Silmarillon fans Melkor is the greatest Valar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
Melkor was truly the greatest of the Valar, possessed by greed and had an evil heart. Do you think that, against his own will, while making evil, he actually contributed to the good devellopement of Beleriand and the world of free creatures?

Darth Sauron
As Iluvatar said Melkors acts only led/added to the full glory of his plan

Exabyte
yes yes
After all, without evil, there could be no good smile
I think it's hard to say he had an "evil heart"... depends on what you define as 'evil'. For Melkor it probably seemed evil or just stupid what the Valar did erm ... ok, he was greedy (as his name says), and a lil too proud maybe, but others were that, too... they just weren't as mighty as him and hence not seen as that evil smile

He was surely the most powerful of the Valar though... I mean, look at their wars, Melkor holds all Middle-earth while the other fourteen Valar are hiding somewhere on a mini-island roll eyes (sarcastic)

Related >
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=294455 (Valar discussion, mainly about Melkor)
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293986 (Melkor and Aule)

Darth Sauron
His real name wasnt melkor if you think about it.
Thats just what the valar decided to call him, and you cant trust them.

After all, history is written by the winning side, you dont really think sam hurt, or even met, shelob do you?

And that massive orc army....yeah, it was like three of them yes

Exabyte
That's what I often wonder about stick out tongue after all, the names are all Quenya (in this case Melko < *Mailiko < *Mil-ik 'greed')... what if it would have been Melkor's servants to choose the names? messed

laughing !!

Darth Sauron
What i wonder about is saurons real name
wheres my thread?
*goes searching*

Exabyte

Lord_Andres
Tulkas, Aule, and Ulmo are my fav, Tulkas could whoop Melkors ass in the blink of an eye! big grin

Nazgul lord
lmao your probably right

Mandos
Nonetheless, Melkor, Morgoth, even if he didn't start being evil, like darth sauron says, he served Illuvatar Eru's purpose. Eru is supposed to be the ultimate who knows everything. Therefore, he knew Melkor would do what he did. We can then say that he put evil on Middle-earth on purpose. Doesn't that make him a little bit evil? I know you can say that the Christian God did the same thing with Satan and that he meant to put balance into the world, but think harder... He is supposed to be the good almighty. When I read it, it didn't occur to me that way.

Darth Sauron
God didnt do that with satan....
Lucifer was god favourite angel, until he rebelled and was cast out of heaven and into a much warmer redder place down south smile

Mandos
Well Melkor was Illuvatar's favorite Valar, and he came down from where Eru lived to go to Middle-Earth, and made Arda a demonic place. Can we call it hell? Nonetheles, the Valar went away. When the Valar came to take Melkor captive, it was the liberation of Middle-earth. Looks pretty alike, both of them, except that God didn't take Lucifer captive, yet...

shadowy_blue
You might wanna read this thread: smile

Forces of Evil

Especially the part where Smodden and I were talking about Melkor. happy

Darth Sauron
No he wasnt no2
He was the most powerful, and brother of Manwe in the mind of iluvatar

And we all know manwe is the favourite child, Melkor was the rebellious child- go read the beiginning again, he goes out into the void looking for the flame, and he doesnt get back till after curfew, drunk and smelling of smoke and cheap perfume

Mandos
Well if Morgoth didn't rebel, it was he who should have been the rular over all other Valars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.