Quicktime Gradually Lagging

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JKozzy
I've been noticing recently that my Quicktime movies, played anywhere on the computer, they slowly get out-of-sync over a time period of a few seconds. Watching a two minute clip, it can be off-sync by at least two or three seconds at the end. If I click the curser and drag it to the same spot in the video, it resyncs, then gets worse after, again. Is there any issue that would make Quicktime lag like that? Nothing on my machine's running that would hinder Quicktime's processes, I just want my movies to play right messed

MPEG, DIVX, and the lot are all fine, though. Go figure it happens to my favorite format erm

Reborn Again
You've gotta update your divxcodec. Go to www.divxcodec.com and upgrade to the most recent version, then everything will play fine.

JKozzy
Quicktime has nothing to do with DIVX... are you sure? blink

yerssot
perhaps the software got an error in it?

Raz
Quicktime uses its own codec.

First make sure no other program is using the CPU when you're running quicktime. Also make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card.

If that doesn't help, then your computer isn't fast enough to play quicktime. You could try shrinking the window, or downloading a lower res version of the video.

JKozzy
It happens with any size video... and it just started slowing down, it was awesome at playing it in Full Screen mode before messed

Pentium 4, 1.7 GHz, 512 MB ram, 160 GB hard drive space total... it is fully capable of the video like it should, but it just doesn't. I reinstalled, it worked, then it got bad again erm

Raz
Have you tried upgrading your graphics drivers?

Also make sure you only have one video window open at any time.

JKozzy
I'll check on upgrading the drivers tomorrow, perhaps that can fix it.

Only one video open at a time, especially since this started happening.

I like the avatar, Raz stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.