Is LotR the best movie you ever saw?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
To me, it is. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Exabyte
No
hideing_behind_computer ... I liked Matrix1 better bag

tomato

... but apart from that they are stick out tongue

sorry I cant link to any other threads with the same topic - they've all been closed no expression

shaber
miffed

Lord_Andres
hard one! um Ben Hur wich I doubt any of you have seen or Spartacus, or Braveheart, The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, Rocky, Masada, Jaws, The Ten Commandments, all of these and some others are just as good as LOTR! but when EE comes I belive it'l be just a little bit just a little bit better then the rest but perhaps not, I've not seen it yet so time will tell!

Nazgul lord
for me lotr is my fav

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, sure

§pearhead
well, I like the Star Wars trilogy smile but LoTR's great......

...the greatest flaw is the movies are waaaaaaaay too long, I don't have the mental stamina to watch all three in a row.

Morgoths_Wrath
If you'd watch all three of the extended editions in a row, it would prolly be 10+ hours of movie-watching! Can it be done??

Lord_Andres
no no no if they would have been shorter it would not have been good for the story I say that their lenght is a minimum for the story

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, they actually left alot out of the movies that I would have liked to see. Some of the stuff that wasn't shown that I would have very much liked to see was the hobbits' adventures in the old the Old Forest, meeting Tom Bombadil, and their close call among the Barrow-downs (from FoTR). But most of all I would have liked to see the Scouring of the Shire at the end of RoTK. But oh well, the movies are long, but they need to be long to tell the whole story!

Lord_Andres
ya alot of stuff and the arriving of the men of Gondor not from Minas Tirith, Imrahil, and knights, Forlong, and I would have loved to seee Beregond and someother stuff from gondor, Radgast, Dear Tom.B,

Morgoths_Wrath
yeah, it would have been cool if Radagast made an on-screen appearance!

Mandos
Those movies are there to enjoy life in Middle-earth and to give a taste of the books. If people want to learn more about the book, or they never heard of it, those movies are a temptation

Smodden
Eternal Sushine of the Spotless Mind.smile

But the LOTR was my favorite movie for many many yearsno expression

Bar-en-Danwedh
yes...

i never include it in my top 10 or whatever because it's not fair to compare a movie that has like 12hrs to tell a story, where as most have only 1and 1/2 hrs to 2hrs to tell a story...

but they are my favorite thing in it's existance...

Sicky666
I have to admit that the LOTR is a fantastic movie and surely history will remember this one, just like they did with Star Wars.
But this is a difficult question, I wanted to choose Star Wars, but I'm not completely sure because I think Texas Chainsaw Massacre is also a cool movie.
So I let this question open, but if I realy had to choose, I would probably choose Star Wars...

Mandos
LOTR

johnnywooh
yeh all three of them r amazing

Mandos
Star wars is amazing, but I didn't see anything special in Chainsaw massacre. I didn't see it until the end.

Sicky666
Well, wat you expect to see in Texas??
I didn't see either something special in Halloween, still it is a good movie.
Sometimes people just love to see others suffer...

Clovie
to me is not

Mandos
Hey, everyone has their opinions about it. But why do you think that? Is it because it's too long?

BobbyD
No, but LOTR definitely belongs in the discussion.

Mandos
Yeah I guess it's because it's called the LotR forum lol

Darth Sauron
No.
I like it, but i prefer Pulp Fiction, or Reserviour Dogs better.

Clovie
i really liked books
and i felt asleep during movie, it shouldn't have gone this way.

Darth Sauron
laughing out loud
I loved seeing the films the first time at the cinema. I loved seeing them on Dvd a few times.

But now sitting down and watching two and a half hours of frodo teasing sam and sam wanting frodo seems like hard work messed

Its like Forrest Gump, excellent film, but you cant watch it too much because its just too long.

Clovie
i haven't even bother myslef to watch the 3rd one confused
forrest gump was great, but i got bored while watching it for 2nd time erm but there are some movies i've seen twice during one week eek!

Darth Sauron
Same here stick out tongue

The third LotR is the best, you should see it.

