Identity Crisis Theory: who the killer is

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GreatMuta
Ok i'm only theorizing here, i'm still not 100% sure all my facts are straight but here it goes. In my opinion the killer is not the Atom but in fact his wife JEAN LORING! why?

1. Motive?
a. Atom was creeping with Sue Dibney and got her pregnant
b. Jean finds out and smokes Sue (literally)
c. Crazy woman (loring) irrationally attracted to ex-husband (all women to an extent are crazy and irrational).....kidding...errr....yeah

2. How
a. Jean still posses all or most of the Atoms equipment and patents.
b. i'm sure she has some idea how to use the stuff
c. Faked an attempt on her own life to erase suspicion.

If you refer back to the issue where she was attacked, the duration of the call she made to atom was 33 seconds i believe. What criminal/ murderer would let his victim make a 33 second phone call? during a struggle! Also the panels in the comic depicting her story of the attack show a end table where her would be attacker was. He could not have been there or at least fit comfortably. Batman in the last issue was looking for Atom not to subdue him but to save him.

Again this is only my theory (and a far fetched one). Any other input would be cool!

Again this is only my theory

Linkalicious
I like your theory.

i only have the 1st two comics, because I forgot to order the other ones when I when on my little spree this weekend, but from the small part of the story i've had the opportunity to read....I think your theory is just crazy enough to come true in a comic book.

GreatMuta
Thanks, I will say though, with what has already occured in that series i think that no subject is taboo anymore. And that would be super awesome if Atom was boinkin Sue Dibney. Superheroe in costume...Villian in street clothes! Hey i guess it reflects society at it's worst.

eleveninches
Good theory. And so now shes going to make ray's life hell to get revenge??

GreatMuta
Jean kinda reminds me of my vindictive ex-grilfriend. I hope she doesn't have Atom's shrink suit !

wuTa
that is a good theory but i think your missing something...maybe its Light or boomerrangs kid but there is another piece to the puzzle that your missing

GreatMuta
Yeah, your proabably right wuTa. I knew there were some holes in my theory but hell it was worth a shot. So, What is your opinion on the whole murder thing. Let's see if we can crack the case before the final issue comes out. I think the writers went way out of their way to make it look like atom. And i still think batman is looking for The Atom, not to capture him, but to protect him!

wuTa
yea i'm pretty sure your right about batman wanting to protect atom and not capture him....i have a couple theories

1. Jean hooked up with a villian and they both put this together...i'm thinking she had an affair with boomerrang because in one of the issues boomerrangs kid find out by boomerrang his mother isnt who he thinks she is and maybe jean loring is the mother but that has way too many holes in it...like jean would have cheated on atom while they were still married and boomerrang is a 2nd rate villian who i dont think can mastermind such a plan

2.i'm not sure if you read flash comics but the last two issues have crossed over with identy crisis...flash find out that the league also warped the tops mind to make him good...that worked for awhile but than the top died but his mind didnt and he went bad again....in some cases his mind took over some peoples body, he even tood over barry allens dads body so he knows alot of the leagues secrets and indentities.....i'm thinking the top has takin over jean loring body or linda parks...jean loring would make more sense but in the flash crossover they cant find linda park and batman hints that there is something wrong with linda parks dissapperance or linda park herself..theres also a slight possibilty that top has taken over lights body which would explain why he remembered what the league did to him

GreatMuta
INTERESTING!!!

joeboro1
i think it is a trick because she likes to throw mysteries for E man for his birthday but if I'm right the dcu is filled with sickos. but honestly i think its someone who had her trust.

GreatMuta
Quite Possible ^^

eleveninches
Or it still could be batman. He has loads of money and is connected to loads of research labs, so he could have got access to ray's technology as well. One thing that I noticed was that bruce tells j'onn to get out of his head. If bruce knew who the killer was, why would he do that??
Maybe he had to look like he was trying to get to ray quickly, so that nobody would suspect that bruce was the killer and was really framing the others.

So, who are the prime suspects?

1.Jean
2.Ray
3.Bruce
4.Sue (faked her own death??)
5.????

pr1983
btw what issue is up to know? i have 6

eleveninches
issue 7 is out now i think

pr1983
ok, btw i'm a little confused.

what connection has captain boomerang got with robin's dad?

was he paid by the actual killer or is he the killer himself? i assume he's not the killer, so whats' the connection?

eleveninches
Dont know.

Id like it if the 'killer' is caught in the final issue, but then the last few pages have a few pieces of dialogue that makes you wonder whether the perso they caught was the real killer, so that it keeps you wondering about what really happenned.

pr1983
yeah, and bats' realisation that it might be atom was cool, his face. i never knew deathstroke was that powerful, is he really able to take down those heroes like that?

eleveninches
THere are 4 possible things that I am expecting at least one of them to happen:

1.THe killer was a member of (or somebody close to) the JLA, and will either be caught or go on to be a main DCU villain for the next few years (i'd love to see batman turn evil and plot the demise of the JLA).

2.THe killer was a random villain who has not yet featured in Identity crisis, but will frame one of the JLA to make them seem guilty, and that will cause them to quit the JLA and fight evil on their own.

3.They all did it.

4.She faked her own death with the knowledge of her boyfriend, and it's revealed that she wanted to fake her own death so that she would be safe from any villain who discovered the true identities of the JLA

GreatMuta
Did i miss something? are you saying ...Batman is the killer? A heel Batman would be so awesome! Anyway i'm sticking to the fact that Jean is the killer. We have about 2 weeks 2 go. I have never been right about situations like this but, i'm hoping i am about this one.

Linkalicious
i finally got 4 more of these comics being shipped right now.

After I read them, i'll try to better answer the question...

supremthor
Oh MY GOD ROBINS DADDY IS DEAD no sad

killme3
I have always loved deathstroke. Had his miniseries from years ago.

But I didnt know he had it like that either. I hate when people whopp on batman. I take it personal when someone out thinks him so I have to call foul.

riphawk
This is my first venture into a forum ever, so please be kind.

I don't think the killer is either the Atom or Jean Loring. I think it's Adam Cray, the replacement Atom of the Suicide Squad. Why? Here it goes:

1) Why target the Suicide Squad? He was "killed" while being a member.
2)Why was Sue Dibny blindfolded? She'd know him.
3)Atom took away his body, to where?

So, perhaps the Atom may be the mastermind behind everything, but I think the killer is Adam Cray. What do you think?

GreatMuta
Well i guess i was pretty close afterall!! Just read the last issue.

I was right on the last points of my original post. The motive and how she did it!

Linkalicious
So the last issue is out already?

Ohhhh sh!t it's Wednesday today! I need to get about $30 worth of comics today...

eleveninches
and the killer is : JEAN!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.