So why did you close my thread in the questions section?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SAtown_punk
There was nothing political about that thread. I was simply saying that I was being silenced for something I believe. When I joined here, I did not know that political and/or religious discussions were not allowed. Granted, I am having a lot fun with this forum, but I would just like to get my message across. You are saying that this is a movie forum. Ok, so why are there threads about books, music, TV, sports, etc.? That is hypocrisy right there. I understand completely what happened in the past, but as we showed each other on the thread of mine that you closed, many of us are perfectly capable of holding a civilized conversation on a topic that can cause heated discussions and loaded feelings, and that alone should be proof enough. Why not open a political forum, monitor it closely, and see who is genuinely capable of keeping their cool in an environment of intensity? And the people who can't do that should be banned. In reality, that won't hurt you at all. If anything, it will help by ridding this forum of the scum who can't accept other's opinions. And while many of the people on this board aren't American, and I didn't know this was a British Forum, they all have probably formed their own opinions on the topics we want to discuss. And while they aren't American, they do deserve a say in discussions about America because the things that happen in this country can hold a huge effect on what happens in their countries. Again, I am not one to cause trouble, nor am I trying to, I would just like to be able to hold political discussions with people who know what they are talking about, and from what I can see, the people who have responded to my threads know what they are talking about. I would like to ask "The powers that be" to please reconsider their decision on a political forum, and take the needed precautionary measures, because I know that I am not the only one who wants this. Thank you.

dave123
one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line

or, if you will, "paragraph"

SAtown_punk
Come again...that was one paragraph.

dave123
exactly, it makes it a lot easier if you break it down into multiple paragraphs to get your point across smile

yerssot
see... the answer (to keep it short) is too fold...
One part is made up by "no", it's negative, it's a denial of something.
Now, this does not stand alone. The other part is "politics" it referes to the political structure of a land or in this case the discussion of the politic.

When we combine these two, we get "no politics".
And that, my dear Watson, is the answer to your question.
Elementry, really.

SAtown_punk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I asked you. Not that your opinion isn't valued, but I would love to hear your reasons for why a political forum shouldn't be brought back. If it's because of fighting that may occur, then that's ridiculous. If the persons involved can't take the heat(if there even is any) then they have no business engaging in discussions that could be inflammatory.

BTW...I didn't divide it into seperate paragraphs because that was essentially one thought.

Ushgarak
I'll just point you again to the post I made in that thread, SAtown- the answer is that we are certain that such an area would have a negative effect overall on the foumrs, and I am sorry you disagree but that is how we think ans how it is going to stay! And that thread was closed down because of the direction certain posters were taking it in.

yerssot
You posted this on a public forum, so everybody from the longest serving member over the admin till the biggest n00b imaginable can come here and give their opinion.

Your way of thinking is nice, but it just can't be done. As said on numerous occasions, we had a forum, we got near a revolution, big bashing-parade going on and all. In other words, people who witnessed it would agree that it's a very unwise thing to do

SAtown_punk
How would it have a negative effect on all forums? The only people going to it would be ones with strong opinions who wanted to express them...

yerssot
and they take their sentiments back to the other sections too

SAtown_punk
Then they should be banned. Look, I understand that I'm pretty much just chasing air here, but I would just like to make it known to "The powers that be" that it IS possible for some of us to hold civilized conversations on heated topics. That's all.

Fire
we know some maybe even most members are capable of doing that SAtown, we also know that some are not we try to keep everyone there best interest and well their joy at heart. That is why the politics forum will NOT be brought back.

rusky
yeah, i remember the politics forum...
only posted there a couple of tuimes and I witnessed some pretty nasty stuff... it'd be cool but unfortunatley it'd only stir up trouble

Ushgarak
We know that. It is simply not possible for the board as a whole to sustain them, though. You massively simplify the situation by thinking that this is simply a matter of banning some troublemakers. Had it been that simple, we would never have shut down the Debating Area in the first place! It was a far more general and insidiuous problem than that and in the end the only recourse was to shut it down and ban the subject matter.

Tex
Very well, do so somewhere else.

You have made your point very clear, and we have made ours.

Dont open another thread on this topic again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.