nominations for next weeks poll for December's book of the month

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BadKitty
Please Read
if any one has a book they would like me to include in next weeks poll I post for December's book of the month please post them here.(if your shy you can pm me)

please keep in mind that I can only make the poll with a couple handfuls of nominations,so if there are to many nominations some will have to excluded perhaps if you see one nominated you agree with say you'd like that one as well. the more a book is wanted it will be surely placed in the poll.

one nomination per person please to try to keep the poll at around ten. if one person nominates more than one book the first will be included in the poll or if another person also agrees with the second book nominated that book should also be included.

also if there is to few nominations I am going to use the most popular votes from November's poll as the fillers.

I want our book club to be enjoyed by everyone who wishes to participate all your suggestions and ideas are very much appreciated!

~bkk

p.s.~ (try to)Keep book in the confines of the forums pg-13 rating.
Book should be in print and available in paperback edition.

p.s.s. ~ any one nominating a book from a trilogy or a series must specify the particular book and not the entire group of books in order to be included in the voting process for the book of the month.

BadKitty
I am gonna nominate some thing Kurt Vonnegut I think.not sure which book though embarrasment

Mr Zero
Most of my favourite novels are the older classics, the big guns. I think that only one adult contemporary novel of the last 10 years makes it onto my all time faves list. Carter Beats the Devil by Glen David Gold. After I read it I told everyone I knew that if they read it and didn't like it I'd refund the cost of the book. In an attempt to make sure we don't spend another month talking about anatomy I'll make the same promise here.

http://www.bookreporter.com/art/covers/140w/0786867345.jpg

Carter at Amazon

Mr Zero
Ohhhhh! I'll be interested to see which you go for.

Clovie
cat's cradle stick out tongue just an idea.

i would nominate something.. but re-consider it before putting into pol, ok? confused
m. bułhakov - master and margerita.

Mr Zero
thats a great book...

Clovie
i know big grin

Vampy
I second clovie's nomination love You got my favorite book, clovers stick out tongue

Silver Stardust
I'll nominate...hmm...Memoirs of a Geisha, by Arthur Golden.

(love that book....)

pinsleepe
Yes, Clovie's right, but when I nominated it two months, it got 2 votes: mine and Artores, cause I made him vote.

About Vonnegut, I suggest 'The Breakfast for Champions'.

Mr Zero
Pin selects my all-time favourite vonnegut.. its like a big psychic love-fest!

("of"wink

pinsleepe
eek! I love it! He's genius!

BadKitty
okay you guys made up my mind 'The Breakfast for Champions' it is! big grin

Clovie
luvly happy

coolboarder98
I nominate Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Londonboy7
Once agen THe hichhickes guide...

Dreampanther
ILLUSIONS: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah, by Richard Bach.

Mr Zero
Oh crap - now I'm utterly conflicted.... I love this book: I don't like livingston seagull, but I've enjoyed most of Bach's other books & this one especially. I'd be super curious to see what other people thought about it.

BadKitty
this nomination thread is one of the best so far we have had...I really like all the choices that have been made.

I'm excited to see who'll win this one smile

Mr Zero
Im excited to see you!

BadKitty
Ditto !!! I'm always happy when your here happy

BadKitty
todays the last day peeps so if got some nom's please get them inwhip

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.