Maynard live

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Revan
I was looking at APC's "unofficial" website and I found a couple video clips... The first one isn't too exciting, it's APC on the Tonight Show:

http://www.apc.sweepinghalo.com/video/A_Perfect_Circle_-_The_Outsider_(Live_on_Leno_3-15-04).mpg

The other one is a really old clip of Maynard singing for some band he used to be in... Funky shit:

http://www.oiad.net/video/cad.MPG

Best part of the first one is, he's wearing a shirt that says "I love Brad Wilk" laughing out loud

furryman
the latter is....well...very interesting!

Darth Revan
yes

lil bitchiness
Although i have braodband, my connection is being a b!tch - i really wanna see it though!

Maynard rocks my little world!

Darth Revan
Do you have Quicktime? 'Cos if that's the problem, I think there's a RealMedia version of it too... The site is aperfectcircle.org, it's under "media" or something

lil bitchiness
OMFG i just downloaded 'Sober' live...how fecking orgasmic is he live?!

Darth Revan
Holy shit I know droolio

Especially wearing a sleeveless shirt that says "I love Brad Wilk" laughing out loud droolio

lil bitchiness
I just downloaded bunch of Maynard stuff - including his religion speach.

And im listening to Patient right now and im gonna piss my pants how orgasmic his voice is!! **** man, musical genious!

Silver Stardust
Maynard...droolio I'm gonna have to check that site out.

Darth Revan
Religion speech? eek! Where?

Silver Stardust
eek! where, where?!

Half the media on the site is broken links...cry

Darth Revan
I know cry

Silver Stardust
I was trying to download stuff and it wasn't working cry

Darth Revan
The interview thing with Jeordie and Maynard and family doesn't work cry

Silver Stardust
I know cry

I want a shirt that says "I love Brad Wilk"...laughing out loud

Darth Revan
Me too cool

Hey, look what I made!

Alpha Centauri
How many of you have seen Maynard live?

I've seen him live 8 times. 5 with Tool, 3 with APC.

-AC

Deathblow
Once, with APC. I've never seen Tool live. That sounds more and more horrific everytime I say it.

The performance in the first video wasn't bad, a little tame perhaps, and Billy didn't nail that bit in the middle of the song as well as he did when I saw them. Maynard's yelling part was great though, he held it even longer than he does on the CD.

norrin radd

Silver Stardust
I haven't seen him live at all cry

Nivek, that shirt is great...laughing out loud

Darth Revan
You people with your Tool and APC shows... I've never seen him live sad

lil bitchiness
I donwload it - not from a website.

I can send it to you if you wish happy

Alpha Centauri
Everytime I've seen Tool I've walked out of the venue a different person, emotionally and spiritually.

It really is something you need to experience. Catch them this time around or your may never catch them again for another 5 years.

Our Tool shows, being that they have always been in a small intimate venue, are not even as grand or spectacular as the ones in the states, but it's still the best experience ever.

-AC

norrin radd

<?>
I had the privalage of seeing APC last june, I will just say wow.

Silver Stardust
Send to me later, please!!!

I'd say do it now but I'm at school sad

Darth Revan
I would also like for you to send it to me yes

I think I have an email address in my profile... If not PM me and I'll have my people talk to your people wink

Alpha Centauri
I trust that you've heard the Maynard/Bowie/Lohner song "Bring me the Disco King" right Revan?

-AC

Tptmanno1
The first link don't work anymore....
*Sniff*

(Yes I WILL buy a Tool album.....soon...)

Darth Revan
No, actually...

Tpt> Which one doesn't work?

Alpha Centauri
Jesus and you call yourselves Maynard fans?!

HANG YOUR HEADS IN SHAME!

-AC

Df02
only seen APC...but seen em 3times, considerin im not a huge fan of APC thats pretty good thumb up
am definately seeing Tool when i can tho smile

lil bitchiness
I call myself one of the biggest Glassjaw fans, but i have not seen them live.

Silver Stardust
Hey, it goes like this.

