Arcade Fire

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

<<Solo>>
Anyone hear of this band? They're freaking awesome, sort of remind me of R.E.M. But yeah they're pretty new. Debut Album Came out on September 14th. They're kick ass.

<<Solo>>
Wow Nobody has heard of them, I mean Rollingstone gave them 4/5. Pitchfork gave them 10/10. Seriously this band is atleast worth downloading.

Alpha Centauri
I heard "Annee Sans Lumiere" and "Haiti" a while ago by them. Then never heard anything more.

-AC

<<Solo>>
Yeah those are pretty awesome, but "Neighborhood 1" is the best, or "Crown Of Love".

wicker_man
I enjoyed 'I'm sleeping in a submarine', 'Oldflame', 'Cars and Telephones' & Headlights look like diamonds alot. Quite a gem of a find in all honesty.

<<Solo>>
They have their new cd "Funeral", which in my opinion is much better then the first.

Solo
It's sad that they aren't very popular. Easily one of the best cds of the year,IMO.

Mane
I never hear of newer bands unless they're hardcore. If it's not some form of hardcore, I don't hear about them until they're on the radio or TV.

MildPossession
I have heard one song, and it's excellent, think I will look into their music.

WeluvTwinkie
...Their first and only CD is Funeral.

Arcade Fire is undoubtably a very talented band. I'm just praying that the MTV producers don't find it and rip it to shreds.

Df02
Solo....where u live, UK or US?
u'll understand when u answer lol stick out tongue

i've heard the album, infact i've heard it alot... cos theyre releasing it on vinyl. so err....i have aquired a few lol confused

Solo
Originally posted by Df02
Solo....where u live, UK or US?
u'll understand when u answer lol stick out tongue
US

Originally posted by WeluvTwinkie
...Their first and only CD is Funeral.

Incorrect. They have Arcade Fire- Demo (2001) (with 10 unrleased songs), Arcade Fire- (with 7 unreleased songs), and Arcade Fire- Christmas Album (2002) (with 12 unreleased Christmas songs).

Reckoning
I've been in the know-how of them for a few years. They do have a cult backing. Expect some word of mouth about them.

Red Superfly
Time to ressurect this thread I think. Arcade Fire deserve it.

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by &lt;&lt;Solo&gt;&gt;
Yeah those are pretty awesome, but "Neighborhood 1" is the best, or "Crown Of Love". yes

Df02
ergh, i have a stockpile of arcade fire 7 and 12" now

Red Superfly
My fave songs so far are Neighbourhood 1, N'hood 3 - Power Out, Rebellion, Haiti and 7 Kettles.

I'm going to see them next week. big grin

Solo
Arcade Fire nominated for two grammies!

http://www.grammy.com/awards/grammy/48Awards.aspx

papabeard
Yeah, good band, Not as good as all the hype seems to think though.

Ronny
I love the arcade fire yes

MildPossession
Since I last posted in here I have heard most of the stuff, and I enjoy the music.

Revernd Maynard
it is indeed some great music...

those cheeky canadians laughing

SnakeEyes
I've only heard one song, but I plan on hearing more. I liked the one song though. It's called Rebellion (Lies).

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
I've only heard one song, but I plan on hearing more. I liked the one song though. It's called Rebellion (Lies).

great song big grin

buy Funeral, it's an awesome album

Victor Von Doom
Wake Up is my current favourite track.

StinkFist462
excellent band.

Solo
I didn't think much of their EP awhile back, but now after listening to it numerous times, I find it almost as powerful as "Funeral". It's amazing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.