New Superman Costume

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manosteel
If you had the chance to change the costume of The Man Of Steel what would you do to it and why

harman
i would make the logo more modern, maybe even changing the colours to black and blue. i think it may even be kool to put a bit of green in it, referencing back to his kryptonite history .

kalantiaw
his colors are the first to go... i would put him in a gray-fox like costume. his new colors would be red and black. the cape is gone. the logo would be smaller, like a crest on his left breast... and definitely, i would make his hair all spiked up...

Jedi Shmedi
Why mess with a good thing? I personally don't think they should change it.

BUT, if I had to, I would actually go really really really really really old school and give him his costume from the 1940 cartoon series.

The emblem is outlined in yellow, the inside is black and the costume and cape are a bit darker overall, and why not give him the squinty eyes?

I can see it now....... "Action Comics: Old School" I'd go for that.

Clark_Kent
any explination about the two supermans' that were blue and red.

John Deer
i would probly make it black and blue so they couldnt see him in the night wen hes trying to hide!

superman all the way rock

goku-vs-superma
he'd lose the cape, spike his hair, metal gauntlets cuz they look cool, every where on his old costume that used to be blue would be black, the "s" symbol would be HUGE and cover his whole chest and most of his abdomin, his yellow belt would be thicker,he wouldn't have a seperate color for his underwear on the outside thing....

goku-vs-superma
ummmm
he'd look less boy scouty.... more like a fighter or a kryptonian

Draco69
This is BY FAR the best remix of Superman's costume :

rajah kalantiaw
i'm liking the no undrwear over the pants thing... also the no belt and drker colors.

DarkCrawler
I liked the "Red Son" Superman costume.

Red Superfly
Keep him red and blue. That remic pic up there looks sweet. I'd keep him red and blue, and keep the cape, definitely. The long red cape is the best part of Superman.

No yellow, just red and blue. His hair is fine. Get rid of the yellow and the underpants over the costume.

Spiked up hair? This isn't Beyblade or some crap anime.

eleveninches
MAinstream costumes:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Superman/superman.htm

Elseworlds
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/generations/elseworlds.htm
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/generations/sonofsuperman/sonofsuperman.htm
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Jla/onemillion/onemillion.htm
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Kingdom%20Come/kingdomcome.htm

Lord-of-Dreams
I say keep the colours and cape. Lose the belt and underwear. Make him a touch more rugged, but realistic enough to keep attention. As stated before, Supes can't get spiky hair. But I also hate all the 'aura's, you know?? All that gay static?? And while youre at it, spike his personality a bit. Make him badass.

hotsauce6548
Here goes my superman.

I made it on a website, and spiced it up a bit on photoshop, just fer show.

Draco69
Very cool. Superboy should wear that when he grows up.

grey fox
super boy never grows up duuuuuuuuuuuur

Draco69
Actually he's been cured of that affliction. duuuuuuuur roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord-of-Dreams
Has he really?? Sick!!
Anyway, I like that costume, Hotsauce####(not willing to remember anything more than 'hotsauce' and the fact that it is followed by numbers. Sorry.lol). The line indicating that the suit is both pants and shirt pleases me. My only problem with it is the size of the S. It covers too much of him chest IMHO. But I'm a ruff critic so...

DirectorFitz
I wouldn't change anything except for the infamous underpants...it doesn't really bother me....but I wouldn't mind if they were gone

Napalm
No cape black suit with silver logo

David Duchovony
I agree that's my favorite costume.

rajah kalantiaw
i like this one...

Red Superfly
Man, any "cool" costume is lame.

Superman wouldn't be Superman unless he has some blue, some red and that damn red cape.

Any costume where he's "badass" - using a black costume with some uber "wicked" silver lining and goth boots or some crappy Dragonball Z hairstyle is NOT Superman. No "dark" hoods or masks or some lame shit.

Superman should continue to look like the iconic superhero that he is. Bright, wonderful colours.

"Anti-hero" or "badass" superheroes are the big thing these days. You can cut the teenage angst with a knife. OH THE ANGST!

I don't want to ever see Superman fall victim to some 13 year old newblets idea of whats "cool".

Auras suck. Superman should not glow.