Concert tickets = damn expensive.

High school/college students = NO MONEY.

Not like I can help the fact I've never seen Maynard live, okay? I'm still a huge fan of him. I've listened to Tool for 9 years.

lil bitchiness
Exactly.

Dont forget the

concert time = exam time

scenario also.

Silver Stardust
Yeah, can't forget that...sad

Darth Revan
Exactly... If I had the money, I would drive halfway across the country if it meant seeing Tool. But I don't...

norrin radd

Alpha Centauri
Yes I did forget Frusciante, my bad.

Yes I did say it because of the song, not live experience.

-AC

StinkFist462
i seen him 3 times .. 2 with APC and 1 tool ..

furryman
I've heard BMTDK before S:

Tptmanno1
Just Bought APC's thirteenth circle.
sooo good!!

Darth Revan
w00t.

Silver Stardust
You mean Thirteenth Step? stick out tongue

I almost bought that last week...along with eMOTIVE...but I didn't have enough money sad

Alpha Centauri
My faith in the Maynardites of this forum is dwindling.

Hardly any of you even have "Thirteenth Step" and it's been out over a year dammit.

At least download it.

-AC

furryman
I have every album.. woohoo do I get a prize

Silver Stardust
Remember my argument from earlier? The

High school/college student = NO MONEY

one? stick out tongue

Also, until recently I had craptacular dialup internet.

Silver Stardust
Oh, Nivek...laughing out loud Tonight I'm gonna take one of my old white t-shirts and write "I Love Brad Wilk" on it with my Sharpie markers laughing out loud

Darth Revan
I'm so jealous embarrasment

Send lots of pictures, love. Brad Wilk... droolio

I have Mer De Noms and Thirteenth Step. And every Tool album. I think eMOTIVE is somewhere in my house, but my parents won't let me have it until my birthday... in two days...

Dr. Strangelove
Tell me about it, I'm trying to decide whether to buy MF Doom's new album or another Tool album or buy Space Ghost Coast to Coast Volume II tomorrow with 25 smackers. I'll be just like this confused smile confused trying to decide what to buy.

Silver Stardust
I'll be sure to take pictures of me in my new shirt big grin Tear apart your house looking for the CD, I always do that (trying to find where my mom stashed my birthday presents) yes

Dr. Strangelove...I know, doesn't it suck?

*needs money desperately*

Silver Stardust
Haha, guys, check it out...had to use my silver sharpie since my black and red ones both vanished sad but I have a "I Love Brad Wilk" shirt!!! big grin

Darth Revan
That shirt turns me on droolio

Alpha Centauri
"Tell me about it, I'm trying to decide whether to buy MF Doom's new album or another Tool album or buy Space Ghost Coast to Coast Volume II tomorrow with 25 smackers. I'll be just like this confused smile trying to decide what to buy."

Tool, by far.

-AC

Deathblow
Make sure you prepare yourself for the disappointment sad

Alpha Centauri
Or hype it down so much that it can only end up being good.

-AC

lil bitchiness
What? I loved eMOTIVe. But maybe because I love all Maynard does - being musical genious and all.

Alpha Centauri
Loving someone or something is being able to also admit to when they are flawed. I don't believe "eMOTIVe" was a disappointment but maybe I wasn't expecting as much as others were.

-AC

Deathblow
I knew I shouldn't have had such high expectations, as I knew it was only an album of covers put together in quite a short space of time by APC/Tool standards, but I just can't help getting excited about new Maynard endorsed stuff. The name Maynard James Keenan comes packaged with lofty expectations, he dug his own grave by being so damn good.

Alpha Centauri
Then maybe we should realise that despite being under par for Maynard, it WAS a covers album and it still shits on most albums out now.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Still haven't heard eMOTIVE...but it's pretty much a safe bet that anything that Maynard comes out with will shit all over most everything else out.

stick out tongue Nivek...my brother was so greatly amused when I made the shirt.

