pick your favorite rapper alive or dead

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SMOKE187
vote

HockeyHorror
OMFG worst list

Chino XL defeats all of them without any pressure.

cmon man what kind of list is this?

and we have threads like this.

Darth Revan
OMG D00D FRED DUrST IS TEH GREATST RAPER EVER!!! no expression

That list sucks. What'd you do, just pick four rappers at random and put them in a poll?

That being said, a "good" poll on rappers would be hundreds of names long... Better to skip the poll and just have people say their favorite. Out of the list though, Chino XL pwns them all...

HockeyHorror
my fav rappers

(no order)

Ras Kass
Chino XL
Warcloud (Holocaust)
MF DOOM
Brother Ali
Gza
Ghostface Killah
Raekwon
GM Grimm
Sage Francis
Blackstar
Blackalicious
Cannibal Ox
CunninLynguists
Del the Funkey Homosapien
Deltron 3030
Rakim
Krs-One
Immortal Technique
Cormega
Illogic
Killah Priest
Juice
Latryx
Masta Ace
Mobb Deep (old school)
Pharoahe Monch
Rise
The Roots
A Tribe Called Quest
John Smith
Madlib (Quasimoto)
The Pharcyde
Vicktor Vaughn
King Gheedorah
Zed Love X
Supernatural
Craig G
Prince Poetry
J-Live
Wildchild
Jedi Mind Tricks
Fermented Reptile
Eyedea
El-P
Bigg Jus
C Rayz Walz
Binary Star

and more...

eezy45
Rappers? I have no favourite...
But two Hip Hop Bands

Fettes Brot
Die Fantastischen Vier

Morgoths_Wrath
I have never heard of any of these rappers (save one, Chino XL). Can someone vouch on their existence? I have a feeling you just made them up.

Morgoths_Wrath
Oh yeah, and there are a ton of threads like this. Only, most all of them have a better selection then THAT! Fred Durst??? huh

People shouldn't make polls for questions like this. The subject is too broad.

Oh, and I was kidding about you making those rappers up. How did you hear of them? Underground stuff I'm assuming.

Afro Cheese
Why did you put Chino XL on that list... That's like putting Michael Jordan in the Special Olympics.

HockeyHorror
yes they are underground and waaaay better than mainstream rappers.

why the hell would i make up rapper names? if u dont believe just go to google and type in their names.

Darth Revan
Err, yeah, they all exist blink

In fact, a good number of them are fairly well known, a couple are even considered legends...

Ras Kass
MF DOOM
Brother Ali
Sage Francis
Blackalicious
Cannibal Ox
Del tha Funky Homosapien
Rakim
Krs-One
Mobb Deep (old school)
Pharoahe Monch
The Roots
A Tribe Called Quest
The Pharcyde
Jedi Mind Tricks

The ones in bold are the ones every hip-hop fan has heard of... The rest have pretty significant fan bases.

Afro Cheese
I'd say Ghostface Killah is more well known than Ras Kass. Everyone knows Krs-one, Mobb Deep, and The Roots. But a lot of those other names have little to no mainstream following. If someone doesn't search for music at all it is really easy to never have heard of most the people on that list. The line between mainstream and underground hip hop is thicker than any other genre from what I've seen. Most people don't use 50 Cent and Chingy as "gateway artists," they just continue to listen to the same mainstream artists instead of moving on to better MC's.

HockeyHorror
Ras Kass is not very well known...Rakim is very well known, even to mainstream heads.

L49_JoaquinLovr
Out of those I choose Fred Durst, but I really like Lil Jon best. YEYYAHHH.

hh?
you dont know anything about hip hop smile

Afro Cheese
God I hope your kidding. Anyone who can find meaning in Lil Jon's songs is looking way too hard.

Fred is a joke.

Deathblow
Cannibal Ox and Rakim are more famous than Ras Kass, and everyone knows The Pharcyde.

L49_JoaquinLovr
Nope, not kidding, NC.

SlipknoT
Thats really sad

Filth
Hmmm my favorite rapper any thats dead, then at least they can no longer rap

hh?
you really dont know shit about hip hop...do you?

wait thats no question...cuz u DONT know shit about hip hop.

Afro Cheese
Tupac has released more bad music as a dead rapper than most have as a live one.

koolruningz
Real classy. no expression

Filth
I know what is this world coming to when the dead are more successful than the living?

ill take that as a compliment, thank you

hh?
really...you should listen to some real hip hop...not just judge the terrible shit thats on television and radio.

be more open minded.

