Favorite shapeshifter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AMN Inc
Wasn't sure if this belongs here, but who is your favorite shapeshifter?

Stealth Agent
either clayface or mystique so i flipped a quarter and decided clayface

Stealth Agent
oh damn i didnt see gumby i shoulda voted for him

Stealth Agent
oh wait i did vote for gumby YAY ME!!! eek! stick out tongue big grin

Arachnoidfreak
I forget her name, but the girl from Generation Next, the Age of Apocalypse storyarc.

SnakeEyes
Morph!

Krissy Von Doom
The wondertwins eek!

AMN Inc
Who's Morph? That name sounds familiar.

SnakeEyes
He is from X-men...

Mightyrain
The girl from Generation X is Husk.

Morph was from the AoA story arc. The white faced shapeshifting smartass character. He is currently a main team member in Exiles.

I too am a big fan of Morph.

norrin radd
martian manhunter

jinzin
Venom, not your standard shapshifter but it works nontheless.

Havoc470
my favorite shapeshifter is chameleon

he wasnt only from AoA, he was in the normal comics also

Mightyrain
He was only known as Morph in AoA and Exiles. Changling is his counter part from the 616 universe and he didn't have white skin... There also was a character named Morph in the cartoon from the 90's. "Morph" was never in the normal comics... with the exception of when the Exiles leaped into the 616 Universe... but that took place in an Exiles comic.

Havoc470
he was known as morph in AoA, xmen annual '96, blink, xmen alpha, astonishing xmen (1st series), amazing xmen, and xmen omega

then changeling was also shown in uncanny xmen #35 and #42

Mightyrain
All of those are form the AoA reality. I'm not sure about X-Men annual '96 I would have to dig it out and look at it. But all of the rest take place in the AoA reality. As I stated before he was never known as Morph in the 616 reality. And besides his powers he is a completely different character than his counter part Changeling.

Nataku8188
morph rocks

Havoc470
there's a difference between every AoA and marvel universe character

i dont know much about changelings persona, he was only in 2 comics, but morph's alias in AoA was also changeling

this is the cover for xmen annual '96 http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/covers/image.asp?ID=2067&CAT=cover

radioboy121
I like Mystique. Silver Surfer illustrated a form of shapeshifting too. Either that or it was illusion.

Mightyrain
All I am saying is that he was not known as "Morph". And the only time he was known as Morph is in Exiles and AoA. You don't reffer to Nightwing as Robin do you? So why would you reffer to Changeling as Morph?

Havoc470
because morph was in an xmen comic, him being in AoA proves he exists in the normal universe, in AoA he went by both aliases changeling and morph

referring to nightwing as robin would cause confusion since theres another robin, morph and changeling are the same person, theres no other morphs or changelings in the MU, so they're one and the same

radioboy121
I think I saw Morph in an Exiles comic, but I'm unsure of what continuum that is. They were traveling in the past to kill Dark Phoenix.

Mightyrain
he was never reffered to as Changeling in AoA. He was reffered to as Sydney and Morph.

I'm sorry but your logic is flawed. He was never reffered to in the 616 MU as Morph. He was only reffered to as Changeling. Yes the same person from alternate realities, but "Morph" never existed in the 616 reality using the name Morph. So by saying Morph was in the 616 reality you are lying. Thats like saying X-man is Cable... they are the same person from alternate realities, but two totally different characters.

Havoc470
616 reality???

the xmen comic i mentioned and linked you to has no AoA reality and morph appears there

http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/characters/showquestion.asp?fldAuto=1557

Mightyrain
main Marvel Universe

And I stated that I don't recall him being reffered to as Morph in that comic and that I have to dig it out and check.

Havoc470
alright, either way AoA morph is 616 changeling, AoA isnt an alternate reality its just the future of the actual 616 universe

Mightyrain
uhhmmmmm did you even read AoA?

AoA was the result of Xavier's son traveling back in time to kill Magneto. By mistake he killed Charles Xavier instead. This took place before the X-Men were even formed. After witnessing the death of Charles Xavier, Magneto took over the dream of Xavier and formed the X-Men. Without Xavier's X-Men no one was able to stop Apocalypse from coming to power. Age of Apocalypse is the tale of what would have happened with no Charles Xavier... not what will happen in the future of the MU.

