Safest Cities in the US?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tex
http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/97/104006.htm?GT1=5809

1. Minneapolis, Minn.
2. Seattle
3. Dallas
4. Boston
5. Houston
6. San Francisco
7. Atlanta
8. Chicago
9. Philadelphia
10. New York
11. Miami
12. Los Angeles
13. Washington
14. Detroit

People are so dumb and misinformed! Those results from the poll do not match the actual crime statistics.

People in NYC and DC should feel very safe. Seeing as they are constantly patrolled because of terrorism.

My city is #3 and I do not feel safe at all! schmoll
Nothing but barbaric heatens shifting around, just dying to get their dirty paws on my Prada bag! diva

I blame Bush!

Darth Surgent
#6: San Francisco.

Hooray, I'm safe!

Eat it, all you endangered Americans! stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
8. Chicago

I find that VERY hard to believe...

ragesRemorse
If Atlanta is so safe, then why do they continue to have the most murders? There is hospitals in Atlanta dedicated only for gunshots. Why is D.C still one of the most dangerous places to drive through. Where is Denver? That is always on the list for one of the safest cities to live in, and it isnt even there.

hh?
12 Los Angeles?

bull shit!

Darth Surgent
"The polls results don't necessarily reflect crime statistics; instead, they focus on public perception about each city."

This just in: Americans are ignorant!

Dr. Strangelove
That list is a joke no expression

Afro Cheese
The reason those cities are considered safest is because they divide the amount of crime per 100 thousand people instead of just saying which cities have the most crime. But, New york city is much safer than it was years ago, same with Miami.

Silver Stardust
No kidding.

True that. I wouldn't put NYC that far back from like Boston...i dunno about the other cities, i've never been to any of those cities besides Boston, Washington, and L.A. ...i do wanna move to San Fransico when i'm older though, last article i read was that San Fran was like #3 on the list of safest cities.

ragesRemorse
You could have made that quote more reasonable by saying humanity. whatprompted you to say that anyway? Was it because a bullshit web poll taken by public perception?

Darth Surgent
Rage, I know that you can take a joke when you're drunk.

The solution: get drunk more often.

http://img103.exs.cx/img103/3781/beer.gif

Tex
bullshit web poll?
Its was a Gallop phone poll.

Gallop being the most respected polling agency.

ragesRemorse
I'm partially drunk, does that count. I wasn't flaming your post, just wandered what made you think that. I thought it was the fact that America has a such poll as to what is the safest city in our country. That is pretty bad. what ever happened to the most livable city poll?

BadKitty
I found this list with safest and most dangerous..I think it could be accurate because ohio is all over there dangerous list and I live here and can say it's quite a defiled state.

http://homebuying.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=homebuying&zu=http://www.morganquitno.com/cit03pop.htm

eleveninches
THe safest city from a terrorist attack would be a less-know city, as the terrorists would not bother to bomb it.

yerssot
move out?

Jackie Malfoy
I do'nt think there is any safe citys in the usa.All the bad news offen come from cities.Like york(NJ) New York and Philly(pa).It depends acouse what you mean by safe.
Do you mean by the terriest or by crime?Also Washion would be the worst state to live in now.I would never want to live there.JM

Clovie
sorry.. but where are you from? confused

Jackie Malfoy
I am from the Garden state!Why do you ask?Oh and I re read the post again.So I am going to change my answear to saying that no state is safe when it comes to attecks.
THe most likly thing they can do is bomb somewhere unknown inleast acouse they are aiming for the white house.JM

Clovie
you mean you're from USA? confused just curious.

and ithought the idea of the thread was what ppl think about their cities, and not where the attact is most probably to happen.

Jackie Malfoy
Me too!Yes I am from the usa!Is it what this thread is about?Now I am confuse more then ever!JM Oh well!

eleveninches
is this about terrorism or crime?

yerssot
Many people could have told you that.Just so you know Happy Dance

WindDancer
Ditto

botankus
This study is obviously meant to include cities whose metropolitan areas are around 2 million people.

I live in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, which has about 1 million people in it, and it's safer than probably all of the cities on that list.

Afro Cheese
Same with Charlotte, NC. Nicest big city I've ever been too.

Nazgulinthedark
new orleans is the most dangerous city in the US smart

mc pee pants
i was thinking of wiping my dog's @ss with that list, but then i realized that my dog's @ss would've ended up with more sh!t.

botankus
Savannah, Georgia and Pine Bluff, Arkansas are also mid-sized cities, though smaller than New Orleans, which are extremely dangerous if you're in the wrong parts.

yerssot
New Orleans!
Home of pirates, drunks, and whores!
New Orleans!
Tacky, overpriced, souvenir stores!
If you want to go to hell, you should make that trip,
To the Sodom and Gomorrah on the Mississipp'!

New Orleans!
Stinking, rotten, vomiting, vile!
New Orleans!
Putrid, brackish, maggoty, foul!
New Orleans!
Crummy, lousy, rancid, and rank!

- Song from The Simpsons: A Streetcar Named Marge

Silver Stardust
Yerss, do you have a quote for everything? laughing out loud

Chicago's got one of the highest murder rates in the country...messed

yerssot
You see everything, you see every part
You see all my light and you love my dark
You dig everything of which I'm ashamed
There's not anything to which you can’t relate
And you’re still here

- Everything, by Alanis Morissette

how do you mean S? wink

Silver Stardust
stick out tongue nearly everytime someone posts, you somehow have a quote (mostly from the Simpsons, I've noticed) that relates to it...would I be correct in saying that you have way too much time on your hands?

yerssot
damnit silver... I knew this song with "time" in it, but I can't remember it cry

well, I can say:

"we don't have so much time"
- old geezer in The Empire Strikes Back

I just wuv quotes happy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.