Mandos
You can say that again!!!

Darth Sauron
Same here stick out tongue

The third LotR is the best, you should see it.

Aleera1138
LOTR Trilogy is totally Awesome big grin and yes ROTK is probably the best out of all three, but there are other movies that atleast equal LOTR, for Star Wars is one of them and I am sure there are many more.

LOTR will definitely go down in Movie History big grin like Star Wars and never be forgotten. big grinwink

Mandos
Star Wars was good... in the 70's. I don't think you can compare it to LotR now. But don't mistake me, I love Star Wars

Sicky666
Who did Peter Jackson work with while making LOTR?
Wasn't he named George Lucas?

"George Lucas is the best director ever"!!!!

Thorondor
Old ones, Fantastic....new ones, SUCK in bold while shouting at jar jar binks that he's a rejected camelion and nobody likes him.

ladygrim
probably

Thorondor
Probably what?

Mandos
Yo!

Bar-en-Danwedh
Original Star wars rocked...

but the prequels, the 1997 special editions, and the 2004 retard DVDs,
SUCK SO MUCH ASS it's not funny!!! SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK!!!

LORD OF THE RINGS KICKS THE BOTCHED PLASTIC SURGERY JOB WE CALL STAR WARS SQUAAR IN THA NUTS!!!

the original trilogy could have given LOTR some vague competition in the popularity market but I hate George Lucas so much for what he has done and become that even the OT sucks to me now...

if i didn't have LOTR to fall back on, after having lost the emotional cushion that was SW, i'd go postal...

Jackie Malfoy
No can't say that it is.Star Wars is the best movie I ever seened.Anyway the books are way better then the movies.THe movies were good but nothering is better then star wars!Nothering!JM

Mandorallen
no.

look in my profile for the best movie's i've seen.

Darth Sauron
Im guessing star wars the empire strikes back is one?
Also rocky?
and maybe the new trilogy?

eezy45
Yes, it's my fav

@ Exa... Matrix? no expression Matrix was... well maybe I just watched it too many times.

Lord_Andres
alright a true Rocky fan big grin

Lord_Andres
oh and people if you want to find movies that are just as good as LOTR, check these out

Ben Hur
Spartacus
The Ten Commandments
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly
Rocky
Jaws
Masada(mini series) well thats if you can find it
Lawrence of Arabia

all just as good as LOTR

Discos
nope, not the best movie ever but it was the first movie ever that made me stand up in triumph when the eagles came + the ride of the rohhirm. My hairs were standing on end first time I saw that movie and they still do.

Best movie ever? Close enough I woulod say. I shall still stick with Forrest Gump.

Thorondor
Return of the King was the first movie i ever went to that got massive applause at the end smile makes it one of my favourite big grin.

I don't have "best movie" i like too many films to have a favourite or to decide which one is best.

Discos
^^ ah that as well Thor, usually when i go to the cinema to see an ordinary film i.e "Itendity" or "girl next door" you usuaslly get the three little losers are the back who applaud for two seconds and realise everyone is laughin at them,

however,

the applause at ROTK was quite awesome. Yarr.

Discos - for some reason I have watched American Pie 3, six times in the past 8 days.

Lord_Andres
American pie is a pile of dog shit, damn teenage movies, all suck!

Thorondor
Are you actually being serious?

Lord_Andres
Absolutly

Thorondor
Then I feel sorry that you can't enjoy a great comedy.

