If you were given a chance to live on Arda, where would live?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mandos
I would surely choose Gondolin, with its white wall, in a middle of a valley surrounded by hight moutains, defended by the eagles. What a paradise it would be... well, until the Balrogs came to destroy it of course.

eezy45
Good choice, would pick the same big grin

But in the third age e.g..... I would take my rest in the Shire hehe smile

Exabyte

Thorondor
The Crissaegrim smile

Bar-en-Danwedh
i don't know which of the 100 threads i posted in so i'll just answer again...

Lammoth.

Morgoths_Wrath
In MORDOR! Next to the Mountain of FIRE! MUAHAHAHA!

No, but seriously I would like to live in Lothlorien.

Mordor would be my vacation home! big grin

Mandos
I'm sorry if I create threads with similar topics as the other ones. I'm new, but I'll get used to it. I'll search before making. Tx for the tip Exabyte

Lord_Andres
Minas Tirith or Dol Amroth big grin

Lord_Andres
or maybe also Pelagir

Darth Sauron
Minas Tirith reminds me of America, so no.
Rohan reminds me of Britain- so no.
Mordor reminds me of America- so no
Isengard reminds me of Britain- so no
Numenor remings me of France, and im afriad of drowning- so no
Lothlorien reminds me of being really bored- why would anybody spend thousands of years with trees?
The Shire- Put it this way, Gandalf is the most exciting person they know- definately no.
Moria- Is dark, only light would be from fire most probably- I would get migranes from the constant flickering. No
Gondolin- Ok, its white, your not allowed to leave and nobody can think 'wow, he lives in Gondolin, he must be rich or cool or even both, lets sleep with him' because nombody knows gondolin exists, or at least they dont know where it is or who lives there. No
Valinor- If i want to live in a dictatorsip i will move to North Korea. If i want to be forced into a religion i will move to Israel. No
Mirkwood- Legolas lives there, N'uff said. No
The River Town From The Hobbit- Cant be that good as i cant remember the name. Also, the locals dialogue in the book is terrible and boring. No
Tol Elessea- If i wanted to live on an island at sea, i would go to Numenor, and as i already said... No
Minas Ithil- oooh, i wouldnt mind living here, can i see the property now? what? theres nine undead kings of men there? well, dont they live room-mates? What do you mean no? Its the tower of the moon, i love the moon! What...tower of sorce...ry? Not a wise name change, who decided on that one? Sauron? Why him? He owns the place? Oh, so he only rents it out? Well, i dont want to live in anywhere nine undead people are, im going to take a pass.
tol sirion- What, he owns this too? Jesus!
Osgiliath- ooh, view overlooking mountains, Gondor and a nice river! Oh but wait, small print says 'Never rebuilt after war of ring' Damn!

I give up! Im not moving! Damn these properties!

eezy45
hysterical

Dreamreaver
Its a toss up for me. Either Minas Tirith or Rivendell. Or maybe the Shire lol...I've often fancied life in Numenor *sp as well. So many wonderful places to choose from.

Darth Sauron
Oh, i forgot about rivendell happy
But with an agent in charge, it cant be all too good

Mandos
big grin Good way to put it. But I still think Gondolin would be the most fun place to live, at least better than the Shire.

Sicky666
I would chose Mordor, I have to say that the best part of the movies were the parts in Mordor... rolling on floor laughing

Lord_Andres
you would live with those orcs that sleep in their shit, and eat raw meat and breath in ash all day long??? I doubt you would

Bar-en-Danwedh
Darth Sauron... you have too much energy...
i hope you use it constuctivley outside these forums, or at the very least exhaust yourself here so you are physically unable to create mishcieve in the real world...

that being said...

i should explain my reasons for choosing LAMMOTH (AKA 'Great Echo').
it was the place where Ungoliant (Shelobs Mother - and a hundered times bigger) attacked Melkor (AKA Morgoth, Saurons Master - for those who don't read), who let out a scream so loud it reshaped the cliff walls and surrounding mountains so that his scream could be heard still echoing for years to come in that area... and even after how ever many decades it took to fade out, you could still go up to a high point their and yell on top of your voice only to have the echo of Melkors voice return...

cool huh...

plus there wwas the whole thing with the army of balrogs running up and beating the crap out of ungoliant chasing her away until she was forced to consume herself to death...

Sicky666
An orc shouldn't have to be a problem, o.k. probably they will torture me down there because I'm an human, but what is an Orc compared with Sauron??? I would be fearing him not the Orcs....

