Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

VENOMfan
Well..........it's a go, and Nicholas Cage is supposed to play Jhonny Blaze

disscuss away....I guess...

Spawnie
I only have like 5 issues of Ghost Rider, and I bought them in 1996 I think. Well it's not enough, I wanted more but I had to go back home. I like him, but I'm interested in how r they gonna portray his flaming head. Yeah CGi, but sometimes that don't work too well. I hope it's gonna be rated R.

malkavian
its got a lot of potential things to make a good movie
but they can so sqreuw it up

eleveninches
There are so many comic book movie adaptations now.

Theat makes it more likely that a crap one will make its way onto the big screen, but it means that the people behind the scenes will have more experience, so big screen adaptations only get better.

VENOMfan
yeah it better be rated R, and perhap's Cage can pull it off if the use a LOT of CGI for the action seen's((i know hes a good actor, but he seems a little old))

Spawnie
Yeah u're actually right he is old. The character he is playing is like 25 or 26 years old I think.

cd_rek
First Make up test for the movie Ghost-Rider.

This really looks extreamly bad mad

DarkCrawler
Dear God.

eleveninches
He looks like one of those hard rock music guys from the 80's

Spawnie
That mask is not even in consideration, that mask was from a previous attempt to make Ghostie. They will never use something like that on Nicholas Cage. U have to forget about Ghostie for a couple of years, cuz u won't see any previews sooner. Same thing goes for Iron Man and Captain America.

Beyonder
I heard that Nicolas Cage is playing Ghost Rider. IMO, this sucks. He doesn't like like Johnny Blaze or Danny Ketch. I just don't think he should be the actor for this.

What do you all think about Cage playing Ghost Rider? Who do you think would fit the shoes for this part better?

Johnny Depp's a better choice as GR. I even heard that he was the choice way back.

Ironman 66
i dont think he would play a good superhero

ragesRemorse
Cage would be a great blaze. Cage has that acting ability to coast on the darksides of characters,but also shed humanity on them. Cage ican be quite badass, just give him some hair plugs and bulk him up a bit and you got pretty much a great god damn blaze, the only person who may have fit the part better would have been edward norton, but then again norton has that hero auro around him, he would also have made a great daredevil and constantine, but Cage will give the performance dont worry about that, worry about the story.

I mean when i first heard cage was playin blaze i was happy, it's a better choice than when he was going to play superman

Mane
i think hes an awesome choice as well.

Spawnie
Oh yeah, u said it! i DONT' HAVE ANYTHING MORE TO SAY CUZ AGAIN rEMORSE SAID IT ALL.

Fearnix
I think Cage would play the role well

Linkalicious
I think he's the best choice that i've heard so far for the role.

ScarletSpider
I think he's a good choice, he's commented on comic books before, he's a big fan and follows them, he even took the stage name Cage after Luke Cage. He would defnatly have passion for the role, and we've seen him put on some serious muscle for roles before, so he could probably get the omni-present superb superhero physique down. Although his hairline isn't too strong, but he'll have a flaming skull, so it doesn't matter lol.

norrin radd
does daniel and johny have the same powers has ghost rider?

MERCILOUS
No.

norrin radd

MERCILOUS
Johnny had superior strength and could project hellfire from his hands. While Dan's bike can scale walls, fly, etc. this is hardly an advantage over Johnny seeing as he was the worlds best daredevil save perhaps the stuntmaster (i think that was his name.) Johnny was more resilient while aparently Dan regeneratees faster. Dan has control over his chain and can do very different things with it, it is magically enchanted and can hurt very resilient things. Dan also has the penance stare which no doubt you are familiar with.

Johnny was still stronger.

norrin radd
thanks

MERCILOUS
No prob.

Myth
Pic of the bike:

ScarletSpider
Is that straight from a movie shot? No fanboy shitting around on his computer. It looks pretty cool, I was kind of worried as to how they would do the bike

I want Ghost Rider to be a very, very good movie. It should be dark, brutal, bloody and incendiery. And unforgiving for those traits.

Myth
I don't know if it is directly from movie footage, but it is directly from the creators of the movie made to at least give a preview of what it will look like. I got it from comingsoon.net.

ScarletSpider
Ok

Myth
The CGI fire around the eyes of the skull thing looks like crap.

pmike
that bike pic is acerockzorro

Myth
From USA Today:

biskit13
Is Cage really the rigfht selection to play J-Blaze, (ghost rider)?

