It's official Rice is new US secretary of state

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Well I for one cant stand this woman. mad

Mr Zero
Whats your problem with her? Care to share?

I mean i'm no far of the ladies politics, but you surely have to rejoice the fact that a black woman is secretary of state in the USA? It's a good day in that respect - big picture wise...

Linkalicious
it shouldn't matter whether she's black or a woman, as long as the best person for the job has the job....then I'm happy.

i just wonder how people determine who's suitable for such positions...

Does GWB just have a big dart board with faces on it while he plays pin the donkey? or is there a basis for moving her from her current position up the ladder....aside from the obvious vacancy.

Jedi Priestess
Whats my problem? I think shes a liar and on a huge assed powertrip. Link she does the best job of kissing Bush's ass Id say.

Linkalicious
you're right.

I thought I remembered her lying in front of the 9/11 comission or something like that, but I didn't want to be bothered looking it up, and i didn't want to mention something that I had a vague rememberence about.

Any "firsts" or "big steps" towards sexual and racial equality in the White House during this administration is tainted. I'm in favor of women, and all different races being an integral part of the United States government especially in the Administrative Cabinet, but not from this particular administration.

Alpha Centauri
Wolverine looks like he's about to swallow Jean in that picture Link.

Anyway I think the world, more importantly the US, should get used to having 4 years of shocking political decisions.

-AC

mc pee pants
i don't like it.

finti
cant say I feel she boosts of confidence and trust. What I have seen and heard of her is that of a scrupless power greedy "gal"

Linkalicious
"hag" would be a better 3 letter word. smile

Fire
I think Bush is just getting rid of all secretaries who didn't support him 100% certainly now that he has total control over congress

Dr. Strangelove
I must say she looks very evil.fear

http://www.poppalon.com/rice.jpg

Linkalicious
I wonder what it's like to be Mr. Rice...knowing his wife wears the pants in the relationship...

Fire
he's a doormat I bet
yes dear, no dear, yes dear, ofcourse dear

PVS
JP, i thought you hated politics blink

remember rice's testimony at the 9/11 comission?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROEMER. I think we should make this document public, Dr. Rice. Would you support making the Aug. 6 P.D.B. public?

RICE. The Aug. 6 P.D.B. had been available to you.

ROEMER. In a -

RICE. You are, you're describing it. And the Aug. 6 P.D.B. was a response to questions asked by the president not a warning document.

ROEMER. Why wouldn't it be made public then?

RICE. Now as to - I think you know the sensitivity of presidential decision memoranda. And I think you know the great lengths to which we have gone to make it possible for this commission to view documents that are not generally, I don't know if they've ever been made available in quite this way. Now as to what Dick Clarke said on Sept. 4. That was not a premonition nor a warning. What that memorandum was was I was getting ready to go into the Sept. 4 principals meeting to review the new N.S.P.D. and to approve the new N.S.P.D. What it was was a warning to me that the bureaucracies would try to undermine it. Dick goes into great and emotional detail about the long history of how D.O.D. has never been responsive. How the C.I.A. has never been responsive, about how the Predator has gotten hung up because the C.I.A. doesn't really want to fly it. And he says if you don't fight through this bureaucracy, he says at one point they're going to all sign on to this N.S.P.D. because they won't want to be - they won't want to say that they don't want to eliminate the threat of Al Qaeda. He says but you really have, in effect, you have to go in there and push them. Because we'll all wonder about the day when thousands of Americans and so forth and so on. So that's what this document is. It's not a warning document. It's not a - all of us had this fear. I think that the chairman mentioned that I had said this in an interview that we would hope not to get to that day. But it would not be appropriate or correct to characterize what Dick wrote to me on Sept. 4 as a warning of an impending attack. What he was doing was I think trying to buck me up so that when I went in to this principals meeting I was sufficiently on guard against the kind of bureaucratic inertia that he had fought all of his life.

ROEMER. What is a warning if Aug. 6 isn't and Sept. 4 isn't to you?

RICE. Well, Aug. 6 is most certainly a historical document that says here's how you might think about Al Qaeda. A warning is when you have something that suggests that an attack is impending. And we did not have on the United States threat information that was in any way specific enough to suggest that something was coming in the United States. The Sept. 4 memo as I've said to you was a warning to me not to get dragged down by the bureaucracy not a warning about Sept. 11.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/04/08/politics/08RICE-TEXT.html?pagewanted=32&ei=5070&en=5f71755dc812a917&ex=1100754000

sure rice, it wasnt a warning at all...it was.......whatever the f**k you called it.
let us disregard the fact that it was titled "Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A2285-2004Apr10&notFound=true

and here it is:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bin Ladin Determined To Strike in US

Clandestine, foreign government, and media reports indicate Bin Ladin since 1997 has wanted to conduct terrorist attacks in the US. Bin Ladin implied in US television interviews in 1997 and 1998 that his followers would follow the example of World Trade Center bomber Ramzi Yousef and "bring the fighting to America."

After US missile strikes on his base in Afghanistan in 1998, Bin Ladin told followers he wanted to retaliate in Washington, according to a ...(redacted portion) ... service.

An Egyptian Islamic Jihad (EIJ) operative told an ... (redacted portion) ... service at the same time that Bin Ladin was planning to exploit the operative's access to the US to mount a terrorist strike.