Lord_Andres
I dont think sauron would even bother that you would be there, he would let his slave masters on you and would think being raped by a 1000 men would be paradise

Telperaca
My favourite place is Lothlorien, and so I guess that would be the place I'd love to live! smile

Mandos
Ok let's change the question a little bit. If there was no evil in Middle-Earth, where would you live? I was choosing Gondolin for safety, but if I were to go out in the wild without risking anything, I think I would live arround the Sirion, walking up and down to see what's happening, without a real house.

Lord_Andres
hmmmm I still say somewhare in Gondor, Gondolin is to isolated you cant go whare ever you would like when u like, I would really want to go see Tom Bombadil have a loooooomg talk with him, and maybe go live with the dwarfs for a time, they so cool, and they eat ripemeat of the bone and drink MALT BEER!

Sicky666
Sounds good Lord Andres...

stick out tongue

Mandos
Good plan, I'd probably follow you in your journey.

Sicky666
Mmm...

Sicky666
Sure, I would love that...

Mandos
hehe

Sicky666
This one is for you:

Sicky666
Catch it but don't burn your hands, haha...

Mandos
laughing

Lord_Andres
Cool could easily be a monster in Doom smile

Mandos
lol

Lord_Andres
A monster for me to beat the shit out of big grin

Sicky666
These are monsters from Diablo II/Expansion Pack, this is the best game ever to me!!!
Especially Diablo & Baal ofcourse, haha....

Lord_Andres
ah well I like the first diablo better, it had that perfact atmospher, and PERFECT voice acting, Cain rules hehe

Sicky666
Cain? Well, I think Diablo II is better because you can carry more items, more cool monsters and better weapons, and the Expansion Pack I think is the best (till now). Cain is a cool guide, he can almost tell you anything about the quest you are solving, but he isn't my favourite character, that would be Diablo himself, and I think Diablo is more cooler in Diablo II than in I.

Darth Sauron
If there was no evil in middle earth, i couldnt live there. When there is no evil people create it.

Oh wow, theres no Dark Lord, i suppose i will make a big black throne and declare myself evil smile

then you get loads of people all wanting to be the bad guy killing the shit out of each other and then the good guys come in and kick the shit out of everyone who wants to be bad until just about everyone is dead. Then, if a bad guy wins, he is the bid evil man of the age. If a good guys wins...repeat process until he doesnt.

Mandos
The picture you put before is called a skelleton mage. I played alot Diablo 2 and it was very good, but I have to say the best game I've played is Baldur's Gate: Sahdows of Amn.

Sicky666
I played Baldur's Gate one time, but wasn't really impressed of it...

Mandos
Darth Sauron, where do you come up with these ideas. Put them in my song forum, man, we need you to do it.

Aleera1138
Rivendell or Lothlorien would be my first choices...LOL Gondor, My Very close second. wink I guess it is just the Male Elves...and Aragorn...LOL who would make my decision to live there. LOL angel

Sicky666
My second choice would be Moria, it's dark there...haha...

Darth Sauron
wait, you mean there are male elves?

Wonder why they werent in the film messed

Mandos
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sicky666
I like places in the dark best...places that not yet have been touched by the Sun...the places were evil dwell...the places of shadows and Void...

Mandos
That's scary wink

Mandos
Come on guys, let's go up to 50 posts here plz. I want my letter to change in red. It would be the first time.

Darth Sauron
Well, one thing to do....

****ING PAR-TAY!

Mandos
YAHOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Darth Sauron
*gets down on knee*
I hand to you, the fiftieth post, make it your own!

Mandos
That's it. I did it 50 posts Yahopuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Discos
it would totally be in Araman, just north of Valinor. I chose this place because Valinor would have too much comotion and would be busy and all, i want a nice out of the way quiet place.

The shire would also be nice, i would get soo wasted.

Mandos
Yeah, and you'll have to stay in Valinor for the rest of your days. Not for me...

Bar-en-Danwedh
if it were in the fourth age... i see if Minas Morgul was still standing...
and set up shop there...

if not i'd squat in Orthanc...
and try and recover the palantir....

LittleGilraen
i would live in either the Shire or Mirkwood. happy

Discos
I actually wouldnt mind popping a swuat next to Bambadil's house.

Sicky666
Mordor...I would love to feel the negative energies of the Orcs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.