Getting Published is Hard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
Heck, getting an agent is hard....ah...but the joy of writing makes up for it. big grin

Barf Heaven
What'd you write?

DemonicGambit-2
I wanna get publish for a story I'm writing, but I wanna get published by Marvel comics...so that's somewhat different

yerssot
you could post it here so we can read it first wink

Ushgarak
To Julie: Yup, yup, and maybe...

Julie
I wrote two "inspirational stories" and a small series of five sci fi books....I suppose they'd mostly be for young adult readers,....I had a whole lot of fun writing, but actually getting into the publishing world is hard.

yerssot
I'm interested in buying them

Crash Overload
COOL! Gemme titles... stick out tongue

shaber
Yeah, Publishing is difficult - JKRowling had trouble with it to begin with!

Evy_O
It's very difficult indeed confused
But otherwise bookstores would be full of crap yes

yerssot
hope you don't mean julie writes crap

Julie
Titles eh....that may be classified info....but just cause one is called The Collins Case....
:-)

Evy_O
It was a general comment.

Heeey, Julie, that sounds like a trial or something big grin

bLooMiLiCioUs
Julie - i completely understand what you're sayin and going thruyes it is veerryyy hard.....sad

RoguePw25
I write too and I so will be published. Getting an agent is very much possibly, especially with a good query letter and cover letter. But essentially, the writing speaks for itself.

Julie
er most publishers won't even look at your material unless you have a good agent....and agents have their own agenda in specializing......some only do adult fiction or nonfiction....some only do mysteries, romance, etc...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.