The costume is almost timeless. The underpants need to go. He could do with a little colourring change in the same way Spider-Mans original costume has changed, i.e. make the tones darker and more natural looking. Bright oceon blue isn't happening. A nice, vibrant royal blue would be awesome.

Superman should be clean shaven, and have his slick haircut. He should look handsome, not rugged and all Wolverine-esque. There are a million superheroes like that turning up and its very tiring.

Superman + Teenage Angst = suckage.

eleveninches
mainstream superman costumes are here:
http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Superman/superman.htm

kneehigh2Agh
Yeah,
What the hell people? Superman needs to look like superman...clad in the oh so classic look! He isn't the "cool" guy...I mean his cover up is kinda geeky. Wait, actually I think that is what Reeves put into the character. Just because he has glasses doesn't make him a geek. But let me say that I like that angle. I hate the approach of the different TV Supermen...I think he has been more "cool" than not of late...I can't dig it. Some minor updates would be wise, but his look should not change drastically. I am a long time fan of the Sup...I still have that squeeze-leg punch action figure somewhere. On another note...I think the cast is looking good for superman returns.

kneehigh2Agh
No, some generations...are dumb asses! We have seen some terrible incarnations of our beloved superheros.

ayjay
if anything should change...i think all that reall yneeds to be done is darken all the tones...ie...dark blue, dark red (crimson/morone), bronze belt and sign, not yellow. And also maybe get rid of the outer-underwear

kanis
alien Superman looks best in his original costume and the superman lightning costume and they should stick to that in the movie.

black_goku#1
nice pic. any way dude the underwear have to go! whats with super heros sportin it over pants anyway? i.e. superman batman aquaman
thor captin america wonderwoman? were the writers and artists a little bored

The Inkeeper
Rajah, why the **** do you have superman looking like an imperial guard?

wuTa
the first pic was the best....i agree with the people that say adjust his costume dont change it...if superman isnt wearing blue and red than its not superman

black_goku#1
seriously lose the underwear and darkrn the blue itd be perfect sad smart

rajah kalantiaw
i don't know... sh!t. i didn't make it. i just like the way it looks.

black_goku#1
did anyone cathch jlu yesterday? i was pissed

Aragon
I would ditch the underwear, and belt. I then would replace the yellow in his simble with black, oh and I would also get rid of the simble on the back of his cape.

Spiderman_RJ
the same way Spider-Mans original costume has changed,

what u mean by that,?? his uniform never changed ( except that it was back with a bit of dark blue, and red, and now its red and dark blue with a little dark areas (shadings).
or u are talking about the movie, when they removed the ladybug from spiderman and added the venom like spider logo. i alway thoug spiderman back logo should be like venoms one, but after so many years i kinda like more the ladybug spider like on his back (on the comics of course and i hope they never change) in the movie the vneom spider is cool

P021273
my favorite superman's costume pictire are:

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Spiderman_RJ
the same way Spider-Mans original costume has changed,

what u mean by that,?? his uniform never changed ( except that it was back with a bit of dark blue, and red, and now its red and dark blue with a little dark areas (shadings).

Dude, that's what I meant.

Spider-Man's blue bits used to be a flat blue, with the same specular shading as the red bits. Now, he is drawn differently. His blue bits are still blue, but now it's like a dark blue material with blue specular highlights. That's what would be cool for Superman's costume.

Darth_Nefarus
I would keep it the exact same in design, and the colors would be
black cape, and blue with a silver S

black_goku#1
i agree but lose the underwear

Darth_Nefarus
the underwear are too funny to dispose of

MayhemSymbiote
this work look nice....

The Last Son
What are you guys? nuts? Superman's image is an American Tradition. To change it would be like changing the American Flag. Don't mess with a good thing. His costume is awesome the way it is. His hair has to have the classic "S" bang. Don't mess with a good thing.

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by The Last Son
What are you guys? nuts? Superman's image is an American Tradition. To change it would be like changing the American Flag. Don't mess with a good thing. His costume is awesome the way it is. His hair has to have the classic "S" bang. Don't mess with a good thing.

Amen brother, amen smile

Jedi Shmedi
Well, we were all waiting for it and Bryan Singer finally did it. he changed the Superman costume without changing it, I reallly like how they kept it classic, the only thing I don't like is the "S" on his belt buckle, kinda cheesy.

Draco69
The costume you are referring to is fake. It was just somebody messing around with photoshop.