Lord_Andres
Monty Python is Muuuuch better, I just dont like them ass teenage movies

Darth Sauron
Ben Hur---ok, all respect Ben
Spartacus--- Wouldnt waste my time watching that again
The Ten Commandments--- Nope, terrible
The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly--- ok, I'll give you that one
Rocky--- no way, Rocky was terrible, only films in which the sequels are better
Jaws--- Good, but not that good
Masada(mini series) well thats if you can find it---never heard of it stick out tongue
Lawrence of Arabia--- GOod film

edit- Monty Python are classic films, Brilliant and genius.
American Pie is hilarious

Both brilliant wink So lets leave it there

Discos
ah cheers for the tip on Spartacus dude, I was needin to watch it. I like those mythology battle films,

Lord_Andres
Ya spartacus was amazing, I love those older battle movies, when all the troops are REAL men, computers just cant compeat against that! and now to sauron

Rocky bad???? thats a masterpice man, in every singel way! and Jaws is a true classic amung horror fans and reguler movie fans as well, it needs to be respected, and it is by far the best monster movie ever made, acting is SUPERB just check out Robert Shaw's acting, specialy when he tells about the Indianapolise, amazing acting that almust non of todays actors can top, and the commandmensts is amzing too, Charlton Heston showed top class acting, story was well told, movie was good in every way

Thorondor
Sorry but rocky is a really bad film lol. Jaws is a classic though smile i've never seen the 10 commmandments though so i don't know what it's like.

Lord_Andres
No its not, its a VERY well told story, acting is very good, directing is good, music, and it has that dirt under the fingernails feel to it

mysterio_code
There are many good movies like The mummy, X2, and more but none better than this!

Thrain
YES no expression

Thrain
and yes....i'm back BABY!

Discos
Mummy 2? you cant compete that to the likes of TROY, King Arthur and various other epics.

I will see spartacus this weekend.

Lord_Andres
the mummy is a wannabe epic

Discos
sure was,

you're back baby? thats my words dude, i said it a mere 4 days ago or something. lol nah I;m just teasing.

mmm.....more epics, well star wars, christ that was schere awesomeness.

I wonder what epics they are bringing out in 2005/2006?

Lord_Andres
Well discos, IMO I think one of'em is gonna be a floop, its called Hannibal, nothin wrong with that, acturly a great idea, I dont think its been used before for movie, anyway now to the bad part, it being directed and stared by.................................................................................. oh dear I dont want to say this outloud, Vin Diesel..... mad mad mad hes gonna ruin it!!!

Mandos
Yoou're right. How can we stop this from happening?

eezy45
King Alexander or whatever the title is in English is soon to be released here.

Discos
mmm.......sounds like my kind of movie, I will do some research on it.

this is turning whay off topic

---- >>> LOTR, great movies, bloddy brilliant epic; however not the greatest epic ever.

muse5
the lotr trilogy is tied for first with the ORIGINAL star wars trilogy and matrix 1, the ten commandments was brilliant as well, so was jaws, but those are my standing favorites, and will be for a while

Sicky666
Damn...a dwarf...kill it!
Make it go away!

Elessar_Strider
i LOVE LOTR! eek!

Sicky666
We all love LOTR, you're still a newbie, if you ask me...

Thorondor
Nobody did.

Discos
here here Thor,

your more of a newbie than him smarty pants.

Thorondor
Hmmm here's me thinking November came after Februrary roll eyes (sarcastic)

muse5
cat fight in kmc land...dun dun dun

Sicky666
I am always new and never old... Haha...

Mandos
I was dead so long ago that I have revived...
I don't getwhat I just wrote. laughing

muse5
^the story of my life...been dazed and confused for so long it's true

ladygrim
have i posted in ere b4 ..i cnt remeber

Sicky666
You're all braindead...

~AlluNeedIsLuv~
ya Lord of the Rings would have to be my All time Favourite! yes

Fëanor
I actually prefer...mean girls...yowza!!!

Discos
dude weak, although Mean girls is quite a good film (and quite stunning), that cant even begin to match the prologue of LOTR.

Fëanor
yes...i mean...no...weeeell

but yah got to admit...nothing says more than seeing hot chickies up on screen...

