Wicked - The Musical

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placebo_fan
Hi. I'm not used to making threads, but, there's just one musical that i am nuts about for now. It's called Wicked and its about the witch- the evil one from the wizard of oz- and it tracks her whole life and it turns out she wasnt originally evil. As this witch grows up, she tries to be good, but her good deeds always end up being ruined and turn into bad deeds. The town arouses suspicion that she is evil, and they plot to kill her.

A grown woman, the witch known as Elphaba (the wicked one if youre not following) falls in love with someone called Fiyero, who is eventually taken away to be hanged. Dont know what for. Basically, the loss of her loved one forces her to seek revenge and give up on her good deeds and submit to her evil being.

The citizens of the town in which she lives agree that this witch is wicked and they attempt to hunt and kill her. They hang her, but she survives and the good fairy advises her to leave Oz forever and the wicked witch of the west is never seen again.

Good huh? Funky! stick out tongue If youve seen this then just say what it was like and if youve never heard of it before feel free to ask questions. Ta!

The Tired Hiker
Wow, that sounds really cool. Is it on DVD?

moonwalker741
my music teacher saw that, she said it was good

Placebo_fan
No its not on dvd because its a broadway production. Plus if one of my friends knew it was on dvd he'd steal it if they had to! He loves this musical. I borrowed the soundtrack from him. and i'm singin a song that Elphaba sings in the musical. It's called 'No Good Deed'. It's a really powerful song so after practicing my throat feels like ive been swallowing glass or something! I'll live. happy

Placebo_fan
so what other musicals do you like? has anyone seen it?

Drumdude1167
Blah blah blah crap

angelsflame265
I've heard songs, and only a few and I love the ones I've heard. My fav is Defying Gravity so far, the person who plays the Wicked witch can sing!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.