George Clooney:Bad as they Say?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CoolWizard
Let's hear everyone's thoughts about George Clooney, the man many in fandom blame for the demise of the film franchise of the 1990s! Is he as bad as they say, or does he get a lot of unfair flack? confused

Mr Zero
Watch the 60's batman show and then watch B&R directly afterwards: It's a pretty good remake of that old campy show. Trouble is - thats not what people wanted to see.

vaya_the_elf
Personally I don't like george clooney, I thought he sucked.

Gregory
As far as I'm concerned, Clooney came nowhere close to being that movie's biggest problem. If the rest of it had been good, Clooney was competant enough that it would still have been watchable.

madsci
i like clooney as an actor, and i don't think he was the problem. the problem was the story, or lack thereof, and the some of the other actors, i.e. alicia silverstone, arnold, and uma. not to mention the biggest problem of all was the director (his name fails me at the moment), but he sucks big time.

Paola
silverstone... laughing

Punkyhermy
Yeah Clooney deifnately was not the worst aspect of the film. He just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Chris O Donnel however....?(i wanna rip my hair out)Plus at least Clonney was good looking...

SpyCspider
hehe I think Clooney was like "wtf am i doing in this film" when he was acting in B&R. He can act alright...the writing was just horrible.

Joker1237
He was Bad, but he was not what made the movie bad,

The story, Freeze the world, so plants can grow?? Make sense anyone??

Batgirl SliverStone, man that was week, she rides a motorcicle and is a computer nerd all at once, I bet she can cook and win Nascar races too.
Batgirl seem to know eveything lol. And she had NOOOO training of what so ever to be Batgirl, And why would Alf want his nice cousin ete to be Batgirl anyway?? Well I guess there is a Batsuit for Alf some were.

Robin cry and wine too much, I want a car, I want a better name, I want to date Ivy, She is a bad guy, Bad yes but not guy. Ha ha ha.

wuTa
george clooney isnt as bad as they say.....he's worse

vaya_the_elf
He might have not been the biggest problem, but he was still a problem.

OB1-adobe
Clooney got a mis-opportunity to do something good. Who says he didn't want to try to be dark. Instead he ended up under the direction of a guy who thought it would be "funny" to do a parody. You can't blame any of the actors. Life on the set and your perception is much different than what is being portrayed on the screen. In a lot of ways they probably had no idea they were making such crap. I'm sure they had a lot of fun though.

SpyCspider
Seriously,

I bet Schumacher thought people liked Batman Forever a lot and it's transition from dark-into-campiness. So he decided to go all out for B&R.

Maybe he was trying to recapture the fanaticism for the 60s Batman series, cept we're not living in that Austin Powers era anymore and people loved that series cuz it was intentionally fruity for that time period. B&R turned out to be lame rather than funny.

Bardock42
Ok lets be honest the Movie sucked ( you all agree I think)
but Clooney was not the whole problem (even so he had a big part)
first of all it was not Batman, it was more liek some disco show
second Arnold was just a bad choice as freeze,
third Batgirl the daughter of Alfred, sure why not who cares for some comic books damn Schumacher,
fourth Robin was unbelievably annoying more annoying then Clooney (yes even more annoying then this Anakin kid from Episode I)
and last and for that I hate Schumacher he made Bane just some stupiid thug that is a slave of Ivy, god you bastard, its Bane man, the guy who broke Batman not some idiopt who is just strong.

Well there are probably a lot more but that is what I rtemember, I still get a headache while thinking of this movie, but lets hope Batman Begins will be good (it will be better than B&R I am sure of that)

vaya_the_elf
I know George Clooney was not the only problem, but thats no the point. Do you think he is the worst batman?

Bardock42
Oh he sure was

Joker1237
I say we should all team up and have a bon fire with Batman and Robin,

Some days I wish us Bat fans had our hands on evey singal copy of Batman and Robin, and yes even the film itself.

That way us Batfans will know what to do with the films and tapes and DVDs

Burn them, burn them.

wuTa
i think it would be better if we could all line up in front of clooney and we each get to kick him in the balls one time

Joker1237
That would do to.

Jedi Shmedi
WAT KILLED DAH DINOSAHS?! DAH ICE AGE!!!!!!!!!!

That's imbeded into my head for the rest of my life, thank you Batman & Robin >_<

Joker1237
there are certain things left unsaid, and yep that was one of them. Arnie thinks a lot. There were many more bad one liners in the movie. I think I lost count after ten or so lol.

It did have some good scenes, like sky surfing, I mean it look cool, sort of. But hey, it was a bad thing, Cloonys Batman could give Superman a run for his money on flying lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.