Why isn't anyone gay in HP?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Amy Black
So why? It's not bad, just a thought. For example, Hermione could have a Will like Grace does, you know. It would be cool, I guess so.
What d'you think?

CoolWizard
Possibly. May I ask if you are gay? Just wondering... wink

tigress
I agree I guess it may be because of the age of consent and the fact that most young men have a hard time coming to terms with their sexuality from the ones I do know, also the fact that the books are aimed at 11 years and up so she may not have wanted to confuse or worry young lads that may be experimenting, another factor is that homosexuality is seen as a taboo by many biggots and is seen as not a good wauy of living I think homosexual people are lovelly and i have many gay friends.

tigress
it doesnt matter wether people are gay or not everyone should respect each other reguardless of their prefrence

CoolWizard
Oh I respect them well enough. Don't put words in my mouth.

tigress
I didnt

CoolWizard
Excellent, then we have no issues except of course the one. I wonder if the others know all about you. I wonder if they know what I know.

tigress
it was my own opinion i wasnt even on about your opinion

CoolWizard
It does not matter now. It is far too late. One way or another it is over today.

tigress
theres nothing to be over leave me alone i did nothing to you except try and be a friend,

Leprechaun
There was nothing to start for it to be 'over' I think you just got your wires crossed and therefore confused. Keep your personal grudges quiet!

Amy Black
To answer your question, no, I'm not gay. I don't know what I am. I'm a straight girl who has really really strong feelings for gay guys. Okay, I'm not saying that if Johnny Depp knocked on my door, I'd say 'Go away'!

BlackHatDefect
Because of intolerant bastards that think anything gay is rated X.I remember an anime came to america(Cardcaptor Sakura if anyone remembers it)

Originally,almsot the whole cast was gay,bi,or lesbian.

However,for SOME reason,teaching children to be tolerant of people who are different just isn't morallistic.

Mr Zero
Sirius Black & Professor Lupin are gay - Rowlins doesn't make a big deal about it: and neither should we.

tigress
nope being gay is fine besides its up to your heart who you fall in love with not society, I for one think it would be a good thing for teenagers to learn about it that way they would spread the word that its not taboo being gay is a way of life.

hugs

LadySlytherin
the actors for sirius and lupin were gay but they still performed brilliantly. i think its the fact that youth are also exposed to the books, and having to explain homo or bisexuality to a child could be complicated. i have many friends who are gay and support them 100%. they're PEOPLE just who make different decisions it doesnt change who they are wink but its just the fact that she might not have wanted to deal with all the letters about a subject as touchy as that. btw hey tigress!!! long time no see!!!

~TheDeppFreak~
EXACTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!
i agree wiv every word of that!

i luv gay guys...they r special wink

LadySlytherin
not to mention fun to shop with big grin

~TheDeppFreak~
yeah!!! laughing

and (coz i luv johnny) i can talk about him and they'd agree....or go along with it stick out tongue happy

~Air Angel~
I totally agree with you LS ^ ~AA~

~Air Angel~
Hey....just a note....keep this thread clean...... I don't mind debates...but do them nicely...I don't want this to be a member bashing thing...........

THANKS! big grin

~AA~

MornGlory
I want Hermione and Ron to hook up!!!!

~Air Angel~
Please use the Hermoine/Ron shipper threads.................. thanx!

tigress
heya hun tiggy hugs to ya

Jackie Malfoy
For one thing it is a children's book and another is that not all books have to have gay chactors in it!Anyway if you want to read about such things read harry potter slash fanfaction it is nasty and sick but if you fancy that sort of thing go ahead.JM

angelsflame265
I think because if someone were to be gay in the story, it would drive people away from the story, it would divert their attention from the story, to this person being gay

LadySlytherin
like i said before, the subject IS rather touchy. im sure that it wouldnt be a morality issue if there was a person in the books, but jk would have to deal with a lot more probably. parents reading the books might have to try and explain what that is to a child, which can be very delicate and frustrating...i just didnt think she wanted to deal with mail bashing her from angry parents or something wink doesnt mean shes not all for it. you never know, people view issues different ways depending on values, morals and how they were brought up wink

tigress
very true hun

Jackie Malfoy
~EDITED BY PHOE~

In future, please refrain from making derogatory comments based on someones sexuality

A4E
wow if phoe edited it must b nasty!! stick out tongue lol
keep it clean JM nono
And, btw i couldnt care less if the book has a gay/lesbian character in ***, it owuld make it rather more interensting, and well, harry potter boks are nt exactly child novels JM, they're gettin darker, i dunno anyone under 12 who has read it, so well, y r we discussing it, is JK's choice big grin
and btw, the actors that act luoin and sirius, the;re gay? thats sumthihn i didnt know, r they a couple??

