New Hitchhikers Guide trailer and pictures

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JamalMagloire
Saw this on yahoo movies and thought I'd share:

http://www.cinecon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=243389#post243389

:.Space Opera.:
why does it say may 6 2004<-----

Mr Zero
I'd seen the trailer before, but not the artwork for the heart of gold... not what i expected - but funny- and thats what counts.

AMN Inc
Before Douglass Adams died he said H2G2 was "soon to be a major motion picture". I thought it was a joke. How are they gonna fit the entire story into one movie? It's no where near possible.

JamalMagloire
Sure it is - curious to why you think that? I know there are 5 books in the series, but the movie is only the 1st one.

Telemicus
Did you see the BBC TV series, wasn't that about the first two books, with the resturant at the end of the universe? Its been so long since I read them, but watched the old TV series just the other week and it still cracks me up.
Martin Freeman (The Office) will be superb as Arthur Dent.
Not sure about Mos Def as Ford though...

AMN Inc
There are going to be five movies? I guess it's possible then. But am I to understand that this will be a Disney movie? Can't really talk about triple-breasted whores from Eroticon 6 then. Also this will be the first adaptation of the story without Adams. I'm a little bit skeptical.

thegreatrudini
there series is class ive got the dvd's. Remember staying up and watching it as a kid lol

Londonboy7
It was a joke..........
This is awsome I love the books

Kamion
this will be so much better than the last movie.
And the books are hilarious.

Dont forget to miss when you aim for the ground.

JamalMagloire
Adams is not absent from this film. He was almost finished writing the script when he died.

thegreatrudini
Kamion they havent done a movie of it befor no no think u mean the bbc series

JamalMagloire
Ya, you must be thinking of the BBC mini-series. There were no other versions made which is why I'm so excited for this new one.

scott hiwersh
Adams wrote the majority of this script. It was NOT a joke. He had a heavy hand in the making of this film. Plus, the BBC RADIO series was around BEFORE the books. The books were written after the radio series, and were not the same story. One of the coolest things about Hitchhikers is that each version was a little different. The same characters and personalities, etc. but the story has varied each time. I think this will be awesome, IMO.

JamalMagloire
"This next exclusive presentation proved the incredible graciousness of the studio and filmmakers involved. We were treated to a slide show (a BNAT first) of production artwork and stills from The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. We saw some beautiful shots of the Heart of Gold, Marvin, Deep Thought (imagine an enormous Buddha-like computer with it's monitor shaped head in it's hands resting in the middle of the jungle). We also saw the first look at the Vogons which looked, remarkably, exactly like Vogons, all the while without appearing at all how I pictured them. But I dig it. I dig it deep. This movie is going to own all of our puny non-planet sized brains soon enough."

http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=18979

JamalMagloire
*bump*

There has been a lot of stuff released, thought I'd update the thread with the new one sheet. Thoughts?

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/article/579/579545/HHGG_Onesheet_288_1105665172.jpg

scott hiwersh
If you look at a bigger pic of the one-sheet, you can see a cup of tea and the whale! I also hope they keep the 42 on EVERYTHING.

I am not really sure if this is new or if it has been around for years or what, but it is cool as hell if you have read the books. http://www.lunkwillfook.com/

Snakebyte
dunno, if its old or new...

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/034/034017/imgs_1.html

some pics of the vogons and marvin. big grin

theez1
Release date has been moved up one week from May 6 to Apr 29 according to the official web site.

TheForceSupreme
There you go.

http://www.dontwalk-run.com/Hitchhikersguide.mov

JamalMagloire
Bummer - that link doesn't work. But I also saw it on the front page of Amazon.com. I loved the trailer though, pretty funny stuff. The cast all seems to mesh pretty good and the effects were pretty sweet.

big grin

Alatopel
Awsome trailer, though I think it could have done with a good chord or three from Journy of the Sourcerer right at the "Hang on! We're hitching a ride!" scene. It'd been beautiful. I was impressed enough that they managed to work the only other song in - What a Wonderful World - during the first trailer, but at least they'll still have Journy as the title theme.

Wolfie
It doesn't look too bad. Few movies live up to the books, that's why I'm a little skeptical.

