What am I thinking?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ToMacco
It's damn near 1 AM, and I have to get up at 3:30 to drive my sister to the airport. She's flying to New York.

Why I havn't gone to bed yet is beyond me.

yerssot
Nothing big grin

ToMacco
I'm tired. I should sleep.

finti
"Sleep, sleep tonight
And may your dreams be realized
If the thunder cloud passes rain
So let it rain rain down on him
So let it be, so let it be

Sleep, sleep tonight
And may your dreams be realized
If the thundercloud passes rain
So let it rain let it rain
Rain on him"- U2`s KLM (from the 1984 Unforgettable Fire album )

barbie_girl
tut tut

Gundark
You're gonna be a zombie, To...

Why is your sister going to New York ? Vacation ?

ToMacco
She went out there to see her boyfriend.

It's almost 8:30AM here. I've been awake for almost 24 hours.

Gundark
Spongebob is probably on nickelodeon...

ToMacco
It's not, I already checked.

God damn, I'm tired. sad

Orpheus
I did that once for work. I was up for nearly 36 hours trying to get a radio system working again. It had to be up and running for the start of play at 8:30 in the morning. What made it worse was that I found out the whole system wasn't working because of a small mistake in some address settings.

barbie_girl
i can stay awake for 36hrs b4 passing out!

Thomas H
If I really try hard I belive I can stay uo for 40 hours..I am a machine! roll eyes (sarcastic) evil face

finti
Have you served your tour of duty Thomas the wodd boy?. If not dont worry about the belive part you just have too big grin enjoy military service

LadyEowyn
i can stay up for...16 hours.

LanceWindu
I once stayed up for 48+ hours. After that I sleep for a long ass time.

Ushgarak
I got out of bed for an hour or two, once.

ToMacco
I slept all day today.

It's 6 PM here now, and I'm going to go to bed again real soon.

finti
laughing out loud laughing out loud Ush was funny eek!

barbie_girl
laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing laughing out loud

mechmoggy
I've often worked "ghosters". Thats when you work the day, afternoon and night shift to hit a delivery target. It knackers you up for days though and it's bloody dangerous when operating machinery. sad

queeq
That's impossible! big grin

Dim
Hmmm...my dad almost lost a thumb like that mech.. Get your rest!

Gundark
It takes me three days to recover from staying up all night. Then sometimes I'm too tired to sleep and I get silly and goofy. My dad calls it "getting punchy".

yerssot
*runs in*
Punching ball!
*runs away again*

finti
or getting old evil face evil face big grin

Gundark
How would you like that horned helmet inserted some place where the sun don't shine, viking boy ? laughing out loud

yerssot
cool! big nostrils!
be sure to post a pic here!

finti
in England???? big grin big grin evil face

Gundark
Yes. Thats right. laughing out loud

queeq
laughing out loud

Gundark
Its almost like..like...he read my mind.

finti
another of my gifts

queeq
Can they be returned?

Gundark
Not without a receipt.

queeq
Got it.

Gundark
Unless we steal them first.

queeq
You want me to read your mind? *gestures to closet*

Gundark
*Runs in closet, locks door*

If you can find a way in, you can have me. hehehe. evil face

yerssot
*hides axe*

mechmoggy
My old man lost a finger on a machine that I still own! The worst that happened to me was when I was dropping the guard of a machine down and one of the bars was loose and the weight of the guard pierced the bar right through my hand. The bar was so long they had to cut my overalls off me before I could go to the hospital.

The funniest thing was the nurses faces at the hospital when they saw me coming in with a 12" bar sticking through my hand. It gets worse still.... the nurses couldn't pull the bar out cus both ends were barbed so the only person they could think of was the caretaker who had to come in and hack saw off one of the ends before it could be pulled out. embarrasment

finti
wow that is some story Mech, you kind of got a STIGMATA

mechmoggy
Yeah, that "crown of thorns" safety hat has just gotta go.

Gundark
Whoa, Mech. That is WAY over my threshold for pain.

Yeeouch !!! eek!

barbie_girl
bet i cld take the pain! *jokes*

mechmoggy
You'd be suprised Gundy, the adrenalin was pumping so I didn't feel a thing. The worst bit was the local anaesthetic they gave me so that they could pull it out. They injected me about 6 times around the foreign object (thier description, not mine).

finti
They injected me about 6 times around the foreign object QUOTE] Your head???? big grin wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.