Jackie Malfoy
Sorry I did get carryed away yea audlt reads harry potter too.But it still does not mean they are young kid's books.Anyway no Sirus and Lipton are best friends acouse they are not gay.
I reallly don't see where you guys are trying to say about people being distracted while reading the books.If the chactors are gay then I would just stop reading it right then.
There is no need to rid a book like that in any way.JM

>Devil's_Hal
laughing

~Freak-N-Crazy~
This thread is interesting shifty

>Devil's_Hal
evillaugh.......:P

~Freak-N-Crazy~
I think u mean stick out tongue

>Devil's_Hal
yeah.....LOL.... shifty

tigress
the actors arent gay the characters are just friends lol, but it wouldnt bother me if they were gay anyway

FoamyFan
i happen to have a friend that is BI but i didn't treat him any differently
when i found out.

FoamyFan
when you love someone or care for them...it souldn't matter how they are...if it does...then your not a friend at all.

zombieman
How do you know that nobody in Harry Potter is gay? All of the children are to young to be sure of their sexuality and most of the adults don't seem to have partners, theres a fair chance one of them could be gay.

lioness_pride
ur rite, this is gettin interestin. and A4E, i kno alot of people under 12 who have read all the HP books (for example my !sister!) and realy like them. but i do think that JK should keep it in mind that alot of younger children like the book and she should not get too carried away with things like harry and cho. but there are lots of people lik me who read the first book when they were lik 9 or whtever and we dont want to get bored.... ok, im starting another debate with myself....

DanZeke25
no... just plain no... i wouldn't like it... i don't think it fits in HP and plus.. there are kids reading it too... or watching the movie, but still... no

BlackHatDefect
SEE???SEE????Thais is why I hate England and AMERICA!

So what kids would be subjected to homosexuallity.It would provide a better chance to learn to tolerate others.I truly believe that a little bit of gay love isn't that bad compared to amny of the things children are subjected to on tv.Parents should be more concerned with violence,because I can't remember the last time romance has ever killed anybody!

shaber
As an interviewer once said, "(HP) is a very consevative world..."

A4E
u mean conservative? stick out tongue lol

but i agree with BlackHatDefect
and also lion sumthin pride, u see the book HP is generally for teens, if there r kids reading it, not JK's fault, if there's sumone gay in HP, and parent of little kids dun want their childs 2 read it, welltoo bad, but the REAL audience (us teens) is the one that matters, that's y HP has romantic moments, dark moments, comic moments, etc. things that us TEENS like erm

lioness_pride
yea ,i kno its for teens but im just saying JK shouldnt get too carried away with dark moments and romance. its kinda like telling kids 'ok, you can read the first three books but no more untill youir a little older.
and i really dont think that anyone should be gay in HP

impatientinky
just cause it's totally ok to be gay doesn't mean it has to be squeezed in every book, in paticular books that were made for kids. i don't think an 11 year old should wonder " why is he kissing a guy?" or what not. the books are made for entertainment, not teaching kids about sexuality.
jmho

>Devil's_Hal
EXACTLY!!!!
couldn't of put it better myself!!! (i swear i've said that b4 shock)

i mean...i respect gay ppl...in a way I THINK THEY'RE R AWSOME!!!

lioness_pride
yes, but like impatientinky said, this book isnt made for that. and too much romance would make the magic not as exciting. dont get me wrong i hav nothin against gay people.

impatientinky
i just wanted to add that i have nothing what so ever against gay poeple. as a matter of fact i have a very good friend that's gay and he is totally fun. we used to go out together all the time and discuss the cute guys before i moved here. anyway, i just don't think hp is the right book (series)....and i hope poeple don't start yelling at me now embarrasment

~Freak-N-Crazy~
U have got a point there are a lot of people who would probally b asking there parents...Whats gay and blah blah blah laughing Acctually that would b kinda funny

Orlando´s Angel
it be weird to have a gay character in hp . . . not that i have something against them, they are say that they are really good friends for women

and imagen a gay in the dormitor whit all the boys ! lol

>Devil's_Hal
yeah...it'd b funny if Malfoy turned out 2 b gay...or Bi tho...maybeerm

Orlando´s Angel
no, malfoy no, crabbe or goyle would be best ! *lol*

>Devil's_Hal
laughing yeah.....or....or.....SNAPE!!!! hysterical

~Freak-N-Crazy~
laughing or Ron......Nevil hysterical

lioness_pride
i think hagrid

lioness_pride
jk

shanie623
Interesting thread. Oddly enough, I was going to make one like this.

Anyways, I agree with what most of the people said. Homosexuality is a touchy subject to explain to a child who reads the books. Although, what about the "violence" and the deaths in it? They're touchy subjects too, right? Well, I have two thoughts on this.