Darth Revan
Hockey, good luck trying to get somebody who listens to the shitheads in Cradle of Filth to be open-minded no expression

koolruningz
laughing laughing laughing

Afro Cheese
Amen to that.

hh?
laughing

Filth
Hey people are talking about me again, hey i must be popular, anyway all rap, hip hop, love and pop is s**t so why would i wanna listen to it anyway?

*Danii*
I actually cannot believe that Fred Durst was in that list.

Just out of interst Filth, do you like any bands other than CoF?

Filth
Yes just about any metal band, most other stuff is just shit

*Danii*
I like metal, but I don't really care about what else I listen to. I'll listen to anything, just not crap rap like fred durst. . .I can't even believe he counts as a rapper.

Filth
All rappes are shit, and they all end up taking drugs and then sooting each other

*Danii*
I guess that happens alot, but a lot of rock stars etc. do that too.

And I think you mean shooting, not sooting wink

Filth
That was a typo, but most end up dieing from drugs, the mob or each other

*Danii*
You REALLY HATE rappers don't you?

Filth
Yes

*Danii*
Good answer.

Filth
thx

*Danii*
Your welcome.

koolruningz
Congratulations Darth Revan, your point has been proved.

Afro Cheese
Fine.

All Goths are shit, and they all end up slitting their wrists or taking one too many pills in their dark little rooms.

SlipknoT
laughing out loud

Filth
And?

Afro Cheese
Just showing you that it's not a talent to use retarded stereotypes to generalize a group of people.

Filth
F**k you, give me one good reson why i should listen to what you are saying?

SlipknoT
because he's right.

Filth
Is he f**k right!

Alpha Centauri
Ok ok. I hope all of you would reach this conclusion alone, apparantly not.

If you slit your wrists and pop pills or take drugs and shoot people because of a scene, you're not Goth and you're not street. You're a ****ing moron.

End of story.

-AC

Filth
All i said was to be a rapper you must:
1.own a gun
2.be a drug user
3.say thigs like "i gonna pop a cap in your ass"

Deathblow
In that case, over half the teenage population of America must be rappers.

Alpha Centauri
What bullshit are you talking?

To be a rapper you have to own a gun? To own a gun you have to be an American Citizen but I don't think every senior citizen in Florida is strolling around with a mack 10 and dropping freestyles do you?

What's bad about being a drug USER? There's a difference between being a drug USER and a drug ADDICT. Lest we forget alot of the best Rock music has been produced under the influences of drugs.

Lastly, you don't have to be a rapper to say "I'm gonna pop a cap in your ass." You have to be an idiot, but guess what? You have to be a bigger idiot to fall victim to the hype and start believing stereotypes.

-AC

koolruningz
Couldnt have put it better myself....no seriously i couldnt. Nice one.

Filth
What do i give a shit your the one reading the bull shit i write

SlipknoT
So your saying if I talk like an idiot, buy a gun, and snort some Coke I can become a famouse rapper?

Alpha Centauri
"What do i give a shit your the one reading the bull shit i write"

I couldn't care less really. Just pointing out how insanely wrong you are and how incredibly stupid you are making yourself look.

-AC

hh?
is Filth the dumbest KMC member?

Dr. Strangelove
I think so as Filth makes Mo50cent look like Backfire in comparison.

SMOKE187
filth shut up dude your a waste of oxygen so die slow

Filth
Well its true your the ones who are reading it, if you think im so dumb stop reading and replying!!!

Alpha Centauri
If you didn't want us to read it you wouldn't be typing it in the first place so don't give us that "Why should I care?" BS.

You may have fooled many people on this forum up until now into thinking you are smart or something but you're not. You're just like every other pseudo-intellectual who thinks they're being unique when they're just crying for attention and then act like they didn't ask for it.

-AC

Filth
I dont try to be smart all i said was if you (and you obviosly dont) like me then why are you reading the bull shit i am writing? you seem quite smart so why not just f**k off?

Afro Cheese
Believe it or not people don't come to this thread just to read the bull shit you're writing. Since you obviously have no further input on the topic of the thread, why don't you just **** off?

koolruningz
laughing out loud laughing out loud
What was this thread about again?

Alpha Centauri
"I dont try to be smart all i said was if you (and you obviosly dont) like me then why are you reading the bull shit i am writing? you seem quite smart so why not just f**k off?"