Draco69
God help us...

Sentry
It's pretty much guaranteed he's Blaze.

ScarletSpider
I'm a bit wary, he just doesn't seem to fit the part, but he's a good actor, and he has an affinity for the character and comics in general. He took his screen name, "Cage" from Luke Cage: Hero for Hire.

biskit13
I just think, cage may have the "ccolness" to play blaze, but come on, aint he a little too old?

Sentry
He kinda looks like Nomad who is Johnny Blaze. He needs to BULK UP. He's a twig compared to comic book Johnny.

Myth
This is super-old news. Try using the search button. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31456&highlight=ghost+rider

TheFilmProphet
Old enough to the point where Cage is nearly more than half way done filming Ghost Rider. wink

TheFilmProphet
http://tinypic.com/4vn21t

Subzero90
I tink ghost rider will be a great movie & i tink nicholas cage wil play a good Ghost Rider. yes rock Happy Dance

EYELIKETEKKNOW
Is there anyword on what villians will be in the moive?

Sentry
Originally posted by EYELIKETEKKNOW
Is there anyword on what villians will be in the moive?

Blackheart. I'm pretty sure it's Blackheart.

b-dan
have any of you heard of this guy hes a guy with a skull on fire for a head and he rides a moter cycle well if any of you have heard of him his movie is due for next year

ScarletSpider
Oh yes, I've heard of him. I hope the movie's good, Avi Arad seems pretty pumped about it, and usually he seems pretty reliable, and Cage is a great actor.

BENITO
I've heard of Ghost rider and I knew they were writing a flik about him

Marvelgeek
Promopic

DarkCrawler
Here is an picture of his motorcycle:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Looks cool.

mdbull73
That bike is ****ing super sick!

Who is gonna play ghostrider?

DarkCrawler
The bike sure is great. smile

Nicolas Gage plays GR.

DarkCrawler
Pictures:

http://paleoj.en.eresmas.net/noticias/001968(1).gif

http://paleoj.en.eresmas.net/noticias/001968(2).gif

http://paleoj.en.eresmas.net/noticias/001968(3).gif

ragesRemorse
That bike looks to practical for ghost riders bike. Cage will ruin the movie anyway, so the bike may as well be card board.

Marvelgeek
Pic

long pig
This movie is going to suck so much ass. I understand Nickyboy is a big comic fan and all, but christ's sake, you can't be Superman and you can't be Ghost Rider, dammit.

Going to suck soooooo hard.

olympian
I dunno, i dont mind Cage in it. Its Ghost Rider we want to see not so much Ketch ( is it Ketch or Blaze ) and so far it looks good.

whirlysplat
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
That bike looks to practical for ghost riders bike. Cage will ruin the movie anyway, so the bike may as well be card board.

I agree Cage is far to old for any incarnation of Ghost Rider

Freaky Zeeky
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Here is an picture of his motorcycle:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

Looks cool.

I hope the movie can rank up to Marvel's previous movies.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Freaky Zeeky
I hope the movie can rank up to Marvel's previous movies.

Yeah, i'm sure it will be just as good as Daredevil, Hulk, elektra and the punisher. laughing out loud

whirlysplat
Yeah, i'm sure it will be just as good as Daredevil, Hulk, elektra and the punisher. laughing out loud

Actually damn funny big grin

Freaky Zeeky

laughing out loud I was talking about Spiderman, Hulk and maybe the Fantastic 4.

MERCILOUS

Are you from my brain?

Anyway, Someone should have shot the guy after Water World so honest hardworking people like us don't have to suffer things like this.

long pig
Cage was in Water World?
I think that was Kevin Kosner. Why do people think that movie was so bad? I kinda liked it, he purified his pee!

MERCILOUS
yeah and he couldn't purify the sea water?

I think you're thinkin escape from L.A..

Marvelgeek
It's Kevin costner in waterworld, escape from LA is kurt russel.

Alpha Centauri
Hulk didn't suck.

It only sucked for idiots who went to the movies to see him fighting things and destroying things.

I personally went for the story and the movie.

-AC

DarkCrawler
You are not idiot if you want to see that...that is basically what Hulk is about.

As for myself, I wanted to see Hulk destroy things.

dawsey28
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Hulk didn't suck.

It only sucked for idiots who went to the movies to see him fighting things and destroying things.