Jedi Shmedi
I doubt it, the pic was published at www.superherohype.com , it's real.

Draco69
Sorry. The other guy posted it on another forum said it was his work. My apologies.

I REALLY HOPE its fake. It sucks. NO UNDERWEAR! The spandex is ridiculous. It looks COMPLETELY outdated. What material did they use? I could make a better costume.

rubber dickie
looks too rubbery. almost like batman's costume. and the "s" on the belt buckle is redundant. the cape looks like it's made out of leather. the raised "s" on his chest kinda bothered me too.

GalacticStorm
no keep the core colors but modernise the emblem and the suit overall but get rid of the cape it's soo god damn dated.

His new costume should be exactly more or less like the picture draco showed but get rid of that damn cape

Mainstream
I like the cape

P021273
superman

ayjay
keep the cape, keepthe raised emblem....but i want the emblem to be bigger! The front looks so plain...if the made the emblembigger it would ten times better....i not a fan of the S on the belt either.....but the cap is good...the blue is too briught

astrofan428
Looks like he is ready to shoot a crappy 60's tv show.

nimbus006
Yea the costume looks horrible i agree the blue is to bright, the S is to raised or should be bigger, the belt buckle should be plain, and the material looks cheap... and i think they should inject steroids into this kid so he looks bigger...lol

astrofan428
I guess I am the first to look there, but shouldnt the man of steel have balls of steel? There is nothing there.

Now I can tell girls I am better equiped than superman, they will then laugh and walk away.

ayjay
AHAHAHAHA!! laughing...nice call astrofan....

DarthLazious
He is the coolest super hero ever created and his costume is so very awsome.

Mainstream
that's the debatable Black suit with a silver S would have rocked...I know I know "but that's not my superman" but hey jazz the dude up..he's been wearing the blue and red for like a 100 years (technically just over 65.)

DirectorFitz
I like the suit...it's iconic

Zod4Life
I'd have the boots made bigger and make the maroon red a little more like the classic red he wears.I'd also make the blue a little darker.Also,I'd like to see them make a decent black and silver costume for when he goes away and the suit we have seen could be for when he returns.They could have more than 2 costumes in the film.There will be a black and silver costume and I hope they do a good job.

Blair Wind
I like this one alot

whirlysplat
Not just an american icon, a world icon, it should never be changed, not even for mon and apple pie Originally posted by The Last Son
What are you guys? nuts? Superman's image is an American Tradition. To change it would be like changing the American Flag. Don't mess with a good thing. His costume is awesome the way it is. His hair has to have the classic "S" bang. Don't mess with a good thing. cowboycowboycowboy

Jack Daniels
just skip on up to prime......he looks coolest

TMACalicious
Couldn't've said it better my self bro. The Red, Blue n Yellow is just too good to be ditched for something else. It's what defines the Man of Steel!

darkthoughtbox
DONT CHANGE HIS OUTFIT. IT's what makes Superman who he is. I can understand if they modify the material to look modern. But don't touch the freaking suit. It should stay the way it is. I've seen the new suit, it looks like crap. They need to go back to the way it was with Christopher Reeves and put a smack of viremen on it and kick it up a few notches with some Essence of Emmeril.
Superman is not just some fly by night thing. He is a fiber in the fabric of American history, you can't just put a production on to make money, time is needed to create a good continuation to the very good legacy that the late Christopher Reeves left us with.

Take that Hollywood, stuff that in your pipe and smoke it!

goku-vs-superma
i agree that the color scheme should definately stay the same! if anything should change i would get rid of the cape. in a fight a cape has no use all it does is give his opponent something to grab! maybe the belt should be thicker and actually be given a purpose! all it does is sit there i mean his costume is skin tight he doesnt need a belt! and as for the outside underwear.....its just too damn restricting and its a scientifically proven fact that tight underwear can lower the sperm count. big grin

P021273
http://comics.toonzone.net/solicitations/2003-01/superman/superman-laststand.jpg

roughrider
Originally posted by Draco69
This is BY FAR the best remix of Superman's costume :

So where did this image of Supes come from? I like it; his look is more streamlined, like Shazam. If the S is too stylized for some, they can tweak the ends. The red shorts gone is a big plus, along with no yellow.
Is he wearing this in any comic, or is this a poster?

