to remain anonymous and manages to make a deal with them to help his takeover.
He would probably use the JLA's Thanagarian tech and Apokalips tech. He could easily disable the JL as he showed in Babel. Afterwards, he would have more trouble with most heroes on the alert.
Perhaps he could stage a mass invasion in a city, or maybe just have a fleet from Apokalips land, acting as a trap where he could somehow imprison the heroes.
I would say he could then take out many heroes with ease and any army resistance after that could easily be quelled- i can see him placing agents in the more powerful goverments.
Overall, bruce's main problem should lie from oitside- the Green Lantern Corps- and also his undoing could be his relectance to kill. The chances are, he would merely imprison his former allies... which would leave a chance for them to break free and rebel...

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Batman Wins
Batman can not be stopped, because he is Batman.

laughing

spidermonkey
Can a prepped Batman take out the DC Universe?

I want to put Batman's preptime to the test.

Lets say that Batman, for whatever reason, decides to take out every hero (and/or villain) in DC Universe one at a time.

Batman gets 2 YEARS of preptime. Every time he defeats one of them, he takes their resources, whatever he is able to take, and uses them in the next fight.

I mean what he already knows + 2 years of prep.

Question
Can he take out the following (not specifically in this order) :
1. Superman/Supergirl
2. Black Canary
3. Wonder Woman
4. Aquaman
5. The Flash
6. Green Lantern (Hal/Kyle)
7. Martian Manhunter
8. Steel
9. Huntress/Green Arrow
10. Orion/Barda
11. Zauriel
12. The Atom
13. Plastic Man
14. Captain Marvel/Black Adam
15. Amazo
16. Hourman
17. Dr. Fate/Zantanna
18. Doomsday
19. Lex Luthor
20. Darkseid

+ Anyone else in the DC Universe.

And if so, how would he defeat them?

This is COMPLETE one-sided Prep for Batman. None of them knows he is hunting them down.

TricksterPriest
Going by the original thread idea, on his own, he's bound to get stopped eventually. But if he's really gone off the deep end, he could implement scorched earth tactics and make it a pyrric victory. IMO, the magic users and telepaths are the big problems. As is keeping outside interference to a minimum.

Now, if he's teaming up with other people, his odds go way way up, depending on who he's working with. Even just Ra's Al Ghul's empire gives him a big leg up. And if he makes a deal with Darkseid, he could actually pull it off. Apokolips tech is insane.

dawsey28
So here's a question: Why hasn't Batman cleaned up Gotham?

Is it due to his no killing policy?

Are his rogues just as good as him?

Amp
Jokers probably the closest you could get.

GGS
Originally posted by dawsey28

The man enjoys it, It's like heroin or something you become addicted to it no matter how much you say you hate it.

dawsey28
Okay, lets say he somehow marries Talia and somehow takes over Lexcorp, wouldn't he have Ra's empire and Lex's resources to work with plus his own?

batdude123

It's the same reason why Superman hasn't gotten rid of Lex Luthor or why he hasn't "cleaned up" Metropolis.

Because without the Jokers or Lex Luthors, comic sales would drop.

Tron
Okay, lets say he somehow marries Talia and somehow takes over Lexcorp, wouldn't he have Ra's empire and Lex's resources to work with plus his own?

He already has Lexcorp.

willRules
Batman has such a strong reputation for being a master tactician that he could merely use two words to enable world domination.

"I'm Batman."

no expression

Juntai
Originally posted by Scoobless
*deep breath*

He would probably use something along the lines of a giant invisible satellite with high level AI that could command an army of battle ready cyborgs that are specifically designed to take out all known superhumans via weaknesses Batman has observed over the years.

*exhale*

stick out tongue laughing

dawsey28
The world? Possibly. Although realistically, he'd have trouble doing that.

Universe? No.

Phantom Zone
Yup Batmans taking over the world.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.