-AC

And the story and the movie sucked. Didn't catch the essence of Hulk at all.

Why do people have to call other people idiots because they have a different opinion? It is silly to do this.

And this is a Ghost Rider thread which looks like it is going to suck, also.

Alpha Centauri
I didn't go to see "Hulk Smash! Hulk Bash!".

No, that's not what Hulk is about. It's what people mostly know, but it's not what his character is about. It's one, famous facet of his character.

If it was all fighting and shit, people would have moaned about lack of story. The story is great and they complain about lack of action.

I think they did it brilliantly. Not having Hulk turn up every 5 minutes just made his arrivals all the better.

It totally caught the essence of Hulk. From the scenery to the way he acted.

-AC

MERCILOUS
Originally posted by Marvelgeek
It's Kevin costner in waterworld, escape from LA is kurt russel.

Damn, Costner's lost alot of hair.

No, that's not what Hulk is about. It's what people mostly know, but it's not what his character is about. It's one, famous facet of his character.

If it was all fighting and shit, people would have moaned about lack of story. The story is great and they complain about lack of action.

I think they did it brilliantly. Not having Hulk turn up every 5 minutes just made his arrivals all the better.

-AC

So ummm, I guess somehow you got lost, wandered into an interdimensional portal on your way to the theatre and saw a totally different movie than everyone else in the world.

Freaky Zeeky
Hulk didn't suck.

-AC

Isnt Hulk basically oriented around destroying stuff? confused

Protector
Isn't this a Ghost Rider forum. Does any one know when the movie comes out

Scoobless
i didn't know they had even decided to definitely make a GR movie until i came into this thread

Marvelgeek
Summer 2006

ScarletSpider
No. The story surrounding the Hulk is an update of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, with Frankenstein elements thrown in. It should be as much about Banner as it is about Hulk.

grey fox
Finally someone other then me who likes the hulk movie .... does anyone like the daredevil movie cause i did , X-men sucked though it was just fanboyism on a screen.

dawsey28
Yes, I liked Daredevil. As did a couple others on this board. (That's it though. Check the daredevil thread--where this discussion belongs-- if you don't believe. )

Lets stay on topic and talk about that Ghost Rider movie. 'kay.

You know, keep that Hulk and Daredevil discussion where it belongs so it doesn't clog up this thread.

ScarletSpider
Avi Arad commented that Ghost Rider would be PG-13. Which sucks, because it should be a badass demon gore fest.

dawsey28
^
I agree completely with that. But who knows, they may surprise us.

Oh, who am I kidding? Right?

darktim1
I saw some pics from set on entertainment tonight accouple of months ago of the hell cycle wheels on fire and the bike was moving. They showed the teaser at comic con and you can read about it at superherohype.com. I think nic cage will prove in end he was right for the role.

house
blackheart

DarkCrawler
That's Blackheart?

Suckysuckysucksuck.

roughrider

-AC

I agree. The Hulk comic has always been heavy on the psychology of Bruce Banner, and that's what I wanted to see. If I want nothing but two hours of juggernaut destruction and nothing else, I'll watch Godzilla.

house
That's Blackheart?

Suckysuckysucksuck.

Yeah thats exactly what i thought, Looks more like a member of greenday.

I am hoping that my love of gr will triumph over the suckiness of this movie.

But hey it could be ok... Ghost rider looks cool.

Im still hanging out for the teaser.

house
gr

chilled monkey
No offence, but come on! Wait until you see the film before judging it. I mean you haven't even seen it and already you've decided you hate it? Give it a chance!

Personally I think Nic Cage will do a great job.

house
so do I... I think it could be great.

grey fox
It could be a good film emphasis on the word could , although currently I'm holding out for V for Vendetta

chilled monkey
Originally posted by house
so do I... I think it could be great.

That's the spirit.

Cool poster by the way.

Mando
Written by David S. Goyer.

There is hope people.

house
what are some of his films?

house
How about the camera, a few inches off the grounds, following someone in biker boots as they stomp slowly and deliberately down some dark alley. Then, you hear someone whimpering. The alley comes to a dead end. A thug scurries petrified against the wall. A chain drops in front of the camera which then rises slowly up the back of the stalker. Thugs eyes widen as you glimpse a burning head, a glimpse of skull within.

Scream. Blackness.

GR logo bursts into flames on the screen.