Fanboy
I would make the costume like the same one when Superman wore that darker colored suit the one he wore after he mourned the people he mourned after the imperiex war with no underwear or belt just pants with the same boots like the kind batman has but it would be red like always also I think he should get some gloves along with that.

hakavon
Originally posted by Lord-of-Dreams
I say keep the colours and cape. Lose the belt and underwear. Make him a touch more rugged, but realistic enough to keep attention. As stated before, Supes can't get spiky hair. But I also hate all the 'aura's, you know?? All that gay static?? And while youre at it, spike his personality a bit. Make him badass.

But why change the "S" to blue?

Why not reverse the reds and blues you have there?

Still not convinced the cape shouldn't be red tho'.

From the front, the inside is gray like you have it, maybe, but the outside is red? Sort of like Tim Drake's gray/black and yellow cape?

Jedi Shmedi
Originally posted by roughrider
So where did this image of Supes come from? I like it; his look is more streamlined, like Shazam. If the S is too stylized for some, they can tweak the ends. The red shorts gone is a big plus, along with no yellow.
Is he wearing this in any comic, or is this a poster?

That was from an issue of Wizard Magazine, they had about 6-7 pages of re-designed costumes for DC's big hitters (i.e. Supes, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern etc.)

FistOfThe North
If I had to change anything about the Superman suit I'd probably be to change the 3D plated "S" on his chest into the woven or painted on version, but it's not that big a deal, I foresee myself getting accustomed to it maybe.

Piedmon
First, I'd remove the red trunks, and have the belt much thinner, brass with an S-buckle. This thinner belt would loop through the pants. (Superman's suit would now be a tight-fitting two piece instead of a one-piece bodysuit.)

Detailing the dark blue pants and shirt would be two patches of red, running up the outer thighs and over either flank under Superman's arms. His S-logo, much more obtuse, would take up almost all of his chest, and two identical but smaller logos would decorate either shoulder. Beneath that, he'd have a deep red patch over the muscles of his upper arms, both the bicep and tricep of either arm. Over his forearms would be two pointed bracers, red, which go up over the back of his hands. These are bound to his arm by tight golden cords. He wears knee-high red boots, capped in a square pad over either knee.

Superman's cape would be short, about knee-length. The deep red cloth hangs over one shoulder, bound around his neck by a thick golden cord. I think it would be really cool if Superman wore a cape that weighed about 100,000 lbs. for training purposes, and tossed it off before a serious fight.

random task
pretty intricate description. personally, say again, PERSONALLY, i think the golden cords and the knee pads are a bit too much. nice one about the cape though. that is really a cool visual. imagine the cape just dropping to the floor just before supes kick ass. he'd be faster than faster than a speeding bullet without it.

botcherby
Originally posted by Piedmon
Superman's cape would be short, about knee-length. The deep red cloth hangs over one shoulder, bound around his neck by a thick golden cord. I think it would be really cool if Superman wore a cape that weighed about 100,000 lbs. for training purposes, and tossed it off before a serious fight.

WOW, how dragonball z like your description is.... grud help us all

Piedmon
Hey, a good idea is a good idea.... it makes sense. If Superman wants to be all he can be, he ought to train.

roughrider
Originally posted by Piedmon
Hey, a good idea is a good idea.... it makes sense. If Superman wants to be all he can be, he ought to train.

Well...moving around with a 50-ton cape. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Never heard of that before, I'll give you that.

Piedmon
100,000 tons. This is Superman, no scrub.

ZephroCarnelian
Yes. Moving around with a 100,000 ton cape.

Because when he goes to fight a villain in metropolis, where is he going to put his cape? If he throws it off, like you suggest, it'd destroy the city!

And where's he going to store it...?

Space?

Is he going to have to fly into orbit to get his cape, everytime he wants to look the part???

wink

Piedmon
He just has to be careful....

alic88
i seriously think they should keep the underpants. Even though YES YES they might look strange and weird and what not, but this is superman we are talking about. Superman's probably the only one who can get away with red underpants. So lets not change the tradition.

random task
indeed. i tried red underwear before and its just not the same.

anyways, never thought about everything else everybody said about the cape. all good points. imagine getting smacked by that thing while superman flies by.

faster that a speeding bullet? more like a speeding bullet train.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.