The millennium plotting in Canada in 1999 may have been part of Bin Ladin's first serious attempt to implement a terrorist strike in the US. Convicted plotter Ahmed Ressam has told the FBI that he conceived the idea to attack Los Angeles International Airport himself, but that Bin Ladin lieutenant Abu Zubaydah encouraged him and helped facilitate the operation. Ressam also said that in 1998 Abu Zubaydah was planning his own US attack.

Ressam says Bin Ladin was aware of the Los Angeles operation.

Although Bin Ladin has not succeeded, his attacks against the US Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998 demonstrate that he prepares operations years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks. Bin Ladin associates surveilled our Embassies in Nairobi and Dar es Salaam as early as 1993, and some members of the Nairobi cell planning the bombings were arrested and deported in 1997.

Al-Qa'ida members -- including some who are US citizens -- have resided in or traveled to the US for years, and the group apparently maintains a support structure that could aid attacks. Two al-Qa'ida members found guilty in the conspiracy to bomb our Embassies in East Africa were US citizens, and a senior EIJ member lived in California in the mid-1990s.

A clandestine source said in 1998 that a Bin Ladin cell in New York was recruiting Muslim-American youth for attacks.

We have not been able to corroborate some of the more sensational threat reporting, such as that from a ... (redacted portion) ... service in 1998 saying that Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shaykh" 'Umar 'Abd al-Rahman and other US-held extremists.

Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York.

The FBI is conducting approximately 70 full field investigations throughout the US that it considers Bin Ladin-related. CIA and the FBI are investigating a call to our Embassy in the UAE in May saying that a group of Bin Ladin supporters was in the US planning attacks with explosives.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well shit, if you dont see that as a warning, you are either retarded or you're...
the secretary of state.

...yeah...we're f**ked aren't we?

mc pee pants
so f*cked.

Jedi Priestess
well PVS its posts like that, that make me hate these types of threads normally. If I wanted to read all that crap I'd go buy myself a Newsweek, US News & Time.

And Link and Fire I suspect that not only may she wear the pants, she prolly has the equipment her husband does as well. messed

Jackie Malfoy
I heard that she is a good woman and that is what matters to me not the color of her skin or her reglion.Bush made a great choice picking her!That is all I can say!JM

mc pee pants
let's not make this a sex or racial issue. let's talk about if she could get the job done. i don't care if the secretary of state is gay, or lesbian, or yellow, or red, or black, or white... as long as the replcement is competent. the fact that she's black woman in power is no reason to celebrate just because she got the position. ooh, we're breaking barriers, a black woman in a powerful government position... we're SO progressing. roll eyes (sarcastic)

MornGlory
nothing wrong with a sassy black woman in a top position

bilbofett
BTW, Rice has never been married. Wonder why? Hmmmmmmmmm?

This event does not bode well for the next 4 years. I'm all for women & all ethnicities in govt (old white men dont seem to be getting anything done besides getting themselves rich) but this has nothing to do with race or gender. Its simply Bushie getting all his 'yes' folks where he wants them, or rather where Cheney wants em.

Jedi Priestess
OK Morn I have to wonder why on earth you have Wornus as a sig?

Ushgarak
Err...

Sorry, guys, whatever your beef with her is, from those transcripts I have NO problem. That document was a general statement that "Bin Laden wants to do something," (as if him being the FBI number one mostwanted hadn't made that clear anyway), NOT a specific warning of an attack that anyone could have done anything about! Gee. I'm with her on that one, it was not an ignored warning.

You cannot ass around with definitions when it suits you. Either the administration is accused of ignoring warnings that 9/11 was coming or it is accused of ignoring Bin Laden as a threat in general. From what we see there, the first did not occur because no such wanring was received, and the second never happened because they didn't ignore that threat relative to the info they had.

KharmaDog
I just don't like the fact that she's another one of George Bush's kiss ass lackies with ties to the oil industry.

So the most popular member of his administration and internationally respected man is out (Powell) and is replaced with a currently very unpopular member if the admin who is not that highly thought of in international circles(Rice). It's like Bush is intentionally trying to alienate the US from all his allies.

finti
Cheney doesnt want them in government he want them working for him in Halliburton cool

note that a lot of people havent mentioned her skin color let alone what religion she prefer, but since we are on the subject I guess her true religious conviction lays with the Amazon cult. big grin

Dr. Strangelove
Weapons of mass destruction!!! eek!

PVS
sad

PVS
RICE "was historical information based on old reporting. There was no new threat information. And it did not, in fact, warn of any coming attacks inside the United States."

now ush, i will submit that it never warned of planes slamming into buildings, but she claims there is no warning in that memo. these findings were not historic, they were very new.

how could this not be a warning?: "Nevertheless, FBI information since that time indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country consistent with preparations for hijackings or other types of attacks, including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."

Darth Surgent
weep

^( My new favorite smilie)

Darth Revan
OH SWEET JEEBUS shock

We're all doomed! Doomed, I says! fear

tyrell
Rice?

I know nothing about this person. Being in the U.K I find it hard enough copeing with our politics.

BUT, when I see pictures of Rice I don't know why but I get the feeling we are in for a very different time with this person.

Lets hope it is for the better! But somehow and sadly I think it will be for the worse!

finti
Rice aint married??????????? guess we have a us a new candidate for the nickname Iron Maiden then rock

manjaro
actually she's been single for quite some time now. and she's 50 and still looks fine. 1+1=she can sit on face anytime

PVS
speak for yourself. puke

manjaro
I Was! laughing

Drools like Homer Simpson: Condi Rice sitting on my face.............argrggghgghgh!

finti
for your sake I hope she removes her chastity belt first eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.