Thats what the trailer should be like...

Bushwacker
Hoping Nicolas Cage at least got some hair transplants during his deal with the devil......

Seriously though, I'll wait until I see the movie before I pass judgement. I'm just glad that this is finally getting made into a movie.

Mando
what are some of his films?

Goyer?

Batman begins, for one.

Inspectah Deck
blackheart

Looks like Keanu

MC_GG
You guys underrating this movie too much. Watch as I get the last laugh on you guys when Ghost Rider is a hit in the box office.

redcaped
Whoever created this guy Superman has a logic explanation just like others, but

Myth
How about the camera, a few inches off the grounds, following someone in biker boots as they stomp slowly and deliberately down some dark alley. Then, you hear someone whimpering. The alley comes to a dead end. A thug scurries petrified against the wall. A chain drops in front of the camera which then rises slowly up the back of the stalker. Thugs eyes widen as you glimpse a burning head, a glimpse of skull within.

Scream. Blackness.

GR logo bursts into flames on the screen.

Thats what the trailer should be like...

Isn't there already a teaser trailer out? I started to watch it several months back but it was glitchy so I stopped it and decided to wait for a good quality one.

Myth
Yeah, here it is: http://www.efavata.com/CBM/GhostRider.htm

It apparently has been out since July but this version still doesn't want to work properly on my computer.

Myth
Nevermind, it does work. I just had to let it play through once with all of its glitches but second time through it was smooth. Although it doesn't really show Nick Cage AS Ghost Rider.

house
Yeah that is not fully finished, The fully rendered trailer is yet to come. It will probly be much the same but with a few cgi effects added...

vader519
Guys, if you go to the ghost rider website and enter the site, you get your first look at Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider, and he looks awesome. Here is the link.

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/site/rider.html

roughrider
Now the film has been pushed back all the way to February 2007 - Sony/Columbia claims they have so many films to release next year, they couldn't really give this the weekend slot they wanted.
So - what's the REAL story? aka What's Wrong?
Have Mark Steven Johnson done another hack directing job?

house
MSJ is awesome, Daredevil ruled...

sexyking
You are not idiot if you want to see that...that is basically what Hulk is about.

As for myself, I wanted to see Hulk destroy things.

Amen to that i mean whats a hulk film without a lot of hulk bash hulk smash

el barto_1
HAHAHA the bike looked like something out of the 1997 SPAWN movie...whitch sucked...this is gonna suck so much ass

house
Originally posted by el barto_1
HAHAHA the bike looked like something out of the 1997 SPAWN movie...whitch sucked...this is gonna suck so much ass

You suck so much ass, And for the record spawn 1997 ruled.

Grimm22
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/ghost-rider.asp

I just came across this.

I think this is new although i'm probobly wrong.

But, from the looks of it, im getting bad deja voo of the Spawn movie.

sad

Takion
Originally posted by Grimm22
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/ghost-rider.asp

I just came across this.

I think this is new although i'm probobly wrong.

But, from the looks of it, im getting bad deja voo of the Spawn movie.

sad
Thank you for posting it.

Takion
Nicholas isnt playing that good. Looks like a Spawn movie. Wheres Batman?

Dark Shazam93
Oh God...

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
Oh God...

There is no god in this movie big grin

juggernaut66666
what the fcuk is that look i mean ghost rider's head is a flamming skull not a NICOLAS cage

Takion
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
what the fcuk is that look i mean ghost rider's head is a flamming skull not a NICOLAS cage
laughing

supernatural
juggernaut66666, who is that in ur sig with the flaming eyes or watever?

grey fox
What ? i couldn't find the actual trailer but the images look ok .

Jimmy Buggs
looked kind of corny

Grimm22
ugh, this movie is destined to suck.

The director also did Daredevil and we all know how well that turned out roll eyes (sarcastic)

Also, he even said that he is going to make up a Ghost Rider story rather than follow one from the comics! mad

Erg, why does Avi Arid allow this crap to be made!

willRules
I usually quite sceptical of these movies. I did not like X-men 1 or spidey 2, but this doesn't look half bad IMO. I was a bit annoyed that we don't see the actual flaming skull head for almost all of the trailer but it had some funny lines in it and looked quite enjoyable even if it was Nicholas Cage doing the role.............................

