Who has the saddest story?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sailormoon
So who do you think has the saddest past, power, or story? By the way, I mean boo hoo sad not lame sad.

As for saddest power, I would say Rogue. I mean, think about going through life without physically touching anyone? sad

Shadow_King
ya thats sad. and also i feel sad for beast.

sailormoon
You mean because of his appearance? That he can't be human again?

Shadow_King
yep.

pr1983
beast or rogue id say, or maybe cyke, his son get sent to the future and his wife died three times.

ScarletSpider
Magneto had a sordid past. The holocaust, losing your first child, your wife running away. Discovering you have two more children, just for them to disown you, and most recently your daughter just went crazy insane and was magically lobotomized. Although, since he used to act the ass all the time, it makes it hard to sympathize with him at times.

platinumx
beast wasnt always blue and furry so he has an idea of what its like to be "normal" or at least not blue. I wonder what would happen if he shaved? oh yeah magneto has the worst past.

Shadow_King
ummmmm professor x has had a sad past.

Paola
My british ninja cry

Jury
hmmmm shifty quite related here:

Dramatize your X-Men life

crazyspinz
sad past = wolverine

its sad because we dont know what it is, AND MARVEL STILL WONT SHUT UP ABOUT IT

i have vented, thank you

blueysgirl82
I agree That Rogue has the worst Power

But I also Feel sorry for Logan cause he doesn't know who he is. wink laughing out loud

eristole
my vote goes for betsy, being forced to a different body, losing her brother. losing her powers, being beat up by sabretooth, the list goes on and on, and then getting killed by vargas sad

Paola
oh the pain.... cry

bester
I agree!!! Cyclops has the saddest story... hehehe

eleveninches
1.Cable
2.Logan
3.Magneto
4.Scott
5.Rogue
6.Rachel (true past from DOFP)

LISA-J
Rogue-because of her power,same for beast and cyke's because how many times and in how many x-men comic universes does he have to lose jean.

radioboy121
Wolverine. His memories are so garbled, he has little to no past to cling to.

Irish Wolverine
Yeah, but Beast isn't really a brooding guy. Has he ever really made a huge deal about looking the way he does?

crazyspinz
u all talk about beast being differant looking, night crawler had it way worse than him, the guy looks like the frikin devil.

wolverines past only sucks because marvel wont shut up about it, the Xmen has turn into "lets look at wolvies sad past with back up dancers (xmen)"

SnakeEyes
there are many with sad pasts, like Magneto, Beast, Nightcrawler, and so on. But i would still have to say Wolverine. I mean anyone who has read origin should know how sad his childhood alone is. He is always sick, is tormented by "Dog", his Dad is killed right in front of him and his mother commits suicide. The only person that he still cares for is Rose, who is eventually killed by Logan himself (an accident). Through in the facts that he does not know his past, has had more people close to him murdered, and that he will never find out what has happened to him. That makes for a VERY sad past...

poncho73
I have to go with Sailor on this one, It has to be Rogue. There are those who are Virgins by choice (Nuns, Monks, etc), and those who can't do much to change it. In the movie she is a teenager and the hormones are ragin'. This can only happen with a female: If this was a male, the (blue-balled) character would have been killed after the initial 10 state killing spree

raventears
Don't forget him loosing Mariko.

norrin radd
Magneto and rogue for the reasons already stated. wolverine also read origin.

silver surfer has also a sad past, he had to gave up of his girlfriend, his fammily, his planet, to save them. but at least they are alive.

norrin radd

jayson
what! i thought they cleared up all that old bollocks in origin or are marvel still ripping you x-fans off?

eleveninches
HE still doesnt know who he is, but we do. Apparently, he keeps meeting his real brother every few years, but his healing factor makes him forget all about him

jayson
what a farce! let me get this straight as i haven't read origin. he doesn't know who he is but y'all do? confused and he has a brother that he doesn't remember on account of his healing factor? roll eyes (sarcastic) what a gip, man! y'all ever get the feeling your being swindled? laughing out loud

eleveninches
Xavier knew about his brother, but didnt tell logan because charles wanted logan all for himself as an x-man. Even after xavier died, his spirit kept telling logan to forget about his brother

norrin radd

jayson
why? what's up with his brother?

eelectric_diva
Storm, Loses her folkes and then being brought up as a theif, and then the fact she must control all of her emotions since she is linked to the weather, everyone knows if she is upset.....bugga

And Kurt, it aint easy being blue, and his mum is such a cow at times.....

LISA-J
So storm can't always control herself,poor rogue can never control her powers-she has to be the saddest of the x-men.

