Arnold for president (predicted in DM)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

trilight
Mellow greetings people. What's your boggle?

I saw on TV just then that Arnold Schwarzenegger has many supporters that want the constitution amended for him to be able to become president as a non-american born citizen.

However unlikely, Do Arnold fans really want him to be president because they think he will be good?

I don't think so. What I really think is that they are just HUGE Demolition Man (1993) (DM) fans that want to see the movie become a reality.

Am I right or am I right. big grin Next, Arnold fans will be telling us all to eat Taco Bell.

Alpha Centauri
They're idiots, there's an explanation.

-AC

finti
well they elected Bush twice over there so.........

mc pee pants
eek! BURN!

WindDancer
It would be interesting to see an Austrian actor as U.S. President.

Alpha Centauri
Interesting? Frightening is more likely.

I mean people said Bush getting re-elected was a sad day to be an American and Reagan was bad enough for an actor-president. Go and watch The Terminator and tell me this is a man that probably could become the PRESIDENT of the USA sometime in the future.

-AC

Linkalicious
A fail to see how a movie starring Wesley Snipes and Sylvester Stallone is supposed to be the reason why Arnold Schwarzennegar is getting support for the presidency.

Atleast act like you know what you're talking about by saying fans of the movie "Commando"

I'll vote for anyone that can massacre a whole island of terrorists and leave with only a knife cut and my daughter. Oh and some black chick that was down to get down...if you know what i mean.

And I think we should atleast see how the man does as Governor before we even bring up a consitutional ammendment making him eligable for the presidency

mc pee pants
i can't belive those two morons are actually petitioning for the amemndment of the constitution. i don't wanna sound like-- something but, i don't think naturalized citizens should be able to run for presidency. that's like voting a man as a president for a woman's group.

MagdalenA
It would be a sad sad day that arnie gets in the whitehouse.

Alpha Centauri
Once again, Family Guy speaks the truth when Brian Griffin sang about the past years.

Brian: The Reagan years have laid the frame for actors to play the whitehouse game. We're not to far from voting Feldman/Haim. (Corey's).

-AC

Df02
errr, before u jump down his throat on the Demolition man thing...in Demolition man theres a line that states that Arnold Schwarzaneggar becomes the first non-american president of the US in the future

it has nothing to do with who acted in the film

lil bitchiness
Ya know, more than half of America elected Bush for the second term, so i really wuldnt be suprised if they elected Austrian movie star to lead their country - why not! YEEW-HAA!

Darth Surgent
Let's be clear. Over half of the Americans who voted re-elected Bush, not over half of America.

It's an important distinction.

lil bitchiness
Same shit different packaging. Its all the same - should that excuse 51% of voting Americans? I think not.

angelsflame265
To become President of the United States you must be born in the U.S. . . .

Jackie Malfoy
Well if he wins and if he could be president we would have another Republican in the house.Even through he is pro-abortion he still could be a good president.
Too bad he can't be.Interesting thread through.JM

Darth Surgent
I'm merely saying that just because Bush was re-elected, it doesn't mean that America is 100% Bush country.

Fiery Eyes
I seen the same thing on TV and they even said in the news that Congress was going to vote on letting people that were born in other countries run for president, it has to pass by 2/3 of the votes and as of right now they don't think that will be a problem per the news. That I am against, I don't think they shld allow that at all, whats your thoughts?

eleveninches
But the first president was british, and was born not far from where I live in the UK

eleveninches
It was actually George Washingtons family crest that was the inspiration for the colour/pattern theme of the US flag (red/white stipes and white stars on a blue background - It can be seen on the ceiling of DUrham cathedral - which is in my nearest city)

Line
over here someone said (part in joke - I think he wanted to make a point more than anything else) that europe should have a say in who's to become the president of the USA, simply because it's a country with such great influence and power. as a contrast it's not nearly as extreme that the president was born in a different country. if it means that he (or hopefully soon 'she') knows more about what's going on in the rest of the world and has a bigger understanding of foreign affairs, I believe it might just be a very good idea indeed. the US DOES have quite a say when it comes to other countries. a bit more insight on the matter would be welcome.

trilight
I don't know if it would be a good idea for Arnold to become president or not, I'm not from America. I just thought it was interesting that he has come as far as he has in politics, and within the past couple of years.

