Who has made the biggest inpact in marvel comics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

crazyspinz
ok, what hero/villan has made the biggest inpact in the marvel universe, who has affected it the most. big things like the living tribunal dont count. and it is not characters in general, it is single universe chars. for example apocolypse and AoA apocolypse would be differant.

crazyspinz
i say either cable or bishop.

thundercracker
i wanna say franklin richards cause of the whole poket demension thang but im not 2 sure really.........

pr1983
onslaught was a big one, even with bad writing, franklin richards another...

SnakeEyes
maybe not the biggest, but Colossus saved all of the mutants, thats kinda big

Nathaniel Grey
Stryfe. Definately Stryfe. The Legacy Virus was a BIG impact in at least the mutant community. And caused humans to fear mutants even more at the time.

Dreampanther
Stan THE MAN Lee.

crazyspinz
stan doesnt count. i say bishop because he has had a large effect on many universes, he basicaly caused the AoA universe to be destroyed, he changed the past, and is just plain cool

Havoc470
marvel comics as in the writers and the like? or characters?

character wise i think spiderman has made a huge impact on comics in general, i noticed this while reading batman comics and then eventually making him simply use his grappling hook and swinging around buildings, what a perfect way to get a character around besides flying or a car

but he's not the only one, i think thousands of characters have made a big impact on either marvel or comic books in general

Magee
I agree with pr1983, Onslaught did have a big impact in the Marvel Universe.

Havoc470
yeah, he definitely made his mark, theres really so many characters that've made an impact on marvel

who?-kid
I know Beyonder is not exactly what we're looking for (cosmic entity) but still, he made a gigantic impact on the storylines of many heroes/villains.

And though he's not from Marvel (I think) my vote goes to Zorro, because he was the inspiration of countless rip offs (normal, somewhat boring looking guy who becomes a cunning and noble crimefighter wearing a mask and a special outfit, who has a hidden base somewhere - with a loyal servant - and whose identity is known only by very few people).

Without Zorro, no Batman, and without Batman, no Spider-Man.

Marvel heroes/villains who have had much influence : the Watcher, Hulk, Magneto and Kingpin (to name a few).

More down to Earth people : Jonah J. Jameson. Whenever a hero is upset and smashes things because he got a bad review, it's a safe bet the article was written in the Daily Bugle wink.

Superman#1
i think hulk, he has killed so many heroes and has changed the history in comics

Havoc470
without batman no spiderman, what do you mean?

lol, one way or another you could really name all the characters in the marvel universe if you know enough about them

ScarletSpider
I'd cast my vote for Iron Man. He caused the whole Crossing debacle.
We shall have to wait for all this House of M nonsense, but I think Scarlet Witch and Magneto have a good chance to be put into these ranks.

Havoc470
house of M doesnt sound like a bad imo, i think its gonna be a good comic (and im hoping toad makes an appearance)

scarlet witch has already made an impact in avengers disassembled, and magneto has already made a huge impact on marvel comics

who?-kid
Easy, Spider-Man is the low budget version of Batman (masked heroes who both fight crime in the biggest city in America, with a hidden identity, both orphans and who both sling from roof to roof). Even the names are similar and the Green Goblin, the first serious enemy of Spider-Man, looks a lot like a pumped up Joker.

Stan Lee created him as a young, insecure student so that young readers could more easily identify with him than with the rich playboy Bruce Wayne. Other influence is e.g. Superman of course (they both work for an arrogant boss at a newspaper).

Havoc470
at the start batman never slung from roof to roof, at least not in most of the extremely old comics i've read, i dont think they both go fully hand in hand like that

who?-kid
Of course not, in some ways, they are like yin and yang. But they have much more in common than one would think.

who?-kid
You mean like this ?

who?-kid
Or like this ? wink

Havoc470
well, i've never seen him do things like that inside the actual comic, and inside the comics the sky wasnt yellow

ragesRemorse
This is an easy question, Blade has had the biggest impact on the marvel universe. The success of that movie was able to pull Marvel out of bankruptcy, or atleast put in the direction.Otherwise i say Stryfe

Havoc470
lol, yeah blade did pull marvel out of bankruptcy, then xmen sky rocketed marvel back up

GreatMuta
My vote would have to go to Thanos. Really this guy has handed everyone in the Marvel universe their butts (yes i know he had the Gauntlet) But honestly if you read the Thanos Quest, you see he had to beat serious contenders in the process. This guy manipulated reality and time to his liking and is always involved in cosmic level events.

http://www.mediasharx.net/images/reviews/comics/marvel/THANOS004.jpg

eleveninches
The guy who owns marvel comics probably had the biggest impact.

Linkalicious
Thanos

crazyspinz
i should have said not counting cosmic beings...

GreatMuta
Now he tells me !!! ^^^^^

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.