Nathaniel Grey
Mr. Sinister. His past is probably one of the saddest known. He was shunned and ousted by his colleagues for his views on evolution and the possibility of " mutant " species. Called a madman and raving lunatic he lost his child to genetic defects which caused him to go even more insane which caused him to draw away from his wife and obsess over his work. Then she became ill while he'd gone mad searching for answers and then finally realized that she needed him only to find out she was pregnant and dying. Then when he said he wanted to help her and change...she told him it was too late and that she hated him and he was a despicable man...who was Sinister. Then she died which caused him to seek out Apocalypse and become the creature he is today. Now if that ain't sad...I don't know what is.

radioboy121

Sage26
Rogue never be able to touch any person. At least, beast can touch everybody.

LISA-J
Exactly,which is my argument for her having the saddest story-at least out of the x-men.

crazyspinz
id have to say anyone in the AoA timeline has a mutch sadder story than anyone mentioned here. that whole thing was kinda depressing, but it kicked total ass at the same time

roguegirl15
Rogue-not being able to get touchy close with someone you love thats gotta suck.If she were to lose her powers for a day-she'd probably be all over everyone .hugkiss

Lady_Jade
Storm. I was so sad when I read about what happened to her parents. She was so young.

lupisnoctis1286
I would say that Logan, Scott, and Magneto have some of the saddest stories around.

Paola
Rachel sad

apoc001
If you don't think right off the bat that Wolverine's had the hardest life I highly recommend reading Origin if you haven't already. He's had pretty much the same problems as everyone else (except Rogue) and then some.

supreme_being
This is prrob the most obvious one like but what about jean grey, i mean going from marvel girl to jean grey to the phoenix, from being this shy little girl to this monster, how cud u deal with killing people then... seeing ur husband or watever have an affair with emma, to then being killed 3 times, to find urself not dead but stuck in the white hot room lookin for peices of urself, can u imagine dying and then being brought back to life to thyem die agen then brought back to life over and over agen, there wud come a point where u wud just wanna die! like com on, constantly being brougth back, u wud be emotionally scared forever, being shattered every where becuz of some creature....seriously like u wud just wanna die!

Cosmic Flame
What about Maddie? She had a pretty screwed up life, seeing as how she didn't really have one.

wannabe
Nightcrawler:
-abandoned by his mother after his birth...thrown down a waterfall actually
-outcast from birth due to his appearance
-hated by his stepbrother
-presented in a circus like a monstrosity
-used as a tool to bring down his own cherished religion
-used by his father to conquer the world

Skippy_thefish
Originally posted by eleveninches
HE still doesnt know who he is, but we do. Apparently, he keeps meeting his real brother every few years, but his healing factor makes him forget all about him

is this what happened in The End? I got so lost by the end of that run...

xmarksthespot
Colossus:
He thought his brother died.
His sister is kidnapped and her childhood stolen.
His sister "dies" and is reborn in a younger form.
His brother is found alive but then later dies.
His parents die.
His sister dies.
He "dies" saving the rest of mutantkind.
He's revived, held prisoner and experimented on until he's finally freed.

apoc001
Originally posted by wannabe
Nightcrawler:
-abandoned by his mother after his birth...thrown down a waterfall actually
-outcast from birth due to his appearance
-hated by his stepbrother
-presented in a circus like a monstrosity
-used as a tool to bring down his own cherished religion
-used by his father to conquer the world

Alright then...
Wolverine:
-spent his childhood full of allergies
-had his father shot right in front of him
-was abandoned by all his surviving family
-had to slave away in a mine since his early teens to survive
-accidently killed the girl he loved during a fight with the hitman his grandpa sent (now that's a twisted evet)
-was experimented on by the government like an animal
-will never know who he really is

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by apoc001
Alright then...
Wolverine:
-accidently killed the girl he loved during a fight with the hitman his grandpa sent (now that's a twisted evet)
-will never know who he really is Wolverine's century old back story is more contrived than sad...

apoc001
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Wolverine's century old back story is more contrived than sad...

Contrived or not, it still sounds like a hard life.

wannabe
Alright then...
Wolverine:
-will never know who he really is
Not bad...well..actually VERY bad, but i guess you know what i mean.

Btw...Logan's healing factor protects him from the trauma of his past and that's why he can't remember anything...is that right?
BUT why is he not at all traumatized during House Of M, though he remembers EVERYTHING? His character seems to be just the same like before, so it can't be a change in his "mental durability" due to Wanda.
huh

xmarksthespot
Contrived or not, it still sounds like a hard life. Colossus has a more organically sad history. Magneto has a more organically sad history. Shadowcat has a more organically sad history. Nightcrawler has a more organically sad history. They weren't just contrived to draw sympathy for the character.

