The history of the potato

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Zero

dave123
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/whocares1.jpg

shellie
i knew i shouldnt have come in here....reading that made my headache growsad

damn you Zmad

ninjasorry , i had to vent ......thanks sweetie

Mr Zero
Sorry to hear you have a headache Shellbert. An old folk remedy for headaches is to lay down and put half a potato on your forehead.

The Tired Hiker
Is it true that the potato has more vitamin C than an orange? If so, I want to be able to purchase potato juice at my local market. yes

shellie
Z > thanks hun *sighs*

preston > you can , its called Vodkawink

The Tired Hiker
No shit? eek! And you can mix the Vodka with orange juice! big grin I'm going to drink that tonight after work!

shellie
Vodka is nasty sick

Tequila , Rum or Grand Marnier thumb up much better

Mr Zero
Yes the potato is packed with vitamin C: Freshly dug the tater has 30mg of vitamin C per 100 gms. Think about that people. 30mg per 100gms.

Even after long term storage it only drops to 8 mg per.

The Tired Hiker
Hmm, I never knew that. Thanks Z! smile

Mr Zero
Ok where were we? 1570..Europe.. 1780 Ireland.

Actually thats too much of a leap: Much happened to the tater in those 200+ years. Despite the fact that the potato was a wonderment people on mainland Europe viewed it with suspicion.

It's a member of the nightshade family which have always had bad press. (The leaves of the Potato plant are poisonous! Fact!) And our chum the potato was thought of as unholy, primitive and (get this) unhealthy (those fools!).

Finally one of the great Potato heroes, Frederick the great of Prussia got his chum King William of Germany on board with his potato plan and they began to introduce the potato across Germany. 1740 was a great year for potato lovers as it was finally being cultivated properly as a staple crop. Hurrah!

Nazgulinthedark
idaho droolio

mc pee pants
the potato is mean. it almost eradicated the irish. but in redemption, potato decided to make vodka droolio discos

lil bitchiness
This is by far the most fabulous thread you made MrZ. hah...

Mr Zero
What? Even better than my "I want Lil B to dress up in kitty ears and ride me round the room like a pony" thread...?

Oh..wait - i chickened out of submitting that one. yeah this one is the best...

lil bitchiness
Ok NOW i feel super special - I almost had a kinky thread made about me. Thats was the best of ''almost made'' threads by 0.

Mr Zero
Amazing... whats not to love?

http://www.buypotatoseed.com//potatopicts/Mvc-008s.jpg

lil bitchiness
Yeah - truly amazing. The Potatos are simply magical... and tasty

Mr Zero
If someone had told you a few scant months ago that you'd be posting in Mr Zeros thread about potatoes, pandering to his psychosis - agreeing with him how great they were - you'd have thought them quite deluded.

Its a funny old world.

MornGlory
LOVE potatoes- my favorite- Love augraten potatoes with cheese

Potatoes are evil because they have tons of carbs

lil bitchiness
Yeah. If anyone ever told me id post in your thread without closing it, i would think them quite deluded.
And if they told me many things that had happened recently would - I would have laughed at them - out loud.

I love it when stuff go unpredictable - in a good way rather than bad way - its all the excitement of not really knowing what to do.

Mr Zero
All low carb fad diet BS aside - you and your love for the tater are welcome in this thread. Please feel free to share any Potato related stories and/or pictures you might have.

lil bitchiness
Thats why you warent supposed to mix carbohydrates with proteins in your diet - so, eat potatos but dont eat meat.

Lianslo
I do love potatoes...mashed potatoes are one of my favorite foods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.