Oh well, never read them so I won't know the difference! big grin

scott hiwersh
Yeah but I defend that this whole story isn't about the books... It was a radio series first anyways... I think it looks pretty on, and from what the trailer shows, the personalities of the characters are pretty on-target as well.

JamalMagloire
Did you all notice what the alarm clock said in the pening sequence of the trailer? If not go back and check it out. I've been going back to see what else I can pick up from the trailer.

Trippy
I am currently reading the books (on the 3rd one now) and from what ive seen from hte new trailer i think this movies going to suck. Guess ill have to wait and find out. Im very skeptical that they will come close to what Douglass Adams had in mind.

Just my 2 cents.
Trip

vaya_the_elf
Can't wait for this movie to come out

shaber
I'm going to subject you to some vogon poetry.

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by shaber
I'm going to subject you to some vogon poetry.

Then do it stick out tongue

shaber
Ohhhhhh you are foolhardy eek!

vaya_the_elf
Originally posted by shaber
Ohhhhhh you are foolhardy eek!

No. Just looking for trouble

Julie
this actually looks so stupid it might be good

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by Trippy
I am currently reading the books (on the 3rd one now) and from what ive seen from hte new trailer i think this movies going to suck. Guess ill have to wait and find out. Im very skeptical that they will come close to what Douglass Adams had in mind.

Just my 2 cents.
Trip

Douglas Adams was involved with this when he died. I don't think it is going to be far off.

Hey, has anyone been to the website lately? They updated - Marvin is on it now talking:

http://hitchhikers.movies.go.com/

RBellaFan
I wasn't that interested when I heard about this movie but after seeing the trailers and the site, I'm definitely looking forward to it now. Looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

scott hiwersh
Are they showing that new trailer in theaters? I like that newer one, and would like to see it there. I would be so scared to take on this book and make it a movie, but it looks like they did a good job. I just can't wait to see how they do certain parts, I hav been re-reading it and there are so many parts that are going to be interesting on screen. Crazy.

Cinemaddiction
The newest trailer tagged onto "Sin City" was excellent. It had a Monty Python kind of feel to it in the "movie trailer" parody angle. Great stuff, and looks to be a fun movie overall.

ragesRemorse
I am anxious to see this movie. The book is just so god damn funny. Just wander why they would even try to do this story with only one movie.

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The newest trailer tagged onto "Sin City" was excellent. It had a Monty Python kind of feel to it in the "movie trailer" parody angle. Great stuff, and looks to be a fun movie overall.

I read somewhere that they put the trailer in the theatre (it wasn't orginally planned) because there was such a strong response to it online!

Reviews are slowly coming out (possible spoilers):
http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/incinemas/ReviewInFull.asp?FID=9807

Good part:
"DON'T PANIC, fervent Douglas Adamites. This movie adaptation of the TV adaptation of the novelisation of the radio series is about as faithful as you can get. Yes, it's been tweaked and twizzled, with a romance inserted here, a new character plopped down there, but everything you love about The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy remains intact - not to mention reinvigorated by its big-screen reincarnation."

eek!

Lana
I can't wait for this movie big grin

fruits
hey, i just started reading the book, pretty cool!!! ive only gotten to the part where the earth was blown up though.

ragesRemorse
that book is funny as hell

vaya_the_elf
Who thinks the movie will be good?

Lana
I love the book...the commercials look great...I think it'll be good yes

Soth
THe new trailer that's out (I saw in front of Sin City) is awesome...I love how it makes fun of movie trailers....friggin' hilarious

JamalMagloire
Originally posted by vaya_the_elf
Who thinks the movie will be good?

I think it will rock. Today I found some really cool stuff on Movie Web that I think you guys will like. The Vogons looks like they will be so cool.

Behind-the-scenes of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with 4 new video featurettes

Soth
The newest one is currently on trailers.apple.com

FlappingMangera
the last trailer is def the best thing going. There is a pretty cool clip up at moviefone too though.

http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/firstlook.adp

scott hiwersh
Originally posted by JamalMagloire
I think it will rock. Today I found some really cool stuff on Movie Web that I think you guys will like. The Vogons looks like they will be so cool.