GreeboGirl4Life
last one

Mandos
The girl next door... unscensured

Suzuka
Yes, LoTR is my favorite movie(or movies, whatever). I personally like the orignal SW trilogy too...but LoTR is better. I think I've come to the conclusion that FoTR is better than RoTK, simply because when you watch it, you actually feel a part of middle earth. You watch RoTK and it's like "yay, it's over...oh look, let's advertise cute guys" *shrug* FoTR all the way!

miguzimagic
I wouldnt say it was the best movie i ever saw but it is up there with my favorites!!!! I loved that movie SOOOOO COOL!

charmedFairy
ermm That's a tough one. I love LOTR but I also love Underworld and HP movies. *sighs* Phone Booth too...too many...can;t decide...sweatdrop

Unholy_Cheese
LoTR any day

charmedFairy
happy love your SN

aussiefan
Lotr is the greatest movie ever

Napalm
No the best movie I ever saw was "Highlander"

charmedFairy
sick Me thinks me will puke...i hate highlander, his ponytail, his movies...grrr cant stand him...but thats my opinion anywayz sory if i got carried away whistle

bugmenot
excuse me, I dont like your opinion...

I live in Houston, and Im sorry i just dont think you really know what your talking about. Texas... Do you know about all of the other States History. By far Texas is one of something really odd. Now have you heard of the Alamo. No not the movie, but if you have seen it, thats a start. 150 Against, 1500 and yet we got half of them, Not Bad. We have been under rule of 7 different nations. People do want us and imagine what would happen without your oil. Our President is from here as well. We have great Mexican food and great Lawn Mowing People, and no we dont ride horses with great 110 degree temperatures in the summer stick out tongue. We are a very diverse country and we are conservaties, giving every individual their own rights. So what state are you from. Haha

charmedFairy
huh im confused..I was just saying i didnt like the movie highlander with that guy in the long black hair with the ponytail..now i dont if hes from texas or anyhting but im not saying anyhting bad about texas. i got alot of texan friends by the way wink

Aragorn#1
Best of the Best luv em all!!! rock

Grievous_90210
future prediction Star Wars Ep3

big gay kirk
fellowship was good... Towers less so... fell asleep through much of Return... and I'm a big fan of the books... read them at least twice every year.... Touching the Void was a far better film, so was Zulu....

Napalm
They guy your talking about is duncan not highlander. Conor Mcleod is no sissy he cant he could probally kill every one of the LOTR characters

Lord_Andres
laughing out loud alright that was a laught ^ , Conor is in no way as skilled in battle as Aragorn, Boromir, or Legolas for that matter, anyway the ROTK EE is indeed one of the best movies I've seen, but Ben Hur ties with him

charmedFairy
oh..my bad stick out tongue
i still think aragorn could kick his a** big grin

Napalm
Conor has been a warrior for over 600 years. Hes Inmortal the only was someone can kill him is to take his head.

Lord_Andres
So after watching the movies over and over wich I HAVE, I can clearly see that he is not a great warrior, I dont think Aragorn would have the slitest probolem in takin his head and duncan's aswell! just watch aragorn when hes fightin with his sword and go watch conor fight with his after, you can clearly see that aragorn is the supeior when it comes to swords, lol I just watched Highlander4 when they are at the cementary and Kell is fighting Conor, if you think thats better sword fighting then what aragorn pulls of, then you are either very unaware of sword fights, or you are just being very ignorant

Thorondor
Highlander cuts off, 3 maybe 4 heads in his films, hmm how many orcs does aragorn decapitate....ermmm about 400 lol.

theshakl
Overall..i think i like Star Wars better....

Thorondor
New or Old?

pinkcabbage
i think lotr is borin so its not the best movie i ever saw

smile

eezy45
Move on... explain why

Thorondor
Because it drags, and people who don't know the back story won't get the film as a whole lol.

Loving_Daniel11
You have room to talk, 'pink cabbage'.

Nope, LOTR isnt the best movie I've ever saw, since I saw Ladder 49...six times in theater and downloaded it. But LOTR is second in line.

Napalm
Dude, every imnortal conor kills he becomes more powerful at the last count was over 500 kills making him one of the most powerful inmortals

Lord_Andres
lol no you are very wrong, last count was 268 or so, didint you watch Highlander4? and watch the fight in the cementary, thats ass swordfightin!

Loving_Daniel11
Mwahahaha Doom 3, I beat that in like...two minutes.

Napalm
No thats duncans last count

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.