One is that there ARE gay characters in the Harry Potter books, it just isn't specifically pointed out. Like Proffessor Lupin and Sirius Black for instance... (and this isn't because I ship them ok! stick out tongue) I think they're queer because come on! they're not married! lol... and I think they asolutely make a GREAT couple! hihihihi...

Two is that there's supposed to be gay characters.. I mean, not all witches and wizards are straight you know! They're in their teen/hormone years... heh... For all we know, Harry turns out queer later on. Though I doubt it, seeing as he was so unhealthily obsessed with Cho Chang. lol

LadySlytherin
POSTED BY BLACKHATDEFECT:
SEE???SEE????Thais is why I hate England and AMERICA!

So what kids would be subjected to homosexuallity.It would provide a better chance to learn to tolerate others.I truly believe that a little bit of gay love isn't that bad compared to amny of the things children are subjected to on tv.Parents should be more concerned with violence,because I can't remember the last time romance has ever killed anybody!
-------------------------------------------------------------
while i agree on the violence issue, there are still a large amount of conservative people out there...trying to explain to a child what being homosexual involves could lead to a whole vestige of new things. im not saying its wrong, im all for personal happiness and have lots of friends who are gay, but i dont think that jk wants to put such a controversial issue in a book.

angelsflame265
even though it is a tad late for that stick out tongue

Jackie Malfoy
Great get kids to learn about stuff like that in a younger age would be great it would really mess them up.Right now they use gay as in saying insults like something like "That guy is so gay(stupid)or whatever.
To tell a kid about gays is awful.If the parents don't want them to know about it until they are older then fine.But there is no reason to ruin a great book like harry potter with this gay stuff.
No reason and pointless.JM

~Freak-N-Crazy~
yes

Orlando´s Angel
just wat she say ! ^^ ^_^

>Devil's_Hal
LOL....same here.....i second that!

~Freak-N-Crazy~
yes & I'll say it again stick out tongue

LadySlytherin
yep

tigress
all kids do that any way kids can be very cruel even if they dont know what theyre saying.

each to their own opinion I guess.

~Devil's_Halo~
yeah....i think it's really kool wen gay ppl actually say that they ARE gay!
it'd take alot just 2 do that!...

...that makes sense, right? blink

FoamyFan
i believe you souldn't lie to kids...tell them the truth...and tell them that it is ok to be gay...it's they're desision

~Devil's_Halo~
yeah... Happy Dance

Orlando´s Angel
they sometimes can get confuse about that. . . .dontgetit

~Devil's_Halo~
yeah...and we ppl get confused about that kinda stuff...things can go wrong no expression

like on Gothika! shocking

~Freak-N-Crazy~
blink...Um yes *agrees*

Amy Black
Wow, that's all really interesting. I think everyone of you is right.
But I also think that people should explain their children everything, so these children will be more open to all these things in the world, and they will accept people for who they are, and won't judge people because of their beliefs, religion, colors or even sexuality.

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Yay Im right....cry 4 once

Orlando´s Angel
wow! finally .. .

~Devil's_Halo~
same here eek!
i'm so special happy

Orlando´s Angel
lol , if you say so . . . lol

ladygrim
i think that some of the characters are obviously gay ... but like they say further on the page it wud mess kids minds up ...

Phoenix
Has anyone read 'So you want to be a wizard?'? Because that has a gay couple in it, just not obviously gay, nor does it ever state they are gay, but it is commonly excepted that they are gay.

((btb, the book is aimed at young teens and children))

~Freak-N-Crazy~
blink...Neva herd of it

~Devil's_Halo~
neither...

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Hmmm....Strange as we r always in the libary....Maybe its bcoz we r always trying 2 get some1 net password erm

~Devil's_Halo~
laughing
yeah....remember wen i got ur password and u couldn't remember it??!?!?!?!??!!? hysterical2

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Oh yeah....Its PussInSlippers now yes...I havn't forgotten

~Devil's_Halo~
laughing

~Freak-N-Crazy~
stick out tongue

~Devil's_Halo~
mad

~Freak-N-Crazy~
mad?

~Devil's_Halo~
MG= mad

~Freak-N-Crazy~
LOL laughing I just discovered y HP aint gay....Mg aint in it :P

~Devil's_Halo~
dance u have a VERY good point....and yesterday....i was trying 2 get him 2 come in here! shock
lucky he didn't no expression

~Freak-N-Crazy~
LOL laughing...U 2 were friends...big grin...Have u deleted him

~Devil's_Halo~
no....i'm giving him 1 last chance...if he does all that again...then i will shock

music: dun dun DUUUNNNN!!!

~Freak-N-Crazy~
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.....he will piss u off but u wont delete him

~Devil's_Halo~
dont b so sure of ueself!

