Jason's Costume Confusion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JasonVoorhees#1
I've always wondered in most of the classic friday the 13ths Jason always wore a blackish-blue jumpsuit thingy.but in FvsJ and JX he's wearing a large brown coat {sorta like a trench coat), black pants, and he wears a tathered shirt underneath his coat. and is hard ta say that he stole those clothes because he wasn't wearing them in JGTH (which also includes a costume question about the mask, in JGTH the mask is burned and fused to his head from JTM. but in FvsJ its not fused to his head} well anyways when Jason came back outta the ground he was wearing the new clothing. but i do like the new outfit better anyways.

Cinemaddiction
"Friday the 13th" is one franchise that is totally unreliable when it comes to continuity. Especially early on. Friday 4, there's no axe damage on the left side of his mask, from when Tommy nailed him at the end of 3. That, and it goes from clean to dirty, movie to movie.

Somehow, I don't see a mongoloid swinging by a sporting goods shop for a hockey mask.

JasonVoorhees#1
actually when tommy killed Jason on part 4 he was buried without a mask then in part tommy gave him a new mask. but in Fvsj the mask is really screwed up. at the beggining Jason doesnt have a ax wound in the mask from part 3 but at the end when he bursts through the lake surface it's clearly there when it wasn't there before.

Wolfie
Jason doesn't wear the same mask from #3. He got a new mask at the beginning of #8. So there shouldn't be any axe wounds.

zombieman
No, he's struck in the face with an axe in part 3, there should be an axe wound in part 4 but there isn't. What confuses me more is the fact they find him on earth in Jason X when he supposedly went to hell in part 9.

Zilverz
Freddy VS Jason answers that problem ... Freddy brings Jason back from hell ... even though the movie was made AFTER Jason X.... Jason X is still in the future.

Zilverz
Hmmm part 4 is a direct continuation of part 3. There most definately should be a axe indention in the mask. Is this only 1 scene in particular you noticed the axe notch is gone ? or are you refrencing the whole entire movie ? It has been a while since I have seen part 4 but thought i remimber seening the indention.

Lets also not be so critical. It is not like the Friday the 13th movies were all made by the same director with one vision. Major plot devices have continuity in most of the films.

As for the "Mongoloid", would you deny him service? If you havent noticed only 1 person was able to kill Jason and the only reason he got the critical hit on him was because he mezmorized him by his own child resemblence. Every one else that opposes him gets there skull crushed.
Now, would you please ring up that tall mongoloid, he apears to be getting frustrated.

JasonVoorhees#1
actually only 2 true people have killed Jason, Tommy Jarviss by machete and Jessica Voorhees by sending him to hell.

Zilverz
on the contrary, Jessica Voorhees sent the reanimated Jason Zombie to hell. Jason Voorhees would still be in hell from dying part 4.

only until Freddy Vs Jason would Jason Voorhees be brought back.

JasonVoorhees#1
true but it seems that Jason is only a reanimated corpse but still he is himself a child. and if he was a zombie he wouldn't still be doing things his old fasioned way. Even zombie Jason didn't hurt those chikldren in the cabin in part 6 even though it was clearly in his powers.

Zilverz
You do have a point. But most zombie movies do not portray zombies in a realistic way. This is obviously the case in Part 6 because zombies would not be able to retain a memory, only certain instictive like functions. Even killing just to kill would not be an instictive function of Jason. He wasnt born to kill. But EATING would be. His whole reanimation sequence is another unrealistic zombie feat. One would not be able to become a zombie after you were already dead. Nevertheless, as far as the story goes he still is a reanimated dead corpse.

JasonVoorhees#1
Yes but Jason is wat i call a hybrid a zombie with a mind. most zombies don't have a mind they only follow the most basic of instincts mostly, eating. the decomposoning of Jason stopped once he was resurrected, slowly Jason's regenerative ability makes him more and more human with the powers of the immortal. Jason is a reanimated dead corpse but he is also alive you can see that he has human functions in fvsJ at the beginning when his lungs inflat showing that his regenerative powers have finally turned him back into a true human.

