what band should do the imperial march for ep3?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SMOKE187
i searched for this and none popped up. i stole this from tf.n what band should do the imperial march or dark music for episode 3?

:.Space Opera.:
band? you mean orchestra? rolling on floor laughing the london symphony orchestra. they did all six star wars movies and always do john williams scors because theyre prolly the only ones talented enough to play those difficult peices.

SMOKE187
im talking like metallica. i heard an imperial march by them and it sounded darker than john williams orchestra band

well oh i get it. the metallica one was alright. if you search google you can find a whole bunch of ones performed by dif. bands.

Stunrun
Why change the classical music!? the LSO have pulled off darker themes beforewink

yeah climatic 7ths!

eXSBass
I'm from London! GO LONDON! GO LONDON! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!

tlbauerle
No Doubt used to do a sweet version of the Imperial March during live shows.

Red Superfly
"what band should do the imperial march or dark music for episode 3?"

I hope this is a joke.

I can play the Imperial March on my guitar - I hate the Metallica and other rock versions, they sound too generic. I just play it note for note, and it sounds way better.

Stunrun
classical rocksrock

Red Superfly
Oh definitely.

Putting in hard rock music is so boring these days.

It's funny, Star Wars has been doing the classical music thing for over 20 years, and it still sounds fresh, new and revolutionary.

I seriously hope they play the Emperors music during the duel - you know, the same music that plays when Luke beats down Darth Vader in ROTJ - it would make sense considerring the circumstances.

I remember the hairs standing up on the back of my neck during that bit. The music was absolutely perfect.

Use it for THE duel!

Stunrun
u know what???? u just read my mind eek! i have been demanding that music to be played in episode 3 for a year now. I petitioned about this on the OS and TFN! laughing out loud THAT MUSIC IS MINDBLOWING! gets to me everytime sad

Red Superfly
It's easily the most appropriate music. Luke attacked Vader in the same way as Anakin assaults Obi-Wan.

I have three kinds of music in my head that I think will be perfect.

1) Emperors music plays for when Anakin assaults Obi-Wan - similar to the Luke/Vader fight mentioned previously.

2) When Anakin is slowly over-powerring Obi-Wan, have that amazingly powerful Imperial March theme (I'm think the Imperial March version that plays just as Han Solo gets frozen in ESB - the buildup is amazing and perfect) playing over it.

3) When Anakin falls into the lava - we hear the Imperial March quickly slow down into the imperial march theme that plays when Vader dies in ROTJ. Imagine Obi-Wan looking down with deep sadness, looking into the lava as that song plays. Powerful stuff.

Stunrun
That all sounds perfectwink i think No.2 would be incredible, nice thinkingwink

ROTJ soundtrack is arguably the best soundtrack imho

Stunrun
Ive also got this image in my head of Anakin falling with his hand stretched out shouting NOOOO!!!!!! when he falls into the lava - (imagine frodo in LOTR where he catches the ring in slow motion - a bit like that)

ok this is completly off subject, but this topic has fell to pieces anyway
laughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud

mc pee pants
there's just something about an orchestra and classical music for star wars. it is pointless to fix something that is not broken. plus metallica sucks and lars ulrich is a little b!tch.

waynerobsonuk
While there are some interesting versions of the imperial march around. (my personal non classical version is the Rage against the Machine one).
Star Wars should stay as it always has been and thats firmly in the classical domain.
Let's see how well for example the matrix sound track sounds in 20 years time! My guess is it will date very badly (especially the 1st film). As star wars films are timeless in one sense it makes logical sense for it to remain classical.
As for the orchestra...... LSO every time.
"But he know-eth not of what he speaks!" I hear some cry. Well as a musicain whos been playing both classical and the heaviest of metal for over 25 years, maybe my point of view is slightly more informed from a musical standpoint. Although thats not to say people aren't allowed their point of view, one thing I hate is musical nazi's laughing out loud

Wayne...

classical rocks

-can i put that on a bumper sticker?

1) Emperors music plays for when Anakin assaults Obi-Wan - similar to the Luke/Vader fight mentioned previously.

-but its the EMPORORS THEME. i think that maybe johnny will compose some sor tof DARKSIDE theme for that.

ROTJ soundtrack is arguably the best soundtrack imho

-yeha its good, but i like ESB soundtrack better.

captainmidnight
TOOL could beat metallicas version......

Count Doodoo
F'in Napalm Death, dude!!! rock

.:Space Opera:.
how about the original LONDON SYMPHONY FREAKIN ORCHESTRA the way it was intended!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.