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Im not stick out tongue

~Devil's_Halo~
good!

Orlando´s Angel
hey, ones i read a comic of hp, were ron and malfoy were faigthing for harrys love! can you beleive it!, and it has images of 3 of them . . . . kissing each other, it was gros . . . and i cant tell wath they were doing next . . . ( still more gross )

Merry Lover
What makes you think there are no gay people in Harry Potter, Amy?
There are heaps of people (including me) who are Remus/Sirius shippers... big grin

lioness_pride
thre very well could be gay ppls in HP, but it is not obvious. why is every one so obbsessed with sirius/remus?
iv read so you want to be a wizard, but it was a while ago. which couple are you thinkin of? stick out tongue

Fallin Angel
hmmm, very interesting topic.....

ladygrim
erm

~Devil's_Halo~
yeah...it is actaully...coz of every1's diff oppinion's yes (sp LOL)

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Hmmmmmmmmm......................LOOK BUNNIES *follows bunnies*

~Devil's_Halo~
....y r bunnies taking up the whole forum these days? roll eyes (sarcastic)

~Freak-N-Crazy~
ANOTHER BUNNY eek!

ladygrim
i was thinking that myself...

tigress
Bunnies lmao,

ok back to the actual tpopic in hand. 'grins' I agree every one has their own views on this subject but as long as were all rational we can have a debate.

Myself dont see anything wrong if JK had or does make any of the characters homosexual, everyone is entitled to love afterall we cant chose who we love.

Orlando´s Angel
yes, but think of the children ! ( that sound very . . . bad )

nnnaaaahhh

dont you think some people could protest and say * no thats not good for the childre, how could JK write stuff like that if she knows the children read that stuff * well . . .

angelsflame265
Well. . .also it would have nothing to do with the plot of the story. . it kinnda drives the story away from the plot

Orlando´s Angel
yeah, in a way

~Freak-N-Crazy~
IM HYPOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

~Devil's_Halo~
hyper

*DON_KEY*
Yer Yer......so am i........big grin

~Freak-N-Crazy~
erm

~Devil's_Halo~
skdjhgfbhjlselsdbfglsdfbgjkladbfhj hyper

~Freak-N-Crazy~
That was so yesterday Bonk

*DON_KEY*
No its so today adfj,m,sdgmsdbmsdkjbsdlkg

~Freak-N-Crazy~
No really...it was yesterday....thats when I was doing it

~Devil's_Halo~
laughing out loud

~Freak-N-Crazy~
yes

~Devil's_Halo~
wacko

~Freak-N-Crazy~
erm

ladygrim
i am sure smileys are invading the HP threads

A4E
ok i could not disagree with u any more!!
y would kids turn to b a mess when they grow up if they know, that a girl or a boy is capable of loving someone of the same sex??
that is just stupid! and yes i agee with impatienky that we shouldnt squish something gay in every book, that's y it's not ou desicion, but if someone turns out to b gay in HP, it would not b bad, if freak asses parents think that homosexuality is wrong, well then their kid wont b able to read HP, who cares?! it's their decision roll eyes (sarcastic) I actually quite agree with the people who teaches their kids about homosexuality when they're young

PS: sorry to quote this i kno is really old, but since no one said nythin 'bout it i quote it

angelsflame265
umm yea guys don't post spam

lioness_pride
helloooo. oh goody more debating...
i thnk its up to the parents when kids learn abt homosexuality but its not like they are going to say. 'oh thats a lovely book you have there but im afraid youll have to let me read it first to make sure there are no gay people in it.'

Orlando´s Angel
m m m m m m . .. . .

*DON_KEY*
Ok mayby it was yesterday....................*Walks of in shame*

~Devil's_Halo~
yeah...very god argeuments!!! (sp)

i AgReE rock

*DON_KEY*
Holy crap.............. i think I walked in on the wring point of that argumrnt.shifty

ladygrim
no expression

A4E
veerybody u betta quote my argument! GRR! wip

~Freak-N-Crazy~
WTF???.....erm

~Devil's_Halo~
i did confused

~Freak-N-Crazy~
No U didn't stick out tongue That was the cow

~Devil's_Halo~
shocking

~Freak-N-Crazy~
Yup a cow

~Devil's_Halo~
me? cry

~Freak-N-Crazy~
No the cow stick out tongue

~Devil's_Halo~
ooooooohhh confused

~Freak-N-Crazy~
stick out tongue

~Devil's_Halo~
i hate cows sick

~Freak-N-Crazy~
LOL

*DON_KEY*
LMFAO

powerfulone1987
So are you a vegetarian then?

~Devil's_Halo~
no....i luv meat....i'm just saying that i hate cows yes

powerfulone1987
so you hate cows alive and love them dead, interesting.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>