PC Online Game where ping doesnt matter?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChickinMeat
to explain myself, i used to live in the UK, where broadband was 512k, i used to be able to play games like UT2004 without worry for performance letdown, had a nice ping of 30/50 consistently.

now i live in NZ, and the fasted broadband here is 254k, i can no longer play a smooth game of UT2004 like i used to, with an average ping of 200, i have turned into frag bait!

so my question is, can anyone recomend me a PC game that doesnt depend upon ping for a good online game? worms world party is a good example, but i cant think of any other games like it!

and ideas are appreciated!

BackFire
FFXI

ChickinMeat
i heard that game was a bit shite? and is it a game you have to pay monthly for?

on top of that, ive never seen it in a shop ever!

SaTsuJiN
lol you crazy? ffxi if you get a lil bit o lag you gon die or get dc'ed .. hmm although correct to a degree.. to recommend a non-pay to play game I'd have to say try something like warcraft3 or a game that doesnt require eye-bleeding reflexes (such as RPGs like backfire listed). As we all know fps's such as Utk24 require every second of data which will weigh heavily on your connection.

Recommendations :

Play First person shooters on a LAN with friends (hell, tell em ta bring thier pc's over or whutevah)

or you can play single player campaigns .. dont have to worry about lag at all there stick out tongue

ChickinMeat
lol thats very true! just a shame, i used to enjoy a good ol' multiplayer bout.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.