Havoc470
my bad, i got confused with cable coming from the future

what i meant was morph and changeling have been proven to be the same character

Mightyrain
too many realities... To much time travel... yet I still read the X-based comics.

Havoc470
time travel is an odd thing, it raises wayy too many questions so i think they should've never tried it, but then again its a comic book and its just meant to be fun

ooh, in case you havent heard chris bachalo is on the new AoA project coming up sometime next year

Mightyrain
serriously!?! Chris and AoA... It's like I commissioned this from Marvel! Thats like a dream of mine. I'm gonna be all over that when it comes out!!! where did you hear this?

Havoc470
it was on the latest wizard magazine, and i read it on an artist checklist of chris bachalo

i think its gonna start on may 2005

Nathaniel Grey
I've got to agree with Mightyrain. He was never called " Morph " in 616 continuity. That was only used during the 90's cartoon show. In 616 reality he was The Changeling and in AoA he was " Morph ". But I assume according to AoA continuity he had previously been " The Changling " at an earlier date ( In AoA ) before changing his identity into what is known as " Morph " with the blank features and so forth.

Confusing, ain't it?

Havoc470
thats my point, they're the same person although they have different personalities

i mean AoA nightcrawler has a completely different personality than 616 nightcrawler, but none the less they're the same character

Mightyrain
Actually the entire character is different. They have the same name yes, but they did not have the same life or even remotely the same personality or mind sets. Nightcrawler from 616 is a kind and god loving character with demonic appearance... AoA Nightcrawler is a ruthless cut throat that would stop at nothing to achieve his goals with a demonic appearance.
The majority of the AoA characters have little besides names and appearance in common with the 616 counter parts. They all grew up in a world where they are pitted against each other in a survival of the fittest pace of life. Kill or be killed.

Havoc470
well they had the same powers as the 616 characters also, and AoA nightcrawler had the last name darkholme which is 616 nightcrawlers real last name

Mightyrain
I said besides having the same names and appearance.
Kurts last name is Wagner. His mothers is Darkholme.

Havoc470
exactly, so kurts real last name would be darkholme

sorry, i thought you meant appearance as far as looks go not concerning their powers too

Mightyrain
I thought powers were a "give me" since evry character has the same powers in the two realities. Yes they have the same powers and names in most cases... they are stil all completely different characters, because they have different personalities and different views on life, and the way to get things done. Besides the names and powers they have nothing in common.
When someone says Magneto they automatically are thought to be reffering to the 616 character... when someone says Rogue they think of the 616 reality... when someone says Morph they don't think of Changeling from 616. If I say AoA Iceman they know who I am talking about and don't get confused and think 616 Iceman.

Havoc470
well you say morph in general people know who youre talking about, changeling would confuse alot of people

meh, this is tiring

anyway, the AoA comics are gonna be going on from february through march and will contain new material from creators involved with the original AoA, the first comic is gonna be titled Age of Apocalypse: Reunion and showcase four original eight-page stories that center around AoA, so far they've mentioned a weapon X tale, and a kitty pride/colossus generation next story, then after theres gonna be a marvel hand book for AoA, a six-issue mini-series illustrated by chris bachalo and written by akira yoshida, no one knows if its gonna continue on the AoA saga or approach it as an untold story though, exiles #60-61 are gonna be tie-ins with AoA

so far thats all confirmed in the latest wizard, i cant wait to even see some of bachalo's art

Paola
another X-Men title?

Havoc470
yeah, but its traditional AoA stuff, with some of the original writers and new stuff, it wont be that long so it wont be a big deal, and AoA is definitely kick ass

Paola
wow.

then it must be worthy! eek!

Havoc470
was that sarcasm or did you mean it?

Paola
i meant it

Havoc470
YAY!!!!

eleveninches
meggan (captain britains wife) was pretty hot for a while

Stealth Agent
not 1 person said anything about gumby but it got 5 posts
man gumby kicks ass

miahera
not a dedicated shape shifter but gotta love mr. sinister.

Scarpa
The T-1000

radioboy121
How about the 2nd Supergirl (Matrix)? She was an alien metamorph that assumed the identity of Supergirl.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.