I have nothing against you. No offence meant but who are you to me? Filth from KMC forums. An internet personality as is everyone I know on here, unless I know them in real life which has happened......once. I just think you're being a tad silly. If you know it's bullshit stop writing it and we'll stop reading it.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
I'd pick none of the above.

My favorite is Sage Francis

koolruningz
Good choice. yes

hh?
thumbup

xarius
Jeez, we all know.. well lyrically EMINEM is da best rapper, and politicaly da best.. and well is da best
But I also like tupac
dr dre
snoop(kinder but over the gangster shit)

xarius
you should hear eminem FREESTYLE some dope shit..
its mad real in da feel man...

Lemme show u a verse which he freestyled

It's only fare to warn I was born wit a set of horns
And metaphors attatched to my damn umbilical cord
War lord of rap that'll bash you wit a 4 by 4 board
And smash into your honda acord wit a 4 door ford
But I'm more bored den droppin an accapela
To chop a fella to marserela worse den a helicopter prepeller
Got you locked in a seller, wit you skelton showin
Develepin anerxia, While I'm stadin next to ya
Eatin a 4 corse meal watchin you starve to death
Wit an ivene in your vain feedin you liquid darver set
Pumpin you full of drugz
Pull the plug on gun shot vitims full of bullet slugs

An I couldnt be botherd writing anymore, but his da dopest freestyler
and has many more which are better den dis one

Alpha Centauri
Yeah but he gets crowned as some battle king when he's only ever gone up against Ja Rule and Benzino. He tried to pop one off at Canibus and got torn a new one but because he was more mainstream he got the backing.

He isn't politically the best, he's one of the worst. Pointing out the obvious to people who don't know any better. Zack De La Rocha takes an active role in politics.

-AC

xarius
what do you meen more mainstream,

and dude he ripped canibus in a freestyle battle, he is the greatest freestyler.. well he was anyway, but i belive his become abit slow now

Alpha Centauri
He was more mainstream than Canibus.

Meaning all the kids that were into Eminem weren't exactly gonna analyse Canibus' rhymes and evaluate who won were they?

He never ripped Canibus in a freestyle battle coz they have both stated that they were invited to battle on the Wake-Up Show and both declined.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
Best freestyler I've heard is probably either MC Supernatural or Apathy.

Alpha Centauri
Eyedea or Supernatural for me.

-AC

ElectricBugaloo
Then again, once you get up to that level, it's all a matter of choice.

hh?
best freestylers in my opinion are either Supernatural or Juice.

eminem is overrated.

HAHAHA. Lyrically eminem is far from the best. There are much MUCH better out there. Politically? There are tons of rappers out there whole make much better political lyrics than eminem. I mean ALL of immortal technique's songs are 1000000 times better than anything eminem has written, political or non-political.

Alpha Centauri
"best freestylers in my opinion are either Supernatural or Juice."

They ended the freestyle championships against each other I think. Supernatural refused to rhyme to a certain beat and made the DJ change it. Bit of a "***** move" as they say, in my opinion. However when he did rhyme, he dis almost-kinda-sorta-for sure tear Juice's face off.

Mind you, Juice had one of my favourite lines. "This mother****er on the mic can't sweat this/He couldn't even hit the top on a bad game of Tetris/".

Supernatural is amazing though. To do all those impressions and shit that he does. Last I heard of Eyedea he was with Rhymesayers, not sure where he is now, haven't caught up with his movements.

-AC

Samurai Guy
{EDIT}

Wrong thread... Wow. That has never happened before.

R0B
That list is one of the most crappiest lists I have ever seen. They all suck

AnonymousNerd
Sage Francis is way overrated by underground heads...

Favourite rapper? Nas.

Group? LA Symphony.

Eminem ripped Canibus... LMFAO.

That's the funniest thing I've heard all year.

And Tupac sucks too.

hh?
Nas is overrated crazy^ after illmatic he was nothing.

favorite rapper= Ras Kass

koolruningz
and here are some more "dope" lyrics from Eminem:

Snap back to reality
Look it's B.Rabbit!
Yo you signed me up to battle!?
I'm a grown man!
Chubba chubba chubba chubba chubba chubbie
I don't have any lines to go right here so, chubba teletubbie!
Fella's (WHAT?!) Fella's (WHAT?!)
Grab you left nut, make right one jealous (what?) bag

Xam
EM is the best

hh?
roll eyes (sarcastic)

i bet you dont even know what MC means

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.