LISA-J
i

LISA-J
For me it's rogue's story that's the saddest.I mean the isolation,anger,frustation.plus having misty constantly trying to use you for her own purposes.

supreme_being
i think they all come from rough backrounds but if some1 says wolverine agen it'll do my head in, i mean yeah yeah wolverine has ahad a hard life, he is like 100 yrs old of course he'll have a hard life, hes old, look for sad storys that r still going on like jean greys or who else, who still have hard lifes, atleast wolvie found the x-men!

wolvie'sgirl
Ok then..... Wolverine! smile

wannabe
Originally posted by LISA-J
For me it's rogue's story that's the saddest.I mean the isolation,anger,frustation.plus having misty constantly trying to use you for her own purposes.
Rogues "tragedy" is CRAP!!!
She could wear a power suppressor or equip her rooms with them anytime she wanted to touch someone or wanted to be intimate!
Cyclops and Surge are wearing "power suppressors" that can be regulated...why not Rogue???
And don't say there is no such piece of technology...there were plenty of them that affected Rogue during her time with the X-Men AND there is this mutant called Forge...builds ANYTHING he can imagine!

Rave X

apoc001
Besides Wolverine, I'd have to go with Cable.

Disappear
that whole 'brother' thing hasn't been seen since 'wolverine: the end,' and for good reason. it was a horrible, horrible idea that the editors at marvel would rather forget. so take that crap out of his history, as noone will consider it canon from now on. and by noone, i mean those who actually write the stories.

rogue's history is pretty much crap, too. there are tons of mutants with death touch mutations worse than hers, particularly wither, pestilence, omega red (yadda yadda,) but she's always the one bitching. boo hoo, your boytoy, never-gonna-grow-out-of-his-college-years, on again off again "boyfriend" can't touch you. i'm really just sick of the whole thing. thankfully, they turned down rogue's powers recently, even though it seems to still be in full effect versus gambit...

saddest past: the blob. the guy's had zero success in anything he's done in his life. and on top of that, he's fat and gets made fun of for it. it's just cruel.

saddest powers: glob herman. he's animated wax. not only can he not have sex, but everyone can see his insides through his fat, pink body.

also, i hope whoever made the 'nathaniel grey' account realizes that cable's name is nathan summers. nate grey was a different character entirely.

Marvelgeek
Originally posted by Disappear

saddest powers: glob herman. he's animated wax. not only can he not have sex, but everyone can see his insides through his fat, pink body.

also, i hope whoever made the 'nathaniel grey' account realizes that cable's name is nathan summers. nate grey was a different character entirely. Christoffer I believe.
Glob wow that IS sad... sad

steverules
Well I may have to say wolverine and here's why: he saw his father being killed, his mum rejected him when she found out he was a mutant and then comitted suicide, he was treated like a lab rat, he had his memory taken away, he's had his head tampered with I don't know how many times, he has no memory of his past, he had to kill his wife, some of his life has been a lie, he killed his friend Rose when she was accidently impaled on his claws rolling on floor laughing cool

willRules
Nightcrawler and beast have had it pretty bad as well........

GalacticStorm
Madelyne Pryor. Cloned just to be a womb for Sinister. Fell in love with Cyclops and bore his child, she was hunted down by the Marauders on Sinisters order when Jean reappeared. That event also lead to Cyclops cruelly abandoning her and their child in favour of Jean. She was later manipulated by both N'astirh and Sinister who both craved her power and in the end she was corrupted and bordered on insane. In an insane attempt to get back at Cyclops she threatened to sacrifice their child and in the end was killed by the Xmen. She was used and abused throughout her short life and despite her power was never truly in control, the path her life took was determined by outside forces right up until her death.

Draco69
Beak. Poor guy never gets a break.

apoc001
Cable's an x-man, right? If he is then I change my answer from wolverine to him. I mean, he constantly has to fight back his disease or he dies. Not to mention that fighting his disease takes concentration. That sounds pretty bad to me.

Disappear
using his telekinesis to contain his T-O virus was mainly a subconscious effort, and only really stopped him from performing great telekinetic feats. he didn't really suffer, and he never really concentrated on it.

there've been too many instances throughout his life where the T-O virus became a non-factor for me to consider sympathizing with him. if he'd done the smart thing and let the virus corrupt him when he was just a baby, instead of fighting it with his infantile powers, we never would've had stryfe and cable would've been fine.

anyway, cable was originally meant to be a part-cyborg future version of cannonball. just knowing that, i can't at all look objectively at his "struggle" through the years, with his infection or with his stance on mutant rights...

steverules
Cable's a abd guy now, unless he turned good again.

Disappear
when was cable ever a bad guy? he went against x-men and government wishes with his whole "messiah" thing, but you can't really consider that being a bad guy. unless you're part of the government...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.