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Grimm22
suck

That's all you needed to say. wink

Grimm22
Originally posted by willRules
I usually quite sceptical of these movies. I did not like X-men 1 or spidey 2, but this doesn't look half bad IMO. I was a bit annoyed that we don't see the actual flaming skull head for almost all of the trailer but it had some funny lines in it and looked quite enjoyable even if it was Nicholas Cage doing the role.............................

Yep, X-Men 1 wasnt that good and I hated Spidey 2.

Of course nothing comes close to how bad Daredevil and Elektra were.

roughrider
If there's no flaming skull, I don't want to hear about it!furious

He-guy88
wat u mean no flamin skull

FG725
Originally posted by He-guy88
wat u mean no flamin skull
you dont see it in the previews oh no.....it's there guys it's on the cover and the goth chick describes it......I dont see why everyone is so worried all of the stories in comics have been changed for instance X-men: Rogue is a little kid who is with wolverine and neither angel or beast two of the originals are in it same with some other films so dont dare ***** about that next this has sam elliot Im sure alot of you dont watch country movies but he is one of the best actors I can think of and this groundkeeper role is great for him. Personally I wanna go see it even if it is made by the person who did DD

steverules
I want a flaming skull, that girl said it was a flaming skull in the trailer when she was being interviewed but since when has Nicolas Cage's head looked like a flaming skull?

Milkie
Originally posted by Takion
Nicholas isnt playing that good. Looks like a Spawn movie. Wheres Batman?

Actually Spawn SOLD well. It was the number 1 movie the year it came out.

roughrider
SPAWN may have been No. 1 the weekend it opened, but finished far behind films like Men In Black, Jurassic Park 2, and Titanic.

Milkie
So.

Most comic book movies TODAY have not done better then those movies.

I'm just saying compared to a few other comic book movies Spawn sold pretty well.

roughrider
There was a lot of chest thumping by Todd McFarlane and his filmmakers; talking about how they got his character into the theatres, while Spider-Man was still in legal squabbling between movie companies, as to who had the rights. Well, nine years later, the Spider-Man franchise is huge worldwide, with no. 3 coming next year; while Spawn 2 has yet to get off the rails. They missed their opening, I think.

Milkie
Well he was doing really good with the show on HBO at the time. It had GREAT ratings and went on for 3 years to have 3 or so seasons so he pretty much focused on that instead of another movie.

Check It out. Listen
http://www.spawn.com/news/events/mocca/audio/67.mp3

roughrider
The HBO show was good.

TheOnes2
WOW!!!!! Have you all seen these 2 new trailers!?!?!?!?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high.html

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high_international.html

Looks Awesome!

roughrider
I have seen the flaming skull, so all is well at the moment. My jihad against the filmmakers has been stopped, for now. big grin

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by TheOnes2
WOW!!!!! Have you all seen these 2 new trailers!?!?!?!?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high.html

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high_international.html

Looks Awesome!
I Changed my opinion this movie is going to be AWESOME!!

He-guy88
man i finaly got the tralirs to work and iv got to say im happy with the way it looks iv been waiting so long for this movie now i dont know if i can wait till it comes out

UltimateStryfe
i saw the premiere of X3 and they played the Ghost Rider domestic trailer. it was COOL! the chain is, wow.

UltimateStryfe
here's the link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/

Blair Wind
yea the trailer looked good, special effects are good. Im just not sure about Nick Cage. erm

UltimateStryfe
me neither.

Grimm22
Im still iffy on this erm

I mean GR looks decent, not as cool as he could look though sad

I just hope that GR is a different personality than Johnny Blaze. no expression

UltimateStryfe
he's not. but he does use the Hellfire shotgun if you notice.

grey fox
I saw the trailer, it does look pretty good. Especially the 'Riding up the Skyscraper' scene.

Darth Vicious
Ive just seen the trailer for GR in Xmen 3 and damn it looks awsome, it may suuck but if it is like the trailer it is gonna be awsome.

UltimateStryfe
yup

Grimm22
Marvel does have a history to have amazing trailers for crap movies (ex: Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man 2).

So it could just be a trick wink

UltimateStryfe
don't open up side discussions like that.
you could've just said," the trailer could be good but the movie may be bad".

Darth Vicious
GR pic

Darth Vicious
GR pic 2

Darth Vicious
GR Pic 3

UltimateStryfe
that's so cool

Wolverine2006
Ghost Rider kicks A$$!

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>