Best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Krissy Von Doom
Greatest Scientific Mind?

Einstein vs Newton vs Copernicus vs Hawking

Greatest Artist?

Michelangelo vs Picasso vs Monet vs Van Gogh

Greatest General?

Alexander vs Napoleon vs Hannibal vs Joan

Darth Revan
Einstein

Da Vinci stick out tongue

Alexander

Darth Revan
But Tom Morello is the best anybody to be anything. He pwns joo all!

KharmaDog
You can't really say who was the smartest as each excelled in their own discipline.

You can't compare artists either because each artist is a reflection of their times.

As for general it is between the following 4:

Alexander - pretty much conquered the world by the time most of us graduate from university

Hannibal Barca - Held off a much stonger nation, on their own turf, with no help or support from his own country, for years. If Carthage had supported him better instead of fight amongst themselves, history would be vastly different

Giaus Julius Ceasar - A logistical genius and strategic master

King Leonidas of Sparta - inspired 300 soldiers to stand against close to 1 million persians (with the help of a few thousand corinthians and other greeks who bailed out in the last few days). They stood there for a week, and it is estimated that they killed over 10, 000 enemy soldiers. In the last hours all their weapons were shattered and broken so they fought with their hands and teeth. Leonidas fought on the front lines with them and was between 50-65 years old at the time.

Jackie Malfoy
Greatest Scientific Mind?

Einstein vs Newton vs Copernicus vs Hawking Lets see I would have to say Elinstein!Hawkings scares me!

Greatest Artist?

Michelangelo vs Picasso vs Monet vs Van Gogh:Michelangelo I love this work!

Greatest General?

Alexander vs Napoleon vs Hannibal vs Joan:Uh lets see I guess Joan I don't know too much about the other guys!

Cool idea for a thread!See you aruond!JM

KharmaDog
I'd like to see why people think someone may be the greatest other than their personal preference. That is what is interesting. At least to me.

Krissy Von Doom
Alexander:
pros = excellent field commander
cons = unstable, thought he was Achilles resurrected or a descendant of said mythical figure

Hannibal
pros = only commander to seriously threaten roman empire
cons = strictly an "away" commander, lost only battle on his home ground

Caesar
pros = excellent politician
cons = not really a field commander

Leonidas
pros = tough as hell, withstood the force of 600,000 persians with only 300 men
cons = could not control international army, unlike Hannibal and Richard I, lost said battle

eek!

The Omega

Fire
euhm I could be mistaken here but Didn't Hannibal get some help from a few allies (maybe storm or yerss know who I'm talking about) it's a king who came from what is now ex-yugoslavia or whatever :s

anywayz my historic knowledge of that period is not that good

as for the battle at Thermopylae? I think the numbers were vastly overrated as happened more than once in those days

Fire
science: Einstein or Hawkins
Art: Michelangelo
War: I'd have to go for Yamamoto or Rommel

Krissy Von Doom
Hannibal recruited some Gauls who were at war with Rome at the time but he had to convince them that he was the real deal. But basically, the army he entered Italy with is the army that fought through that decade long campaign against Rome, no reinforcements from Carthage reached Hannibal. Philip of Macedon was supposed to be Hannibal's ally but he was too scared to do anything.

Force = mass x acceleration, the only formula I remember from high school physics.
Winner = Newton

The Sistine Chapel looks as though it was painted by god himself.
Winner = Michelangelo

Nazgulinthedark
einsten

micheal angealo

napoleon

yes, i am aware i spelled all of their names wrong..exept i have a good feeling about napolean

KharmaDog
Krissy I agree with you on Alexander, he was a nutcase but he could definately kick ass.

However when you say that ceasar was not a field commander, as a general he handed pompey's and vercingetorix's asses to them. This guy was a wizz with logistics and motivation. Granted he was no Marius, but this guy had talent.

I also take issue with your con on leonidas. He was never meant to control a united hellenistic army, and he was never meant to win at thermopylae, only hold the persians as long as possible.

I'll give you props krissy, you do seem to know your stuff.
wink

furryman
Go Newton's chair!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.