Zilverz
At what point in time did he get regeration capabilities ? Also how would he have immortal powers? I do not see how he would be any stronger than his muscles provide? Realistically his muscles would have deteriated and what didnt would have regormortis. But lets say he didnt have regormortis. he is a dead corpse, there is no blood flow through the body, his muscles tissue would not rebuild once he ripped them from exerting force. So he estentially should get weaker and weaker until being immobolized

JasonVoorhees#1
correct, but Jason got those regenerative powers in part 6 when he bacame the zombie. and thanks to the regenative powers his muscluels are constantly rebuilding and become stronger. how else could he throw freddy practically 50 feet through the air. and we all known Jason doesn't pysically feel pain but that doesn't explain how he takes such punishment. a normal person with that would still die if he was stabbed in the heart. but due to his reanimated state he doesn't only not feel pain but constantly rebuilds lost tissues. at the begging of Jason X dr.rowan or whatever even speaks of these regenerative powers and further proof is in FvsJ when his eyes are stabbed by Freddys claws and yet a minute later he's blocking off Freddys attacks as though he can see.

gls
in FvsJ in the begginning jasons mother (whos actually freddy) even talks about his being "special" and that no one can kill him.

Zilverz
You dont see that as irony ?? since he WAS killed that is the reason he is there. That was just freddy talkin the big man up .

Zilverz
I think you have a wild imagination. How does a lightning bolt give someone/something a healing factor? Youve read too many comic books son. How do you backup those claims that he rebuilds tissue and gets stronger? As for your FvJ claim. I think i remimber seeing something hokey like that. What can I say? Friday 13th franchise has had so many different directors doing different things with the story. Jason obviously isnt human in FvJ. He was DEAD. His spirit was brought from Hell, He wasnt born for a womans womb again. So my thoughts is that he is more of a demonish spirit now inside his old zombie body. Does a spirit need to see through human eyes ? besides his eyes should have rotted out when he was dead and buried from Part 4

As for the Jason X claim. They did not really know anything about Jason obviously, they all got killed. And i think they were also just trying to understand how that "zombie" wasnt dying.

Zilverz
All this debate. I am ordering my 1-8 13th box set

JasonVoorhees#1
me to i'm getting that box set... Its nice ta talk to someone who knows as mush about Jason as me.

Zilverz
i just bought every title

1-8, JGH, JX,FVJ for like $66 shipped @ deepdiscountdvd with that 20% off deal .... thats like $6 a Movie

JasonVoorhees#1
(spits out water) Can you repeat that.

(spits out water again) Your so lucky i'm getting my movies from there from now on...

Zilverz
Read the thread about the 20% discount .. it only lasts a few more days

JasonVoorhees#1
ah dammit... oh well i'll live. Untill then i only have FvsJ which is more of a Freddy movie cause in his movies he's always dead at thje end but theres always a bit a proof he's alive.

theSINISTERdude
Interesting conversation.

First of all it is correct that he did in fact get a new mask in part 8 since Tina spit his mask with her jean grey powers in part 7. This would have been the mask that tommy gave him in part 6 apart from the one that he did wear and died in from part 4.

Tommy did in fact kill him in part 4 also cutting his mask off in the process.

Man oh man do i love some Jason conversation.

And yup is me from last Halloween in image

LeonBuco666
Jason does gain a regenative healing factor after part 6, in that film if you didnt notice, his wounds from rotting away begin to disappear gradually, in FvJ, at the end when freddy gauges his eyes out when jason drags freddy underwater, the next day or when ever it is jasons eyes are back when he's carrying freddys head, so yes he does have a healing factor.
His body is a dead corpse, but his actual brain is not, he still retains memories. His brain apparently got kickstarted from from the Bolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.