The new US Nickel: The beginning of brainwashing, perhaps?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

§pearhead
As previously stated in another thread here, the US Mint has created a new nickel, one in which two people are shaking hands: one with a military cuff, representing the United States, the other with an ornate bracelet, representing the Natives, both of which are agreeing on the sale of the Louisiana Purchase.

My question to you, is this brainwashing? (Or at the very least, propaganda?)

BEFORE you jump down my throat, listen to this. The United States purchased the Louisiana Territory from France. It is doubtful that most natives even knew that their land was being sold and switched between the two countries. Granted, it's not the US's most honorable time in history, but it is a grossly disrepresented fact. Dictatorship preys off of ignorance and propoganda.

Btw, I really don't like the US government, so that partially sways my argument, but the fact remains: there was no agreement between the Natives, so why are we "peacefully" exchanging their land while in reality we did little more than steal it?

loserib
shouldint you blame the french for selling it to us

finti
yeah the US just jumped at the opportunity to get more land

Fire
why? why should you blame the french for selling it?

finti
because they are french

Fire
The French just needed the money for their war in Europe so they sold it.

Spear the problem is in theory the land wasn't even from the french they stole it from the natives but hey every country that ever got colonised was stolen from its original population

Gregory
It's propoganda, yes. I wouldn't say brainwashing.

Gravity Kills
propoganda, It is US making themselfs feel better

Linkalicious
*pats USA on the back*

Good job guys...keep up the work! big grin

finti
yeah be the fool

§pearhead
Ok, maybe not brainwashing, but it is propaganda erm

loserib
so its allrigth for the french to sell it to us but its not allright that we bought it

that makes no sence at all man

Fire
well I think he ment that the coin gives the wrong image

namely that you bought it from the natives (several pieces of land were bought from the indians) which isn't true

loserib
ok i see your piont now the other hend should be a french symbol then

Fire
idd

§pearhead
My point is that it makes it seem like we peacefully bought it from the Indians. That's not the case.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.