In the movie Demolition Man which is set in the future, they say that Arnold became the first non-American president. This movie was made in 1993. I saw the movie recently, then saw the news about Arnold and thought in was a funny coincidence since the movie was made such a long time ago.

Maybe the movie inspired him and his fans?
BTW, I not serious about that question, i don't really think that the movie made his fans support him.

finti
hmm just to be a bit technical here. George Washington was born in Westmoreland County Virginia on Feb. 22, 1732 and his parents were Virginians as well, of English descent though. George grandfather sailed to America and settled down there
Nobody knows for sure who designed the flag, it may have been Continental Congress member Francis Hopkinson, the populare tale is that of Betsy Ross but no one has been able to confirm the truth about it

eleveninches
You can see his family crest on the ceiling of one of the cathedrals near to where I live, and although the shape is not that of the us flag, it does have red/white stripes and white stars on a blue background

lil bitchiness
And I am fully aware of that. I wasnt however aware I ever suggested it was a Bush coulntry.

Filth
How could anyone vote for the worlds worst actor as president?

ElectricBugaloo
At least Arnold was an A-List actor unlike Reagan...

Linkalicious
Quite the contrary

American's voted Bush because they believe he is a true blue blooded American....so to speak. Kerry was far from blue blooded, and Bush did a more than decent job of marking him as a "yellow belly"...even though he was a war vet.

i dont think enough of that bible humping redneck community will see things Arnold's way....just because he is a foreigner.

WindDancer
Ah heck! If there isn't any other candidate to vote for I'll go for Arnie. I might lose my rigths to play a video game...but who cares? happy

finti
but he talks their(rednecks) language more than any of the Us politicians.............kind of neandertalish way of speaking

Shaolin Monk
How about...we exclude his acting career, and look at where he stands on issues. I would rather have a person in the White House that was in movies and had a "neanderthalish" way of speaking and knew how to lead the US, than a person who has been a politician for many years, and didn't know wtf they were doing.

But do I think Arnold should be allowed to run this country? Nope. Simply for the fact that I don't believe an amendment should be made/altered so that he can run.

The most important thing regarding this topic is that we wait and see what he does with California. I voted for him because Gray(sp?) Davis was horrible.

finti
he needs to know what an issue is first

Shaolin Monk
Do you know where he stands on anything?

RaventheOnly
What the F... you callin Arnold Stupid? blink hysterical you seem to not understand that they guy is a managing god laughing out loud

I'm not for changing 200+ year old amendments designed for a reason... but Arnold would probably make a good pres. he surrounds himself with the smartest regaurdless of party background.

PVS
the ability to surround yourself with geniuses does not make you a genius.

RaventheOnly
no expression yes but to get to the point to understand that you are human and need people who are in the correct field and come to a realization where the true intelligence lies makes you exceptionally gifted, maybe not genious but at least level headed.

finti
he stands for anything that seems populare at the moment.

PVS
no raven, when you are rich and powerful, the world opens up to you. advisers go to him with a hefty resume, he says "ok, ill hire you", they advise him in his investments, he listens, he makes more money. that makes those who advise him smart. any of us, given hundreds of millions $$$ of capital from action movies could do the same.

he didnt make his fortune through business ventures. he made his own fortune lifting weights and parading around in a speedo, and then by acting...poorly.

RaventheOnly
I do not know German and i ave never heard him speak in German, how would you expect a person who spoke no english to act well. He knows nothing of American culture in his early movies and he got here threw weight lifting, he used his talent to get in the door and his smarts to get him the rest of the way by using the americans.