Behind-the-scenes of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with 4 new video featurettes

They do look good, so nasty and bureaucratic looking... LOL...

NoDefeat
Actually the website and trailer on it have given me some renewed hope for the film. From the trailers I saw on TV recently I thought it was going to be bad especially since I remember the TV series (Great TV series by the way) So maybe I will go and see it smile

Filmmaker451
I love the books. Hopefully this movie will be a great adaption of them or which ever ones will be in the movie. I loved the offbeatness of the trailer but the teaser was better because of the music and the idea of having the earth blow up and then have the screen freeze and say '' Don't panic! ''. The posters are very well layed out.

Here's a quote I came up with:

'' On april 29th the answer to life, the universe and everything is 42 so take your towels and hitch a ride because somewhere in space an adventure awaits ''

SpikeSpiegel
I've just bought the book (the normal version not the film version as it said the film one was a film tie-in version) and it seems really good...can't wait for the film

Filmmaker451
For those who are seeing the film today can you tell me how the narnia trailer was?(Not what was in it I don't want you to spoil it for me but how good it was)

Myth
I found the movie a little disappointing. The opening is the best part. 6/10

Bardock42
You remember that old TV Series oh it was so good...I hope that movie is good too well in Germany I still have to wait......Dammit.

But its a great book

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Soth
THe new trailer that's out (I saw in front of Sin City) is awesome...I love how it makes fun of movie trailers....friggin' hilarious

how does it make fun of movie trailers?

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Filmmaker451
For those who are seeing the film today can you tell me how the narnia trailer was?(Not what was in it I don't want you to spoil it for me but how good it was)

your really worried about someone spoiling a trailer for you?

Alpha Centauri
I liked the movie, it falls in places but it's good Saturday night fun.

Saw it tonight.

-AC

Myth
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
how does it make fun of movie trailers?

There is a commercial out that has the narrator explain the stereotypical movie trailer. Its friggin funny.

MC Mike
Better than your average popcorn movie, but no masterpiece.

7/10

ATL
I haven't read the book yet but some ppl from another forum was yapping about the towel thing??? Said it wasn't explained? confused

Filmmaker451
It comes to my country like may 5th or may 12th or something? Probably may 12th, I don't know.

FlappingMangera
Saw it over the weekend and loved it, marvin really steals the show

Trippy
Im going to go nuts, its at the local theater and still havent had a chance to see it. Is there any one that seen it and read the books too? if so how was it!?!

TX!
i seen it yesterday and i have to agree with flappingmangera i absolutely loved it.....it was a great movie what more could i say but awesome movie smile

shaber

Solo
It was great adaptation of the book. I really enjoyed it.

Trippy
eek! Happy Dance eek!

vaya_the_elf
Love this movie. Very funny, and I think they did a good job.

They did leave a lot out, but that happens most of the time.

Other than that there were no complains from me.

Think its a fun filled movie.

b-dan
im srry to say that movie was major crap i cant belive i went to see that than house of wax i missed seeing paris die

ragesRemorse
is everyone going friggin nutty? That flick was long and dull.

Ya Krunk'd Floo
When they all turn into knitted doll people...cute and funny. Good moogle.

Lord Melkor
This film was great! The opening song was genius.

KillerLady
*bump

Figured I'd bump this thread since the DVD is coming out (in America) very soon-- the 13th to be exact. Anyone getting it?

KillerLady
Hellooo??? Did anyone end up getting it? Tell me about the special features. please...

Wolfie
I rented it. It wasn't bad. The robot played by Alan Rickman was pretty cool.

JamalMagloire

KillerLady
Originally posted by Wolfie
I rented it. It wasn't bad. The robot played by Alan Rickman was pretty cool.

That's it?! That's all i get?! Did you get to see the extras, or just the movie since it was rented??

Wolfie
Just the movie. 1-day rental ripoff and I had a lot to do so I just barely had the time to watch it.

KillerLady
oh....well i heard they had fake deleted scenes, which is why I was asking. let me know if you get a chance to see any of them...

fruits
i got the DVD. haven't watched the extras yet, but i loved the movie. great!!! hilarious. everything a good movie should be.

KillerLady
Let me know when you get a chance to watch the extras! Thanks!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.