body armor versus tights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sileas
i coulda done a poll, but that's too simple....

In the comic books and the 60s series, he wore tights. In the movies, it's body armor. which is better? why?

here's me registering! body armor. he's shot at, fer cryin out loud. but no black rubber. the actors could barely move in that stuff, and batman is supposed to be a martial arts god. he would demand birthday-suit range of motion. maybe sliding, telescoping scales? something like that....

SpyCspider
doens't he wear Kevlar-lined armor in the comics? At least nowadays....i think every part of his suit is made of durable, flame-resistant, protective material.

Got that from those big square white Comic Guides to Batman, Superman, Justice League, etc.

Hegemon875
you're right he does where kevlar in the comics.

Bat Dude
Armor

Stealth Agent
tights

vaya_the_elf
Why not both? They are both good.

TheFilmProphet
Perhaps a combination of the two?

kanis
alien I would say both as well

OB1-adobe
This is about dumb of a discussion as "When batman is falling, why does his cape open up right before he hits the ground?"

To the follow that: "How could Batman's cape be used that good as a parachute, it's physically impossible?"

The answer: Its a god damn comic book, let it go!

vaya_the_elf
laughing out loud very funny. Love the answer. I have another answer to that question because Its Batman.

OB1-adobe
It is all about artistic expression. He could have wore tights in the movies, but he didn't.

Sileas
couldn't'a worn tights in the movies, i think---you'd need a guy with the right build. o boy would that guy have to have a build. they wanted a big name for the role (unlike when they did the superman movies, taking an unknown actor for the role), so who are they left with? Ahnold? eek! so! it's body armor. i think that's why they chose armor for the movies. couldn't find an actor with the right build. (not that i think they spent any time looking for one like that!)

er....when i write batman fanfic, it's body armor, and that cape is a tool. a bit of help in guiding free falls, adjusting his angle, but in my stories it's more a case of taking it off (yes in my stories it comes off separate from the mask/hood) and there are pockets along the top that hold packs of a chemical that he squeezes and bursts the packets and floods the chemical into "veins" in the cloak and it warms up enough to prevent hypothermia/shock in, say, a 90% naked rape victim. or some such.

Coley
Uh.... Batman has never worn tights. huh

Sileas
doesn't he in the comic books? lookit Bat Dude's sig. i call that tights. sorta. so maybe it's kevlar, and he doesn't do ballet. kinda funny that bat dude, who seems to be a comic book devotee, voted armor.... wink

(heh....another few posts and i will earn myself my very own first Golden Envelope!!!! bwa hahahahahah!!!!!!! )

Gregory
It sort of looks that way, but it also looks like Batman's pants are made of the same material as his shirt, which is definately some sort of armor. So really, I have no idea what he's wearing.

SpyCspider
it's just armor (Kevlar) that's so durable, protective, resistant, of the highest caliber....yet thin enough to make it form-fitting, nut-hugging, and flexible to look like tights smile

Coley
^ As unbelievable as that seems, that's basically how it is explained in the comics.

Havoc470
good point

movie wise, i definitely prefer the armor kind of look

comic book wise, i prefer the tights.......frank miller style though

DarkAge
On a related note, what do you guys think of the fact that the body armour in the movies is bullet-resistant? Personally I think its too "Superman" and renders Batman's evasive skills useless to some degree.

Red Superfly
Batman can dodge bullets I believe. Well not a machine gun barrage, but a couple of pistol shots for sure.

Therein lies the need for bullet-proof armour. Not every enemy fires a pistol or semi auto.

Bat Dude
That's true. I prefer Batman with armor cuz it makes him look more dark and grim.(movie-wise)

ayjay
BRING BAK ADAM WEST!....YAAY!...not really...he looked very sus in those tights.....in the comics....he looks kool in wateva it is he's wearing...but they look like tights so i'm callin them tights...in the movei however....if the acyor wore tights...i think everyone would be too busy laughing to appreciate the movie...

Bat Dude
Oh yeah...

Napalm
armor

WindDancer
It really depends on the case he's dealing with. Armor for villains like Clayface and ManBat or Mr. Freeze. But for cases that require lots investigation he has to go with tights.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.