PVS
ok, look...good and bad acting is entirely subjective. thats just my opinion on him.

the point i was making is that he invested capital gained from acting and
bodybuilding competitions. its just that you made him out to be a business
prodigy and i state that its entirely not the case. he hires prodigies based on
their resumes, the cash they made for others. when you are rich, with the
right advice, investment is a win/win. he's not some great businessman and
the money he makes does not prove otherwise.

any rich dummy can allow others to invest their money and win.

eleveninches
He stands on the ground (with his feet)

Shaolin Monk
I'll take that as a "no"

very witty

Dreampanther
Man, the Governator as President. I'll get a green card just to vote for him.

One thing is for sure, no aliens will dare invade us with good old Arnie running the world's biggest collection of weapons of mass destruction.
They better come in peace or they'll leave in pieces.

PS It's not like he can be a worse President than George "With God on my side" Bush.

finti
Arnold as Prez and Van Damme as vice, now then you got a hard hitting team

Dreampanther
And Jet Li as Minister of Foreign Affairs.

WindDancer
Hey! Jet Li get my vote any day of the week! So is Jackie Chan! Man politicians that practice Kung fu would really kick ass! (Yes! pun intended)

Jackie Malfoy
No one is as good as Bush is as president.God help us if we had another president like Clinton!Now he was a bad president.Arnold would be good excert I am not sure if I would vote for him.JM

Imperial_Samura
I guess everyone should have the right to be president, regardless of where you are born, still, it would come down to his policies with me. Do I think he would have good policies? No, not really. Still, might be fun.

finti
under Clinton the wrecked economy was turned around, and he was respected as a leader around the world by other country leaders. Bush capability as a leader is question by the same group of people, he hasnt been able to establish a confidence as a leader like that of Clinton.

This front page by a large British newspaper kind of says all about how Bush is looked uppon as a leader

finti
I wouldnt accept a foreigner as my country`s leader

PVS
are you trying to educate JM with the truth? please, dont waste you're energy.

Imperial_Samura
No even if they had lived their most of their adult life? It is a personal thing I guess. I am still bitter about John Howard being re-elected, personally I would have voted for anybody but him, including the poor devils called "illegal immigrants"

finti
ohh an Aussie, g'day mate

Imperial_Samura
Indeed, g'day and throw a shrimp on the barbie. Still, I guess its kind of lopsided, John Howard has actually been good for our economy, still, he is not a good leader.

ETK
Arnold as president? I give anyone a fair chance to run, no matter where they are from. Let the people of the country decide.

What I would like to see is someone run for president who doesn't let the vice-prez run the show (Bush-Cheney) and not get their personal life involved in running the country(Clinton).

Give me someone who worked for their money and not marry into riches(Kerry). We need a "real" person to lead this country.

Arnold came here with next to nothing and look where he is today! Should he be our president? Let the people vote and decide. I should be able to run just as much as he should be able to.

mc pee pants
OHMYGOD! *restaints self*

Afro Cheese
Jackie, saying that nobody is as good as President Bush is a ridiculous claim. Not even Bush himself would say that. And what's your big problem with Clinton? He made some mistakes but overall he wasn't a bad president in my opinion.

Darth Sauron
The whole lewinsky thing laughing out loud What a man.

Also, many of his promises he only fulfilled on his last night in office, knowing the next pres to come along couldnt complete what clinton did, so clinton would be seen as a great president and bush as the bad guy.

Clinton had you drinking 1942 level arsenic in your water

mc pee pants
i hardly constitue a blowj*b a mistake...

Afro Cheese
The Lewinsky incident is the worst excuse to dismiss a president's success I've ever heard. How did that affect the country in any way besides giving us something to talk about?

mc pee pants
never has a man's c*ck gotten so much international attention.

shaber
Couldn't SkyNET build a model in a factory based in the US? big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.