Deathblow
I guess so, but still, there are definitely about 5 or 6 albums released this year that knock the stuffing outta Emotive in terms of my enjoyment.

Alpha Centauri
I agree.

-AC

Silver Stardust
I did say most everything, right?

What CDs were those? Next time I get some cash I'm going CD shopping...

Deathblow
Yeah most everything, I said 5 or 6 were better, and I reckon there were around 50,000 new releases last year across the globe, so thats still an awful lot of stuff Billy, Maynard and co have dispensed shit on top of stick out tongue

36 Crazyfists - A Snow Capped Romance
Alexisonfire - Watch Out!
Machine Head - Through The Ashes Of The Empire
Head Automatica - Decadence
Shadows Fall - War Within
Soulfly - Prophecy

those were the ones i was thinking of.

Silver Stardust
Head Automatica...got that one the day it came out, they didn't even have it on the shelves yet wink Been meaning to check out 36 Crazyfists and Alexisonfire for a while now, Shadows Fall and Soulfly are awesome...

lil bitchiness
And when they are flawed I will admit they are, but I liked eMOTIVe. So what do you want me to say? Just becaue you or someone didnt like them, I should just agree?
I dont think so.

Silver Stardust
Okay, we do have to keep in mind here that everyone has their own opinions...I'm not forming an opinion on eMOTIVE until I've gotten a chance to hear the whole CD.

norrin radd

Darth Revan
I've heard a lot of different reviews on eMOTIVE. Some people loved it, some people were disappointed... I'm expecting it will be good, but I'm not expecting another Thirteenth Step, seeing as that album was near perfect.

Alpha Centauri
I don't think "Thirteenth Step" was near perfect. I think it somewhat failed what they wanted it to be but it's one of my top 20 albums of all time.

"Despite their #2 debut on the albums chart with eMOTIVe, Maynard James Keenan has put A Perfect Circle on the shelf for the time being. He's currently in the studio with his Tool bandmates working on the band's fourth album"

If Maynard is actually IN the studio, then there's three (five if you wanna be technical) stages left. Lyrics writing (depending how much is already done), recording, mixing/pre-production/production and then it'll be done. Also, given that Trent/NIN is/are putting the new album out in March or around that time, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you get a Tool/NIN tour of the US. We might over here but if we don't I will fly out to the States for that.

-AC

Tptmanno1
Oh shit,
Tool and NIN,
They BETTER be coming to LA.....
I liked Emotive, its was passionate, Not as good as thirteenth step I'll grand but you could tell Maynard put his heart and soul into it.

Alpha Centauri
Whoa whoa whoa.

I will take this opportunity to legally inform you that it is by no means official that Tool and NIN will be touring together nor am I an official spokesperson for either band. Should my speculations be proven to be horseshit, I withold the right not to have the blame placed on me.

wink

-AC

Tptmanno1
Yea I know, But I can dream can't I??

StinkFist462
cant we all sad

Silver Stardust
If Tool and NIN tour together...droolio

Darth Revan
I'd sell my soul to see Tool and NIN at the same time...

Silver Stardust
So would I...so would I.

lil bitchiness
I wouldnt go that far...Maynard would totally wouldnt like me doing that.

Darth Revan
It's a figure of speech silly stick out tongue

Alpha Centauri
Well the fact that I got to see "Passenger" live and me having no soul is no coincidence..........wooooooooooooooooooooooo!

-AC

Shepard
I've never seen Tool or APC live.
Because I'm teh poor.
High school is expensive.
But I'm famous,
Tool released an album on my birthday.
And they released Opiate in '92, my birthyear.
Yeah I'm amazing.

Mišt
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jKXr40gl9_k

laughing out loud

Shepard
I find myself compelled to click.

Shepard
That was possibly the gayest thing I have ever seen.
Maynard looks like Dee Snider in that video.

The black guitarist is awesome big grin

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QiKce3DTf_o
Awesome video.
Elton John glasses and "talking beer can in my house"

Mišt
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qFoWz4fiwCE

Shepard
Yet again.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.