Best musical experience ever?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alpha Centauri
What is or has been your greatest ever musical experience?

It can be anything. A live show, sitting in your room with an album thinking about stuff. Any scenario.

Mine would have to be around April 01. It was leading up to the release of "Lateralus" and me and my closest friend, his girlfriend and my girlfriend would just chill and listen to music in my house after school or at lunch. Discuss things, think about nothing or think about something. Whatever was happening. One day we shared our first psychedelic experience and listened to "Aenima".

I can't explain it but provided you are of able mind, I recommend highly having a psychedelic experience in a safe environment such as your home or something. Because you really cannot grasp......anything really, until you have.

So anyway, we was listening to it and it all made sense. You can grasp meanings normally, but listening to "Third Eye" while having that experience just makes you realise alot of things you would never have before.

Amazing experience with music that I'll never forget.

-AC

Dr. Strangelove
Well there is two that come to mind right now.

1. It's not really a moment but lots of moments as I remember all the times on weekend were I would plug earphones in my boom box late at night and listen to the radio for a couple of hours. If there was just crap playing I would listen to sports talk, but when a song I liked came on, man it was pure heaven. It was nice because I was in my own little world with nothing to worry about, nothing to bother me. My mind was completely free.

2. The first time I listened to "Dance with the Devil" by Immortal Technique. I had "Rev 1" playing on my laptop while I was working on an essay. When "DWTD" started I stopped typing and just listened. When it was over I had a wide eyed look that I haven't had since I watched JFK for the first time. I was in sheer aw struck of a song that could present a story so well and have a twist better than most movie twists. As I remember when the twist happened I remember saying to myself "HOLLE SH*T, THIS IS SICK!". I have never had a song have a effect on me like that.

I know there is a couple more moments that will come back to me.

Cinemaddiction
Seeing Def Leppard live. There's nothing like experiencing the music of metal's most important bands played to absolute perfection.

Corran
Britney Spears sweated on me at her concert in Manchester a few years back - I have not washed since.

Alpha Centauri
I recommend that you do. She might sue you for having a part of her without paying ridiculous amounts of money for it.

-AC

My greatest musical experience was probabaly listening to Sublime after smoking...I think i was listening to Santeria, my favorite Sublime song.

Another great musical experience happened while i was at a Yellowcard show in Manhatten. This was way before they became popular. But i just remember listening to "Star Struck," my favorite Yellowcard song, and just living in the moment.

The Third great musical experience was listening to Immortal Technique-Revolutionary Volume 2 for the first time, i was blown away, like literally, i fell over shouting "yes!"

And lastly probably the moment i'll remember forever is when i was in 2nd grade and had my first crush and i heard the song "As i lay me down to sleep" for the first time on a radio that we had in my classroom. I'll never forget how i felt, and since then i've always associated a girl i'm serious about with that song. And to this day it remains one of my favorite songs (my hidden pleasure that not many people know about).

yeah i know this was long.

Spicy_Mchaggis
i was listening to santaria from sublime while zoning out and i recalled the perfect times i have had with my best friends over the past years and i thought about everything that had happened and it was just so peaceful and blissful that i played the song over 12 times before i stopped.

I was listening to lacuna coil's to myself i turned and i was off in my happy place and i just thought about if i had a world of my own where it was just me and my closest friends how wonderful things would be.

i thing music is a gateway to a realm of a section of the brain that shows true intelligence.

<<Solo>>
Seeing Death Cab For Cutie. And also seeing thetravel theexperiment.
It was awesome.

Darth Jello
well, I've met Jello Biafra, Jack Grisham, Ron Emory, and Mike Roche. That was pretty cool...although hanging around Jack for more than 15 minutes can be a bit trying

tabby999
1. Hanging out with Frenzal Rhomb for a hour and a half and standing by the stage when they played, then receiving a birthday present from them.....best moment of my life

2. Seeing Metallica live, and while some chick i didn't know sat on my shoulders 10,000 people sang One all together, then seing the stage explode with pyrotechs

3. Seing Poison the Well live front row, then having a security guard take my shirt and get it signed, all in a act of good will

Df02
Either seeing Alec Empire for the first time...was in a tiny little club, i was barely 5ft from him for the whole thing and the whole set was played to perfection - 1 of the best nights of my life actually, the whole day and night was great!

or, seeing Alec Empire for the 5th time when it was a DJ set during an album launch party that me and my mate snuck in to, and i actually managed to meet Alec Empire and chat, Zan Lyons and Robbie Furze - was well happy...also got to pee infront of the suicide girls because there was only 1 toilet and they were getting changed at the time hehe (hard to pee with a semi, ill tell you that much)
then when we left we missed the last train so had to sit in a cybercafe until 5am, and ppl were actually still in there playin g games...confused

Deathblow
I have two, both Opeth related.

One was when I saw Opeth live, and they performed Face Of Melinda to close the set. It's hard to describe why it was so amazing, it was just these four Swedish guys standing on the stage playing acoustic guitars, but the sound they were producing was just beyond words. It didn't reverberate off you like most rock music, it sort of washed over you like water. It was the first and only time I've ever heard every person at a gig go completely silent. Nobody wanted to ruin the mood.

The other was when I first heard Orchid by Opeth all the way through. I was at the airport to meet my cousins, but their flight had been delayed by an hour or so, so I thought what the hell, I sat across one of those really uncomfortable padded plastic chairs facing the glass that looked out over the runway, and I listened to the album all the way through from start to finish. I was so gripped by it, everyting around me faded away, all the people and the noise, I even forgot about the huge jets landing like 40 meters in front of me. I've never appreciated a piece of music as much as I did that day, and I'm sure I never will.

And that dragged on longer than I intended.

Darth Revan
Hearing "The Hollow" for the first time. My heart skipped a beat--no, screw that, it skipped five. It was like a religious experience. Like ****ing nirvana for two minutes and 38 seconds.

The other one would have to be driving home late at night with my friends, with the radio cranked all the way up. We couldn't see shit probably ten feet ahead of us because of the fog, but the music was good.

Alpha Centauri
See what I mean? Just by speaking about music you can have quite a lengthy outpouring of stuff you never expected. Music rules.

-AC

KMC
Being in a VW CamperVan, in France when i was 5 or 6 listening to Bob Dylan. Of course at that age i had no idea what an effect it was having on me at the time- i just enjoyed the music but i thank my dad for being a Dylan fan and for owning that damn van.
A load of sentimental, nostalgic crap, i know.

Kate xx

mouth
prolly at the sly & robbie concert.. amazing vibrations from everyone, being outside in nature, just there to enjoy the music and the ganja.. probably one of the best nights in my life.. music was amazing too, finally some old skool reggae

MornGlory
havent seen many shows in my little life...

seeing Oasis in Birmingham, UK - loved it

seeing Staind in Wichita, KS - trying to get my ticket stub out of my back pocket and having Aaron Lewis just starring at me waiting on me.. then getting his autograph

also, in Wichita, KS - seeing Metallica!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.